OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 08:01:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please pray - a few different requests  (Read 285 times) Average Rating: 0
quietmorning
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

St. Photini

« on: March 30, 2013, 10:17:14 AM »

My sister in law - my brother's wife has been battling breast cancer - and has met death's door but seems to be coming back again?  She's actually going back to work three days a week.  The beat the cancer in her liver - I don't know the status of the cancer in her kidneys.  I get very sketchy information most of the time.  She's a beautiful soul, though - and my brother is the best big brother anyone could have.  Her name is Marla, His name is Peter.  They have one grown daughter.

My little sister was recently diagnosed with breast cancer stage two.  She has gone through chemo, surgery and turned down radiation.  Her name is Virginia.

My sister in law - my husband's sister was diagnosed with breast cancer this week.  She is in the diagnostic stage of what kind, how far has it spread, etc.  They will do chemo then surgery starting on the 8th.

My father has prostate cancer, has far outlived any guess of when he would pass away as this cancer is a very aggressive form.  He keeps getting ill with every cold and flu that comes his way, and suffers from the effects of radiation.  He is currently stable with his cancer.  I don't know if he's in remission or not, but the treatments he is receiving is doing a good job in either slowing it or keeping him 'chronic'. 

And last - for myself.  I have sleep apnea and a dysfunctional sleep pattern.  Irregardless of how well the apnea is treated, I only get between 13 and 35 minutes of deep sleep a night - very broken up and interrupted by REM sleep.  The REM sleep doesn't last long enough to really be very effective, either.  I've been 9 months with my apnea treatment being incorrect, and because of this my sleep was even worse.  I've been incredibly fatigued, have not been able to drive.  By 2pm in the afternoon I'm in a stupor.  I'm just too fatigued to think much less do anything.  I had another sleep study two weeks ago - with my treatment being corrected last week - so I had three nights of correct pressure. . .then I got sick - AGAIN.  My immune system has been compromised by the lack of deep sleep and I've been catching every virus and bug that goes around.  I'm averaging getting sick with something new once a month right now.   When I pray, I keep thinking of the time before the Lord's agony in the garden when He stated 'the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak'.  I desire that my spirit would overcome my flesh - through Him, by Him, in Him.  I am weak.  Just praying despite the fatigue . . . would be so good.  His will, not mine.

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 10:27:38 AM »

Lord have mercy.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 12:04:41 PM »

Oh dear.

Lord, have mercy on Quietmorning and all the members of her family. Grant them healing, comfort and strength.
marigold
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 03:54:30 PM »

Lord, have mercy.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 03:59:00 PM »

Lord have mercy.  May the Lord give strength and comfort to those who are afflicted.
Gamliel
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 04:26:57 PM »

LORD have mercy on Quiet Morning's family and her.
genesisone
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 06:42:28 PM »

Lord, have mercy.
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 11:45:42 PM »

Lord, have mercy on Quietmorning and her family.

AS MANY OF YOU AS HAVE BEEN BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST HAVE PUT ON CHRIST, ALLELEUIA
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 02:08:10 PM »

Lord have mercy!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: