Author Topic: Illuminati & Freemasons  (Read 95718 times)

Offline podkarpatska

• Merarches
  • Pokrov
    • ACROD (home)
Re: Illuminati & Freemasons
« Reply #360 on: February 15, 2014, 09:20:29 AM »
Regarding peterchristian' s  post,  more toilets are flushed in one twenty minute period in America during the Super Bowl halftime show than any other time of the year. It is said there are even lines at the stadiums many mens rooms.

Bread and circuses are as old as the hills. The Church will prevail.

Similar statistics have been recorded during intervals of other major sporting fixtures such as the World Cup finals, the FA Cup finals, UEFA Cup, etc.  :)

At least in non American football, they don't torture people with uber tacky pop culture shows during intermissions. 

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
  • Faith: Orthodox
« Reply #361 on: February 15, 2014, 09:25:15 AM »
Regarding peterchristian' s  post,  more toilets are flushed in one twenty minute period in America during the Super Bowl halftime show than any other time of the year. It is said there are even lines at the stadiums many mens rooms.

Similar statistics have been recorded during intervals of other major sporting fixtures such as the World Cup finals, the FA Cup finals, UEFA Cup, etc.  :)

At least in non American football, they don't torture people with uber tacky pop culture shows during intermissions. 

Well spotted. But the Europeans make up for it once a year with the kitsch-o-rama binge of the Eurovision Song Contest, in recent years spread out over three viewing nights of about three hours apiece.  :P :o :laugh:
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Offline podkarpatska

• Merarches
  • Pokrov
    • ACROD (home)
« Reply #362 on: February 15, 2014, 10:35:56 AM »

Well spotted. But the Europeans make up for it once a year with the kitsch-o-rama binge of the Eurovision Song Contest, in recent years spread out over three viewing nights of about three hours apiece.  :P :o :laugh:

We have dreadful amateur singing contests hosted by over the hill pop singers probably every week of the year on two or three nights a week on the television networks. They should deport that Simon Cowell chap for inflicting us with the same.

Online Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #363 on: February 15, 2014, 11:00:27 AM »
We have dreadful amateur singing contests hosted by over the hill pop singers probably every week of the year on two or three nights a week on the television networks. They should deport that Simon Cowell chap for inflicting us with the same.

Seriously.  And some people complain about waterboarding.
Please don't project meta-debates onto me.

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Online Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • November is short. Type fast.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #364 on: February 15, 2014, 12:56:46 PM »
Well spotted. But the Europeans make up for it once a year with the kitsch-o-rama binge of the Eurovision Song Contest, in recent years spread out over three viewing nights of about three hours apiece.  :P :o :laugh:

We needs our fix, precioussssss! (Plus, the best shows don't even make it to the final. Slovene cages and gimp masks, anyone?) ;)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 12:57:25 PM by Arachne »
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline peterchristian

• Faith: Greek Orthodox
« Reply #365 on: February 15, 2014, 02:08:04 PM »
You guys are hilarious! Very funny stuff. Here's some more comedy from the Illuminist London Olympics Closing Ceremony 2012, the most watched event in television history according to Nielson (viewed worldwide by approximately one billion people on their toilets):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry6jLq6UkUk

"For God was made man that man might be made God."

Offline peterchristian

Images from Illuminist Olympic ceremony (not too funny)
« Reply #366 on: February 15, 2014, 04:49:23 PM »

Offline peterchristian

'he shall honor the god of forces' Daniel 11:38
« Reply #367 on: February 15, 2014, 06:38:10 PM »

London Olympics

Masonic Lodge

And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. Revelation 13:8

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #368 on: February 15, 2014, 06:50:53 PM »

Yeah, non-American football is cool with all the riots and refs getting beheaded.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #369 on: February 15, 2014, 11:04:45 PM »
Yeah, people think this is conspiracy stuff and the Freemasons are nothing, but the whole thing is complicated. I just found out my uncle (or former uncle since there was a divorce and he is not related by blood) is a 32nd degree Freemason. Which makes sense. I don't even know him really and he may be a great guy who just got too far in. There is a good video from EWTN about a former 32 degree Freemason who explains how most enter for the fraternity and business relations, not the occult.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubgosRfMEOY

It makes sense because the uncle is the county coroner and has been for years, runs two of big funeral homes in the community, and all that. It does help you gain political and community influence. It made me realize how likely it is that many on the city council are likely high ranking Freemasons. The thing is that the Freemasons/Illuminati play on the good will of people, like the guy in the video I linked. Most do not say, "I am going to be a Freemason so I can gain power! Muwahahahahahahaha!" They are invited in and join for what they see as innocent reasons, putting aside any objections the conscious makes. The further you get in and the more influence you might have in the community, like with the local politicians like my uncle or perhaps members of our city council, the harder it is to leave. To really get office sometimes you have to be a Freemason. It gives you the connections. But it is occult and there are problems with that. You swear oaths and you turn away from the Christian religion towards a false deity.

I also know a friend who told me he is a Freemason but he seems genuinely convinced it is harmless. I told him Catholics cannot join and my views on the matter, remaining civil and reserved, but making clear I did not approve of the Masons. He told me Catholics can join and that it's just a fraternity. And I think he genuinely believes that. He's a really good natured guy and it amazed me when he told me he was a Mason. He's a local businessman, too, so I guess it makes sense. He's Episcopalian with an attraction to Roman Catholicism, a neo-con but a good guy. When I learned the uncle was a 32 degree Mason it did not surprise me. But when this friend told me he was a Mason I was surprised. My guess is he is below the third degree because he seems to genuinely believe it's nothing more than a fraternal club.

Anyone else know friends or family that are Masons? It sort of hits you when family is, especially the father of a cousin I sort of have, let's say, affections for. I can't explain it but it sort of deepens my familial affections for her. Of course I'm not going to tell her this but to me it proves the affections of family go deep. He's not my blood, but she is. And more than that I have mild romantic affections for her, though I keep them in my own heart to avoid scandal or just creeping her out. My hope is that she keeps her innocence. Her desire to enter into her father's business seems virtuous--to comfort the mourning and to continue the family name. I remember being told when she had to visit the crime scene of a policeman who was murdered it hit her very hard to see the murdered body. I guess it convinces me of her innocence and good nature. And one has to wonder if her father will try to get her involved in one of the female Masonic clubs. Forgive me if this sounds a bit dramatic, but I guess I have this idea that danger to a member of the family is danger to yourself. I have this idea of chivalry and duty to women and kin. I suppose my duty is in prudence to remain silence, but in my heart to pray.

The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.
                                                             -Aristotle

Mor Ephrem, section moderator[/b][/color]

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #370 on: February 16, 2014, 12:13:27 AM »
How many times have you seen a murdered body person?  If it was the first and only time, then it's understandable.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #371 on: February 16, 2014, 12:36:45 AM »
How many times have you seen a murdered body person?  If it was the first and only time, then it's understandable.

I doubt it will be the only time. She's going to mortuary school and her father is the coroner. I doubt I would be effected, knowing what I was going to see. Perhaps saddened. Anyway, sorry about getting into the digression about the cousin. Point is Freemasonry is effective in controlling things. "Conspiracies" are complicated. Plenty of useful idiots, then come the puppets like Obama, then the really malicious people that can't be said to have a good heart.
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline username!

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #372 on: February 16, 2014, 01:27:54 AM »
There are only three degrees in the Free masonary.  The rest are parallel degrees. So a 32nd degree is not higher than a 3rd degree mason. It simply means one has obtained the 32nd degree in the Scottish Rite.

Offline username!

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #373 on: February 16, 2014, 01:29:23 AM »
There are only three degrees in the Free masonary.  The rest are parallel degrees. So a 32nd degree is not higher than a 3rd degree mason. It simply means one has obtained the 32nd degree in the Scottish Rite.

This is all public knowledge and the internet and any mason will tell you this. Really it's a fraternity that's all.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #374 on: February 16, 2014, 01:37:38 AM »

I doubt it will be the only time. She's going to mortuary school and her father is the coroner. I doubt I would be effected, knowing what I was going to see. Perhaps saddened. Anyway, sorry about getting into the digression about the cousin. Point is Freemasonry is effective in controlling things. "Conspiracies" are complicated. Plenty of useful idiots, then come the puppets like Obama, then the really malicious people that can't be said to have a good heart.

I was an EMT and saw my share of dead people; mostly due to accidents, but some because of bad health.  I lived in an apartment complex in a bad area and the man that lived below me was murdered during a botched burglary.  Even after seeing dozens of bodies, seeing someone that didn't have to die will move you.  I saw his body lying in his doorway and nothing could be done for him.  Very sad.  He was a good man and a good father.

I went to college in a small town.  All the men in city council were in the local lodge.  It's just a way for business to get done (legal/illegal, doesn't matter) to get done in places like that.  Your last sentence is brushing close to politics.   :police:
There are only three degrees in the Free masonary.  The rest are parallel degrees. So a 32nd degree is not higher than a 3rd degree mason. It simply means one has obtained the 32nd degree in the Scottish Rite.

This.  All too common misunderstanding.

Offline Rhinosaur

• Homo Vivius
  • High Elder
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodoxy
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #375 on: February 16, 2014, 02:23:02 AM »
Image removed due to controversial racial epithet.  I know this was well intentioned, but since the use of the "N" word is controversial, even in a joke, I feel it is important we should be careful not to use the epithet, so I will apply the profanity rule here.

God bless.

Mina

Feb. 16, 2014
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:02:30 AM by minasoliman »

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #376 on: February 16, 2014, 06:35:54 PM »
IMAGE REMOVED...Mina

Ha! I knew conspiracy theorists were all racist. Racist! Racist! Racist!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:03:15 AM by minasoliman »
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline username!

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #377 on: February 16, 2014, 11:29:33 PM »

I was an EMT and saw my share of dead people; mostly due to accidents, but some because of bad health.  I lived in an apartment complex in a bad area and the man that lived below me was murdered during a botched burglary.  Even after seeing dozens of bodies, seeing someone that didn't have to die will move you.  I saw his body lying in his doorway and nothing could be done for him.  Very sad.  He was a good man and a good father.

I went to college in a small town.  All the men in city council were in the local lodge.  It's just a way for business to get done (legal/illegal, doesn't matter) to get done in places like that.  Your last sentence is brushing close to politics.   :police:
There are only three degrees in the Free masonary.  The rest are parallel degrees. So a 32nd degree is not higher than a 3rd degree mason. It simply means one has obtained the 32nd degree in the Scottish Rite.

This.  All too common misunderstanding.

How so, when a now deceased 33rd degree Mason told me this, I think I'd believe him.

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #378 on: February 16, 2014, 11:42:49 PM »
From what I understand what you say may be true in a way. Freemasonry is a Gnostic religion in which the person advances by degrees to the light of knowledge, the Luciferian Doctrine. I think you are becoming more and more enlightened if you will with the true doctrine of light, eclipsed and perverted by the various religions of the world. A Mason is one who moves towards this doctrine of light, the God of Light (Lucifer) vs the God of Darkness (the one God of Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc.). Lucifer used the fruit, they would say, to enlighten ignorant man, whom God wished to keep in darkness, which the false Christian priests still do by their idea of the Fall. Even the story of Prometheus giving man knowledge/fire against the will of Zeus mainfests the true knowledge through symbols, which the Mason, by advancing, seeks to uncover and learn. The degrees may even have a certain false semblance to them, but there are really 32 degrees and the lowest three degrees are a means of separating the worthy from the unworthy and the highest three lead to the enlightened, which is the Illuminati. I am not very read on this, but that is what I get form what I have read. Many are kept in the dark, even high ranking Masons, and symbolism is purposely used to cover up the real purposes of the Illuminati, playing on man's natural ambitions to know and be favoured.
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline username!

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #379 on: February 16, 2014, 11:42:59 PM »
The let down to conspiracy theorists is there is no conspiracy. The local masons raise money for their charities. I have many masonic acquaintances. None are evil, occult pagans who have hidden agendas. I would bet passwords and degrees rituals are about the most secrets they have. No more than say Catholic fraternities I belonged to had passwords, secret handshakes and secret degree ceremonies. The most dissapointing thing is there are no conspiracy theories.

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #380 on: February 16, 2014, 11:51:07 PM »
The let down to conspiracy theorists is there is no conspiracy. The local masons raise money for their charities. I have many masonic acquaintances. None are evil, occult pagans who have hidden agendas. I would bet passwords and degrees rituals are about the most secrets they have. No more than say Catholic fraternities I belonged to had passwords, secret handshakes and secret degree ceremonies. The most dissapointing thing is there are no conspiracy theories.

Yes, they have an idea of charity. Liberty, fraternity, equality, the evil spoken by the French Revolution to justify its Reign of Terror, began under the idea of doing fraternal good for man. The idea of brotherhood, not Christian brotherhood, but a naturalistic brotherhood. But the Freemasons in all their symbols and secret rituals are moving towards come occult or secret (Gnostic) knowledge and power for the elect. But yes, your friends and so forth likely are doing it with more or less good intentions, not occult intentions. But all the oaths and rituals have a demonic root and there is a desire for the Illuminati to take over the world. In fact the idea is that not one person is in charge like some evil mastermind, but there is a mix of Illuminati, the puppets like may politicians who have evil hearts and act out of their own ambition, and then the followers, who are the useful idiot.  Thus there is an idea of a New World Order and many politicians are acting on a mix of ambition, some with better will and some with personal evil ambition. And then the ones within the first couple degrees who are just useful idiots. Some of these idiots are seen as intelligent enough to advance up the the degrees, and only those deemed worthy through the system reach the degree of the Illuminati. Someone correct me if I am misinforming, either saying I am completely off or correcting my errors.
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline username!

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #381 on: February 16, 2014, 11:53:56 PM »
Um any master mason can pay the money and get his 32nd. The 33rd is an honorary degree you get by invite. There is no illuminati. And even the 33rd is not higher than the 3rd. They are parallel not vertical in nature. I can tell you I don't get my info from the internet. But at the same time I'm not breaking any trust. None of what I wrote is a secret. Everything I've read online is contrary to the truth. It's just a fraternity.  Sure they have their rituals but I doubt they are satanic. Everyone that left usually is disgruntled and most likely full of it when they write their anti Masonic web pages. I doubt my friends are satan Gnostics. They sell food to give to charity.

Offline username!

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #382 on: February 16, 2014, 11:58:29 PM »
You could apply to the blue lodge, if accepted, get your 3rd degree. Then you could get your 32nd in the Scottish or York rite. You don't have to be deemed worthy or.be lucky. Usually someone invited to the 33rd is one who after years of extraordinary service gets the degree. They aren't illuminati. That's all conspiracy.

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #383 on: February 17, 2014, 12:04:11 AM »
Is the nature of the conspiracy of the Illuminati in its nature simplistic or complex? I think the latter. That's why it seems on the one hand so silly these theories and on the other hand so obvious that there is something called a New World Order, which may be a term for a lack of better one.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:04:52 AM by wainscottbl »
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #384 on: February 17, 2014, 12:11:07 AM »
Roman Catholicism has been much more condemning of the Freemasons. I am not sure about the Eastern Orthodox Church, or the Self-Governed Churches independently. I think it is much more a threat from the Latin West, not because the Vatican is some evil power hungry entity that feels threatened but because whatever errors there may be for the Petrine Doctrine of the Vatican, there is a threat to Christianity from Freemasonry. A threat to Christendom because its doctrines are anti-Christian and heretical. They are anathema to any Christian.
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline Rambam

• High Elder
  • Send lawyers, guns, and money
« Reply #385 on: February 17, 2014, 12:44:10 AM »
I just love the idea that the people in the "first couple of degrees" are "useful idiots" -- and people who are completely on the outside have the whole truth.

Rock on, I love this stuff.

Perhaps you could tell us some specifics, Wainscottbl? At what degree, exactly, do people become informed of the true meaning of Masonry?

Yes, they have an idea of charity. Liberty, fraternity, equality, the evil spoken by the French Revolution to justify its Reign of Terror, began under the idea of doing fraternal good for man. The idea of brotherhood, not Christian brotherhood, but a naturalistic brotherhood. But the Freemasons in all their symbols and secret rituals are moving towards come occult or secret (Gnostic) knowledge and power for the elect. But yes, your friends and so forth likely are doing it with more or less good intentions, not occult intentions. But all the oaths and rituals have a demonic root and there is a desire for the Illuminati to take over the world. In fact the idea is that not one person is in charge like some evil mastermind, but there is a mix of Illuminati, the puppets like may politicians who have evil hearts and act out of their own ambition, and then the followers, who are the useful idiot.  Thus there is an idea of a New World Order and many politicians are acting on a mix of ambition, some with better will and some with personal evil ambition. And then the ones within the first couple degrees who are just useful idiots. Some of these idiots are seen as intelligent enough to advance up the the degrees, and only those deemed worthy through the system reach the degree of the Illuminati. Someone correct me if I am misinforming, either saying I am completely off or correcting my errors.

Offline username!

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #386 on: February 17, 2014, 01:20:06 AM »
You learn through the three degrees what a freemason is. Once again, talk to a mason, they can talk about this type if stuff, it's not a secret. I don't get my info online. I get mine from the source not the internet. All third degree masons are full members. The 32nd degrees do not reveal any more if the point of masonary more than the core 3 degrees.  
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 01:20:32 AM by username! »

Offline username!

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #387 on: February 17, 2014, 01:25:24 AM »
Just ask a mason, they can tell you a lot without revealing secrets, which are the passwords and degree ceremonies. No fraternity will discuss degree rituals. I was knights vof Columbus and ancient order of Hibernians, both Catholic fraternal groups. I will not to this day tell you handshakes, passwords to enter meetings or degree ceremony details even though I'm not under Rome anymore.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 01:26:07 AM by username! »

Offline Rambam

• High Elder
  • Send lawyers, guns, and money
« Reply #388 on: February 17, 2014, 02:11:27 AM »
I'm just asking the fellow who's talking conspiracy theory about when the "Satan" part of Masonry kicks in. Like you, I've got a bit of 'personal' experience -- I was an A-card lecturer in the Blue Lodge, worked on several Scottish Rite degree teams, and had the whole dang York Rite ritual memorized. And Satan was lurking in none of it.

But maybe I'm a useful idiot -- and so I thought I'd ask Wainscottbl where, exactly, the stuff about Satan and world domination is, since he knows so much about it.

Just ask a mason, they can tell you a lot without revealing secrets, which are the passwords and degree ceremonies. No fraternity will discuss degree rituals. I was knights vof Columbus and ancient order of Hibernians, both Catholic fraternal groups. I will not to this day tell you handshakes, passwords to enter meetings or degree ceremony details even though I'm not under Rome anymore.

Offline peterchristian

« Reply #389 on: February 17, 2014, 04:58:54 AM »
We are all sinful human beings so it isn't unusual to attempt to defend our misdeeds or perhaps unwittingly be in denial.  The holy Church knows what is good and right for her children. Associating in any degree of masonry is forbidden according to the official position of the Orthodox Church, and for good reason as we have seen.  Orthodoxy and masonry are incompatible.  Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them. Ephesians 5:11.  What fellowship has light with darkness? II Cor 6:14.

The greatest conspiracy in history is recorded in Scripture - the Jews conspiring to crucify our Lord.  Illuminist forces of darkness conspire in secret that is why they are called secret societies and in Greece commonly assigned the epithet 'the devil's house.'  The Orthodox Church has officially declared freemasonry a secretive idolatrous mystery religion.  See here the official declaration:  http://orthodoxinfo.com/ecumenism/masonry.aspx

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #390 on: February 18, 2014, 07:16:10 AM »
The Church has declared Freemasonry incompatible with Orthodoxy, and that's good enough for me. Beyond that, scrutinising everything for signs and portents is a recipe for madness (and a way we are officially warned not to take). There were triangles long before there were Freemasons, and nobody will catch Illuminism by standing under those light rigs or visiting the Louvre. Otherwise, we should be pulling our kids out of geometry class to make sure they never get tainted by touching a pair of compasses. ::)
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #391 on: February 18, 2014, 07:21:42 AM »
The Church has declared Freemasonry incompatible with Orthodoxy, and that's good enough for me. Beyond that, scrutinising everything for signs and portents is a recipe for madness (and a way we are officially warned not to take). There were triangles long before there were Freemasons, and nobody will catch Illuminism by standing under those light rigs or visiting the Louvre. Otherwise, we should be pulling our kids out of geometry class to make sure they never get tainted by touching a pair of compasses. ::)

A perfect answer. Be that some here have the sense to accept it.

Offline IoanC

• Archon
« Reply #392 on: February 18, 2014, 07:43:39 AM »
I think I'd rather keep quiet about Illuminati& Freemasons. I just learned that atheists represent 2.01% of the world. Scary! The worse problem is not minorities who do bad, but majorities who don't do good (perhaps always whine, too). So, I am not going to bother about a relatively small group of people who meet in secret and have the most anachronistic and distasteful rituals/meetings. It is a bit problematic how that would impact the world though.

Offline podkarpatska

• Merarches
  • Pokrov
    • ACROD (home)
« Reply #393 on: February 18, 2014, 08:17:32 AM »

A perfect answer. Be that some here have the sense to accept it.

+1
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 08:17:46 AM by podkarpatska »

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #394 on: February 18, 2014, 08:55:27 AM »

Solid and sensible. Thank you.
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline peterchristian

« Reply #395 on: February 18, 2014, 09:02:26 AM »
The Church has declared Freemasonry incompatible with Orthodoxy, and that's good enough for me. Beyond that, scrutinising everything for signs and portents is a recipe for madness (and a way we are officially warned not to take).

Yes of course agreed we are not to scrutinise everything here and there and everywhere.  You are misleading and using a straw man argument here.  I am referring to illuminist phenomena at particular events.  We are not to dabble in the occult nor are we to seek after it.  This is why the Church forbids our participating in masonry and the like. 

We are discussing something different.  In this case, the occult is being thrust upon us all on an unprecedented scale.  We are speaking of the global projection of luciferianism using a mass stage like the Olympics and Super Bowl.  We tune in to enjoy a global sporting event for example and are given an extravaganza of luciferian ritual. Technology is being used to the fullest degree possible to further the aims of evil. 

This phenomenon is bound to continue and increase as luciferian illuminism is emboldened by the slumbering masses.  For those of us who can see it, it is setting the stage for the appearing of Antichrist.  Orthodoxy has its eschatology and it is a legitimate study in our tradition.  What I present here is nothing new or innovative.  Orthodox theologians have been teaching it for many years.  We need to draw nearer to Christ and prepare ourselves for the worst.  For Greek speakers here is a series of informative lectures by respected Greek Orthodox theologian Nikolaos Sotiropoulos:

O ΑΝΤΙΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ (The Antichrist) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT0aBbUFIJU

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #396 on: February 18, 2014, 09:05:43 AM »
We are discussing something different.  In this case, the occult is being thrust upon us all on an unprecedented scale.  We are speaking of the global projection of luciferianism using a mass stage like the Olympics and Super Bowl.  We tune in to enjoy a global sporting event for example and are given an extravaganza of luciferian ritual. Technology is being used to the fullest degree possible to further the aims of evil. 

You've obviously ignored what Arachne has said, preferring to cling to your pet superstitions and seeing things which are simply not there.

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #397 on: February 18, 2014, 09:08:37 AM »
The Church has declared Freemasonry incompatible with Orthodoxy, and that's good enough for me. Beyond that, scrutinising everything for signs and portents is a recipe for madness (and a way we are officially warned not to take).

Yes of course agreed we are not to scrutinise everything here and there and everywhere.  You are misleading and using a straw man argument here.  I am referring to illuminist phenomena at particular events.  We are not to dabble in the occult nor are we to seek after it.  This is why the Church forbids our participating in masonry and the like. 

This phenomenon is bound to continue and increase as luciferian illuminism is emboldened by the slumbering masses.  For those of us who can see it, it is setting the stage for the appearing of Antichrist.  Orthodoxy has its eschatology and it is a legitimate study in our tradition.  What I present here is nothing new or innovative.  Orthodox theologians have been teaching it for many years.  We need to draw nearer to Christ and prepare ourselves for the worst.  For Greek speakers here is a series of informative lectures by respected Greek Orthodox theologian Nikolaos Sotiropoulos:

So it's a straw man to say 'quit paying attention to it and instead concentrate on Christ?

Being aware is one thing. Awareness leads to avoidance.

Study of such things to the point of even knowing the details of it, goes beyond that and into temptation to believe what you learn.

I don't need a 20 page paper on the nature of trash to avoid the smelly receptacle at the curb.
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #398 on: February 18, 2014, 09:27:05 AM »
Quote from: peterchristian

"It is not your business to know when He comes back" - Fr. Thomas Hopko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz6DK7IRh0A

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #399 on: February 18, 2014, 09:36:15 AM »

Symbols have zero power of their own. They only mean something to those who know what they represent and intent to use them that way. They also cannot be completely overtaken by one meaning. Freemasons are fond of triangles, but that doesn't, and never will, equate triangles with Freemasonry. Such a train of thought has instigated a lot of witch hunts over history.

If we are not to dabble in the occult, quit wasting time looking for it everywhere. (And if you try to claim that Voldemort is a figure of the Illuminati, you will have deservedly earned a place of honour amongst the tinfoil hat brigade.)

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #400 on: February 18, 2014, 10:05:39 AM »
No matter what we're afraid of, the power of Christ is enough to overcome it. Excessive attention to and fear of inappropriate things gives too much power to them. If you are afraid, wear a Cross. Get some holy water and bring it with you. That way, if you see anything that frightens you, you can bless yourself instead. Carry a pocket copy or e-book of the Scriptures and read them. Take Communion and Confession when they are available to you. Fast and pray.

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #401 on: February 18, 2014, 12:16:07 PM »
The ocean, infinite to men, and the worlds beyond it, are directed by the same ordinances of the Lord. ~ I Clement 20

Offline peterchristian

« Reply #402 on: February 18, 2014, 05:00:15 PM »
We are discussing something different.  In this case, the occult is being thrust upon us all on an unprecedented scale.  We are speaking of the global projection of luciferianism using a mass stage like the Olympics and Super Bowl.  We tune in to enjoy a global sporting event for example and are given an extravaganza of luciferian ritual. Technology is being used to the fullest degree possible to further the aims of evil.  

You've obviously ignored what Arachne has said, preferring to cling to your pet superstitions and seeing things which are simply not there.

No, not exactly.

Master Grand Lodge

Super Bowl

"Freemasonry is not simply a philanthropic union or a philosophical school, but constitutes a mystagogical system which reminds us of the ancient heathen mystery-religions and cults—from which it descends and is their continuation and regeneration.''  Greek Orthodox Church
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 05:05:39 PM by peterchristian »

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #403 on: February 18, 2014, 05:28:06 PM »
We are discussing something different.  In this case, the occult is being thrust upon us all on an unprecedented scale.  We are speaking of the global projection of luciferianism using a mass stage like the Olympics and Super Bowl.  We tune in to enjoy a global sporting event for example and are given an extravaganza of luciferian ritual. Technology is being used to the fullest degree possible to further the aims of evil.  

No, not exactly.

Master Grand Lodge

Super Bowl

"Freemasonry is not simply a philanthropic union or a philosophical school, but constitutes a mystagogical system which reminds us of the ancient heathen mystery-religions and cults—from which it descends and is their continuation and regeneration.''  Greek Orthodox Church

So the freemasons have borrowed Egyptian and classical forms for their symbols, architecture and esthetic elements. So what? Egyptian and classical motifs and forms have regularly been adopted by fashion houses, designers, architects and artists, finding their way on all manner of objects, be they buildings, domestic objects, art, or clothing. That hardly makes us masons now, or beholden to their non-existent influence, does it?  ::)

Online Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #404 on: February 18, 2014, 05:39:46 PM »
So the freemasons have borrowed Egyptian and classical forms for their symbols, architecture and esthetic elements. So what? Egyptian and classical motifs and forms have regularly been adopted by fashion houses, designers, architects and artists, finding their way on all manner of objects, be they buildings, domestic objects, art, or clothing. That hardly makes us masons now, or beholden to their non-existent influence, does it?  ::)

It's funny what we look at and what we pass over.  When I look at the first image (of the lodge), I see a cube altar on top of which is enthroned a book, a table to its north, a "high place" with thrones, seven-branched candelabra, and banners.  In other words, it looks like every EO church I've ever entered.   
Please don't project meta-debates onto me.

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).