OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 30, 2014, 04:19:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beyonce - A Celebrity gone too far?  (Read 2962 times) Average Rating: 0
Ikonos
O' Lord, Sinner though I am, make me worthy of thy Mysteries

Faith: Baptised Anglican, heading to Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: Christendom

Kyrios Iesous Christos Santa Maria

« on: February 26, 2013, 05:55:56 PM »

The latest pictures of Beyonce touting her World tour really sicken me.
She is dressed up like a Queen, holding a Sceptre and posing regally, like people should bow down to her.
She is supposedly a Christian, yet her immodest behaviour and dress-sense is poles apart from the Christian ideal.
It saddens me that millions of deluded people will be idolising her and worshipping her. She is so false to herself that her skin gets lighter and lighter with each passing year.
The phrase 'Whore of Babylon' comes to mind.

Her beauty must surely pale into insignificance when compared to the true Queen of Heaven.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 05:56:52 PM by Ikonos » Logged

In a fallen state of captivity, I seek to exchange Pearls of Wisdom with the few repentant Philokalists who roam this domain.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 05:57:52 PM »

She is dressed up like a Queen, holding a Sceptre and posing regally, like people should bow down to her.
She is supposedly a Christian, yet her immodest behaviour and dress-sense is poles apart from the Christian ideal.
It saddens me that millions of deluded people will be idolising her and worshipping her. She is so false to herself that her skin gets lighter and lighter with each passing year.

Her beauty must surely pale into insignificance when compared to the true Queen of Heaven.

Not down with the light skin girls I see?

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 05:59:25 PM »

The phrase Pharisee jackass comes to mind when I read this.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 06:03:53 PM »

Wait, we're allowed to say "jackass?" Because this does read like the sort of jackass thing a jackass would right, now that you mention it.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 06:07:49 PM »

Quote from: Ikonos

Er, no. Not exactly.

Matthew 7 (Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition)

1 Judge not, that you may not be judged,

2 For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 Any why seest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye; and seest not the beam that is in thy own eye?

4 Or how sayest thou to thy brother: Let me cast the mote out of thy eye; and behold a beam is in thy own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam in thy own eye, and then shalt thou see to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 06:08:03 PM »

Mrs Jay-Z is the Queen of Bling, no surprises there.

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 06:08:12 PM »

We should somehow care or be interested in what celebrities do?

I'm more interested in cerebrates. police

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 06:13:17 PM »

Kerrigan got rid of them.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Ikonos
O' Lord, Sinner though I am, make me worthy of thy Mysteries

Faith: Baptised Anglican, heading to Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: Christendom

Kyrios Iesous Christos Santa Maria

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 06:14:34 PM »

I've nothing against skin colour (and have dated women of dark and light skins, and my Wife is Asian), it's just that she is falsely pretending her skin is much lighter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2087388/Beyonc-white-skin-row-Controversial-photo-shows-singer-looking-shades-lighter-usual-tone.html

In a fallen state of captivity, I seek to exchange Pearls of Wisdom with the few repentant Philokalists who roam this domain.
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 06:17:11 PM »

I've nothing against skin colour (and have dated women of dark and light skins, and my Wife is Asian), it's just that she is falsely pretending her skin is much lighter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2087388/Beyonc-white-skin-row-Controversial-photo-shows-singer-looking-shades-lighter-usual-tone.html

*shrug* Reverse fake bake. Big deal.

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 06:19:40 PM »

Everyone know that Michael didn't die. But was implanted in the brain stem of a Young Beyonce by the Illuminati where he continues to live and gradually take over her form, yo.

Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 06:19:59 PM »

Kerrigan got rid of them.

IIRC she didn't destroy all of them. Only those who opposed her.
Cantor Krishnich
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Pan-Orthodox Christianity

Mar Ahmed the Daftadar

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 06:20:11 PM »

She is half Creole.

Most Holy Theotokos, Save Us!
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, Have Mercy Upon Me a Sinner!
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 06:31:38 PM »

First Epistle to the Vamratians 3:13 - Thou shalt not suffer a Beyonce to live.
Agabus
The user formerly known as Agabus.
Archon

Faith: Pan-American Colloquial Convert Hybrid Orthodoxy.
Jurisdiction: We are all uncanonical now.

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 07:07:01 PM »

Nah, he's just one of those old-timey malcontents who exist in all races who get outraged at those who -- in the old way of saying things -- are "passing."

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH
That person
OC.net guru

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 07:42:53 PM »

It's not that uncommon for prominent black women to have their skin lightened in some way or another. American standards of beauty are rather strongly Eurocentric, and they're trying to appeal to that. Same principle behind straightening their hair, or, more broadly, using any form of cosmetics. She wants to appeal to what most people think is good-looking. It's part of the job of being a female pop musician, even if it does have quite a few weird and unfortunate implications in this case.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 09:56:53 PM »

Don't you have better things to do than to post such Pharisaical jackassery as this?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 10:01:22 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 10:45:24 PM »

Well, her and Jay-Z are already freemasons, so does it really surprise you? Both of them are fake.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 10:53:20 PM »

And also, at the risk of ticking off millions of middle-aged, semi-insecure Black women who see Beyonce as the most beautiful woman in the world, her body isn't very attractive and she could exercise a bit more. Nothing personal, I'm just more attracted to my kind's Latina frame.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 11:12:26 PM »

Taking time out of your day to write this sort of thing about a celebrity shows that you are subject to the same celebrity cult as those "millions of deluded people".

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Ruthenian Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Pheonix

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 12:09:57 AM »

I really dislike all of the celebrities in popularity now.  They're utterly ridiculous.  This woman calls herself a Christian.  She may not act like one by my prideful standards, but she has the same chance of being saved by Jesus Christ as any of us.  Let's hope she becomes more aware of the reality that is our Lord Jesus Christ (as well we hope for the rest of humanity.)

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 05:41:05 AM »

I really dislike all of the celebrities in popularity now.  They're utterly ridiculous.  This woman calls herself a Christian.  She may not act like one by my prideful standards, but she has the same chance of being saved by Jesus Christ as any of us.  Let's hope she becomes more aware of the reality that is our Lord Jesus Christ (as well we hope for the rest of humanity.)

How do you know whether she's aware or not? You of all people really don't need to be looking down on anybody.

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2013, 05:42:22 AM »

And also, at the risk of ticking off millions of middle-aged, semi-insecure Black women who see Beyonce as the most beautiful woman in the world, her body isn't very attractive and she could exercise a bit more. Nothing personal, I'm just more attracted to my kind's Latina frame.

Considering what you've said about your habits in your free time, nobody's attracted to your frame.

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2013, 07:06:53 AM »

Considering what you've said about your habits in your free time, nobody's attracted to your frame.

And I have no problem admitting that and laughing about it  Cheesy

yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2013, 07:20:58 AM »

I agree with you.   Also many of the "rituals" she passes off as a concert resemble Babylonian ceremonies.  Last Superbowl was very evident, but the preceding Superbowl with "madonna" was very Babylonian.

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2013, 07:20:58 AM »

Everyone know that Michael didn't die. But was implanted in the brain stem of a Young Beyonce by the Illuminati where he continues to live and gradually take over her form, yo.
Shouldn't this require a nose job too?

Only in America can a black man turn into a rich white woman.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2013, 07:20:58 AM »

And the misogyny rears its ugly head once again.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2013, 08:53:33 AM »

Well, her and Jay-Z are already freemasons, so does it really surprise you? Both of them are fake.

She cant be a Freemason.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2013, 08:56:11 AM »

How did this turn from "Celebrities who do things that don’t jive with their claims of being a Christian" into a "People are sexist and racist" vitriol?  Stay focused on the...SOMETHING SHINEY!
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2013, 09:04:55 AM »

How did this turn from "Celebrities who do things that don’t jive with their claims of being a Christian" into a "People are sexist and racist" vitriol?  Stay focused on the...SOMETHING SHINEY!

This sounds suspiciously like something Adolf Hitler said.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2013, 09:07:10 AM »

How did this turn from "Celebrities who do things that don’t jive with their claims of being a Christian" into a "People are sexist and racist" vitriol?  Stay focused on the...SOMETHING SHINEY!

This sounds suspiciously like something Adolf Hitler said.

Hitler posts on OC.net?  Where?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 09:08:05 AM by Kerdy » Logged
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2013, 09:07:51 AM »

Your judmgentalism is way out of line here. You're only allowed to be judgmental towards creationists and pro-lifers. So how dare you criticize anyone who is using their power and influence to corrupt children? They're only human. Save your wrath for those evil opposers of abortion.

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2013, 09:09:11 AM »

Your judmgentalism is way out of line here. You're only allowed to be judgmental towards creationists and pro-lifers. So how dare you criticize anyone who is using their power and influence to corrupt children? They're only human. Save your wrath for those evil opposers of abortion.

Selam

Very true.  Everyone knows unless you are on board the PC train, you have no personal opinions.
That person
OC.net guru

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2013, 09:12:05 AM »

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you might have a bit of a persecution complex Gebre.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2013, 09:56:53 AM »

How did this turn from "Celebrities who do things that don’t jive with their claims of being a Christian" into a "People are sexist and racist" vitriol?  Stay focused on the...SOMETHING SHINEY!

A joke that went over someone's head? That's usually how it works. Or someone with less humor just throws women or some ethnicity under the bus for no apparent reason.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 09:57:04 AM by orthonorm » Logged

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2013, 10:04:22 AM »

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you might have a bit of a persecution complex Gebre.

Ahh yes, the usual spurious ad hominem refrain. Roll Eyes

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2013, 10:07:55 AM »

How do you know whether she's aware or not? You of all people really don't need to be looking down on anybody.

That's a bit harsh, don't you think? 

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2013, 10:09:31 AM »

Selam

Ad hominems are not necessarily spurious.

And the above is not an ad hominem anyway. I hope before I die to teach you what an ad hominem is.

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2013, 12:33:51 PM »

Selam

Ad hominems are not necessarily spurious.

And the above is not an ad hominem anyway. I hope before I die to teach you what an ad hominem is.
Indeed. What That person said is not an ad hominem (and Gebre's response only proves it true).
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 12:37:04 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2013, 12:37:28 PM »

Roll Eyes

Selam

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2013, 12:39:22 PM »

Roll Eyes
Yes, we know what you think. Maybe you should start listening to what other people say about you.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2013, 12:45:37 PM »

Roll Eyes
Yes, we know what you think. Maybe you should start listening to what other people say about you.

What you think about me is none of my business.

Selam

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2013, 02:31:04 PM »

Roll Eyes

What you think about me is none of my business.
I'm sorry you feel that way.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2013, 02:34:21 PM »

I deleted my uncharitable comment.

Selam

« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 02:39:08 PM by Gebre Menfes Kidus » Logged

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2013, 02:45:43 PM »

I deleted my uncharitable comment.

Selam

Nothing like broadcasting righteousness.

At least Severian came up with a blanket nevermind.

You could have just left it a single character.

Another thread which ends up about Gebre.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: