OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 05:22:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Many Years to Patriach Neofit of Bulgaria!  (Read 980 times) Average Rating: 0
AntonI

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Of the Bulgarian variety

OC.net

« on: February 24, 2013, 08:00:19 AM »

With 90 out of 138 votes and after the second round of voting, His Eminence Metropolitan Neofit of Rousse has been chosen as the new Patriarch of All-Bulgaria!

AXIOS! Many Years!

Some of us must be sacrificed if all are to be saved

- Ambassador Kosh Naranek
Cyrillic
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 08:10:00 AM »

Axios.

"But slay her he did not, for between dream and deed laws and practicalities remain"
-Willem Elschot, 'The Marriage'.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 08:21:50 AM »

Worthy!

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
AntonI

OC.net

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 08:24:38 AM »

http://tv.bnt.bg/bntworld/

is running the live stream which should also show the enthronement ceremony.  It is Bulgarian National TV but am sure everyone can follow what will happen!

Dominika
Serbian/Polish
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Poland

St. Luke, pray for us!

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 09:00:38 AM »

Dostojan!

I like his performances of byzantine chant in Church Slavonic Wink

http://tv.bnt.bg/bntworld/

is running the live stream which should also show the enthronement ceremony.  It is Bulgarian National TV but am sure everyone can follow what will happen!

But I must say I'm very surprised that the enthronement ceremony is going right NOW. Thank you for sharing this link.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 09:09:14 AM by Dominika » Logged

Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria
AntonI

OC.net

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 09:32:44 AM »

No problem!  The enthronement always takes part on the same day.  It has to be said that the number of visitors from the Sister Churches is very low - only two Archbishops are present (+Cyprus and + Czech Republic and Slovakia).  I am not even sure if all the Sister Churches sent any representatives - so no Patriarchs about. 

The chanting is very good as as the Patriarchal Cathedral choir.

Edit: Oh my.  The American Metropolitan was not mentioned at all during the reading of the diptychs! Unless I missed but Metropolitan Jonah is present apparently?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 09:49:00 AM by AntonI » Logged

Dominika
Serbian/Polish
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Poland

St. Luke, pray for us!

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 09:48:51 AM »

No problem!  The enthronement always takes part on the same day. 
So it's probably unique Orthodox Church (including OO) that the enthronement is celebrated on the day of voting. Very interesting.

It has to be said that the number of visitors from the Sister Churches is very low - only two Archbishops are present (+Cyprus and + Czech Republic and Slovakia).  I am not even sure if all the Sister Churches sent any representatives - so no Patriarchs about. 

Maybe they didn't know the enthronement would be on the day of voting  laugh It's very strange. And yes, I've noticed there is metropolitan Christoph of Czech and Slovakia
[/quote]

The chanting is very good as as the Patriarchal Cathedral choir.

Yes, very good voices, but for me it's sad they don't use traditional Bulgarian - Byzantine chant (until this moment I've not heard any piece during this ceremony)

Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria
Nephi
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Miaphysite Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church of Antioch

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 09:52:05 AM »

Edit: Oh my.  The American Metropolitan was not mentioned at all during the reading of the diptychs! Unless I missed but Metropolitan Jonah is present apparently?

It's Metropolitan Tikhon now actually. Maybe he was mentioned if you were listening for Metropolitan Jonah's name.
AntonI

OC.net

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 09:56:36 AM »

I think the reason why we had the Patriarchs missing was because there was belief that the Electoral Council would not come a to a decision which would have meant the postponement of the enthronement as a new election would have to be held.

I like that the new Patriarch is immediately enthroned after the election - after all, if the Church has been without its leader for several months, it is important to get the new man in the post as soon as possible!  He does have a very nice voice I have say - like one of those deep voiced guys who do the advertising for films from the US!

I know it's Metropolitan Tikhon but that name was not mentioned.  The last Church mentioned was that of Albania and His Holiness was just thanking all the representatives from overseas and no one was mentioned from the US.  The message from the Vatican was very nice.

Short and sweet ceremony!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 10:22:49 AM by AntonI » Logged

ag_vn
Elder

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 01:56:28 PM »

Axios!

No problem!  The enthronement always takes part on the same day.  It has to be said that the number of visitors from the Sister Churches is very low - only two Archbishops are present (+Cyprus and + Czech Republic and Slovakia).  I am not even sure if all the Sister Churches sent any representatives - so no Patriarchs about. 

Come on, they are making drama out of nothing. All churches were represented from what I saw. How many Patriarchs did attend the enthronement of Patriarch Irinej of Serbia or Patriarch John of Antioch last Sunday in Beirut? There were no Patriarchs. The only attending Primates were again Archbishop Chrysostom of Cyprus and Archbishop Christopher of the Czech lands and Slovakia. All the other local Orthodox Churches were represented by Bishops/Metropolitans/Archbishops, but no Patriarchs or Primates.

Sadly I didn't see representatives of the Roman Catholic Church or the Armenian Church, but I am almost sure I saw the Primate of the Macedonian Orthodox Church Archbishop Stephen.

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 02:04:44 PM »

Thanks be to God.  angel

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 02:27:39 PM »

Worthy!
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 11:59:44 PM »

AXIOS!!!  That's so great! Seems like a good man

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: