OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 30, 2014, 07:44:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouble with work  (Read 339 times) Average Rating: 0
Gunnarr
OC.net guru

« on: March 24, 2013, 03:24:27 PM »

I have a new job as a dishwasher, but the first full day was not very good. I was too slow and could not keep up, making some workers go home an hour later than they normally would. Please pray that I will do better today and that I will be given the strength, speed, and focus to accomplish my task in time

I am a demonic servant! Beware!
Dominika
Serbian/Polish
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Poland

St. Luke, pray for us!

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 03:29:46 PM »

Lord have mercy!

The beginning is usually quite bad, so, don't worry. All the crew knows it. And if you had been given this job, for sure you're enough good to accomplish the tasks.

Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 03:55:50 PM »

Lord have mercy!

This can be very stressful, and most of us have been there in some form or another, no one starts being a master on the first day, it takes time and practice to hone those techniques that will save you time without sacrificing quality of work. like Dominika said, they all know that and I hope you will one day will remember how it was for you when you see the new guy struggle as well Smiley

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
KBN1
High Elder

Faith: EO
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 04:01:34 PM »

Lord have mercy!

You'll get there.  A good dishwasher is a marvel to behold.

Also, there are very few work related offenses that are not forgotten by a box of donuts.  Just sayin'...   Grin
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 04:17:41 PM »

Lord, Have Mercy!
Gunnarr
OC.net guru

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 05:10:30 PM »

something to add, I do not feel I am good enough for this job. I regret taking it, and one person said "he does not have it". I feel I let everyone down, especially myself. I will see how it goes tonight, but it has caused such anxiety I can barely sleep anymore and all day I think about it. It has made me feel the worst I have ever felt

thank you for the prayers

I am a demonic servant! Beware!
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 05:14:36 PM »

Lord have mercy!

If I tried to wash dishes at a fast paced, I'm sure I would break them.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
marigold
High Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 05:49:06 PM »

Lord, have mercy on Gunnarr.
Lord, have mercy on all who are struggling to carry out their responsibilities.
Gamliel
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 06:11:11 PM »

I have been having trouble at work, for the past 1 1/2 years.  Getting assignments with due dates that nobody can meet, or getting blame for my former boss's decisions.  Try to fight if, Gunnarr.  Don't quit, but try to keep working as much as you can.  LORD have mercy upon you!
tuesdayschild
High Elder

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 06:45:12 PM »

Lord, have mercy.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 08:35:40 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Having worked in the food service industry in my college years, I've been challenged by dishwashing.  If you can establish a rhythm, the time will fly.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 08:38:04 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 10:00:46 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 10:12:02 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

It's always the hardest when you start a new task.  There's a learning curve.

Don't give up on yourself!  It'll just take some time.

May our Lord God help you with your work tonight and always.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Ionnis
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 10:40:34 PM »

Lord have mercy!

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 12:10:55 PM »

something to add, I do not feel I am good enough for this job. I regret taking it, and one person said "he does not have it". I feel I let everyone down, especially myself. I will see how it goes tonight, but it has caused such anxiety I can barely sleep anymore and all day I think about it. It has made me feel the worst I have ever felt

thank you for the prayers

Gunnarr my dear, there are always people who forget that they were once beginners also, so they will say such things as ' he does not have it'  but you my brother, keep in mind that just because they said so does not mean it is true. they were not born the masters of what they do, they learnt it also and in that learning process they have made mistakes of their own, took their own time, stressed to meet deadlines etc.. it is one thing to know the theoretical side of things , but quite another to have the practical way of applying what you know to meet  the standards of quality and efficiency in the real world. in the end practice will give you experience and experience confidence. be patient with yourself, have a positive way to unwind and relax when you get home,  hey you do not have to hear the drums and trumpets to know that you have fought a worthy battle each day and are coming home victorious. Smiley

may the Lord take the anxiety away from you and grant you peace.

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: