OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 07:05:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Conclave and a New Pope  (Read 13914 times) Average Rating: 0
choy
Archon

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2013, 01:29:45 PM »

I've never met these people. Most Catholics I know realize full-well that Church has some dark chapters in her history. We are going though such a chapter now with the sex abuse crisis.

Where do you live?  I need to move there.

There's one of these internet apologist types who friended me on Facebook upon learning that I "apostatized" and is debating me about the Papacy.  Everything I throw at him he always has some poor sorry excuse as to why the Pope or the Roman Church didn't really do anything wrong.  Typical par for the course history re-engineering by some apologists.
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2013, 01:39:45 PM »

I've never met these people. Most Catholics I know realize full-well that Church has some dark chapters in her history. We are going though such a chapter now with the sex abuse crisis.

There's one of these internet apologist types who friended me on Facebook upon learning that I "apostatized" and is debating me about the Papacy.  Everything I throw at him he always has some poor sorry excuse as to why the Pope or the Roman Church didn't really do anything wrong.  Typical par for the course history re-engineering by some apologists.

FaceBook?  Guess that 'splains it  Grin Grin.  (You couldn't pay me enough to open a FaceBook account, let alone use it  Cool.)

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
choy
Archon

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2013, 02:19:59 PM »

FaceBook?  Guess that 'splains it  Grin Grin.  (You couldn't pay me enough to open a FaceBook account, let alone use it  Cool.)

Well, I kept in touch with some Catholic groups back home (in the Philippines).  I've already left those groups when I converted to Orthodoxy but I maintained some personal connections to a few people who have really become friends with me.  I guess this guy caught a whiff of my conversion and thinks it is his duty to convince me of the Truth of the Catholic Church and win me back.  He thinks I'm annoyed at him because all the quotes of the Fathers he keeps sending me is true and are offending my beliefs.  I'm really just annoyed at him because he is annoying.
choy
Archon

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2013, 02:21:55 PM »

Anyway, back to the conclave.

I think the world media attention here is just akin to Will and Kate's wedding.  The facination on the British Royals doesn't mean everyone wants to be under the Queen.  The facination on the conclave doesn't mean people are willing to understand Catholicism, much less convert to it.  Same facinataion with US elections around the world.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2013, 02:23:42 PM »

Where do you live?  I need to move there.

There's one of these internet apologist types who friended me on Facebook upon learning that I "apostatized" and is debating me about the Papacy.  Everything I throw at him he always has some poor sorry excuse as to why the Pope or the Roman Church didn't really do anything wrong.  Typical par for the course history re-engineering by some apologists.

One of the apologists from Catholic Answers got in contact with me as soon as I became a catechumen.
I told my Orthodox Priest and he sent the guy a letter telling him to stop harassing me. The apologist and author apologized and went away.

News media are gathering to view the expected black smoke any moment now.
Cardinal Dolan of New York said that he expects that the conclave will elect a pope by this Thursday night (9 voting sessions).
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 02:24:58 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2013, 02:39:07 PM »

Very BLACK smoke per CNN.
choy
Archon

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2013, 02:40:35 PM »

African Pope?
Adela
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2013, 02:42:53 PM »

Interesting article by George Weigel about the conclave microculture:

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/342726/unique-conclave-microculture-george-weigel

The conclave of 2013 has its own unique framework, within which those unexpected intra-conclave dynamics will emerge and play themselves out. It’s not the old post–Vatican II progressive vs. conservative division; one of the most striking things about this conclave is that there is no progressive candidate, as there was in 2005. No, the framework-setting issue for this conclave is different: It’s the division between Old Church and New Church, between institutional-maintenance Catholicism and Evangelical Catholicism. And along that fault line there are two different approaches to what is indisputably a major issue as the conclave is enclosed: the reform of the Roman Curia.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 02:43:12 PM by Adela » Logged
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2013, 02:44:39 PM »

African Pope?

Oy.  Vey.  Roll Eyes

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
choy
Archon

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2013, 02:45:04 PM »

They do need to reform the Curia and get rid of that abomination known as the Congregataion of the Oriental Churches.
J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2013, 02:49:13 PM »

They do need to reform the Curia and get rid of that abomination known as the Congregataion of the Oriental Churches.

Because you say so?  Cool

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2013, 03:12:17 PM »

Black smoke.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/12/17276360-black-smoke-rises-from-sistine-chapel-no-decision-on-pope?lite

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
choy
Archon

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2013, 03:14:40 PM »

Yes  Cool

I mean, c'mon, Eastern Catholic Churches are supposed to be "sui juris", and yet you have a Papal office to "juris" them?
Monk Vasyl
High Elder

Jurisdiction: UOC of USA

Monk Vasyl
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2013, 03:16:45 PM »

When I was still a Franciscan and contemplating switching Rites, I knew a Ruthenian Rite priest who referred to the Congregation of the Oriental Churches as the Vatican's version of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.

The unworthy hierodeacon, Vasyl
choy
Archon

« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2013, 03:21:19 PM »

When I was still a Franciscan and contemplating switching Rites, I knew a Ruthenian Rite priest who referred to the Congregation of the Oriental Churches as the Vatican's version of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.

It would be better if the Vatican just creates a standing synod of Eastern Church Primates and let them figure it out themselves.
J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2013, 03:23:30 PM »

Well, we Ruthenians are a pretty wild bunch  Wink.

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2013, 03:25:49 PM »

It would be better if the Vatican just creates a standing synod of Eastern Church Primates and let them figure it out themselves.

That's not a bad idea.  Now, where's that suggestion box??  Wink

Choy for Pope!!  Grin  Uh oh...wait a minute...

choy
Archon

« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2013, 03:32:38 PM »

Hey, I still have Catholic baptismal records Wink

Ooohhh, if that were to happen I don't know what I'll do first.  Abolish the Tridentine Mass and replace it with the Divine Liturgy?  Reinstate infant Communion and Confirmation?  I KNOW!  Anathemize the SSPX!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I'll keep Pastor Aeternus until I'm done 'doxing Rome Wink
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2013, 03:35:36 PM »

Ooohhh, if that were to happen I don't know what I'll do first.  Abolish the Tridentine Mass and replace it with the Divine Liturgy?  Reinstate infant Communion and Confirmation?  I KNOW!  Anathemize the SSPX!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I'll keep Pastor Aeternus until I'm done 'doxing Rome Wink

done forget about making latin an illegal language as well :-P

SCREW BON JOVI!
J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2013, 03:41:07 PM »

And Stalin probably had Orthodox baptismal records.  What's your point  Wink Grin Wink Grin?

Monk Vasyl
High Elder

Jurisdiction: UOC of USA

Monk Vasyl
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2013, 03:50:11 PM »

Archbishop Joseph Tawil (of eternal memory) for the Melkites was pretty intense, too.

The unworthy hierodeacon, Vasyl
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2013, 03:54:55 PM »

With the papal election this week, I thought a discussion on the general topic based on news reports might be of interest. Not Orthodox/Catholic discussion, just the news aspect.

Here is an interesting quote on the conclave process from a Georgetown U. Church history professor:

"The conclave is a process that dates to the Middle Ages. Until the 11th century, the process of picking popes was “a mess and inconsistent,” said Georgetown University history professor the Rev. David Collins. The popes were picked by various combinations of the clergy in Rome and the generation population. At that time, popes served as the head of Christianity in Western Europe and as the bishop of Rome. The city was governed by several prominent families, and the pope would come from one of those families."  http://m.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/papal-conclave-has-tight-structure-uncertain-length/2013/03/11/044128a4-8a5c-11e2-8d72-dc76641cb8d4_story.html

Not many RCs would admit to this Wink
Are you sure of that?

Yes.  At least those who are the "internet apologist" types.  They seem to always want to paint a rosy picture of Church history where the Roman Catholics never do anything wrong, everything is organized, you know, the sun is always shining at the Vatican.

I have to say that I haven't met these people either.  I have met, however, a number of people, on the internet and in person, who love nothing more than to criticize, degrade, and belittle the Catholic Church, seeing no good in her whatsoever, always ready to jump on the slightest fault or perceived fault.  For some it seems almost a raison d'etre.
I've met quite a few of these people as well.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2013, 03:54:55 PM »

That much was expected. They say that the first vote determines who actually has a chance of being elected.

Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2013, 03:54:55 PM »

It's the best reason I can see.  Wink

Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2013, 03:54:55 PM »

I love Ruthenians! We have a lovely Ruthenian parish here in Albquerque. Smiley

Deacon Lance
Archon

Jurisdiction: Archeparchy of Pittsburgh

Liturgy at Mt. St. Macrina Pilgrimage

« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2013, 03:56:21 PM »

No Orthodox Patriarch is spiritual father of 1 billion +.  If the Pope had the flock of a single nation or a few million souls I doubt there would be much fanfare.

Irrelevant. Orthodoxy isn't about being popular or mighty. It's about defending and proclaiming the truth.
I didn't say it was.

My cromulent posts embiggen this forum.
J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2013, 04:02:46 PM »

Well, we Ruthenians are a pretty wild bunch  Wink.

I love Ruthenians! We have a lovely Ruthenian parish here in Albquerque. Smiley

Well, we're as loveable as we are wild  angel angel.

I've seen pictures of it (yes, it is beautiful!), and I think they produced a video of the Divine Liturgy, didn't they?  (Or am I thinking of somewhere else?)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 04:03:23 PM by J Michael » Logged

Deacon Lance
Archon

« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2013, 04:11:02 PM »

No Orthodox Patriarch is spiritual father of 1 billion +.  If the Pope had the flock of a single nation or a few million souls I doubt there would be much fanfare.

Irrelevant. Orthodoxy isn't about being popular or mighty. It's about defending and proclaiming the truth.

Come on kids, cut it out. My point was simple. Patriarchal selection and deposition has historically been as flawed as that of the Roman popes. For example, look up Emperor Romanus I and his choice of his fourth son, 16 year old Theophylact, for the Patriarchal throne to succeed the aged once deposed and  twice enthroned Nicholas Mysticus. Poor Theophylact was castrated first so that he would not be unduly distracted from his churchly duties - something that perhaps should have been considered for Alexander Sixtus by the Curia.

This isn't a criticism of the current Patriarch, but come on, as an example, the current Patriarch of the "Third Rome" certainly projects a sense of power, fancy vestiture and media savvy as well as any Pope could hope for.

My dear Podkarpatska, I was merely responding to Deacon Lance's rather boastful post, which equates numbers with a church's importance.  Smiley

No boast, a statement of fact.  The Pope is spiritual father to a billion + people, ergo the conclave gets a lot of fanfare and media coverage.  That was all I was commenting on.  Did you know the Coptic Catholics Synod elected a new patriarch 1/16/13 and enthroned him 3/12/13?  Probably not.  The media doesn't care so much.  It doesn't mean the Coptic Catholic are less important the the Latin Catholics.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2013, 04:11:14 PM »

"Letting Go WHY BENEDICT'S RESIGNATION MATTERS"  an article by Orthodox priest, Fr.John Harvey in Commonweal magazine.

"The humility of his decision to give up power is, and this really does matter. It will affect future papacies, all to the good. There is something of kenosis in giving up any power you could hold on to, and God bless Benedict for doing this. I hope it spells the beginning of a rethinking of the nature of papal power. Lord Acton went to Rome during the First Vatican Council to lobby against the idea of papal infallibility, and his oft-quoted line “Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely” was a reference to the papacy. I believe Benedict’s resignation was a genuinely selfless act, done for the good of all."  http://www.commonwealmagazine.org/letting-go

People need to learn to wait a while when giving out laurels.

In the RCC, races are long run. We'll see how this turns out.

Chuckle at kenosis.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2013, 04:12:57 PM »

No Orthodox Patriarch is spiritual father of 1 billion +.  If the Pope had the flock of a single nation or a few million souls I doubt there would be much fanfare.

Come on kids, cut it out. My point was simple. Patriarchal selection and deposition has historically been as flawed as that of the Roman popes. For example, look up Emperor Romanus I and his choice of his fourth son, 16 year old Theophylact, for the Patriarchal throne to succeed the aged once deposed and  twice enthroned Nicholas Mysticus. Poor Theophylact was castrated first so that he would not be unduly distracted from his churchly duties - something that perhaps should have been considered for Alexander Sixtus by the Curia.

This isn't a criticism of the current Patriarch, but come on, as an example, the current Patriarch of the "Third Rome" certainly projects a sense of power, fancy vestiture and media savvy as well as any Pope could hope for.

My dear Podkarpatska, I was merely responding to Deacon Lance's rather boastful post, which equates numbers with a church's importance.  Smiley

No boast, a statement of fact.  The Pope is spiritual father to a billion + people, ergo the conclave gets a lot of fanfare and media coverage.  That was all I was commenting on.  Did you know the Coptic Catholics Synod elected a new patriarch 1/16/13 and enthroned him 3/12/13?  Probably not.  The media doesn't care so much.  It doesn't mean the Coptic Catholic are less important the the Latin Catholics.

Deacon,

You are alright. I think most people got your point. It is a valid one regardless whether other like it or not.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
podkarpatska
Merarches

Pokrov

« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2013, 05:03:08 PM »

Actually it is an old Eastern Catholic joke to refer to the Congregation as the Vatican's " BIA" (referring to the unlamented American agency called the "Bureau of Indian Affairs" or, for you Brits - the "Colonial Office."   Wink
podkarpatska
Merarches

Pokrov

« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2013, 05:07:03 PM »

Hee hee, only the Romans and the Magyars called the Rusyns "Ruthenians."  Cheesy. As has been noted before, that's a whole 'nother can of worms!
Benjamin the Red
Recovering Calvinist
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America, Diocese of Dallas and the South ||| American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me.

« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2013, 05:33:44 PM »

Hee hee, only the Romans and the Magyars called the Rusyns "Ruthenians."  Cheesy. As has been noted before, that's a whole 'nother can of worms!

Lol. That reminds me, I've never asked the ethnic folks I know in ACROD how they feel about the term "Ruthenian." I think I'll do that next time I see them... Grin

"Hades is not a place, no, but a state of the soul. It begins here on earth. Just so, paradise begins in the soul of a man here in the earthly life. Here we already have contact with the divine..." -St. John, Wonderworker of Shanghai and San Francisco, Homily On the Sunday of Orthodoxy
choy
Archon

« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2013, 06:12:41 PM »

Are they really only limited to Cardinals?  I am hoping an Eastern Catholic bishop gets elected.   Grin
Deacon Lance
Archon

« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2013, 06:33:30 PM »

Are they really only limited to Cardinals?  I am hoping an Eastern Catholic bishop gets elected.   Grin
They aren't even limited to bishops.  Technically, any male Catholic is eligible.

choy
Archon

« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2013, 07:08:57 PM »

They aren't even limited to bishops.  Technically, any male Catholic is eligible.

Tehcnically, but wasn't there a clause added that the pool be limited to Cardinals?
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2013, 07:10:37 PM »

Are they really only limited to Cardinals?  I am hoping an Eastern Catholic bishop gets elected.   Grin

Some Eastern Catholic bishops are also cardinals, aren't they?
Since they would be required to wear the red at this conclave, they would be indistinguishable from their Latin counterparts.

How many Eastern Catholic "cardinals" are attending this conclave?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 07:12:21 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Benjamin the Red
Recovering Calvinist
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America, Diocese of Dallas and the South ||| American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2013, 07:11:39 PM »

Tehcnically, but wasn't there a clause added that the pool be limited to Cardinals?

I don't think so (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I just think that electing the new Pope from the College is a well-established custom at this point, and no one expects to deviate from it.

There are Patriarchs of the Eastern Catholic Churches that serve as Cardinals. One of them could, potentially, be elected.

"Hades is not a place, no, but a state of the soul. It begins here on earth. Just so, paradise begins in the soul of a man here in the earthly life. Here we already have contact with the divine..." -St. John, Wonderworker of Shanghai and San Francisco, Homily On the Sunday of Orthodoxy
Benjamin the Red
Recovering Calvinist
OC.net guru

« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2013, 07:15:27 PM »

Are they really only limited to Cardinals?  I am hoping an Eastern Catholic bishop gets elected.   Grin

Since they would be required to wear the red at this conclave, they would be indistinguishable from their Latin counterparts.

How many Eastern Catholic cardinals are attending this conclave?

Idk how many EC Cardinals are at the Conclave, I think only three or four (two Coptic, the sitting one and the retired one, the Syro-Malabar Patriarch and the Melkite Patriarch)

But, while they wear red, they maintain a mostly traditional style to their particular churches, and thereby are distinguishable from the Latin cardinals:

New Cardinal Bechara Rai, Lebanon's Maronite Patriarch, center, talks with new U.S. Cardinal James M. Harvey, former prefect of the papal household, before Pope Benedict XVI's audience in Paul VI hall at the Vatican 26 Nov. Also pictured at left is new Syro-Malankara Cardinal Baselios Cleemis Thottunkal of Trivandrum, India. The pope created six new cardinals from four different continents at a 24 Nov. consistory. (Photo: CNS/Paul Haring)

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2013, 07:18:08 PM »

Idk how many EC Cardinals are at the Conclave, I think only three or four (two Coptic, the sitting one and the retired one, the Syro-Malabar Patriarch and the Melkite Patriarch)

But, while they wear red, they maintain a mostly traditional style to their particular churches, and thereby are distinguishable from the Latin cardinals:

New Cardinal Bechara Rai, Lebanon's Maronite Patriarch, center, talks with new U.S. Cardinal James M. Harvey, former prefect of the papal household, before Pope Benedict XVI's audience in Paul VI hall at the Vatican 26 Nov. Also pictured at left is new Syro-Malankara Cardinal Baselios Cleemis Thottunkal of Trivandrum, India. The pope created six new cardinals from four different continents at a 24 Nov. consistory. (Photo: CNS/Paul Haring)

The news media pictures of the cardinals filing into the Sistine Chapel showed strict conformity in dress. Nothing strange stood out.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Benjamin the Red
Recovering Calvinist
OC.net guru

« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2013, 07:26:10 PM »

The news media pictures of the cardinals filing into the Sistine Chapel showed strict conformity in dress. Nothing strange stood out.

I watched the same procession (as they sung the Litany of Saints) into the Sistine Chapel on EWTN. I promise that there were Eastern Catholic cardinals in such attire as the above photo. There aren't many, so it may be hard to pick out someone dressed in a slightly different red garment that is the same color as all the other red garments! 3 or 4 out of 115, I imagine, is a pretty hard spot.

Did secular news cover the individual oath-taking of each cardinal in the Sistine Chapel? EWTN showed coverage continually from the end of the Mass all the way until the sealing of the doors at the Sistine Chapel, and so you got to see each cardinal come up and lay their hands upon the Gospel in the center of the chapel. Several Eastern Catholic Patriarch-Cardinals came up, dressed as above.

EWTN probably has the footage on the website, if you want to comb through it. If I have some time later tonight, I may hunt it down for you.

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2013, 07:30:58 PM »

Yes, I would like to see those news clips.

Unfortunately, I do not get EWTN. We have never been able to get it even when we had satellite or cable TV.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 07:31:27 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Benjamin the Red
Recovering Calvinist
OC.net guru

« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2013, 07:34:28 PM »

Yes, I would like to see those news clips.

Unfortunately, I do not get EWTN. We have never been able to get it even when we had satellite or cable TV.

We don't have satellite or cable here, either. But I refer you to my previous post in the thread:

If you're looking for some decent video coverage of the Conclave, EWTN has a live stream.

Wink

EDIT: And that is the link for the live stream for EWTN, period. You can just watch them live, everything they run. I think they also have a section on their website dedicated to the Conclave, so I imagine you can see their broadcast schedule as relevant thereto.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 07:37:03 PM by Benjamin the Red » Logged

Benjamin the Red
Recovering Calvinist
OC.net guru

« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2013, 07:44:39 PM »

I found a photo of the procession today into the Sistine Chapel on Huff-Po, On the left side of the photo in the back you can see an Eastern Catholic Patriarch-Cardinal in traditional dress. I think he is the Syro-Malabar Patriarch, but I could very well be wrong.

Link to the article here. Apologies that the article is a bit tongue-in-cheek (I mean, it is Huff-Po), but it had the photo I was looking for!

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2013, 07:53:25 PM »

I found a photo of the procession today into the Sistine Chapel on Huff-Po, On the left side of the photo in the back you can see an Eastern Catholic Patriarch-Cardinal in traditional dress. I think he is the Syro-Malabar Patriarch, but I could very well be wrong.

Link to the article here. Apologies that the article is a bit tongue-in-cheek (I mean, it is Huff-Po), but it had the photo I was looking for!

Complete with the clowns!

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: