OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 10:00:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Illuminati & Freemasons  (Read 21428 times) Average Rating: 3
andrewlya
High Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Christianity is not a religion,it is a relationship with God

Christian all my life and still learning

« on: March 28, 2013, 10:17:36 AM »

Hi all,

Do you believe the conspiracy theories of these organisations? To join Freemasons one has to believe in One supreme being,so non-religious people are not allowed to join. I asume Christians are allowed to join as any other religion can. However, why women are not allowed, why?

Also, what is the difference between the two?

Do you believe they are behind Zionism and the "New World Order"?
Are they a threat to Christianity?

Thank you and God bless
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 10:36:30 AM by andrewlya » Logged

I believe in one God the Father and His Son the Messiah, the Savior of all the people
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 10:59:24 AM »

Orthodox Christians are NOT allowed to join.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 11:07:59 AM »

Catholics are also forbidden to join.

Why are you interested?

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 11:27:27 AM »

Do you believe they are behind ...the "New World Order"?

That was Bischoff. He got the idea from Japan. Brilliant execution in the first few months. Not a threat to Christianity though.

"By the way he dies as a human being he shows us what it is to be God." - Fr. John Behr
Agabus
The user formerly known as Agabus.
Archon

Faith: Pan-American Colloquial Convert Hybrid Orthodoxy.
Jurisdiction: We are all uncanonical now.

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 12:45:31 PM »

I am really, truly puzzled why this topic keeps popping up on Orthodox message boards.  There’s some kind of pathology here, I just can’t put my finger on it.

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 12:49:25 PM »

I am really, truly puzzled why this topic keeps popping up on Orthodox message boards.  There’s some kind of pathology here, I just can’t put my finger on it.

Everyone loves conspiracy theories. Don't they?  Roll Eyes Tongue
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 12:51:21 PM »

I am really, truly puzzled why this topic keeps popping up on Orthodox message boards.  There’s some kind of pathology here, I just can’t put my finger on it.

It's the Illuminati trying to infiltrate. Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 12:51:30 PM by J Michael » Logged

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Agabus
Archon

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 12:58:18 PM »

I am really, truly puzzled why this topic keeps popping up on Orthodox message boards.  There’s some kind of pathology here, I just can’t put my finger on it.

If Illuminati really have the machinations in place they supposedly do, they’re not very good at being a secret society considering the yahoos who are always supposedly uncovering them.

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 01:00:45 PM »

If Illuminati really have the machinations in place they supposedly do, they’re not very good at being a secret society considering the yahoos who are always supposedly uncovering them.

laugh laugh laugh
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 01:19:32 PM »

Killed Mozart and 2pac.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 01:21:54 PM »

Hi all,

Do you believe the conspiracy theories of these organisations? To join Freemasons one has to believe in One supreme being,so non-religious people are not allowed to join.

Not true. You can be an atheistic and a mason. It's sorta like AA with people having as their higher power be a door knob or more than likely some underlying set of ordered laws to the universe. You could use a science book to take your oaths on.

Of course, this might not fly at all masonic lodges, but it does at some.

Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 01:57:13 PM »

To join Freemasons one has to believe in One supreme being,so non-religious people are not allowed to join.

Not true. You can be an atheistic and a mason. It's sorta like AA with people having as their higher power be a door knob or more than likely some underlying set of ordered laws to the universe. You could use a science book to take your oaths on.

That's not quite true either.  You do have to believe in one supreme being, the Grand (or Great) Architect of the Universe.  Yes, you can use sophistry to escape it, but it's there.  Plus, it explicitly prohibits irreligious libertines, for what it's worth.  

And you are sworn in on a religious book, typically the Bible, the Torah, the Qur'an, or some Hindu scripture (they allow Hindus because of the supposed monotheistic nature of the trimurti). You can't just pick a Thor comic book or something.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 02:14:50 PM by Cognomen » Logged

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 02:01:20 PM »

Orthodox Christians are NOT allowed to join.

My understanding is that there has been no widespread prohibition.  Many national churches have prohibited joining, but I don't believe the US, Canada, and the UK have such prohibitions.  According to my former priest, the GOAA, for one, has refused to take such action.

That said, I don't believe they are compatible, and there are reasons why it is highly discouraged.

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 02:01:45 PM »

Killed Mozart and 2pac.

FACT!!!

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2013, 02:41:53 PM »

Killed Mozart and 2pac.

Simultaneously.

Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek *and* Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Happy Holidays!

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 02:47:32 PM »

Killed Mozart and 2pac.

Simultaneously.

And are managing their estates.

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
Fabio Leite
Archon

Jurisdiction: Greek

Future belongs to God only.

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2013, 02:55:28 PM »

Freemasons are a club, more political in some places and more mystical in others.
No world wide conspiracy comes from them, although, in their local political activities they may conspire as any political group.
Other groups are less famous and more influential politically.
Rosicrucianism, for example, is more damaging spiritually with their esoteric beliefs.
Don't believe some initiates use subliminar brain washing words to control the populace.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 02:58:57 PM by Fabio Leite » Logged

Multiple Energies, Three Persons, Two Natures, One God.
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2013, 03:40:21 PM »

To join Freemasons one has to believe in One supreme being,so non-religious people are not allowed to join.

That's not quite true either.  You do have to believe in one supreme being, the Grand (or Great) Architect of the Universe.  Yes, you can use sophistry to escape it, but it's there.  Plus, it explicitly prohibits irreligious libertines, for what it's worth.  

And you are sworn in on a religious book, typically the Bible, the Torah, the Qur'an, or some Hindu scripture (they allow Hindus because of the supposed monotheistic nature of the trimurti). You can't just pick a Thor comic book or something.

I know an atheist who is a mason and used a physics book as his "sacred text".

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2013, 05:00:41 PM »

It's a group of weirdo, middle-aged White neo-Randian men who play boardgames in their basement; I don't think they are much of a threat.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
dcommini
Tha mi sgulan na Trianaid
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 05:19:15 PM »

I believe that there was an issue of The Word magazine back in the early 90's wherein it said that Freemasonry and the Antiochian Church were not incompatible or some such thing. I wish I could find that article again...

Also, there may be a few posters on this site who are Orthodox and Freemasons (I know of at least one who asked his priest if he could be a Mason and Orthodox and the priest did not have a  problem; this was in the GOAA IIRC)

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2013, 06:11:03 PM »

That said, I don't believe they are compatible, and there are reasons why it is highly discouraged.

Listening to the stories of migrants who came here and joined such clubs and fraternities, I understand why more than a few Orthodox did become masons and the like. And also why their Priests has less than reasons theological for their involvement.

Has this every been discussed around here by the (grand)children of Orthodox who were mason or whatnot?

orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2013, 06:13:20 PM »

Killed Mozart and 2pac.

Simultaneously.

White conspiracy nuts have nothing on ghetto conspiracy theorists. You should hear some of the stuff they cook up about the Illuminati.

I would do my best impression right now, but I think I am going to take a nap instead.

dcommini
OC.net guru

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2013, 06:32:50 PM »

Killed Mozart and 2pac.

Simultaneously.

White conspiracy nuts have nothing on ghetto conspiracy theorists. You should hear some of the stuff they cook up about the Illuminati.

I would do my best impression right now, but I think I am going to take a nap instead.

A nap sounds lovely

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2013, 06:40:54 PM »

Killed Mozart and 2pac.

Simultaneously.
Madea shot 2pac. She didn't kill him, but she shot him.

You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.
andrewlya
High Elder

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2013, 08:19:28 PM »

Catholics are also forbidden to join.

Why are you interested?
Im n ot interested in joining it, Im interested to know if they pose any threat to Christianity, so wanted to know a litle bit about them..

I believe in one God the Father and His Son the Messiah, the Savior of all the people
andrewlya
High Elder

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2013, 08:20:46 PM »

I do appologise,but ive not come across any,hence asking..

andrewlya
High Elder

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2013, 08:25:50 PM »

I believe that there was an issue of The Word magazine back in the early 90's wherein it said that Freemasonry and the Antiochian Church were not incompatible or some such thing. I wish I could find that article again...

Also, there may be a few posters on this site who are Orthodox and Freemasons (I know of at least one who asked his priest if he could be a Mason and Orthodox and the priest did not have a  problem; this was in the GOAA IIRC)
Why would a Christian, or Orthodox for that matter, want to join Freemasons? What's the gain?

Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2013, 08:51:37 PM »

I know an atheist who is a mason and used a physics book as his "sacred text".

I don't doubt it, but there are plenty of rules and guidelines that are supposed to prevent that.  Even the background information discusses the candidate not being an atheist.  I "know" a militant atheist/communist who is buried in an Orthodox cemetery.  If I'm having a bad day, I think of relocating him.

It strikes me as odd that an atheist would join, as the degrees are filled with tons of references to a clearly monotheistic deity (the source of the teachings, in a deistic/natural law kind of way), as well as a lot of outdated sciencey stuff.  It's interesting, but it ain't exactly cutting edge stuff for a scientist type.  Then again, most atheists I know who claim to worship at the altar of science, have no clue about science (neither do I, for that matter).  I guess that's not all that different from religious people who know little about their faith.  I'm just kind of typing out loud here now.

Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2013, 08:53:06 PM »

This is for true!  Also, "developing world" conspiracies are pretty solid as well.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2013, 09:14:03 PM »

Killed Mozart and 2pac.

Simultaneously.

Like KRS-One?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
dcommini
OC.net guru

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2013, 09:23:05 PM »

Why would a Christian, or Orthodox for that matter, want to join Freemasons? What's the gain?

The fellow I was referring to was a Mason before he became Orthodox. He had heard and read all of the stuff forbidding Freemasonry and asked his priest. The priest had no problem with the guy being a Mason and Orthodox.

As to why a Christian, Orthodox or otherwise would want to be a Freemason... Well, AFAIK, in the Blue Lodge (first 3 degrees) there is nothing opposing Christian doctrine. The Scottish Rite (which is an appellant body*) I do not know, but I have heard that there is plenty of Jewish and Arabic type stuff. The York Rite (another appellant body) actually has a path in which one must be a Christian to follow (this ends with the Knights Templar - not the actual one that was destroyed). In the US I can understand Orthodox wanting to be involved in a fraternity such as the Masons as there are not many Orthodox fraternities (and the ones I have found are not very wide spread).

There are some perks of being a Mason, such as maybe making a few friends in different industries, being able to get a job, getting out of a speeding ticket, etc. However it should be noted that while Masons do help out their fellow brothers they are also expected to help out their fellow humans. One of their core beliefs, if you will, is the charity of all mankind.

Also, the only "mystic" type stuff is in their degrees, which is very similar to most college fraternities, their monthly meetings are business meetings after they have dinner. Seriously, they open and have a reading of the previous months minutes, then they ask about new business (collecting dues, paying for a widows' electric bill, mowing the lawn of a disabled vet, etc) then they close.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask (pm or otherwise). I have studied Freemasonry in depth for many years.

Check out my blog...
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2013, 09:51:50 PM »

I believe the Illuminati symbols are on USA money.
I believe the masonic eastern star lines the streets at the white house (pentagram). (google maps 20500, go to satellite, uncheck "labels", back out halfway, enjoy the pentagram on the white house)

I believe that they operate our currency system, and are partially behind zionism.

I believe they fund both sides of wars (often) and allow people to die for profits.
I believe they are behind all of the cameras all over the streets, and will push facial recognition technology (as it exists in casinos) on these cameras.

I believe they will collapse the economy (at least in the United States if not in more areas) and will render paper currencies useless, which will bring in a one world currency.

I'm not speaking of a mason lodge here either, but the ones on top. 

I do believe there is a New World Order as a president of a large country announced it on Sept, 11, 1990., it is also written on the dollar bill along with the year 1776 - the founding year of the Illuminati.

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2013, 10:06:21 PM »

Killed Mozart and 2pac.

Simultaneously.

Like KRS-One?

Kinderspiel.

I am talking making Professor Griff look sane. Check out his youtubez, if you have no idea what I am talking.

Farrakhan turned Scientologist has gots people adding more lulz you could've never thought possible.

orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2013, 10:07:59 PM »

I believe the masonic eastern star lines the streets at the white house (pentagram). (google maps 20500, go to satellite, uncheck "labels", back out halfway, enjoy the pentagram on the white house)

I believe that they operate our currency system, and are partially behind zionism.

I believe they fund both sides of wars (often) and allow people to die for profits.
I believe they are behind all of the cameras all over the streets, and will push facial recognition technology (as it exists in casinos) on these cameras.

I believe they will collapse the economy (at least in the United States if not in more areas) and will render paper currencies useless, which will bring in a one world currency.

I do believe there is a New World Order as a president of a large country announced it on Sept, 11, 1990., it is also written on the dollar bill along with the year 1776 - the founding year of the Illuminati.

As crazy as our beloved YIM sounds here, in the hood the conspiracy is for real. 2pac got shot for not . . . well I better not say here.

andrewlya
High Elder

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2013, 08:23:58 AM »

The fellow I was referring to was a Mason before he became Orthodox. He had heard and read all of the stuff forbidding Freemasonry and asked his priest. The priest had no problem with the guy being a Mason and Orthodox.

As to why a Christian, Orthodox or otherwise would want to be a Freemason... Well, AFAIK, in the Blue Lodge (first 3 degrees) there is nothing opposing Christian doctrine. The Scottish Rite (which is an appellant body*) I do not know, but I have heard that there is plenty of Jewish and Arabic type stuff. The York Rite (another appellant body) actually has a path in which one must be a Christian to follow (this ends with the Knights Templar - not the actual one that was destroyed). In the US I can understand Orthodox wanting to be involved in a fraternity such as the Masons as there are not many Orthodox fraternities (and the ones I have found are not very wide spread).

There are some perks of being a Mason, such as maybe making a few friends in different industries, being able to get a job, getting out of a speeding ticket, etc. However it should be noted that while Masons do help out their fellow brothers they are also expected to help out their fellow humans. One of their core beliefs, if you will, is the charity of all mankind.

Also, the only "mystic" type stuff is in their degrees, which is very similar to most college fraternities, their monthly meetings are business meetings after they have dinner. Seriously, they open and have a reading of the previous months minutes, then they ask about new business (collecting dues, paying for a widows' electric bill, mowing the lawn of a disabled vet, etc) then they close.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask (pm or otherwise). I have studied Freemasonry in depth for many years.
Thank you for explaining it,from what ive read and from what ive heard of them is two different stories. By the sound of it, they are just a nice society that help each other out as well as do charity and try to improve the communities etc.

They are accepting of other religions which is nice, so why are they considered to be a "secret society" if anyone can join?
Why are they thought of behind Zionism if they accept different religions?
Also, why a LOT of people are wary of them and there is a feeling of a dislike towards them?

They seem to be a nice enough organisation, but again a lot of people are suspicious of them.There is no smoke without fire..

andrewlya
High Elder

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2013, 08:26:08 AM »

Yes,that's interesting!
Ive read that the Freemasons are the lower level of the Illuminati,roughly saying the Freemasons are the employees and the Illuminati are their bosses.

Also, someone has tole me that the secret owl on the USA dollar represents the Moloch?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 08:28:11 AM by andrewlya » Logged

Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2013, 09:01:07 AM »

I don't believe conspiracies rule the world. I also think it's naive to think that people in power don't make social engineering plans that are not shared with the public. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. They don't have to be part of any society of evil for that, but also as any social group, they identify more with each other (top politician, intellectuals, artists, billionaires with little sense of local belonging having a global life) than with the rest of us. As any social group, they do not conspire per se, but simply act in their own interest, putting forward the values they have as individuals. As people with power to influence large shares of society, it does have an impact when their plans work out.

As people of no local identities and no local sense of belonging, cosmopolitans or globalists see a need for a global government - or as they say for now, a global governance. That is no conspiracy, it's an open program with vast bibliography on it and those involved don't hide, they actually take great pride in promoting that as the next step in human development.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_governance

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=global+governance

The concept of a world government is als a serious one, openly pursued by many intellectuals and key players in world politics and economy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_government

They also explain that the improvement of existing global governance is a necessary step for an actual world government. Nothing about this is conspiratory nowadays, it's very open, discussed in public and with many papers on it.

For us, as Orthodox Christians, the impacts are both social and spiritual. Social in that ecumenism is the religious branch of the globalist movement. And although globalist would hardly push for a one world religion, those who are theists certainly believe the "we all worship the same God" theory and push for a one world "cosmic" spirituality that relativizes all religions as culturally limited efforts of human imagination and thought to grasp with the Infinite and the Mistery.  *This* is a belief held by Freemansons and the reason why Orthodox Christians can't join them, for we confess that Jesus Christ is truly God revealed and not just a manifestation of one of His faces, culturally conditioned. God is Jesus and is the same for all people and the other faiths are simply incomplete or wrong about Him, because they truly are human efforts to grasp God, while Jesus is God revealing Himself as He is to us.

The spiritual problem is as St. Paul says, that we don't fight against the powers of Earth, but against the powers of the air, that is, the demons. There is no human conspiracy governing the world, but Satan is also called the Prince of this World, for he and his demons do have power over the ungodly people of the world, even those who are in power, even those who claim to be Christians, and he does manipulate them to drive the world away from God. The real "conspiracy" so to speak is the invisible demons acting in an orchestrated way around the world to harden hearts, imprison souls in the mud and prevent salvation. For that they use both individual temptations, but, through the falls of people with political, financial and military power, they can and do provoke social temptations. A call for lazyness and vanity through welfare, a call to lust through unchecked "freedom of speech", a call to greed through unrestrained consumerism and corrupted competition, idolatry and paganism through enviromentalism, to pride and arrogance through scientificism, a mockery of communion through socialism and other forms of collectivism, a mockery of the glory God gives each one through individualism, abusing free-will like in Eden. The list goes on and on.

A Brazilian philosopher, Olavo de Carvalho, even says that if anything has to be "updated" in Christian asceticism is the fact that, in traditional asceticism, the focus is on individual temptations. Today, social temptations are so overwhelming that we must fight them even before we fight the individual ones, for we are so pulled into mass stereotypes that the "individual" we recognize as "myself" is not even a real one most of the time, it's just a social role imposed by one or many of those social temptations, making self-examination a mockery too, where the character we think we are is accused by the devil and is defended by our vanity. Layers over layers of falsehood.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 09:06:06 AM by Fabio Leite » Logged

Agabus
Archon

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2013, 11:57:52 AM »

I don't believe conspiracies rule the world. I also think it's naive to think that people in power don't make social engineering plans that are not shared with the public. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. They don't have to be part of any society of evil for that, but also as any social group, they identify more with each other (top politician, intellectuals, artists, billionaires with little sense of local belonging having a global life) than with the rest of us. As any social group, they do not conspire per se, but simply act in their own interest, putting forward the values they have as individuals. As people with power to influence large shares of society, it does have an impact when their plans work out.
Yeah, in some sense I believe there is a cabal that runs the world, but it’s not the Illuminati or some backwoods Baptists in a lodge eating up esoteric nonsense.

This [loose] cabal certainly wants to rewrite morality and redefine what it means to be human, not because it is involved in luciferism but because it worships of the true god of our age, the –ism that ultimately cannot exist without continuous revolution and the stripping away of all sentimental veils — Capitalism.

I am, however, partial to the theory that the U.S. government introduced crack into the black neighborhoods to stem their social ascendancy. I am less prone to believe the same story about LSD and the rich kids masquerading as hippies.

Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2013, 01:06:16 PM »

Capitalism is just a bad name marxists gave to the very natural and spontaneous act of free commerce. The evils that exist in commerce are not because of "capitalism" but because of the human soul. Politicians and their top-executive cronies, which many understand to be "capitalism" corrupting immaculate souls like congressmen, governors and public bureaucrats, is not what a free-market would be about. It would be about precisely the separation of political and economical powers, so they could have checks and balances one over the other. Iceland's move of not bailing out any bank is the best contemporary example of this separation.

Said that, of course some people worship money. But the worship of political power is far worse. As C.S. Lewiss said:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

I also don't think they are a cabal. They are a social group, like any other. These are people who do not depend on any particular local loyalty, who live a global cosmopolitan life. Thy are not "united" in any formal sense, although some may gather in discrete clubs for the powerfull like the Bildebergs, the Core, and similar people.

Yeah, in some sense I believe there is a cabal that runs the world, but it’s not the Illuminati or some backwoods Baptists in a lodge eating up esoteric nonsense.

This [loose] cabal certainly wants to rewrite morality and redefine what it means to be human, not because it is involved in luciferism but because it worships of the true god of our age, the –ism that ultimately cannot exist without continuous revolution and the stripping away of all sentimental veils — Capitalism.

I am, however, partial to the theory that the U.S. government introduced crack into the black neighborhoods to stem their social ascendancy. I am less prone to believe the same story about LSD and the rich kids masquerading as hippies.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 01:22:18 PM by Fabio Leite » Logged

orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2013, 02:04:41 PM »

Capitalism is just a bad name marxists gave to the very natural and spontaneous act of free commerce.

I will post after I stop laughing!

With all the April's blah blah, I almost never crack a grin on that day set aside for the most uptight of humans who must have a day in which everyone knows ahead and consents to as benign pranks as possible.

Thanks for bringing tears to my eyes which are not caused by some allergy or recollection of my many sins.

orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2013, 02:06:22 PM »

As C.S. Lewiss said:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

*heaving with laughter*

sedevacantist

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2013, 10:29:20 PM »

Thank you for explaining it,from what ive read and from what ive heard of them is two different stories. By the sound of it, they are just a nice society that help each other out as well as do charity and try to improve the communities etc.

They are accepting of other religions which is nice, so why are they considered to be a "secret society" if anyone can join?
Why are they thought of behind Zionism if they accept different religions?
Also, why a LOT of people are wary of them and there is a feeling of a dislike towards them?

They seem to be a nice enough organisation, but again a lot of people are suspicious of them.There is no smoke without fire..

there is nothing nice to come from a secret society, anyone who doesn't think these secret societies control the world,  are of the devil and want to destroy mankind are naive and don't know what they are talking about...

"Lucifer, the Light-bearer! Strange and mysterious name to give to the Spirit of Darkness! Lucifer, the Son of the Morning! Is it he who bears the Light, and with its splendors intolerable, blinds feeble, sensual, or selfish souls? Doubt it not!"

[Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, p. 321, 19th Degree of Grand Pontiff; Red Emphasis added]

Masons from the first initiation which is the first degree are urged to mightily "seek the Light!"  The average Mason is continually saying that he is "seeking the Light," and will spend his entire life "moving toward the Light."

People who haven't studied this subject would assume that this "Light" is the revelation of the God of the Bible.    This statement is continuously held up to try to convince us that Masonry is Christian.  In the above quote, Albert Pike is saying that Lucifer is the One who bears the Light of Freemasonry.

Concrete evidence is then given by Pike of Freemason's worship of Satan/Lucifer on the very front of the cover of Morals and Dogma.  Pike writes a Latin phrase just below the round seal of "God,"  this is a phrase proven to be Satanic.

Any "Satanic brother" looking at this phrase would know that the contents of this book are Satanic.  They would also understand that the entire religion of Freemasonry is Satanic.

"DEUS MEUMQUE JUS" is this phrase.  The literal meaning is "God and My Right"

Doc Marquis says this statement is a typical one within Satanism.   There is one meaning within another with this statement.   The first meaning is that the Freemason can depend upon their God to determine their Right and Justice.  The second meaning is, since the God of Freemasonry is Lucifer,  Masons are saying that they are "using occult methods," through Lucifer, to achieve their Rights and Justice.    This phrase is very powerful and dangerous within Satanism says Marquis.   A Satanist knows the content within Pike's book is Satanism just by reading, "DEUS MEUMQUE JUS."  They don't even have to read the book, just the phrase to know.

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/symbology/1o5.htm
Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2013, 09:51:06 AM »

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about.

No conspiracy, no secret, no "cabals". Just a globalist ideology that sincerily believes that one world "governance" is a good thing and which, in my opinion, downplays or cannot see that it will innevitably, in time, lead to a one world totalitarian system.

This one is a report by the Atlantic Council who defines the institution in their "About" page as:

About the Atlantic Council
Since its founding in 1961-1962, the Council has been a preeminent, non partisan institution devoted to promoting transatlantic cooperation and international security.

http://www.acus.org/publication/global-governance-2025

This report analyzes the gap between current international governance institutions, organizations and norms and the demands for global governance likely to be posed by long-term strategic challenges over the next 15 years. The report is the product of research and analysis by the NIC and EUISS following a series of international dialogues co-organized by the Atlantic Council, TPN, and other partner organizations in Beijing, Tokyo, Dubai, New Delhi, Pretoria, Sao Paulo & Brasilia, Moscow, and Paris.

Global governance—the collective management of common problems at the international level—is at a critical juncture.  Although global governance institutions have racked up many successes since their development after the Second World War, the growing number of issues on the international agenda, and their complexity, is outpacing the ability of international organizations and national governments to cope.

Throughout the main text, we have sprinkled fictionalized scenarios that could result if, as we believe likely, the multiple and diverse governance frameworks struggle to keep pace with the looming number of transnational and global challenges.  

Scenario I:  Barely Keeping Afloat
In this scenario, seen as the most likely one over the next several years, no one crisis will be so overwhelming as to threaten the international system even though collective management advances slowly.

Scenario II:  Fragmentation
Powerful states and regions try to wall themselves off from outside threats.

Scenario III:  Concert of Europe Redux
Under this scenario, severe threats to the international system—possibly a looming environmental disaster or a conflict that risks spreading—prompt greater cooperation on solving global problems.

Scenario IV:  Gaming Reality:  Conflict Trumps Cooperation
The international system becomes threatening owing to domestic disruptions, particularly in emerging powers such as China.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 09:57:21 AM by Fabio Leite » Logged

Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2013, 11:46:33 AM »

Capitalism is just a bad name marxists gave to the very natural and spontaneous act of free commerce.

I will post after I stop laughing!

With all the April's blah blah, I almost never crack a grin on that day set aside for the most uptight of humans who must have a day in which everyone knows ahead and consents to as benign pranks as possible.

Thanks for bringing tears to my eyes which are not caused by some allergy or recollection of my many sins.

Thank you for reaffirming that the order of the universe is still intact.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2013, 11:48:31 AM »

As C.S. Lewiss said:

*heaving with laughter*

At the risk of being laughed at, I agree with the CS Lewis quotation with a slight caveat: I am only talking about the Anglophile West since WWI.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: