OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 20, 2014, 07:10:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouble accessing controls  (Read 695 times) Average Rating: 0
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« on: March 27, 2013, 12:00:52 AM »

I'm having trouble accessing the control buttons above the text box for new posts. Also the "insert quote" links in previous posts beneath the text box, and the "Spell check" button. Is it just me? they've worked previously.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 12:06:01 AM »

What browser and what operating system are you using?
Maximum Bob
Archon

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 12:10:01 AM »

IE 10 and Windows 7

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 12:22:55 AM »

IE 10 and Windows 7

OK, I'm posting this from IE 10 and Windows 7 without issues.

You may need to turn on Compatibility View.  From IE, click on Tools and select Internet Options.  In the window, select Advanced Tab and see if 'Automatically recover from page layout...." is checked.
Maximum Bob
Archon

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 12:44:58 AM »

Yes, it is checked. Thanks for the help, by the way.

Maximum Bob
Archon

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 08:19:18 PM »

It now occurs to me, in my rush to politeness above, I forgot to say that though the box was checked the controls still don't work.

SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 10:27:02 PM »

It now occurs to me, in my rush to politeness above, I forgot to say that though the box was checked the controls still don't work.

Do you have similar problems with other websites?

IE 10 handles compatibility mode a little differently.  The following shows how the compatibility mode can be changed:

To force a webpage you are viewing in Internet Explorer 10 into a particular document compatibility mode, first open F12 Tools by pressing the F12 key. Then, on the Browser Mode menu, click Internet Explorer 10, and on the Document Mode menu, click Standards.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ie/hh920756%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 10:33:58 PM by SolEX01 » Logged
Maximum Bob
Archon

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 11:55:59 PM »

Well, it I do seem to be having problems with some other pages too. Went to the article you referenced and wasn't able to make anything work that way either.

SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 12:05:36 AM »

Well, it I do seem to be having problems with some other pages too. Went to the article you referenced and wasn't able to make anything work that way either.

Try setting the browser mode and document mode to IE8 and IE8 standards respectively.
Maximum Bob
Archon

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 12:14:40 AM »

Nope, nothing.

SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 12:28:36 AM »

Can you describe the problem, e.g. what happens when you click one of the text controls?

Also, what is your screen resolution?
Maximum Bob
Archon

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 09:28:27 PM »

Resolution is 1366 x768.
When I hover over a smiley the tool tip shows up telling me what it is but when I click nothing happens. Same for the other controls such as "insert image".

When I hover over the "spell check" button it becomes  highlighted, but when I click on it nothing happens.

when I hover over an "insert quote" link from one of the quotes below new post box it becomes underlined, when I try to click on it the curser leaps to the top of the current page but nothing else happens.

SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 10:35:39 PM »

Resolution is 1366 x768.

Try changing it to 1024 x 768.  Any difference?

When I hover over a smiley the tool tip shows up telling me what it is but when I click nothing happens. Same for the other controls such as "insert image".

When I hover over the "spell check" button it becomes  highlighted, but when I click on it nothing happens.

when I hover over an "insert quote" link from one of the quotes below new post box it becomes underlined, when I try to click on it the curser leaps to the top of the current page but nothing else happens.

You could try to reset IE (search "reset IE 10") and see if that resolves the problem.  Make sure that the latest Windows updates are installed.  Otherwise, I can't think of anything else at the moment.   Sad
Maximum Bob
Archon

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 11:40:50 PM »

Well still nothing, but again thanks for trying, guess I'll have to migrate to a different browser.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: