Jurisdictional disputes arose between Antioch and Jerusalem Patriarchates

(1/19) > >>

mike:
Quote from: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OrthodoxNews/message/17614

ATHENS. The Greek church news agencies "Amen" and "Romfeya" report that the Patriarchate of Antioch protested the March 4, 2013 election by the Holy Synod of the Orthodox Church of Jerusalem of Archimandrite Makarios to be Archbishop Qatar. The Antiochian Orthodox Church considers Qatar along with other Arab Gulf states within its jurisdiction...

Punch:
Quote from: Michał Kalina on March 09, 2013, 06:05:05 PM

Quote from: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OrthodoxNews/message/17614

ATHENS. The Greek church news agencies "Amen" and "Romfeya" report that the Patriarchate of Antioch protested the March 4, 2013 election by the Holy Synod of the Orthodox Church of Jerusalem of Archimandrite Makarios to be Archbishop Qatar. The Antiochian Orthodox Church considers Qatar along with other Arab Gulf states within its jurisdiction...

Wow!  Two Patriarchates that don't even have a country protesting who's got what territory.  Oh wait . . . another Patriarch that has no country wants to be head of all the Orthodox Churches.  Wake me up when something relevant happens.

quoting tags editted - MK

mike:
Quote from: Punch on March 09, 2013, 06:13:53 PM

Two Patriarchates that don't even have a country protesting who's got what territory. 

I wasn't aware of any Patriarchate that "has a country" after 1870.

ialmisry:
Quote from: Michał Kalina on March 09, 2013, 06:23:09 PM

Two Patriarchates that don't even have a country protesting who's got what territory. 

What happened in 1870?

Interesting.  What does the Phanar have to say about Qatar? (It's Antioch's btw).  Should be interesting conversation if they have that "Ancient Patriarchates and Cyprus" thing again.

mike:
Quote from: ialmisry on March 09, 2013, 06:57:53 PM

Quote from: Michał Kalina on March 09, 2013, 06:23:09 PM

What happened in 1870?

Italy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page