Abp Welby's enthronement

<< < (6/6)

ialmisry:
Quote from: Carl Kraeff (Second Chance) on March 28, 2013, 11:11:49 AM

Quote from: Santagranddad on March 28, 2013, 07:37:17 AM

Given that Protestantism and an increasingly Protestant influenced Latin church move ever further from the beliefs and practice of that of Orthodoxy, I can see no reason whatsoever for the attendance of Orthodox representatives on such occasions, given that this simply confuses the witness of True belief and praxis, simply portraying the One True Church as one among many.

I agree with you and also with Gunnarr. That said, I think that the World Anglican communion will split within the decade and the Orthodox will be talking to an Archbishop somewhere in Africa instead of to the Archbishop of Canterbury.

I agree, and pray that such an Archbishop in Africa will become a WRO bishop (or protopresbyter if married) and lead his flock home.

That said, there is truth in what jmbejdl says is true: in Detroit, for instance, the episcopalians lent their facilities to the WRO parish there once its priest and core congregation left the Lutheran church.  Hopefully the promise of Matthew10:42 applies.  But truth be known, I'd rather not be in such situations.

JamesR:
Quote from: JamesRottnek on April 19, 2013, 01:09:33 AM

Quote from: James2 on March 28, 2013, 03:24:14 PM

It may be a good thing that the official Anglican Communion is straying into areas like the "ordination" of women and the "marriage" of homosexuals.  Orthodox Christians can behold the bad consequences of these changes and avoid them accordingly.

And what if there aren't bad consequences?

Lesbian marriage isn't a bad consequence?

JamesRottnek:
Quote from: ialmisry on April 19, 2013, 03:47:41 AM

Quote from: JamesRottnek on April 19, 2013, 01:09:33 AM

Quote from: James2 on March 28, 2013, 03:24:14 PM

It may be a good thing that the official Anglican Communion is straying into areas like the "ordination" of women and the "marriage" of homosexuals.  Orthodox Christians can behold the bad consequences of these changes and avoid them accordingly.

And what if there aren't bad consequences?

Look at the sad state the Episcopalians have found themselves since they have done such things. As my priest, a self described "recovering Episcopalian," says "the Episcopalian church is still the cadillac of churches. It's all out of gas, but it's still the cadillac of churches."

Or look at the state the Church found itself in after the Council of Chalcedon, and you'll see that it sent the Church into great disarray.

Every decision of any importance that any ecclesiastical body has ever taken has upset many, many people.

JamesR:
Quote from: JamesRottnek on April 21, 2013, 01:53:17 PM

Or look at the state the Church found itself in after the Council of Chalcedon, and you'll see that it sent the Church into great disarray.

So?

Every decision of any importance that any ecclesiastical body has ever taken has upset many, many people.

So? Whether or not something pisses a lot of people off says nothing about whether or not it was a proper and/or doctrinally true decision.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page