OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 10:46:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forgiveness  (Read 450 times) Average Rating: 0
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« on: March 18, 2013, 12:47:17 AM »

If i have scandalized you, or hurt you, or upset you, made you angry, unfairly treated you, moderated you without just cause or let you down in any way, please forgive me a sinner. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Taxiarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 01:46:45 AM »

If i have scandalized you, or hurt you, or upset you, made you angry, unfairly treated you, moderated you without just cause or let you down in any way, please forgive me a sinner. 

God forgives, and I forgive.

If I have scandalized or offended any of you, please forgive me a sinner.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 02:11:17 AM »

I ask forgiveness, I extend forgiveness, and I rejoice in Our Lord's forgiveness.

If there is anything I can do or say to make ammends to anyone I have offended, please PM me and let me know.

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
genesisone
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 09:01:02 AM »

Forgive me, a sinner.

My dear friends - all of you - God forgives and I forgive.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 09:17:08 AM »

Please, forgive me, as well.

I've been amazed by some posts, judged others, argued with a few select individuals, and simply couldn't see eye to eye with a few.

I will try harder.

May God forgive us all!

I wish everyone a blessed, peaceful and fulfilling Great Lent! 

I really do love you all....even if I don't always show it.  Smiley

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Punch
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 09:59:47 AM »

I guess that I have always had an issue with these kinds of posts.  Shouldn't one repent before they ask forgiveness?  Or is this like the Protestants where as long as we are sorry and feel bad, we are forgiven and can go ahead and continue with whatever it was that we were doing?  I won't ask for any of your forgiveness because if what I have done and written is right, I don't need it.  On the other hand, if what I have done or written is wrong, I would rather that you pray that I see the error of my ways so that I can repent and turn around the other way.  Because if I don't, your forgiveness will not matter anyway. 

Orthodox only because of God and His Russians.
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 10:11:56 AM »

I guess that I have always had an issue with these kinds of posts.  Shouldn't one repent before they ask forgiveness?  Or is this like the Protestants where as long as we are sorry and feel bad, we are forgiven and can go ahead and continue with whatever it was that we were doing?  I won't ask for any of your forgiveness because if what I have done and written is right, I don't need it.  On the other hand, if what I have done or written is wrong, I would rather that you pray that I see the error of my ways so that I can repent and turn around the other way.  Because if I don't, your forgiveness will not matter anyway. 

For me I take it as the Lords Prayer. 

Forgive my trespasses as I forgive those who trespass against me. 

My repentance is between me & my spiritual father.  Forgiveness according to the Lord's Prayer is required of all

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
katherineofdixie
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 10:45:04 AM »

There are various ways to say things to others, and sadly I am often argumentative and snarky and take the low road. For this and many other things, I ask your forgiveness.

"If but ten of us lead a holy life, we shall kindle a fire which shall light up the entire city."

St. John Chrysostom
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: