OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 21, 2014, 06:31:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Homo Sapiens created by aliens through genes mutation?  (Read 3983 times) Average Rating: 0
Virtual Paradise
Moderated

« on: April 02, 2013, 03:17:59 PM »

In 1850, Austen Henry, a famous excavator, found some ancient clay tablets in Iraq (almost 250 miles away of Baghdad) during his excavation. The exact location of this excavation was near a area of today’s Iraqi town Mosul. The Sumerian tablets give us the clue about one of the historical findings imaginable of our time- evidence of advanced species descending to our planet earth and living with humans. These Sumerian texts was first deciphered by a linguistic scholar Zechariah Sitchin, who was a master of many Middle Eastern languages- Sumerian, Hebrew, Aramaic. His translation reveals that Annunaki was a god, lived with humans, who descended from a heavenly body. This Sumerian text is also known as Enoch, which describes Gods as “the watchers” as does Egyptian text. According to this tablet Annunaki came from a distant planet “Nibiru”, which has been recently located by astronomers, beyond Pluto, and has been named as Planet X.

(...)Sitchin’s translation says that Annunaki came to our planet approximately 450,000 years ago in order to mine gold in a place in present day’s Zimbabwe. A recent research by an Anglo-American corp. has confirmed that an extensive scale of gold mining in the same area, at least 100,000 years ago.

In order to create a new slave or working class for mining work, the Annunaki’s genes and the native human genes were mixed up in a test tube to create the new race- Homo sapiens.

I was watching "Ancient Aliens" on History Channel and the Summerian Tablets that are estimated to be 4000 years old were brought into discussiong at the end of the documentary. They were interpreting ancient writing such as the Mahābhārata and the Iliad and Odyssey through the eyes of modern technologies and modern medicine especially genetical mutations. One of their theories were that the gods of ancient times were aliens and that they created through gene mutations all those mythological creatures, like the minotaurs, centaurs, cerber, medusa and the rest of hybridical mythological creatures/gods. Apparently the Summerian Tablets seem to corroborate with the Evolution theory. What do you think? What is your saying of this? What is your take on this?
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 03:19:02 PM »

Who are you? Huh
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 03:25:23 PM »

So, if aliens (demons) created the centaurs, Minotaur, etc.....what did they evolve in to over time?

They vanished, if they existed, no?

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 03:25:50 PM »

Primarily, you shouldn't watch Ancient Aliens unless you are really, really, really bored!

Secondly, there are no serious scholar who supports these theories. Ancient texts can be interpreted to mean almost anything.

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Virtual Paradise
Moderated

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 04:20:19 PM »

Who are you? Huh

Your Dad. But you can call me Dadda!
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 07:05:01 PM »

History is complicated... Therefore, aliens did it.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 08:36:44 PM »

I've never seen the Ancient Aliens thing except for the play on the idea around here.

So which is the most ridiculous of sci-fi religion:

Ancient Aliens
Scientology
Nation of Islam (which looks to be folding into the prior selection)
Write in nomination

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 08:52:01 PM »

If all this happened, I just think there would have to be more evidence. There would be UFOs coming and going day and night. A lot of people think there are... but I don't know.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 09:04:27 PM »

My husband just handed me this link, which apparently shows some aliens working over an abducted human.

http://archivosovni2.blogspot.com/

And then there is that so-called "non-fiction" book by Horn and Putnam on sale and due to be released by April 15: Exo-vaticana. See my thread about that book in the private forums under Orthodox-Other Christian discussions.

2013 is the year of the lunatics!  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 09:07:18 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 09:35:20 PM »

I've never seen the Ancient Aliens thing except for the play on the idea around here.

So which is the most ridiculous of sci-fi religion:

Ancient Aliens
Scientology
Nation of Islam (which looks to be folding into the prior selection)
Write in nomination

AA; definitely AA.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 09:40:11 PM »

My husband just handed me this link, which apparently shows some aliens working over an abducted human.

http://archivosovni2.blogspot.com/

And then there is that so-called "non-fiction" book by Horn and Putnam on sale and due to be released by April 15: Exo-vaticana. See my thread about that book in the private forums under Orthodox-Other Christian discussions.

2013 is the year of the lunatics!  Roll Eyes

I wasted fifteen minutes just now Googling this "Exo" nonsense. Lunatic is too kind of a word.Seems to me that "Popes and Aliens"- the movie - will do the impossible - be even dumber than 2011's clunker "Cowboys and Aliens."
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 10:11:55 PM »

What do you think? What is your saying of this? What is your take on this?
Assyriologists of the past decades (those who study Sumerian, Akkadian and Babylonian stuff) unanimously consider Sitchin's 'translation', and conclusions from said translation, to be garbage.

For real Sumerian study I would begin with the work of Samuel Noah Kramer.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:12:33 PM by NicholasMyra » Logged

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
essene19

Faith: Islam

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 01:26:07 PM »

Sitchin shouldn't be taken seriously, and quite frankly, this entire contemporary obsession with ancient aliens and astronauts further highlights the spiritual disease at the heart of modern man.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 01:42:45 PM »

Welcome to the Forum, essene19!  Smiley

I hope you'll enjoy it here.

As a newbie, remember to read the RULES tab at the top of the page.

Once again, welcome!!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
KBN1
High Elder

Faith: EO

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 02:43:07 PM »

Primarily, you shouldn't watch Ancient Aliens unless you are really, really, really bored stoned!

Fix'd it.
Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2013, 03:41:24 PM »

Many Energies, Three Persons, Two Natures, One God.
Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2013, 03:48:58 PM »

I like Sci-Fi and aliens as a sub-genre.

My objection to aliens is that there are four options only really:

1) they don't exist, we are the only sensient species in the universe;
2) they exist, travel between star systems is possible and they simply don't have the technology like us;
3) they exist and regardless of their technology level, travel between star systems is physically unachievable for living beings;
4) they are here, but so well disguised we can't differentiate from other human beings or we can't see them (or Descarte's daemons theory: "what if the universe is an illusion so perfect we can't distinguish it from actual reality?")

This is the only reason why they wouldn't be swarming on this planet right now in some form colonialism. Any alien that we would be able to relate to as sensient beings, would probably be as inquisitive as we are, we the similar ranges of moral reactions towards us, and there would be those who were on our side, those who would be "racist" against us, imperialists, etc etc.

But we see none of that. So only 1 - 3 are possible, or 4 makes it irrelevant that they exist, since they don't do much more than posing as perfect illusions.

Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2013, 03:52:15 PM »

On the other hand angels and demons being spiritual creatures not "natural" to this material world can be seen as "spiritual aliens". They live in a different kind of spacetime that is usually called "celestial". This other spacetime has enough contact with ours that they can interact with us and even be seen on occasion.

Today I'm more inclined to believe that when the person is not hallucinating, the "aliens" are actually demons.

Virtual Paradise
Moderated

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2013, 05:53:50 PM »

Why have such a big universe than ?

JPL researcher Joseph Catanzarite points out just how many Earth-like planets there might really be:

"This means there are a lot of Earth analogs out there - two billion in the Milky Way galaxy. With that large a number, there's a good chance life and maybe even intelligent life might exist on some of those planets. And that's just our galaxy alone - there are 50 billion other galaxies."

Virtual Paradise
Moderated

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2013, 05:53:50 PM »

Sitchin shouldn't be taken seriously, and quite frankly, this entire contemporary obsession with ancient aliens and astronauts further highlights the spiritual disease at the heart of modern man.

The spiritual disease of man is immorality.

essene19

Faith: Islam

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013, 09:47:34 PM »

I don't deny that one bit, but the fact that people are so obsessed with trying to find alternative ways of explaining the creation of man in order to run away from the doctrines in revealed scriptures shows me two things:

1 - There is a concentrated effort to discredit biblical religion
2 - People are falling for it hook, line, and sinker.
Virtual Paradise
Moderated

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2013, 11:37:26 AM »

I don't deny that one bit, but the fact that people are so obsessed with trying to find alternative ways of explaining the creation of man in order to run away from the doctrines in revealed scriptures shows me two things:

1 - There is a concentrated effort to discredit biblical religion
2 - People are falling for it hook, line, and sinker.

The theory of Evolution seems to be doing a good job in that direction.

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2013, 04:58:06 PM »

What I find silly is that many of the same arguments that the religious use against the ancient aliens theory are the same exact arguments that the atheists use against them Smiley

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Ansgar
Archon

Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2013, 05:54:10 PM »

What I find silly is that many of the same arguments that the religious use against the ancient aliens theory are the same exact arguments that the atheists use against them Smiley

Why is that silly? Arguments can quite easily be used in many different situations. Whether those arguments can be called correct in each and every case is an entirely different matter.

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2013, 10:27:11 PM »

You are exactly right, that's why I do not criticize.   But most atheists I know, are for more apt to believe that we were aliens (or a life form) and evolved.

The issue at hand here is that I personally believe that major networks have an agenda against God, promote anything from aliens to evolution to take us away from our creator.  It's like throwing a wrench in the gear works for many Christians.

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
psalm110
Elder

Faith: Christianity
Jurisdiction: Orthodox

Orthodox Christian

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2013, 12:00:51 AM »

Theres a video on YouTube "debunking ancient aliens" documentary.
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2013, 03:21:30 PM »

Who are you? Huh

You may be PeterTheAleut's dad, but I doubt it. I do not think that anybody even remotely related to him would post such inane series of questions.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Virtual Paradise
Moderated

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2013, 05:31:15 PM »

Who are you? Huh

You may be PeterTheAleut's dad, but I doubt it. I do not think that anybody even remotely related to him would post such inane series of questions.

What do you mean?
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2013, 04:46:36 PM »

Who are you? Huh

What do you mean?

I mean that you keep on asking a large number questions that are more appropriate to a general discussion site than to an Orthodox one. Let me list them for you, just from the FFA-RT:

1. Soulmates
2. Homo Sapiens created by aliens through genes mutation?
3. Hindu Weddings
4. The Rastafari movement

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 05:32:06 PM »

2) they exist, travel between star systems is possible and they simply don't have the technology like us;
3) they exist and regardless of their technology level, travel between star systems is physically unachievable for living beings;
4) they are here, but so well disguised we can't differentiate from other human beings or we can't see them (or Descarte's daemons theory: "what if the universe is an illusion so perfect we can't distinguish it from actual reality?")

This is the only reason why they wouldn't be swarming on this planet right now in some form colonialism. Any alien that we would be able to relate to as sensient beings, would probably be as inquisitive as we are, we the similar ranges of moral reactions towards us, and there would be those who were on our side, those who would be "racist" against us, imperialists, etc etc.

But we see none of that. So only 1 - 3 are possible, or 4 makes it irrelevant that they exist, since they don't do much more than posing as perfect illusions.

Actually, there's a fifth possibility: They exist, travel between star systems is possible, but they're not about to touch our planet with a 10 foot pole, for good reason.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2013, 05:55:56 PM »

Actually, there's a fifth possibility: They exist, travel between star systems is possible, but they're not about to touch our planet with a 10 foot pole, for good reason.

Yes, we have really contaminated this wonderful planet which God created with with oil spills, nuclear explosions, nuclear radiation leaks and melt downs, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, herbicides, and GMO crops.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 05:57:11 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2013, 08:56:04 PM »

If aliens really do exist, I want to be the first Orthodox Missionary to spread the faith on their home planet before the Evangelicals pollute it. That'd equal instant Sainthood status for me  angel

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Virtual Paradise
Moderated

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2013, 06:23:03 AM »

If aliens really do exist, I want to be the first Orthodox Missionary to spread the faith on their home planet before the Evangelicals pollute it. That'd equal instant Sainthood status for me  angel

What makes you think they would be intellectual inferior to you or the people on planet Earth? If they can travel intergalactically they are clearly more advance than us, and probably even more spiritually advanced than us.
Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2013, 02:44:51 PM »

Ah, the theory that any race that survived long enough to not anhilate itself through nuclear wars or similar self-inflicted catastrophes would be spiritually superior.

I, particularly, think they would be morally equivalent to us. For all that matters, "fallen" as we are.

A nice Christian sci-fi scenario would be that they don't touch Earth for the same reason the Jews didn't touch the Ark: in their own prophecies (God wouldn't leave them alone), they've learned that this is the planet where the Eternal united with the Temporal. It would be a might blow to many atheist theories if they don't contact us directly out of a sense of sacred towards the race and planet where God incarnated.

What makes you think they would be intellectual inferior to you or the people on planet Earth? If they can travel intergalactically they are clearly more advance than us, and probably even more spiritually advanced than us.

Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2013, 02:57:41 PM »

Ah, the theory that any race that survived long enough to not anhilate itself through nuclear wars or similar self-inflicted catastrophes would be spiritually superior.

I love how they make fun of that in Mars Attacks

-St Silouan the athonite
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2013, 07:19:38 PM »

I love how they make fun of that in Mars Attacks

That's a good movie. Smiley

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Melodist
Archon

Faith: The Faith That Established The Universe
Jurisdiction: AOANA

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2013, 09:28:00 PM »

I was watching "Ancient Aliens" on History Channel

While I do find the show entertaining, I can't take it seriously. Watch enough episodes and you'll see why. The basic premise is (ancient culture) could  not have done (something) because we don't know how they did it, but their depictions of their gods look like modern human astronauts, so those gods must be advanced aliens (or alien societies) that either did (something) for (ancient culture) or gave them the technology to do (something).

And FWIW, these are our Fathers too, you know.

Made Perfect in Weakness - Latest Post: The Son of God
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: