Author Topic: Illuminati & Freemasons  (Read 91601 times)

Offline username!

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
Re: Illuminati & Freemasons
« Reply #495 on: February 22, 2014, 05:52:50 PM »
Smh...
There is no point of knowing more. Its there for all to study not everyone may study the craft as intense out of personal preference.
First realise you dont know anything about freemasonary, you dont. Now ask questiond without preconceived notions. You can only then learn.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #496 on: February 22, 2014, 06:19:12 PM »
I think the fact that Gerald Ford was the last Masonic (and Scottish Rite) U.S. President sums things up nicely.

So what you're saying is that Gerald Ford is still the President of the United States, and the others were Masonic Manchurians providing the appearance of transparent legitimacy. 

But just to keep the conspiracies alive, most 33rd degree Scottish Rite Masons do not actually sit on the Scottish Rite Supreme Council.  That exclusive organization is clearly where the Bahometian plots for worldwide fish fry domination occur.

I wish we had more fish fries in Orthodoxy.  Wherever I've lived, "fish fries" only happened in Western Christian denominations during Great Lent, when we can't eat fish anyway.  What's more, M(asoni)cDonald's will sell two Filet-O-Fishes for three dollars all through Lent, so even if you wanted to settle for that, you can't. 

They are polluting our holy faith.       
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Actually, Mor's face shineth like the Sun.

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
  • Faith: Orthodox
« Reply #497 on: February 22, 2014, 06:28:22 PM »
I wish we had more fish fries in Orthodoxy.

Well, there's the Annunciation and Palm Sunday, where fish is well and truly permitted among the EO during Great Lent.  :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 06:28:47 PM by LBK »
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #498 on: February 22, 2014, 06:30:15 PM »
Fish is yummy. It's hard for me to resist. :)
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline Incognito777

• Elder
« Reply #499 on: February 23, 2014, 01:30:35 AM »
andrewlya,

Christians are absolutely forbidden to join masonry. Orthodoxy has anathematized Masonry. See the following articles. I don't agree with all the claims made on this website, but what it says about Masonry is true.

http://www.trueorthodoxy.org/non_christian_others_freemasonry_intro.shtml

With regard to the new world order, consider reading Cooper's book, "Behold a Pale Horse."

With regard to the Illuminati, read the material of by Cisco Wheeler and Fritz Springmeier.

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #500 on: February 23, 2014, 03:28:07 AM »
An unusual find?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 03:29:54 AM by rakovsky »
The ocean, impassable by men, and the world beyond it are directed by the same ordinances of the Master. ~ I Clement 20

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
« Reply #501 on: February 23, 2014, 05:43:52 AM »
Freemasonary has 3 degrees

Freemasonary york or scottish rite have 4-33 degrees.

These are not hierarchical degrees.,,these are lateral educational degrees.the highest degree is the 3rd degree. Get it?

York and Scottish Rites are Shriners (all of whom must be masons) but the Shrine is NOT part of Freemasonry - not corporately, legally. I don't think it even exists where Masonry was founded - England and France.
Such terms as "33 degree mason" are from those who don't know.
"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides

Offline peterchristian

• Faith: Greek Orthodox
« Reply #502 on: February 23, 2014, 06:06:05 AM »
“That old serpent, which is the devil, and Satan (Rev. 20:2) has poisoned and infected the hearts of men with many false doctrines, heresies, and sects, which he uses to seduce those whose faith is not solid, those who are not instructed in the knowledge of the mysteries of the Kingdom of God, turning them away from faith in God, in the Church of Christ...

“Freemasonry is a secret international organisation to struggle with God, Christianity, and all National Governments, and especially Christian Governments.''

''In the international organization the first place of influence and importance belongs to the Jewish membership.''

''Because of this, and other important reasons it is forbidden for all Orthodox Christians to become Freemasons.''

THE COUNCIL OF BISHOPS OF THE RUSSIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH OUTSIDE OF RUSSIA TO ALL THE FAITHFUL OF THE RUSSIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN DIASPORA

15/28 August 1932
"For God was made man that man might be made God."

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
« Reply #503 on: February 23, 2014, 06:18:37 AM »
I am not going to defend Freemasonry, neither am I going to get hysterical either in condemning them. Interesting that in 1932 with all that was happening in Russia, that ROCOR could fret over masons.
"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides

Offline peterchristian

« Reply #504 on: February 23, 2014, 07:01:38 AM »
I am not going to defend Freemasonry, neither am I going to get hysterical either in condemning them.

Are you implying the Church is hysterical in condemning freemasonry? The Church is wiser and for very good reason as we have seen.  We can't afford to trust ourselves on this as freemasonry is the forerunner to Antichrist and global governance.

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
« Reply #505 on: February 23, 2014, 11:25:13 AM »

Pyramid with all seeing eye. LOL.
The ocean, impassable by men, and the world beyond it are directed by the same ordinances of the Master. ~ I Clement 20

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #506 on: February 23, 2014, 01:11:32 PM »
I am not going to defend Freemasonry, neither am I going to get hysterical either in condemning them.

Are you implying the Church is hysterical in condemning freemasonry? The Church is wiser and for very good reason as we have seen.  We can't afford to trust ourselves on this as bad radio talk shows are the forerunner to Antichrist and global governance.

Fixed that for you.

Offline peterchristian

« Reply #507 on: February 23, 2014, 01:50:48 PM »

Are you implying the Church is hysterical in condemning freemasonry? The Church is wiser and for very good reason as we have seen.  We can't afford to trust ourselves on this as bad radio talk shows are the forerunner to Antichrist and global governance.

Fixed that for you.
Oh, I think you might have fixed that for you!

I prefer St. Irenaeus as one of my 'handymen.'  Perhaps you might want to look him up.  He's under holy Fathers.

'Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.' "by means of the events which shall occur in the time of the Antichrist it is shown that he, being an apostate and a robber, is anxious to be adored as God, and that although a mere slave, he wishes to be proclaimed as king. For he, being endued with all the power of the devil, shall not come as a righteous king nor as a legitimate king in subjection to God, but as an impious, unjust, and lawless one . . . setting aside idols to persuade [men] that he himself is God, raising himself up as the only idol. . . . Moreover [Paul] has also pointed out this which I have shown in many ways: that the temple in Jerusalem was made by the direction of the true God. For the apostle himself, speaking in his own person, distinctly called it the temple of God [2 Thess. 2:4] . . . in which the enemy shall sit, endeavoring to show himself as Christ. The adversary will sit in the temple of Jerusalem, in order to show himself as Christ, he will demand that those who are captivated by him should worship him as Christ. The Antichrist will demand worship as if he were God." (St. Irenaeus, Against Heresies 5:25:1-2 [A.D. 189]).

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #508 on: February 23, 2014, 02:33:41 PM »
I'm pretty sure the Freemasons didn't exist in his time. He never met one of them.

Online Cognomen

• Ungrateful Biped
  • Site Supporter
  • Archon
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Wanderer, but Antioch and All the East
« Reply #509 on: February 23, 2014, 02:43:15 PM »
I think the fact that Gerald Ford was the last Masonic (and Scottish Rite) U.S. President sums things up nicely.

So what you're saying is that Gerald Ford is still the President of the United States, and the others were Masonic Manchurians providing the appearance of transparent legitimacy.

I think behind all of the smoke and mirrors, it's pretty clear that Gerry Ford is still calling the shots.  Not only for the U.S., but for the Warsaw Pact too.  And maybe even Toys for Tots.  We really don't know.  When those of us who are diligent enough to remove the wool from over our eyes were closing in on the truth, they killed Borgnine--one of their own--as a sort of diversionary sacrifice.  Do you remember Michael Richards aka "Kramer" from Seinfeld?  Also a Mason.  And when he had that comedic tirade using inappropriate racial slurs, that was done to cause further distraction from the global Fordic conspiracy.

And yes, all of the peon masons are unwittingly preserving the conspiracy.  Like little worker bees, they toil away, gathering hermetic pollen, if you will, for the real rulers.  Do you honestly think there is any coincidence that Ahura Mazda and Gerald Ford have exactly the same letters, and that if you arrange them according to the date of October 13, 1307 (Friday the Thirteenth--the same day the Templars were arrested), only then will it demonstrate this?  

Sure, some would point to a relative decline in Masonry's influence, citing falling membership, less prestigious members (see above on Gerald Ford for the actual situation), and having abandoned most of their late 19th-early 20th century notable landmarks for modest and ugly buildings.  The latter may be true, but it was only done so to obfuscate the connection between masonry, i.e. stonemason guilds of the Medieval period, and current building competency.  As well, even a shoddy building with vinyl siding and shag carpet is capable of housing the secrets of the last indigenous Egyptian pharaohs, before the Hyksos ransacked.

And here we sit, in their clutches.

I wish we had more fish fries in Orthodoxy.  Wherever I've lived, "fish fries" only happened in Western Christian denominations during Great Lent, when we can't eat fish anyway.  What's more, M(asoni)cDonald's will sell two Filet-O-Fishes for three dollars all through Lent, so even if you wanted to settle for that, you can't.

That's the thing though.  You may see a fish fry as an innocuous event to gather a community and raise some money for the lodge.  But that's just the tip of the iceberg.  Depending on the regional locale, it could be BBQs, Shephard's pie (a term that didn't even emerge until the late 19th century), or bratwurst roasts.  What do those three things have in common?  For starters, none are Lenten, unless you count the fish fries and the time when fish can be eaten. Perhaps more revealing though, each have letters corresponding with the name Elias Ashmole (if you spell Barbecue out), the 17th century Freemason.  What was one of Ashmole's primary interests?  That's right, numismatics, the study and or collection of currency.  Furthermore, noted Freemason and American revolutionary Paul Revere was a silversmith by trade?  And what does the Bank of England, which is the same country that houses the Masonic Grand Lodge, use as its basis for currency?  You guessed it: sterling! Thirty pieces of silver ring a bell?  A "Liberty Bell" fashioned by Freemasons, perhaps?  Are you willing to view these as mere coincidences, or to accept the FACT that they (Elias Ashmole, Paul Revere, and now Gerald Ford) are tinkering with the international supply of money?  This money, in turn, is carefully funneled into Superbowl halftime shows by the noted Kabbalist Madonna.  What few know is that Madonna is rumored to be the progenitor of all forthcoming members of the Scottish Rite's Supreme Council, using mating rituals from ancient Isis mystery cults.  

So praise their fish fries if you wish, but know that they come with a price.  £666, to be precise.

They are polluting our holy faith.      

Does this call for a joint OC.net conciliar declaration of cyber-anathemazation?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 02:52:29 PM by Cognomen »
If anything I have posted has been illuminating, please remember that I merely reflect the light of others...but also it's me.

Offline peterchristian

« Reply #510 on: February 23, 2014, 02:55:57 PM »
I'm pretty sure the Freemasons didn't exist in his time. He never met one of them.
Ah yes, but here is proven the profound faith and wisdom of the holy Fathers.  They foresaw what then did not exist.  But it exists now in increasing power:

"Concerning the building of this temple, the Zohar teaches that Solomon's Temple was not built according to the original plans ... In a word, the Lord did not build the House, and they laboured in vain that built it ... There is a time, however, to come, when the Holy One shall remember His people, Israel, and the Lord shall build the House." [Author, Edward Waite, p. 486-7, "A New Encyclopedia of Freemasonry and of Cognate Instituted Mysteries: The Rites, Literature and History", Volume II,

"It is known to every reader of the Bible and student of Solomon's days, that an amazingly detailed description of the Temple and its associated structures has been carried down from the mists of antiquity by the Scriptures. Lineal measurements, materials employed, and ornamental detail are so graphically presented that restoration of the Temple, at any time within a score of centuries past, awaited only the coming of a man with the vision to recognize its historic value, and the imagination to undertake the task." [Foreword, "The Bible and King Solomon's Temple in Masonry", by John Wesley Kelchner, 1968, A. J. Holman Company.]

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #511 on: February 23, 2014, 02:59:13 PM »
Do you realize that by feeding your fears, you increase them?

Surely there are worse problems in the world than a bunch of old businessmen who have secret handshakes and other such silliness.

There is sin aplenty to worry about before you start believing any old conspiracy theory.

Offline peterchristian

« Reply #512 on: February 23, 2014, 03:16:40 PM »
Do you realize that by feeding your fears, you increase them?

Surely there are worse problems in the world than a bunch of old businessmen who have secret handshakes and other such silliness.

There is sin aplenty to worry about before you start believing any old conspiracy theory.
Unless you are unknowingly reflecting your own feelings, which might be more reasonable to conclude since it appears much of this is new to you, I would ask that you attempt to quote someone else beside yourself on this topic.  The Church consists of many members, with differing gifts, all functioning for the sanctification of the body of Christ.  Our Lord has taught on this subject as well as the Apostles, the holy Fathers and many Bishops in the Church, and so it is permissible to speak of these things for the benefit of the faithful.  This is one thread among a thousand covering a particular subject. 

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • You don't need global warming to drown in books.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #513 on: February 23, 2014, 03:20:06 PM »
The Church said: 'Freemasonry is incompatible with Orthodoxy. You can't be both Orthodox and a Freemason.' End of story. Looking around for clues that there are masonic forces at work, assuming that anything discovered is used with intent (never assume malice where ignorance will do), and panicking that contact with this or that symbol will contaminate you are... well, a waste of time. To put it mildly.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline peterchristian

« Reply #514 on: February 23, 2014, 04:51:09 PM »
Looking around for clues that there are masonic forces at work, assuming that anything discovered is used with intent (never assume malice where ignorance will do), and panicking that contact with this or that symbol will contaminate you are... well, a waste of time. To put it mildly.
Agreed.  But I will need to add that we do not need to go looking around for masonic (luciferian) forces, they are increasingly coming to us and this is in accord with the teaching of the Fathers and the Church.  But I for my part am not panicking or speaking of contamination or radiation and the like.  This is your personal assessment of the discussion being projected here.   We are discussing an issue related to the teachings of Christ and His Church.  Unless you are suggesting we shut down this thread, the subject is pertinent to our faith, otherwise our Lord and His Church would not have been teaching on it.  They are better able to judge what is appropriate.

The Church said: 'Freemasonry is incompatible with Orthodoxy. You can't be both Orthodox and a Freemason.' End of story.
Yes, the evidence is clear and there should be no doubt to the doubter that freemasonry is condemned by the Church.  The Church also explains her reasons for doing so.  We are not created robots to believe the Church blindly nor is it ever her intention to do so.  We are endowed with a free will and a mind which should be persuaded, as the mind will carry the heart.  I trust you will believe me when I say my intentions here have been to help in this regard out of love for the people of God and not out of some inappropriate infatuation on this subject.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:54:03 PM by peterchristian »

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
« Reply #515 on: February 23, 2014, 05:55:11 PM »

Are you implying the Church is hysterical in condemning freemasonry? The Church is wiser and for very good reason as we have seen.  We can't afford to trust ourselves on this as freemasonry is the forerunner to Antichrist and global governance.

Apparently you do not read well. Your answer is in my reply to which you responded. Other than that, you're just putting words in my mouth. Stop it.

Offline peterchristian

« Reply #516 on: February 24, 2014, 07:04:42 AM »

Are you implying the Church is hysterical in condemning freemasonry? The Church is wiser and for very good reason as we have seen.  We can't afford to trust ourselves on this as freemasonry is the forerunner to Antichrist and global governance.

Apparently you do not read well.

Only God can truly read our thoughts and intentions.  I can only respond to what you have written.  If I've misunderstood I apologize.  Could you please clarify? -  Are those who condemn freemasonry hysterical?

« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 07:09:49 AM by peterchristian »

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
« Reply #517 on: February 24, 2014, 07:59:21 AM »

Are you implying the Church is hysterical in condemning freemasonry? The Church is wiser and for very good reason as we have seen.  We can't afford to trust ourselves on this as freemasonry is the forerunner to Antichrist and global governance.

Only God can truly read our thoughts and intentions.  I can only respond to what you have written.  If I've misunderstood I apologize.  Could you please clarify? -  Are those who condemn freemasonry hysterical?

Not at the time that such condemnation was made, and for the reasons given AT THE TIME.

Offline peterchristian

« Reply #518 on: February 24, 2014, 08:30:07 AM »

Not at the time that such condemnation was made, and for the reasons given AT THE TIME.
Alright then.  Are you saying that the statement of Archbishop Kyprianos of Cyprus is not applicable today?  What part of his statement does not apply today according to you.  I have some more for you after you reply.  Thanks.

“Wherefore, clad in the sacred vestments of epitrachelion and omophorion we say, If any man preach unto you any other gospel than that which we have preached unto you, even though an angel from heaven, let him be accursed.” (Gal. 1,8,9) As many as are befitting, that pursue after such a diabolic and lawless employment of Freemasonry, and all they that follow unto their infatuation and unto their error, let them be excommunicated and accursed by the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.''
Cyprianus, Archbishop of Cyprus, February 2nd, 1815

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
« Reply #519 on: February 24, 2014, 08:38:09 AM »
First, he is not my bishop.
Second, he addresses his problems in his see. Perhaps there are some "faithful" there who actually take Freemasonry as a religion. Not my problem. Apparently it is yours.

Offline peterchristian

« Reply #520 on: February 24, 2014, 09:13:33 AM »
Perhaps there are some "faithful" there who actually take Freemasonry as a religion.

Your ideas.  Orthodoxy (and not just your Bishop) states Freemasonry is a religion - a false religion and it says much more...

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
« Reply #521 on: February 24, 2014, 09:19:38 AM »
Knock yourself out reading ALL the canons we ignore or do not apply while you're cherry-picking which ones you think make you "Orthodox". I've got better things to do.

Offline podkarpatska

• Merarches
  • Pokrov
    • ACROD (home)
« Reply #522 on: February 24, 2014, 09:35:29 AM »
Knock yourself out reading ALL the canons we ignore or do not apply while you're cherry-picking which ones you think make you "Orthodox". I've got better things to do.

“A superficial knowledge of the canons is dangerous and can lead either to their rejection or to a legalistic interpretation of spiritual life.”—Dr. Lewis Patsavos, Professor Emeritus of Canon Law at Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
« Reply #523 on: February 24, 2014, 09:37:29 AM »

“A superficial knowledge of the canons is dangerous and can lead either to their rejection or to a legalistic interpretation of spiritual life.”—Dr. Lewis Patsavos, Professor Emeritus of Canon Law at Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology

Exactly appropriate.

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
« Reply #524 on: February 24, 2014, 10:36:47 AM »
Second, he addresses his problems in his see. Perhaps there are some "faithful" there who actually take Freemasonry as a religion. Not my problem. Apparently it is yours.
Not sure why you feel a need to defend it on religious grounds. It has religious beliefs that contradict Orthodoxy. And as a general rule, this is something that Orthodoxy discourages.

If you want to say it has a political right like other religious and organizations, go ahead.
If you want to say that its influence is not as great as some people think, you can do that as well, since there is a range of possible influence, and some people would overestimate it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 10:42:08 AM by rakovsky »

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #525 on: February 24, 2014, 11:09:43 AM »
I refuse to be terrified by guys who look like this ...

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/Aleister_Crowley_1310.jpg
I'm sure "the truth is out there" -- but I'll bet $1 that it's got nothing to do with guys in funny hats running naked around a Bohemian Grove. When evil comes knocking at our door, he won't be wearing an apron and have a copy of Morals & Dogmas in his hand. He'll look and sound a lot like we do.

These are the moments I just have to point stuff out.  While Rambam is making a point about Crowley, I'm curious if he even knows what the Bohemian grove is, or who attends it.

It's one thing to laugh at dumb satanists (luciferian freemasons) in the woods holding night rituals to horned owl Gods... But it is rather more disturbing to know that the ones performing in the rituals hold the key codes for the nukes.

Yeah, frankly it concerns me when we have somebody like Bush at this club, and also being in the masonic frat skull and bones, he is the commander in chief with nuke codes.   I don't think many people know that Bush Sr. was also in Skull & Bones and was a CIA director.   I don't think many others know that Prescott Bush (grandpa) was in Skull & Bones and was a banker for Hitler.

Yes, we have a problem folks.  If it was red fez dudes carting around in small towns, (even though the fez     represents an Islamic Sword on the hat, which was originally white until Mulsims raided the town of Fez and dipped their "fez" in the blood of Christians) we would not be talking.  It's an entirely other thing when you have groups of world leaders, bankers, and commanders of the military worshiping and holding ceremonies to pagan "Gods".

I wouldn't let those who go to the Bohemian Grove watch one of my animals, much less hold the key codes to the nukes.

Gah, you do know that Skull and Bones is a stupid college fraternity, right?  It just so happens to be at an Ivy League school and its brethren are all rich and politically connected.  This is not because of the fraternity, but from family connections.

Yes and back in the elections when it was George Bush vs. John Kerry, both were Skull and Bones members.  So basically out of 300,000,000++ Americans the two candidates for our presidency came from a group of 600 living members.
Oh, wow.  Two white guys that went to a politically connected school and both coming from rich, politically connected families.  Schocker.  The majority of American citizens don't qualify to be President, e.g. age requirement and being a natural-born citizen.

So, yeah, try again.

And, yes, it is another fraternity.  It just happens to be filled with guys from old, rich families.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline podkarpatska

• Merarches
  • Pokrov
    • ACROD (home)
« Reply #526 on: February 24, 2014, 11:17:34 AM »
^Indeed, the satanic fraternity rituals imposed on socially mobile, American post-adolescent males are displayed in gory, luciferian detail in the documentary movie classic, "Animal House", where the noted American Orthodox actor, the late John Belushi portrayed the diabolical madness of fraternity initiation as a public service to the youth of the future.

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #527 on: February 24, 2014, 11:20:44 AM »
^Indeed, the satanic fraternity rituals imposed on socially mobile, American post-adolescent males are displayed in gory, luciferian detail in the documentary movie classic, "Animal House", where the noted American Orthodox actor, the late John Belushi portrayed the diabolical madness of fraternity initiation as a public service to the youth of the future.

People never believed me when I said that it was a documentary. :D
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
« Reply #528 on: February 24, 2014, 12:17:53 PM »
Not sure why you feel a need to defend it on religious grounds. It has religious beliefs that contradict Orthodoxy. And as a general rule, this is something that Orthodoxy discourages.

If you want to say it has a political right like other religious and organizations, go ahead.

Reading comprehension must be in the dumper lately. Again, I am not defending Freemasonry. Maybe common sense, but then that might not be as common as I thought.

If you want to say that its influence is not as great as some people think, you can do that as well, since there is a range of possible influence, and some people would overestimate it.

No need, thanks.

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
« Reply #529 on: February 24, 2014, 12:26:22 PM »
Perhaps there are some "faithful" there who actually take Freemasonry as a religion. Not my problem. Apparently it is yours.
Not sure why you feel a need to defend it on religious grounds. It has religious beliefs that contradict Orthodoxy.

Reading comprehension must be in the dumper lately. Again, I am not defending Freemasonry.
Can we avoid negative remarks about comprehension? You wrote that apparently it is a problem for someone that others actually take it as a religion. I read this to mean you did not think people should have a problem with it being a religion and that it isn't one.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 12:27:53 PM by rakovsky »

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
« Reply #530 on: February 24, 2014, 12:56:35 PM »
Perhaps there are some "faithful" there who actually take Freemasonry as a religion. Not my problem. Apparently it is yours.
Not sure why you feel a need to defend it on religious grounds. It has religious beliefs that contradict Orthodoxy.

Reading comprehension must be in the dumper lately. Again, I am not defending Freemasonry.
Can we avoid negative remarks about comprehension? You wrote that apparently it is a problem for someone that others actually take it as a religion. I read this to mean you did not think people should have a problem with it being a religion and that it isn't one.

In which case you misread my meaning. Hence, comprehension is apparently an issue.

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
« Reply #531 on: February 24, 2014, 01:28:04 PM »
I read this to mean you did not think people should have a problem with it being a religion and that it isn't one.
In which case you misread my meaning. Hence, comprehension is apparently an issue.
Your statement at least left open the possibility that you were saying he should not have a problem with Orthodox "faithful" accepting masonry as a religion.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 01:28:45 PM by rakovsky »

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
« Reply #532 on: February 24, 2014, 01:58:11 PM »
I read this to mean you did not think people should have a problem with it being a religion and that it isn't one.
Your statement at least left open the possibility that you were saying he should not have a problem with Orthodox "faithful" accepting masonry as a religion.

If so you, again, misread it. Can't help you there, pal.

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
« Reply #533 on: February 24, 2014, 02:05:21 PM »

OK. You win. You know what you meant better than I do.

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
« Reply #534 on: February 24, 2014, 02:30:36 PM »

OK. You win. You know what you meant better than I do.

Don't worry. I am not trying to "win".  :)

Offline peterchristian

Freemasonry/Illuminism a global super religion
« Reply #535 on: February 24, 2014, 05:03:35 PM »
“It is true that it may seem at first that Freemasonry can be reconciled with every other religion, because it is not interested directly in the religion to which its initiates belong. This is, however, explained by its syncretistic character and proves that in this point also it is an offspring and a continuation of ancient idolatrous mysteries which accepted for initiation worshippers of all gods. But as the mystery religions, in spite of the apparent spirit of tolerance and acceptance of foreign gods, lead to a syncretism which undermined and gradually shook confidence in other religions, thus Freemasonry today, which seeks to embrace in itself gradually all mankind and which promises to give moral perfection and knowledge of truth, is lifting itself to the position of a kind of super-religion, looking on all religions (without excepting Christianity) as inferior to itself.'' Official Statement, Church of Greece
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 05:04:40 PM by peterchristian »

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
« Reply #536 on: February 24, 2014, 05:34:50 PM »
The first statement in the oath on the first degree on Freemasonry affirms that NO promise is made to challenge or deny one's religion. Of course, only those who know, know. Those who don't fret.

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
« Reply #537 on: February 24, 2014, 05:44:41 PM »
The first statement in the oath on the first degree on Freemasonry affirms that NO promise is made to challenge or deny one's religion. Of course, only those who know, know. Those who don't fret.
What's Jebulon mean?

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
Re: Freemasonry/Illuminism a global super religion
« Reply #538 on: February 24, 2014, 06:07:58 PM »
“It is true that it may seem at first that Freemasonry can be reconciled with every other religion, because it is not interested directly in the religion to which its initiates belong. This is, however, explained by its syncretistic character and proves that in this point also it is an offspring and a continuation of ancient idolatrous mysteries which accepted for initiation worshippers of all gods. But as the mystery religions, in spite of the apparent spirit of tolerance and acceptance of foreign gods, lead to a syncretism which undermined and gradually shook confidence in other religions, thus Freemasonry today, which seeks to embrace in itself gradually all mankind and which promises to give moral perfection and knowledge of truth, is lifting itself to the position of a kind of super-religion, looking on all religions (without excepting Christianity) as inferior to itself.'' Official Statement, Church of Greece

Is there a link for this?

Offline peterchristian

Re: Freemasonry/Illuminism a global super religion
« Reply #539 on: February 25, 2014, 05:52:17 AM »

Is there a link for this?

http://orthodoxinfo.com/ecumenism/masonry.aspx