OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 02:52:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Industrial Accident at Nuclear Plant leaves one dead  (Read 430 times) Average Rating: 0
Punch
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« on: April 01, 2013, 01:48:14 PM »

An accident Sunday morning at the Arkansas Nuclear One (ANO) powerplant left one man dead and eight others injured, two of whom are still hospitalized.  A 500 ton generator stator was being moved when it fell 30 feet after a rigging failure, killing one and injuring eight.  The force of the generator hitting the ground tripped the second unit from full power.  The impact was felt in houses up to five miles away.

The young man killed is named Wade Walters.  He was not Orthodox, but he was a Christian.  Please pray for his family, and that God may have mercy on his soul.  Also pray for the speedy recovery of those injured.  I do not know the severity of their injuries.

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
Fabio Leite
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek

Future belongs to God only.

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 01:49:48 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Multiple Energies, Three Persons, Two Natures, One God.
Punch
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 01:51:24 PM »

Additional photos.

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 01:52:15 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 04:15:54 PM »

Lord have mercy.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 04:25:14 PM »

Wow!

Lord, have mercy and grant a speedy recovery to those injured, and to those who mourn the loss of their loved one.

May his memory be eternal!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
quietmorning
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

St. Photini

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 11:04:40 PM »

Lord have mercy!  Memory Eternal!

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
Velsigne
Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 12:05:58 AM »

Good Lord.  I'm truly sorry that happened.  Is that your jobsite?  It's always upsetting, but even more so when we're right there.  Lord have mercy and forgive Wade Walters his sins, known and unknown.  Lord have mercy on the families, those injured, those who witnessed Wade's death, on the riggers and Lord have mercy on Punch and keep him safe.  

I know you said he is not Orthodox, but we say special prayers for those who die suddenly, which is the worst way, because we have no time to repent and prepare our soul.  I hope a lot of people here will pray for him, because we are the ones who pray for the departed.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 12:09:09 AM by Velsigne » Logged
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 12:59:48 AM »

Lord have mercy.
Punch
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 08:34:38 AM »

Thank you.  This is not the plant where I am assigned.  I have a friend down there that left the job site 2 hrs before the accident, so we have been getting some good information from him.  Also, there is a hunting forum from Arkansas that has been abuzz since this accident because several of the members work at ANO, including one who's father survived the accident with only minor injuries.

BTW - the latest report is that those that were injured have been released from the hospital.  OSHA is sending inspectors to investigate the fatality, and the NRC is sending two additional inspectors to augment the two already on site.   

Good Lord.  I'm truly sorry that happened.  Is that your jobsite?  It's always upsetting, but even more so when we're right there.  Lord have mercy and forgive Wade Walters his sins, known and unknown.  Lord have mercy on the families, those injured, those who witnessed Wade's death, on the riggers and Lord have mercy on Punch and keep him safe.  

I know you said he is not Orthodox, but we say special prayers for those who die suddenly, which is the worst way, because we have no time to repent and prepare our soul.  I hope a lot of people here will pray for him, because we are the ones who pray for the departed.

J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 01:11:21 PM »

Lord have mercy!  Memory eternal!

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 01:30:14 PM »

May the Lord have mercy on the soul of Wade Walters, and grant peace to all those who are touched by this tragedy. amen.

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: