OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 01:04:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Church Father are You?  (Read 1530 times) Average Rating: 0
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2013, 03:17:21 PM »

St. Jerome which fits in well with my love of Latin. Cheesy

The description also fits me pretty well: You’re a passionate Christian, fiercely devoted to Jesus Christ and his Church. You are willing to labor long hours in the Lord’s vineyard, and you have little patience with those who are less willing or able to work as you do. Your passions often carry you into temptation zones of wrath, lust, and pride.

Latin can shove it.

St. Jerome here as well.

The description is accurate for me if I make a few changes:

You’re . . . passionate . . . . Your passions often carry you into . . . wrath, lust, and pride.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 03:17:46 PM by orthonorm » Logged

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2013, 04:31:08 PM »

I completely forgot about this quiz.  A year later taking it, all of a sudden I become Origen, but this confuses me...lol!

The questions given to me, I didn't like the answers, I simply crossed out what was the most ridiculous that doesn't match my personality.

Oh well...Origen it is...let's see what next year brings  Tongue

Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2013, 09:40:59 PM »

St. Justin Martyr

"You think that nature, history, and even the pagan philosophers were often guided by God in preparation for the Advent of the Christ. You find “seeds of the Word” in unexpected places. You’re patient and willing to explain the faith to unbelievers."

This explains why people at parties wrangle me into philosophical discussions, even when I'm too tired to participate.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 09:42:16 PM by Papist » Logged

You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: