One lung or two

<< < (5/6) > >>

Carl Kraeff (Second Chance):
I have the suspicion that Constantinople has not only bought into the two lung theory, she also believes that the lungs must be headed by only two people, the bishops of Rome and Constantinople. This is from Patriarch Bartholemew's response to Pope Francis at the Wednesday do.

"As the Ecumenical Patriarchate and the worldwide Orthodox Church of Christ..."

http://www.monasterodibose.it/content/view/4927/135/1/8/lang,en/

Not a surprise certainly, but very discouraging.

Justin Kissel:
Quote from: TheTrisagion on March 20, 2013, 04:02:44 PM

Before Roman Catholics start using our lung, maybe they should try focusing on the cancerous outgrown known as protestantism in their own lung.  ;D

And Orthodoxy can work on their own, like the Nestorians and Non-Chalcedonians (though at least the latter are benign)...?

podkarpatska:
Quote from: Carl Kraeff (Second Chance) on March 21, 2013, 03:05:03 PM

I have the suspicion that Constantinople has not only bought into the two lung theory, she also believes that the lungs must be headed by only two people, the bishops of Rome and Constantinople. This is from Patriarch Bartholemew's response to Pope Francis at the Wednesday do.

"As the Ecumenical Patriarchate and the worldwide Orthodox Church of Christ..."

http://www.monasterodibose.it/content/view/4927/135/1/8/lang,en/

Not a surprise certainly, but very discouraging.

I posted this yesterday in another thread, but it is pertinent here as well.

Here is the official transcript of the Patriarch's formal address yesterday from the Patriarchal website. http://www.patriarchate.org/documents/2013popefrancisaddress

So yes, he did say the quoted phrase. BUT  I would urge those upset by this to read the whole speech. In the context of the speech, the phrase in question seems to me NOT to be a royal like "we" but rather an awkward phrasing where he is expressing his personal best wishes and the best wishes on behalf of the Orthodox community at large.

He was the only speaker at the public event, speaking for all of the non-Catholics there. Would it have been preferable for him NOT to include his regards on behalf of all of Orthodoxy? "I can't speak for any other autochephalous or autonomous Orthodox Church whose representatives are here in this room with us but ...."

Like it or not, he is the 'primus', he was asked to speak as such and he conveyed the good wishes of the Orthodox to the new Pope. There were after all delegations from at least ten of the Orthodox national Churches in attendance. They certainly weren't attending to cast anathemas upon Pope Francis.

Father H:
^As one could anticipate, I agree with podkarpatska in what he said above.  

I propose a reversal monday for 2nd Monday of Great Lent, where Carl and Isa will defend Patriarch Bartholomew, and Pod.and I criticize him.  That way pod and I can be closer to keeping our minds in hell as the Fathers say, and Isa and Carl can be one step closer to heaven.  

:angel:

:laugh:

:police:

Just sayin' is all...

Who will respond first?  Those bystanders who would make gimmicky money for their parishes instead of being stewards, may want to take bets.  After all, if the Church is not about fundraisers, what is it about?  

:P

Gunnarr:
Did you know?

The two lung theory was not created by John Paul II, it was actually from liberal russian priests.

By the way, PATRIARCH BARTHOLOMEW JUST BROKE CANONS ONCE AGAIN!

He prayed with heretics and BLESSED THE FOOD THEY ATE AT DINNER WITH THE PSEUDO-POPE OF OLD ROME

perhaps it was a trick, for the blessing of heretics are curses, and if you are catholic perhaps you can say bartholomew is a heretic, therefore his blessing was a curse, and the food is now poisened while they eat it and the pope will fall ill or something...

or he is a heretic for breaking those canons... so a curse is put upon .. wait no

i need sleep...

EDITl

oh wait, that is stated right in the article of this thread... oh well

SEE LIBERALS HAVE BEEN STRONGER IN THE PAST they are not as strong today

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page