OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 20, 2014, 08:53:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Poll
Question: see above
< 5 min - 7 (8.9%)
5-15 min - 44 (55.7%)
15-25 min - 18 (22.8%)
25-40 min - 5 (6.3%)
> 40 min - 5 (6.3%)
Total Voters: 69

Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How long is your sermon?  (Read 3009 times) Average Rating: 0
Sinful Hypocrite
Everyday I am critical of others. Every day I make similar mistakes. Every day I am a hypocrite.
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: "The Orthodox Church" by Bishop Kallistos Ware: "We know where the Church is but we cannot be sure where it is not; and so we must refrain from passing judgment on non-Orthodox Christians."

Great googly moogly!

« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2013, 06:32:11 PM »

Once when the Bishop was visiting our Church, I was in the altar as an altar boy, and as he was getting ready to give the sermon, I asked him what the best sermon he ever gave, he told us the best sermon is the shortest one.

I have to say that in my experience, going back a fairly long time, most bishops do not adhere to said policy. Smiley Smiley

If I remember correctly he also was long winded, but he also loved a good laugh.

The Lord gathers his sheep, I fear I am a goat. Lord have mercy.

"A Christian is someone who follows and worships a perfectly good God who revealed his true face through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth.“
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: