Abp Welby's enthronement

(1/6) > >>

mike:
Looks like there was huge Orthodox party afterwards: http://dioceseofsourozh.squarespace.com/maineng/2013/3/21/enthronement-of-the-head-of-the-anglican-church-in-canterbur.html

Gunnarr:
Congratulations on the new Archbishop! Good job with allowing priestesses! (and female bishops in other anglican jurisdictions!) Anglicans are surely among the closest for union! PARTY! go go ecumenism!

mike:
Quote from: Gunnarr on March 27, 2013, 02:40:21 PM

Congratulations on the new Archbishop! Good job with allowing priestesses! (and female bishops in other anglican jurisdictions!) Anglicans are surely among the closest for union! PARTY! go go ecumenism!

Sarcasm is not your strong point, not at all.

Gunnarr:
Quote from: MichaƂ Kalina on March 27, 2013, 02:47:04 PM

Quote from: Gunnarr on March 27, 2013, 02:40:21 PM

Sarcasm is not your strong point, not at all.

I don't think I have any strong points... but anyway this will probably be one of the last times I would expect orthodox to attend the enthronement of the anglican archbishop of Canterberries (I am suprised they are still trying...)

Sure, female priests can be tolerated there is still somehow hope for unity apparently... But, a sweeping majority of Church of England bishops are FOR female bishops, a vast majority of priests and priestesses of the church of England are FOR female bishops and a majority of laity is FOR female bishops. The only reason there are not female bishops right at this moment in the Church of England is there just were slightly not enough laity for allowing it, though still a majority was for it.

There are already female bishops in the anglican communion in other lands outside of the Church of England and an openly gay practicing bishop. I think its time the Anglicans are forgotten and left to their terrible fate such as what was done to the Episcopal Church. There is no turning back, priestesses will never be banned again (more females are being ordained now there than males)

mike:
And how are female bishops related to attending (or not attending) his enthronement?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page