OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 20, 2014, 08:46:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More stories like this, please.  (Read 206 times) Average Rating: 0
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« on: February 26, 2013, 04:02:55 PM »

Mitchell Marcus, team manager for the Coronado High basketball team in El Paso, Texas, has a developmental disability. Because of his lifelong love of the game, the Coronado coach allowed him to suit up and play for a few minutes. But when his teammates tried to help him get a basket, Mitchell missed several times and began to get discouraged. Then, something magic happened. With seconds remaining in the game, Jonathon Montanez, a player for the other team, unprompted, helped Mitchell get a basket, and fulfill a dream.

Link: Get out your handkerchiefs. Opposing player helps disabled athlete fulfill a dream

I thought I was cried out, but it was nice to shed some tears over something joyous and positive, for once, lately.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 04:25:31 PM »

Very nice!!!!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 04:33:57 PM »

Very nice!!!!

Yeah, I love stories like that!  ESPN seems to run similar types of stories pretty regularly--goes to show that not all jocks are all about testosterone and ped's.

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian
genesisone
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 06:13:55 PM »

Great story. Thanks for the link.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 07:26:43 PM »