Author Topic: How do we properly venerate a Saint? Or an icon?  (Read 285 times)

Offline Faith2545

• Elder
How do we properly venerate a Saint? Or an icon?
« on: March 02, 2013, 03:00:03 PM »
I pray to my icons in my room during my time of need. Sometimes for a minute, but others I've spent as much as an hour.

I do as I'm told..."go in my room, shut the door and pray to Christ where only He can see me in secret." I recite the Lord's Prayer when I'm finished, but I usually "talk" about how I'm feeling and what my heat's 'needs' are.

This is what I also do when I vernerate the icons of Saints that I have. I know that each Saint has a specific way of helping me and I simple ask, or beseech that particular Saint for their help. Is this proper?

Offline WPM

• Revolutionary Writer
  • Archon
Re: How do we properly venerate a Saint? Or an icon?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 04:01:07 PM »
I think you walk in bow the kiss the corner of the icon before you worship.

Offline Alpo

• Lying Chalcedonian Liar
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 04:25:10 PM »
I don't think any way of venerating Saints could be improper provided that they don't displace our regular prayer rules.
Quote from: Severian
the people on this forum have to stop taking themselves so seriously. None of us are some modern-day Athanasius, we all just have nothing better to do.

Offline Faith2545

• Elder
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 05:21:23 PM »
I pray to my icons in my room during my time of need. Sometimes for a minute, but others I've spent as much as an hour.

I do as I'm told..."go in my room, shut the door and pray to Christ where only He can see me in secret." I recite the Lord's Prayer when I'm finished, but I usually "talk" about how I'm feeling and what my heat's 'needs' are.

This is what I also do when I vernerate the icons of Saints that I have. I know that each Saint has a specific way of helping me and I simple ask, or beseech that particular Saint for their help. Is this proper?

Thank you for your answers. Sorry, I lacked clarification in my post - I meant at home. I know how at church.