OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 21, 2014, 08:44:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beyonce - A Celebrity gone too far?  (Read 2613 times) Average Rating: 0
Punch
Protokentarchos

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica Metropolitanate

« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2013, 05:43:14 PM »

Oh no! You mentioned the unmentionable word! S---k-.  

By the way, no matter how bad Beyonce becomes, know that Kim Kardashian will always be ten times worse Smiley

Thank you for this call to reason.

Sometimes in our lives we get so hung up on judging another person that we forget that there are other out there who deserve our condemnation even more.

To the pyres with Kim Kardashian!  To the pyres with Snooki!  Let them all burn!

God did not create man equal.  Samuel Colt made man equal.  Blessed be the Peacemaker.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2013, 08:16:51 PM »

...That is a buncha junk that no one would care about it, if it weren't for generations of white, middle-class boys learning to play guitar and trying to give some credence to the absurdly simplistic and obvious music of their liking.

What'chu talkin' 'bout?

I've never met a single, stereotypical White, middle-class boy learning to play guitar who sees Robert Johnson as an influence. They all list Jimi Hendrix as their inspiration.

Must be a California thing (or in your world of crass generalizations that you revel in) because all my stereotypical white, middle class guitar playing colleagues, from the punk rockers to the reggae players to the kid who is obsessed with the Clancy Brothers all cite Robert Johnson as an influence.  His playing is unforgettable and unparalleled. 

Indeed

Selam

“Lord, I say too many uncharitable things about people every day. I say them because they make me look clever. Help me to realize how cheap this is. I am stupid, quite as stupid as the people I ridicule. Help me to stop this selfishness, because I love You dear God." ~ FLANNERY O'CONNOR ~
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2013, 08:21:46 PM »

The real misogynists or those who hold women in such low esteem that they think women can't survive criticism and scrutiny.

Selam

“Lord, I say too many uncharitable things about people every day. I say them because they make me look clever. Help me to realize how cheap this is. I am stupid, quite as stupid as the people I ridicule. Help me to stop this selfishness, because I love You dear God." ~ FLANNERY O'CONNOR ~
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2013, 08:46:41 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21GOSnJc4Mg

I think this is a great expose' on Beyonce.

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
Shiny
Site Supporter
Banned
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2013, 08:46:41 PM »

So what's wrong with Robert Johnson again? I like him. I also like Nick Drake.

Oh and Mississippi John Hurt.

Really folks "secular" music isn't as evil as you all purport it to be.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2013, 09:15:08 PM »

i can't believe rocawear went that far.  jeez...

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
podkarpatska
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2013, 09:39:56 PM »

i can't believe rocawear went that far.  jeez...

You think maybe Kanye was behind that video?    Wink
Shiny
Site Supporter
Banned
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2013, 10:47:05 PM »

The real misogynists or those who hold women in such low esteem that they think women can't survive criticism and scrutiny.

Selam
Nope.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
JamesR
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2013, 12:23:11 AM »

No offense, but who actually wears that crap anyway? No one wears designer clothing from a rap label anymore. It's mostly just overpriced and the quality of the clothing doesn't even match the amount of money you pay. In fact, I find it somewhat contradictory when a 'hood rapper has a clothing line. They are supposed to be repping their neighborhood and put off the impression like they care about the less fortunate youth and everything, yet, they have no problem leeching them for the little bit of money they do have by placing their logo on an average quality hoodie sweatshirt at best.

Wherever goes JamesR goes, he is there.
-Orthonorm
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #99 on: March 01, 2013, 12:48:19 AM »

Selam
It's a double standard.  One minute, they are sensitive and fragile creatures who need defending and protection.  The next they are strong and powerful and don't need a man. 

Why can't they just be women? 
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2013, 12:48:59 AM »

The real misogynists are those who hold women in such low esteem that they think women can't survive criticism and scrutiny.

Selam
It's a double standard.  One minute, they are sensitive and fragile creatures who need defending and protection.  The next they are strong and powerful and don't need a man. 

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2013, 12:50:01 AM »

The real misogynists are those who hold women in such low esteem that they think women can't survive criticism and scrutiny.

Selam
Nope.

meant to say 'are'

Selam

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #102 on: March 01, 2013, 12:51:39 AM »

Selam

"Why can't a woman be more like a man?"  ~ Professor Henry Higgins
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2013, 10:21:46 AM »

"I don't try to understand women.  Women understand women and they all hate each other."  -someone on facebook

One day we will talk about why people fetishize children, but for now I'll keep on the side of humanity that doesn't think the height of life is a drinking a juice box and eating a tater tot while defecating in their pants.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2013, 10:23:36 AM »

Glad I don't go to church anymore.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
TristanCross
Chief Of Sinners
Elder

Faith: Orthodox (Converting)

Its ok to eat fish bc they dont have any feelings

« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2013, 11:10:56 AM »

Love how you accuse him of judging and then call him a jackass. Don't you retards pray to not embitter or embarrass others? Typical Christian hypocrites.

"Let the mouth also fast from disgraceful speeches and railings. For what does it profit if we abstain from fish and fowl and yet bite and devour our brothers and sisters? The evil speaker eats the flesh of his brother and bites the body of his neighbor. "
— St. John Chrysostom
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2013, 11:28:43 AM »

Love how you accuse him of judging and then call him a jackass. Don't you retards pray to not embitter or embarrass others? Typical Christian hypocrites.

To be truly evil you must first have the Truth.

One day we will talk about why people fetishize children, but for now I'll keep on the side of humanity that doesn't think the height of life is a drinking a juice box and eating a tater tot while defecating in their pants.
Michał Kalina
Stratopedarches

« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2013, 11:38:58 AM »

Accusing of hypocrisy people accusing of hypocrisy GMK.

Inception.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
sheenj
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Indian/Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church

St. Gregorios of Parumala, pray for us...

« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2013, 11:49:28 AM »

Accusing of hypocrisy people accusing of hypocrisy GMK.

Inception.

Actually he hypocritically accused people, who accused people of hypocrisy, of hypocrisy.

We may be in limbo right now.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2013, 11:51:31 AM »

That is kinda rude. People here I find on the whole to be rather atypical.

Gradually fading away on a strict punishment schedule.
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2013, 11:59:18 AM »

I don't like Jay-Z because he has no street credibility and doesn't live up to the image he has made for himself at all; he acts as if he were some don who ran the streets of New York back in the day. When, in reality, hardly anyone respected him and no one feared him at all. Tupac came hard at him before his death and Jay never responded, Big Punisher broke a champaign bottle on his head and jammed a Mac-10 on his ribs, and then made several subliminal (and some not so subliminal) disses to him on his music, Jay-Z never responded at all, Eminem murked him on his own song when Jay already knew what his verses were, and he still couldn't match them and to this day never made another song with him, Big-L made him look like an amateur on their 7 minute freestyle, Nas shattered Jay'z street credibility with Ether, and what does Jay do? He gives up and tries to play it all cool, saying "I'm too big for this silly stuff." If all of his competition didn't all die off at the close of the 90s, Jay never would have got as famous as he did. It's no coincidence that Pun dies in 2000, and Jay doesn't call himself the "King of New-York" UNTIL 2001. AFTER the Notorious BIG, Big-L and Big Pun had died.

Why do you listen to that junk?

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Nicene
Elder

Jurisdiction: Greek

« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2013, 12:17:39 PM »

All pop idols go too far at some point.

Thank you.
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2013, 12:18:22 PM »

I don't like Jay-Z because he has no street credibility and doesn't live up to the image he has made for himself at all; he acts as if he were some don who ran the streets of New York back in the day. When, in reality, hardly anyone respected him and no one feared him at all. Tupac came hard at him before his death and Jay never responded, Big Punisher broke a champaign bottle on his head and jammed a Mac-10 on his ribs, and then made several subliminal (and some not so subliminal) disses to him on his music, Jay-Z never responded at all, Eminem murked him on his own song when Jay already knew what his verses were, and he still couldn't match them and to this day never made another song with him, Big-L made him look like an amateur on their 7 minute freestyle, Nas shattered Jay'z street credibility with Ether, and what does Jay do? He gives up and tries to play it all cool, saying "I'm too big for this silly stuff." If all of his competition didn't all die off at the close of the 90s, Jay never would have got as famous as he did. It's no coincidence that Pun dies in 2000, and Jay doesn't call himself the "King of New-York" UNTIL 2001. AFTER the Notorious BIG, Big-L and Big Pun had died.

Why do you listen to that junk?

Probably for the same reason my teenage stepdaughter listens to J-/K-pop. No, I don't understand it either.

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2013, 01:58:27 PM »

Why don't you go to church, anymore?

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #114 on: March 01, 2013, 02:13:54 PM »

The horrible fact is that so many in this world are duped by the messages and images Beyonce portrays.  They ignore the symbolism in her videos (even though they understand). 
You have yet to name which babylonian ceremonies Beyonce is aping.

"...you are the orphan, not the protagonist."

-St. Seraphim of Vyritsa, 'This was from me'
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #115 on: March 01, 2013, 02:26:09 PM »

embitter and embarrass others? you mean like by saying its only criticism..bla bla bla.... to call one man's loyal wife a whore among other names and by simply adding " of Babylon"/ "the beauty of the Queen of Heaven" attempt to pass that repulsive pathology as  piety? excuse me, who is embarrassing who again? I assure you if there is any embarrassment or embitterment that is felt  by uttering such vulgarity in the Name of God, it is a self inflicted one. then there are the cheerleaders of such vulgarity and pathology in the name of piety, and pious opinions. go on... let not What the Savior said stand in your way, cheer on. how is that for hypocritical? hmm.

as to the jackass, in this case refers to the vulgarity and crass behavior not the person-hood of the individual. the vulgar and pompous most importantly unsubstantiated statements against the person of the woman accused are in alignment with Pharisaical jackassery. simple.  perhaps it might help to remember that the woman accused of whoredom is equally a person who happens to be an artist who has a family who loves her and is also a mother and a wife. the day you accept your wife being referred to as a whore as a merely criticism and scrutiny like gebre was saying, is the day you should be worried that Christians are calling those that are that vulgar, Pharisaical jackasses.

so chill   Cool

L'chaim! Grin

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #116 on: March 01, 2013, 02:40:19 PM »

Why don't you go to church, anymore?

I've been sick for a month. Also, I get angry and depressed very easily. I've mentioned other problems on other threads. Don't want to bore you.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Romaios
Archon

Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #117 on: March 01, 2013, 02:44:42 PM »

Anyone remember the story about St. Nonnus and his fellow bishops seeing a celebrity (Pelagia) pass by?

http://www.chrysostompress.org/lives_8_october.html
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #118 on: March 01, 2013, 03:30:25 PM »

Yes! she is a Witch, casting her spell on you, turning your blood into liquid fire!

She is a siren, who lures you to madness with the absence of her embrace!

She is an enchantress, who unmans you with a sway of her hips

she is a chimera you can only have in your dreams.

she is a WOMAN her greatest guilt of all!

be she beautiful, what else is she but a whore?!

But WE are Christians and righteous men...so let us pray for her.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NP-RsRGzVo

If by "pray for her" you mean "burn her" I am in.  I haven't had a good witch burnin' in a while.

well come to my neighborhood, its barbecue time all the time... nobody questions the smoke that comes out of your house... we just don't have time for bronchitis.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udS-OcNtSWo  ,..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po3jPq5LT0g

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
JamesR
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #119 on: March 01, 2013, 03:41:48 PM »

So is the Church going to anathematize Beyonce?

Wherever goes JamesR goes, he is there.
-Orthonorm
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2013, 03:45:26 PM »

So is the Church going to anathematize Beyonce?

Would that make any difference to her? Or to you?

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
Taxiarches

« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2013, 04:41:13 PM »

This is getting out of hand. I will lock it until next week. Have a great weekend. Carl Kraeff

Taxiarches

« Reply #122 on: March 04, 2013, 05:14:17 PM »

On second thought, it will remain locked until after Bright Week. Carl Kraeff
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 05:14:30 PM by Carl Kraeff (Second Chance) » Logged

Taxiarches

« Reply #123 on: May 08, 2013, 11:24:59 AM »

This topic is unlocked as promised. Carl Kraeff

Babalon
Resident Occultist

Faith: Gnosis
Jurisdiction: A.'.A.'.

I am everywhere the centre.

« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2014, 05:33:39 PM »

Well, her and Jay-Z are already freemasons, so does it really surprise you? Both of them are fake.

She cant be a Freemason.

Why not? I know Orthodox Christians who are even though they're not supposed to. You never saw the Run This Town video a few years ago that the media went crazy over due to the odd references like "Do What Thou Wilt" or something?

She can be, but it's very unlikely. Generally lodges don't accept women. There are some women's groups, but I'm not sure if they have full status.

As for the 'do what thou wilt' reference, that's from Thelema, not Freemasonry. The media are still severely allergic to ol' Mr Crowley. Cheesy

Think again if you think that phrase originated with the Great Beast.

Given your reading list, I would expect a skewed understanding of Crowley.

Where is Babalon when you need him?

The origin matters little. Alistair was well known for looting sources without crediting them. For the casual skimmer, the phrase, and a few more, are forever linked to him, with the usual results. I bet he'd love it.

Oh lord.

Well, as the OC.net's resident Crowley scholar (its Aleister not Alistair) I would be of even less value if I did not chime in and clarify this small matter. The phrase "Do what thou wilt" was coined by a Franciscan monk François Rabelais in the 16th century. It was the motto of the Abbey in his fictional works  Gargantua and Pantagruel.

The phrase reappeared within the context of Crowley's mystical career during the reception of The Book of The Law in Cairo, Egypt 1904. The text was supposedly dictated to him by a "praeterhuman intelligence" by the name of Aiwass, whom Crowley would later identify as his own holy guardian angel or "higher genius". The interpretation of the phrase "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" is not to be understood as a license to hedonism but rather a commandment for each man and woman to discover and live out this sort of transcendental "True" will that each is said to possess.

It's quite possible though i couldn't find a reliable citation for it, that Aleister Crowley was previously familiar with Rabelais' work and therefor consciously or unconsciously incorporated it into his system. In either case, he made open acknowledgement of the connection and considered Rabelais to be a sort of forerunner, one who caught a glimpse of the spiritual state of the future, and thus canonized him as a saint within the Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica.

When it comes to certain celebrities and the alleged obsession they're said to have with this man Crowley and his work, a few things should be noted about them. I will name the most well known and "controversial" ones, and assess their level of interest:

Jay z and Beyonce: Beyond the imagery used in some of her performances, which some could, if they wanted to be imaginative, call "occult", there seems to be absolutely no evidence that she has any true interest in any sort of esoteric philosophy. On the set of some music video, Jay Z was pictured wearing a sweatshirt with the words "Do what thou wilt" across the chest. Its evident that he, like many others in the eye of the public tend to interpret the phrase in an exoteric fashion- which is "Do what you want" or "Do what you like". Crowley in his writings, went to great lengths to explain the proper interpretation, which these people seem to be ignorant of. Jay's own clothing line have shown some symbols that remind one of the symbols of freemasonry, however i haven't found any compelling evidence in his music that he is promoting any particular philosophy that hasn't been promoted by rockstars and hiphop artists in the past. Nothing too occult here.

Ozzy Osbourne: As ive mentioned in the past, Ozzy couldn't pronounce the man's name right (it's Crow-lee) so i wont put any faith in his studies, Zakk Wylde seems to confirm Ozzy's absolute ignorance about Aleister Crowley in this interview here:
http://loudwire.com/zakk-wylde-praises-randy-rhoads-talks-black-sabbath-recalls-funny-ozzy-osbourne-moment/ WARNING: Some NSFW language may be within.

Jimmy Page of Led Zepplin, who once owned Crowleys mansion on Lake Loch Ness and a collection of his books and artwork, seems to be the only one who had a real interest in his work. Having ordered the inscription of the words "Do what thou wilt" on the inner lining of Zepplins IV album vinyl.  Though Kenneth Anger, the filmaker and Thelemite once criticized Page for having been far too interested in heroin to ever practice the magic and mysticism of Crowleys system. According to him, it would seem Page was just another, albeit a bit more enthusiastic, fan of Crowley's rockstar-badboy-rebel persona he portrayed to the press.

I'll go back to my cell now.

yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #125 on: January 06, 2014, 11:42:21 PM »

For fun go to youtube and type
Beyonce Illuminati

yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #126 on: January 06, 2014, 11:49:29 PM »

Well, her and Jay-Z are already freemasons, so does it really surprise you? Both of them are fake.

She cant be a Freemason.

Why not? I know Orthodox Christians who are even though they're not supposed to. You never saw the Run This Town video a few years ago that the media went crazy over due to the odd references like "Do What Thou Wilt" or something?

She can be, but it's very unlikely. Generally lodges don't accept women. There are some women's groups, but I'm not sure if they have full status.

As for the 'do what thou wilt' reference, that's from Thelema, not Freemasonry. The media are still severely allergic to ol' Mr Crowley. Cheesy

The origin matters little. Alistair was well known for looting sources without crediting them. For the casual skimmer, the phrase, and a few more, are forever linked to him, with the usual results. I bet he'd love it.

Oh lord.

Well, as the OC.net's resident Crowley scholar (its Aleister not Alistair) I would be of even less value if I did not chime in and clarify this small matter. The phrase "Do what thou wilt" was coined by a Franciscan monk François Rabelais in the 16th century. It was the motto of the Abbey in his fictional works  Gargantua and Pantagruel.

The phrase reappeared within the context of Crowley's mystical career during the reception of The Book of The Law in Cairo, Egypt 1904. The text was supposedly dictated to him by a "praeterhuman intelligence" by the name of Aiwass, whom Crowley would later identify as his own holy guardian angel or "higher genius". The interpretation of the phrase "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" is not to be understood as a license to hedonism but rather a commandment for each man and woman to discover and live out this sort of transcendental "True" will that each is said to possess.

It's quite possible though i couldn't find a reliable citation for it, that Aleister Crowley was previously familiar with Rabelais' work and therefor consciously or unconsciously incorporated it into his system. In either case, he made open acknowledgement of the connection and considered Rabelais to be a sort of forerunner, one who caught a glimpse of the spiritual state of the future, and thus canonized him as a saint within the Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica.

When it comes to certain celebrities and the alleged obsession they're said to have with this man Crowley and his work, a few things should be noted about them. I will name the most well known and "controversial" ones, and assess their level of interest:

Jay z and Beyonce: Beyond the imagery used in some of her performances, which some could, if they wanted to be imaginative, call "occult", there seems to be absolutely no evidence that she has any true interest in any sort of esoteric philosophy. On the set of some music video, Jay Z was pictured wearing a sweatshirt with the words "Do what thou wilt" across the chest. Its evident that he, like many others in the eye of the public tend to interpret the phrase in an exoteric fashion- which is "Do what you want" or "Do what you like". Crowley in his writings, went to great lengths to explain the proper interpretation, which these people seem to be ignorant of. Jay's own clothing line have shown some symbols that remind one of the symbols of freemasonry, however i haven't found any compelling evidence in his music that he is promoting any particular philosophy that hasn't been promoted by rockstars and hiphop artists in the past. Nothing too occult here.

Ozzy Osbourne: As ive mentioned in the past, Ozzy couldn't pronounce the man's name right (it's Crow-lee) so i wont put any faith in his studies, Zakk Wylde seems to confirm Ozzy's absolute ignorance about Aleister Crowley in this interview here:
http://loudwire.com/zakk-wylde-praises-randy-rhoads-talks-black-sabbath-recalls-funny-ozzy-osbourne-moment/ WARNING: Some NSFW language may be within.

Jimmy Page of Led Zepplin, who once owned Crowleys mansion on Lake Loch Ness and a collection of his books and artwork, seems to be the only one who had a real interest in his work. Having ordered the inscription of the words "Do what thou wilt" on the inner lining of Zepplins IV album vinyl.  Though Kenneth Anger, the filmaker and Thelemite once criticized Page for having been far too interested in heroin to ever practice the magic and mysticism of Crowleys system. According to him, it would seem Page was just another, albeit a bit more enthusiastic, fan of Crowley's rockstar-badboy-rebel persona he portrayed to the press.

Yeah Crowley, the one who said that young males make the best sacrifices - it's in his own work & writings.   Jimmy Page also performed witchcraft ceremonies on stage.  Kenneth Anger was the co-founder of the church of Satan.

"Gnosis" aka "gnostics" know that "Do what thy wilt" actually refers to Luciferian doctrine.   This is what Lucifer did when he cast himself (his will) above God's in Isaiah 14.   (Stylized in do whatever you want (M. cyrus) etc.)

It's simple "Do what they wilt" (Luciferian)  OR "Thy will be done" (God's will) from the Lord's prayer.  One serves one self and makes one their own God, the other submits their will to God and accepts him.

"Do what thy wilt" is a wicked Luciferian teaching.
Christians say "thy will be done" when praying to YHWH.

For Jayz, I believe he is a Mason and promoting the Luciferian masonic teachings to the masses.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 11:52:20 PM by yeshuaisiam » Logged

TheTrisagion
Jack-of-all-Trades, Master of none
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #127 on: January 07, 2014, 12:06:16 AM »

She cant be a Freemason.

Oh lord.

Well, as the OC.net's resident Crowley scholar (its Aleister not Alistair) I would be of even less value if I did not chime in and clarify this small matter. The phrase "Do what thou wilt" was coined by a Franciscan monk François Rabelais in the 16th century. It was the motto of the Abbey in his fictional works  Gargantua and Pantagruel.

Jimmy Page of Led Zepplin, who once owned Crowleys mansion on Lake Loch Ness and a collection of his books and artwork, seems to be the only one who had a real interest in his work. Having ordered the inscription of the words "Do what thou wilt" on the inner lining of Zepplins IV album vinyl.  Though Kenneth Anger, the filmaker and Thelemite once criticized Page for having been far too interested in heroin to ever practice the magic and mysticism of Crowleys system. According to him, it would seem Page was just another, albeit a bit more enthusiastic, fan of Crowley's rockstar-badboy-rebel persona he portrayed to the press.

We have a resident Crowley scholar?  Who knew.

What is it with gnostics popping up on here.  Why are they attracted to Orthodoxy?  Huh

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #128 on: January 07, 2014, 12:26:15 AM »

She cant be a Freemason.

Oh lord.

We have a resident Crowley scholar?  Who knew.

What is it with gnostics popping up on here.  Why are they attracted to Orthodoxy?  Huh
Perhaps Gnusticism's highest aspirations can only be fulfilled in orghodoxy. And here I'd insert some quotes about the body or whatever earthly pleasures there are by some elders but I'm lazy to look them up and I'm on my phone.
IoanC
Archon

« Reply #129 on: January 07, 2014, 12:49:10 AM »

She doesn't seem to have got so weird and blasphemous as Madonna and Lady Gaga, but she's bad in her own ways.

Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #130 on: January 07, 2014, 01:53:09 AM »

Gnostics are everywhere.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Babalon
Resident Occultist

Faith: Gnosis
Jurisdiction: A.'.A.'.

I am everywhere the centre.

« Reply #131 on: January 08, 2014, 12:50:03 AM »

She cant be a Freemason.

Oh lord.

Well, as the OC.net's resident Crowley scholar (its Aleister not Alistair) I would be of even less value if I did not chime in and clarify this small matter. The phrase "Do what thou wilt" was coined by a Franciscan monk François Rabelais in the 16th century. It was the motto of the Abbey in his fictional works  Gargantua and Pantagruel.

Jimmy Page of Led Zepplin, who once owned Crowleys mansion on Lake Loch Ness and a collection of his books and artwork, seems to be the only one who had a real interest in his work. Having ordered the inscription of the words "Do what thou wilt" on the inner lining of Zepplins IV album vinyl.  Though Kenneth Anger, the filmaker and Thelemite once criticized Page for having been far too interested in heroin to ever practice the magic and mysticism of Crowleys system. According to him, it would seem Page was just another, albeit a bit more enthusiastic, fan of Crowley's rockstar-badboy-rebel persona he portrayed to the press.

Yeah Crowley, the one who said that young males make the best sacrifices - it's in his own work & writings.   Jimmy Page also performed witchcraft ceremonies on stage.  Kenneth Anger was the co-founder of the church of Satan.

"Gnosis" aka "gnostics" know that "Do what thy wilt" actually refers to Luciferian doctrine.   This is what Lucifer did when he cast himself (his will) above God's in Isaiah 14.   (Stylized in do whatever you want (M. cyrus) etc.)

It's simple "Do what they wilt" (Luciferian)  OR "Thy will be done" (God's will) from the Lord's prayer.  One serves one self and makes one their own God, the other submits their will to God and accepts him.

Christians say "thy will be done" when praying to YHWH.

For Jayz, I believe he is a Mason and promoting the Luciferian masonic teachings to the masses.

You're either a troll, or a fool. I'm going to assume it's the latter, due to the arrogant tone which underpins your post. Almost everything you just said is not only wrong, but notoriously wrong. Let me show you what I mean:

Yeah Crowley, the one who said that young males make the best sacrifices - it's in his own work & writings.
FALSE

This is the hallmark of an idiot conspiracy theorist. The famous "bloody sacrifice" quote from Crowleys Book 4: Magick in Theory and Practice. Anyone who has actually read this book, as opposed to regurgitating the misinterpretations of others, knows that this statement was in fact referring to a sex-magick technique which culminates in ejaculation without the intent of reproducing- in other words- "the sacrifice of a young male child of perfect innocence."

In fact, this is the second time I've had to publicly correct you on this issue. If you'll have a look here: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,36744.msg779263.html#msg779263 you will perhaps notice that I went into GREAT detail explaining this issue and the truth behind it. I feel like I made a very clear case which is firmly rooted in historical fact. You just seem to be the sort of person who wants to believe what they want to believe, regardless of the facts.. That's all fine and well, but it's really pathetic of you to try and mislead others who value accurate representations of history.

Now that this is settled....

Jimmy Page also performed witchcraft ceremonies on stage.
Please provide us with evidence for this. I have not found any.  

Kenneth Anger was the co-founder of the church of Satan.
FALSE
This is either an honest mistake on your part, or you're simply lying. In either case- Kenneth Anger was an associate of the Church of Satan's late founder Anton LaVey and is perhaps even an active member in the church. However he has never been in any administrative position within that organization which obviously excludes co-founding it.

Christians say "thy will be done" when praying to YHWH

This is just ridiculous. It's DO WHAT THOU WILT- not they, not thy, not you- THOU. If we are addressing this phrase within the context of an occult philosophy, then it must exclusively refer to the religious-philosophy of Thelema as founded by Aleister Crowley. If this is the case, then we must address it on HIS terms. It's not "Luciferian" and it's NOT a license to "do what you want"- as I have already explained in this thread. Within Thelema and especially when it comes to quoting The Book of The Law, the EXACT words used are essential to understanding its meaning.

I don't know where you are getting all this information from but it's complete crap from top to bottom. I tend to lurk these forums because I have an interest in the ancient faith that you all share and I like to observe the dialogue that springs from it. I usually only poke my head in when matters pertaining to the occult or Aleister Crowley in particular, come up.

Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #132 on: January 08, 2014, 01:17:05 AM »

Does anyone ever spend time discussing how a celebrity did not go far enough? I mean in something moral or superfluous--not something important like animal rights or saving the environment by only using one patch of toilet paper at a time.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #133 on: January 08, 2014, 01:18:47 AM »

The latest pictures of Beyonce touting her World tour really sicken me.
She is dressed up like a Queen, holding a Sceptre and posing regally, like people should bow down to her.
She is supposedly a Christian, yet her immodest behaviour and dress-sense is poles apart from the Christian ideal.
It saddens me that millions of deluded people will be idolising her and worshipping her. She is so false to herself that her skin gets lighter and lighter with each passing year.
The phrase 'Whore of Babylon' comes to mind.

Her beauty must surely pale into insignificance when compared to the true Queen of Heaven.

In her own quiet way, Beyonce reminds us that, if we want to see the Whore of Babylon, we have only to look into the mirror of our heart.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #134 on: January 08, 2014, 05:58:58 AM »

The latest pictures of Beyonce touting her World tour really sicken me.
She is dressed up like a Queen, holding a Sceptre and posing regally, like people should bow down to her.
She is supposedly a Christian, yet her immodest behaviour and dress-sense is poles apart from the Christian ideal.
It saddens me that millions of deluded people will be idolising her and worshipping her. She is so false to herself that her skin gets lighter and lighter with each passing year.
The phrase 'Whore of Babylon' comes to mind.

Her beauty must surely pale into insignificance when compared to the true Queen of Heaven.

In her own quiet way, Beyonce reminds us that, if we want to see the Whore of Babylon, we have only to look into the mirror of our heart.

Agreed. Except that I don't think she's doing it in a quiet way. But maybe that's a good thing, because she forces us to confront our own lusts, covetousness, and judgments. However, I still do all I can to shield my children from such banal and ungodly influences. I wish my parents had been so vigilant. I may have been spared a lot of trouble and pain.

Selam

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: