Election of Bulgarian Patriarch Candidates Reaches Stalemate

<< < (2/4) > >>

ag_vn:
Photos of the three nominees:

1. Metropolitan Galaction:

2. Metropolitan Neophyte:

3. Metropolitan Gabriel:

Michał Kalina:
The least popular candidate was nominated fastest.

Who will choose patriarch amongst those three?

ag_vn:
The new Patriarch will be elected by an extraordinary council, convened for the election, consisting of:

-all the Metropolitans (the Bulgarian Orthodox Church follows the Greek model and "Metropolitan" simply means Diocesan Bishop), i.e. 14 Metropolitans. Met. Simeon of Western and Central Europe did not attend the session of Holy Synod yesterday and today for health reasons. Being a US citizen and living in the USA, with his diocese actually administered by his Auxiliary Bishop Anthony, he may not be able to attend this special council. So there may be 13 Metropolitans attending.

-all the Bishops - they are all Titular Bishops of ancient nonexistent sees nowadays and serve as Auxiliary Bishops or hold some administrative office. There are 18 or 19 Bishops currently.

-five representatives of each diocese - three clerics and two laypeople and ten representatives of the Diocese of Sofia (which is the Patriarchal diocese) - six clerics and four laypeople.

-a representative of each of the three stavropegial monasteries (Rila, Bachkovo, Troyan).

-two monastics from each diocese - a monk and a nun.

-a representative of each of the two seminaries (in Sofia and Plovdiv).

Michał Kalina:
TY

Shlomlokh:
Quote from: ag_vn on February 16, 2013, 03:46:49 PM

The new Patriarch will be elected by an extraordinary council, convened for the election, consisting of:

-all the Metropolitans (the Bulgarian Orthodox Church follows the Greek model and "Metropolitan" simply means Diocesan Bishop), i.e. 14 Metropolitans. Met. Simeon of Western and Central Europe did not attend the session of Holy Synod yesterday and today for health reasons. Being a US citizen and living in the USA, with his diocese actually administered by his Auxiliary Bishop Anthony, he may not be able to attend this special council. So there may be 13 Metropolitans attending.

-all the Bishops - they are all Titular Bishops of ancient nonexistent sees nowadays and serve as Auxiliary Bishops or hold some administrative office. There are 18 or 19 Bishops currently.

-five representatives of each diocese - three clerics and two laypeople and ten representatives of the Diocese of Sofia (which is the Patriarchal diocese) - six clerics and four laypeople.

-a representative of each of the three stavropegial monasteries (Rila, Bachkovo, Troyan).

-two monastics from each diocese - a monk and a nun.

-a representative of each of the two seminaries (in Sofia and Plovdiv).

Interesting. Thank you for all this information. I never knew there was a Met. Simeon in America. Where is he currently? I met Bishop Daniel (who is helping Met. Joseph) this past summer and found him to be a very godly man. May the Lord pick the right man for the job!

In Christ,
Andrew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page