OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 23, 2014, 09:25:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayer for reconciliation  (Read 307 times) Average Rating: 0
Symeon77

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese

'with fear and trembling work out your salvation.'

« on: March 21, 2013, 07:33:19 PM »

Dear brothers & sisters in Christ:

Please send up prayers for me, as I struggle to reconcile my sexual orientation and its implications with the teachings and discipline of the Church.

Most of all, that I not turn my back on the Lord or the Church, as I attempt to gain clarity along with self-acceptance, in God's light. For I know that 'Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.' (Ps. 84:10)

Thank you.

Where Christianity disappears, greed, envy, and lust invent a thousand ideologies to justify themselves.~ Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Abba Anthony said, "A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him saying, 'You are mad, you are not like us.'"
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 07:55:33 PM »

Lord, have mercy on your servant Symeon.

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 07:57:59 PM »

Lord, be merciful on Symeon, grant him wisdom, wisdom and strength to do the what is required of him.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 08:01:31 PM »

Lord have mercy.

"...you are the orphan, not the protagonist."

-St. Seraphim of Vyritsa, 'This was from me'
Benjamin the Red
Recovering Calvinist
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America, Diocese of Dallas and the South ||| American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me.

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 08:02:59 PM »

Dear brothers & sisters in Christ:

Please send up prayers for me, as I struggle to reconcile my sexual orientation and its implications with the teachings and discipline of the Church.

Most of all, that I not turn my back on the Lord or the Church, as I attempt to gain clarity along with self-acceptance, in God's light. For I know that 'Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.' (Ps. 84:10)

Thank you.

God bless and have mercy on you, Symeon!

You seem to understand the Church's teaching on this issue, so, that being understood, remember that Christ already accepts you and loves you. It is a particular cross to bear, and for doing so in an Orthodox manner, I'm certain that much reward is given to those faithful Christians.

I remember a story recounted by Fr. Thomas Hopko, who once met a rather confrontational agnostic/atheist at a round table he was at. The gentleman had been in the crowd. Afterwards, he sought out Fr. Hopko, wanting to meet with him for an extended amount of time. Father told him where his office was and when to come by.

The man showed up and asked more and more about Orthodoxy. He determined that he wanted to seriously inquire with intent to convert, and Fr Hopko began speaking to him about the process. The man stopped him and said, "Father, you have to know first, that I'm gay."

Fr. Hopko ignored this and kept going, so the man stated it again. This time, Father said, "Yes, yes, I heard you...we can talk about that later, but this stuff first..."

The man stood up and turned as if to leave, but only stood at the door. Fr. Tom went over to him to find him tearing up, so he asked him what was wrong. He proceeded to tell him that all the churches he went to either rejected him out of hand or didn't see his orientation as any kind of issue. He knew both were wrong. He had wanted to be a Christian for so long, but didn't know there was a Church out there that would accept him the way Orthodoxy does.

"Hades is not a place, no, but a state of the soul. It begins here on earth. Just so, paradise begins in the soul of a man here in the earthly life. Here we already have contact with the divine..." -St. John, Wonderworker of Shanghai and San Francisco, Homily On the Sunday of Orthodoxy
marigold
High Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 09:04:24 PM »

Lord, have mercy on Symeon77.

Symeon77, may you have a blessed and successful Lent.
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 10:50:40 PM »

Lord, have mercy on Symeon.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.
SolEX01
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 01:16:03 AM »

Lord have mercy.
mabsoota
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 04:10:34 PM »

may God give u peace and guidance,
and may you see beautiful things this lent.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 05:04:55 PM »

Lord have mercy!

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 05:33:41 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 06:19:10 PM »

Lord, Have Mercy!
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 04:42:41 PM »

may the Lord grant you the grace you need my dear brother Symeon. Lord,have mercy on your servant Symeon!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: