OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 30, 2014, 07:18:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: reasons for rejecting the bible/religion/whatever  (Read 3669 times) Average Rating: 0
SavedByChrist94

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Born-Again

« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2013, 12:28:30 PM »

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. (2 Timothy 4:3)"

I agree that, that is what you do, I'd also like to add,

1 Timothy 4 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. 4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5 because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

and

Colossians 2:21-23 21 “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? 22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. 23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

1st This guy falsely accuses me(1 Peter 2:1-12) of  having itch ears and is a hypocrite as the verse he posted apply to him.

1 Peter 3:16 - Having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2013, 12:32:40 PM »

I suggest everyone of you repent of your indoctrination or bigotry for a false doctrine(Homosexuality being a sin)

1 John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

I ask you guys to test my spirit, if I am right you will be incapable of refuting me, if I am wrong you will know.

No one has refuted me, I am presenting True Doctrine by The Leadership of The Holy Spirit(God)
Romaios
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2013, 12:34:08 PM »

"Eunuchs made by men" (castrated) can be asexual, heterosexual or homosexual.

"Eunuchs born that way" can only be asexual.

"Eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven" can be asexual, heterosexual or homosexual, but they abstain from all sex.

The text does not mention women, obviously.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 01:01:19 PM by Romaios » Logged
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2013, 12:47:09 PM »

I ask you guys to test my spirit, if I am right you will be incapable of refuting me, if I am wrong you will know.

No one has refuted me, I am presenting True Doctrine by The Leadership of The Holy Spirit(God)

Wizard's First Rule Roll Eyes

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2013, 12:56:14 PM »

I suggest everyone of you repent of your indoctrination or bigotry for a false doctrine(Homosexuality being a sin)

1 John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

I have never heard "irrefutability" cited as a way to know whether a spirit is from God. Roll Eyes We've already tested your spirit and found it totally devoid of the humility one would expect of a true Christian teacher.
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2013, 01:03:14 PM »

Somebody get this guy a collection of the sayings of the desert fathers, quick!

Romaios
Archon

« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2013, 01:10:53 PM »

Up until January, I was very bigoted towards homosexuals, and my OCD raised up after I found out that it isn't a sin.

I'm sorry - I just noticed this now. Forgive us!

Given the situation, perhaps it's wiser not to ascribe your convictions to the Holy Spirit.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 01:13:52 PM by Romaios » Logged
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2013, 04:44:12 PM »

Doing your own will is the fundamental of satanism.

Aren't you the one who has invented your own confession by yourself?

No.  I follow the commands of God.   See it's men's will that messes up God's will.

For example your church doesn't understand this:  Exodus 20:4 (Words of God Bolded)

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, or serve them.

"My confession" is just trying to do the will of God, which is exactly the opposite of how it seems to me, that you are trying to portray me.

The irony I see in this this is that EO have allowed the will of men (bishops), the tradition of men (bishops), and the vote of men's will (which they call God's will) to trick them into directly disobeying the commandment of God.  The EO can only become frustratingly angered, because to admit that they do not follow the commands of God, would be admitting they could no longer be EO.   (That is if their love for the church itself exceeded that of the love for God).

The reason I can't be EO, is because I love God and wish to follow God's will.   When the will of men can convince you to do the DIRECT OPPOSITE of that which God has commanded you NOT to do, then who's will is it? 

So attacks do come at me, but it is from frustrated people because they don't know what else to say.  IMHO, this stuff is not arguable.  Look at the photo, they are disobeying God's commandment in Exodus 20:4 - plain and simple.

So I ask you two questions -

1) If I obey the commands of God - Whose will am I following?

2) If I bow to images of the likeness of things in heaven & disobeying the command of God - Who's will am I following?

I'm sorry if this seems attacking, but please just try to see it at face value.   Read the command, look at the photo (I know you don't have to because it happens all the time in EO).

My own confession is to do the will of God, not follow the disobedience that has been passed down post 300 A.D.   
Yesh, if you want to be a Jew, then go all out and become a Jew. Stop hiding behind the name "Christian".

Christians was what the originals decided the name of the followers of the risen messiah would be called.  I believe in the Messiah and that he is the son of God, and that he is God.  I would never hide behind something.

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2013, 04:44:12 PM »

Read the command, look at the photo (I know you don't have to because it happens all the time in EO).

My own confession is to do the will of God, not follow the disobedience that has been passed down post 300 A.D.   

"Let us go into His dwelling place; Let us worship at His footstool." (Ps. 131:7)

"Come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker." (Ps. 94:6) - Most Orthodox services begin with this admonition repeated thrice. Latin Matins also begin with this Psalm and the rubrics prescribe kneeling when this verse is spoken.

I wish there was a photo of Temple worship so I could post it here. But you've read Hebrews - you know what was in there:

"The Holy of Holies,having a golden altar of incense and the ark of the covenant covered on all sides with gold, in which was a golden jar holding the manna, and Aaron’s rod which budded, and the tables of the covenant; and above it were the cherubim of glory overshadowing the mercy seat." (Hebrews 9:3-5)

As for bowing down before Saints (who are not rival gods of the sky, earth or underworld, therefore their icons cannot be idols = something which replaces God), if God forbids honouring them in this way, then how do you explain these Patriarchal blessings?

Isaac to Jacob: "May peoples serve you, and nations bow down to you; be master of your brothers, and may your mother's sons bow down to you. Cursed be those who curse you, and blessed be those who bless you." (Gen. 27:29)

Jacob to Judah: "Judah, your brothers shall praise you; your hand shall be on the neck of your enemies; your father's sons shall bow down to you." (Gen. 49:8 )

* "Worship" and "prostration/bowing down" are synonymous gestures in the original languages (proskynesis, hishtahava).
Yes, I agree with you.

But they are not bowing before God.  They are bowing IN THE DIRECTION of an image created in the likeness of "anything" in heaven.

yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #99 on: March 01, 2013, 04:44:12 PM »

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. (2 Timothy 4:3)"

I agree that, that is what you do, I'd also like to add,

1 Timothy 4 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. 4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5 because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

and

Colossians 2:21-23 21 “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? 22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. 23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

1st This guy falsely accuses me(1 Peter 2:1-12) of  having itch ears and is a hypocrite as the verse he posted apply to him.

1 Peter 3:16 - Having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.

Remember in this passage that "food" was that which Jews considered to be food.

Peter's dream - you have to read on after the dream, it was symbolic.   

Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2013, 01:15:56 AM »

Already then, where is Homosexuality mentioned in Deuteronomy?

I haven’t looked.  I suppose I could, but it really makes no difference because it is clearly addressed in several other books throughout the Old and New Testaments. 

every death sentence Law from Leviticus, is repeated in Deuteronomy, yet in Deuteronomy it's missing,
And…

and instead Temple Prostitution is mentioned and condemned to Death,
So…

add that to the fact that Leviticus can mean and most likely is Temple Prostitution.

No other possibilities?

your Hell bound bigotry cannot change The Word of God,

Truth is bigotry?  That’s interesting.  I never knew God was a bigot.

Revelation 22:18 - I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.

Ponder on this verse for a while…a long while.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2013, 01:19:51 AM »

Because it is a Proven Fact that you failed to refute, John 1:1(I'd argue John's whole Gospel), Genesis 1:26-27, The Great Commission, 1 John 5:7, Acts, Hebrews 1 clearly says Jesus Christ is God, even The Father calls Him God,)

I am not trying to refute the Trinity.  I am simply showing you your own hypocrisy and cherry picking abilities.

unlike where Homosexuality has absolutely no mention.

So which books of the bible do you actually accept?  I know of at least five you dismiss right now simply based off of your inadequate understanding of God's condemnation of homosexuality.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2013, 01:21:10 AM »

and Jesus Christ said to accept eunuchs  as they are.

Are you not aware that a eunuch is a castrated male, and not a homosexual?  Roll Eyes

Matthew 19:12 For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

Wasn't aware that someone can be born Castrated.

Cryptorchidism (undescended testicles) would have been a well-known phenomenon to ancient peoples.  police

That is a defect caused by the fall, not Castration, try again. no one can be born castrated. add that to The Fact that eunuches could be homosexual and Jesus Christ wasn't specifying a defect evident by Him saying in Matthew 19:12,

" For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

The reference to marriage means it has to do with women, since that's the case, some were born to not be with a woman(we'll get to this next), some were made this way by other men(castration) and some are celibate. it has nothing to do with genitals but with women.

Now, to the 1st of being born that way, cannot be castration as one cannot be born castrated, that is removing the genitals, the other definition is celibacy, obviously you cannot be celibate at birth, however there is another meaning and that is homosexual, that is the only one which in context can be used.
Are you purposely being obtuse?  If so, to what end?  You are making arguments against things not said.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2013, 01:23:02 AM »

Time to shake the dust off my sandals.

It is getting about that time.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2013, 01:57:10 AM »

I have good reasons to reject SavedbyChrist94's bible, religion, whatever.   Roll Eyes
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #105 on: March 02, 2013, 02:07:52 AM »

I imagine in the near future someone will say eunuch was ancient way of saying homosexual and they were “born that way” by using this verse.

Now, to the 1st of being born that way, cannot be castration as one cannot be born castrated, that is removing the genitals, the other definition is celibacy, obviously you cannot be celibate at birth, however there is another meaning and that is homosexual, that is the only one which in context can be used.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 02:08:13 AM by Kerdy » Logged
Romaios
Archon

« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2013, 02:14:31 AM »

But they are not bowing before God.  They are bowing IN THE DIRECTION of an image created in the likeness of "anything" in heaven.

What were the Temple worshipers bowing before? There were images of Cherubim - those could pass for "any thing in heaven", according to your interpretation, couldn't they? If it's any consolation, there's no literal equivalent for "any thing" in that verse in Hebrew:

Lo           ta'aseh         le•kha     fesel      ve•khol-temuna        asher            ba•shamayim               mim•ma'al
not   you shall make   for • you   an idol   and • all/any • form     that         [is] in • the • heavens       from • above

va•'asher             ba•'aretz                mit•tachat
and • that      [is] in • the • earth      from • below   

va•'asher          bam•mayim                 mit•tachat           la•'aretz
and that     [is] in • the • waters      from • under    (of) • the • earth

Muslims bow towards Mecca, Christians bow towards the East. The Jews in Babylon used to pray facing Jerusalem (Daniel). God is everywhere, but especially in his sanctuary. His altar, the Cross - that is his "footstool" and we bow in that direction. That is not idolatry or bowing towards just "any thing in heaven" (the sun, the moon, the stars or some bird).

Saints are not "in heaven" (i.e. 'in the sky'), but they are with God. When we bow to them, we bow to him also: "Glory to Him that hath glorified thee. Glory to Him that hath crowned thee. Glory to Him that worketh healings for all through thee". 

« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 02:24:50 AM by Romaios » Logged
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2013, 02:27:57 AM »

Without being too explicit, I think it is pretty obvious that homosexuality--at the very least--isn't natural from God in that homosexual sex does not produce children. As Orthodox Christians--correct me if I'm wrong--we see the purpose of sexuality as being to produce children so that we could raise them up via the family unit--which is an Icon of the relationship Christ has with His Church. Any other sexual practice which does not produce this is a human perversion for pleasure and somewhat selfish (although not much more selfish than anything else we do on a daily basis) in that there is nothing godly about it. I think this is why homosexual sex and even masturbation might be more spiritually harmful and unnatural than normal fornication--because neither will produce a family and are selfish, whereas fornication is at least somewhat natural and can lead to a family.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2013, 02:38:50 AM »

..., whereas fornication is at least somewhat natural and can lead to a family.

That would be a reason for rejecting the bible / religion / whatever.  I can think of my child, conceived in fornication by his parents, that has not set foot in an Orthodox Church since 2008.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 02:42:20 AM by SolEX01 » Logged
Velsigne
Elder

« Reply #109 on: March 02, 2013, 02:41:51 AM »

'Crossroads' unearthed at Boston College

...Visitors can stand before reconstructions of sacred spaces from the city where early Christians baptized their children, Jews gathered and adherents of mystery cults participated in forgotten rituals.

They can gaze upon some of the earliest painted images of Christ performing miracles, a statue of Hercules battling a lion, a Roman's red wooden shield or an invader's flattened iron helmet.

The exhibit includes the earliest known example of a baptistry, or baptismal pool, along with 14 painted plaster scenes of Christian narratives such as Christ healing a paralytic or walking on water.

The exhibit includes four copies of wall paintings from the synagogue, one containing symbols of uncertain meaning....

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/news/x410098639/Crossroads-unearthed-at-Boston-College

For views of the synagogue:  http://www.bc.edu/bc_org/avp/cas/artmuseum/exhibitions/archive/dura/synagogue.html

edit to fix text size
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 02:43:43 AM by Velsigne » Logged
Velsigne
Elder

« Reply #110 on: March 02, 2013, 02:48:22 AM »

Without being too explicit, I think it is pretty obvious that homosexuality--at the very least--isn't natural from God in that homosexual sex does not produce children. As Orthodox Christians--correct me if I'm wrong--we see the purpose of sexuality as being to produce children so that we could raise them up via the family unit--which is an Icon of the relationship Christ has with His Church. Any other sexual practice which does not produce this is a human perversion for pleasure and somewhat selfish (although not much more selfish than anything else we do on a daily basis) in that there is nothing godly about it. I think this is why homosexual sex and even masturbation might be more spiritually harmful and unnatural than normal fornication--because neither will produce a family and are selfish, whereas fornication is at least somewhat natural and can lead to a family.

I've read that the idea that marriage is only for procreation is an idea particular to western Roman Catholicism.  Various Orthodox say marriage is a way to work out one's salvation, not only for having children.  Fornication does not bring one closer to God.
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #111 on: March 03, 2013, 01:48:56 PM »

Up until January, I was very bigoted towards homosexuals, and my OCD raised up after I found out that it isn't a sin.

I'm sorry - I just noticed this now. Forgive us!

Given the situation, perhaps it's wiser not to ascribe your convictions to the Holy Spirit.

Nope,, The Holy Spirit convicted me because I was in the wrong and the study proved it, then I was changed and repented.
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #112 on: March 03, 2013, 01:54:04 PM »

Because it is a Proven Fact that you failed to refute, John 1:1(I'd argue John's whole Gospel), Genesis 1:26-27, The Great Commission, 1 John 5:7, Acts, Hebrews 1 clearly says Jesus Christ is God, even The Father calls Him God,)

I am not trying to refute the Trinity.  I am simply showing you your own hypocrisy and cherry picking abilities.

unlike where Homosexuality has absolutely no mention.

So which books of the bible do you actually accept?  I know of at least five you dismiss right now simply based off of your inadequate understanding of God's condemnation of homosexuality.

"I am not trying to refute the Trinity.  I am simply showing you your own hypocrisy and cherry picking abilities."

What hypocrisy? The Bible Clearly says The Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ are God, so The Father is God, Jesus Christ is God, and The Holy Spirit is God, yet God is One, but then you read Genesis 1:26-27 and you find out God who is one is yet multipersonal, now if there are more persons I would have found so, but only 3, so that means God is 3 persons yet 1, aka Trinity, there is no cherry picking, just crystal clear as day facts.

"So which books of the bible do you actually accept?"  All

"I know of at least five you dismiss right now simply based off of your inadequate understanding of God's condemnation of homosexuality."

Which ones, also God doesn't condemn homosexuality. I already know at least Five books in which you add your satanistic bigotry to The Word, if you studied, you would see, no homosexuality.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:54:21 PM by SavedByChrist94 » Logged
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #113 on: March 03, 2013, 02:03:54 PM »

Already then, where is Homosexuality mentioned in Deuteronomy?

I haven’t looked.  I suppose I could, but it really makes no difference because it is clearly addressed in several other books throughout the Old and New Testaments. 

every death sentence Law from Leviticus, is repeated in Deuteronomy, yet in Deuteronomy it's missing,
And…

and instead Temple Prostitution is mentioned and condemned to Death,
So…

add that to the fact that Leviticus can mean and most likely is Temple Prostitution.

No other possibilities?

your Hell bound bigotry cannot change The Word of God,

Truth is bigotry?  That’s interesting.  I never knew God was a bigot.

Revelation 22:18 - I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.

Ponder on this verse for a while…a long while.

"I never knew God was a bigot."

God is not bigoted. man is, and I once was too. man hates and makes a big deal of homosexuality instead of focusing on True sins, when God(YHWH: The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit) doesn't care about it as He never condemned it, probably didn't even mention it at all(if I am wrong about eunuches, but if I am right, He condones homosexuality) bigotry hates Truth from God, Truth from God is that homosexuality isn't a sin, man's bigotry therefore hates Truth.

"I haven’t looked.  I suppose I could, but it really makes no difference because it is clearly addressed in several other books throughout the Old and New Testaments.  "

Actually it does, because if it isn't in Deuteronomy then it isn't in Leviticus, as in Deuteronomy every sin sentenced to death in Leviticus is repeated in Deuteronomy, this proves your lack of study, for some reason. instead in Deuteronomy Temple Prostitution is condemned and Leviticus can mean Temple Prostitution, therefore Temple Prostitution is what is condemned.

http://livelonger.hubpages.com/hub/leviticus-homosexuality

"No other possibilities?"

Nope, as proven above.

"Ponder on this verse for a while…a long while."

Exactly, you should.
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #114 on: March 03, 2013, 02:08:02 PM »

I've read that the idea that marriage is only for procreation is an idea particular to western Roman Catholicism.  Various Orthodox say marriage is a way to work out one's salvation, not only for having children.  Fornication does not bring one closer to God.

"Fornication" is not a sin, Prostitution is.

2, Marriage is for love, an agreement to love and be together for a lifetime. sex isn't only for procreation, that is what satan would say and that is what Paul warned us about,

1 Timothy 4:4 - For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,

3, "Fornication does not bring one closer to God. "

Nor does eating, talking, thinking, drinking, playing, working, etc, Only Prayer, Believing, Loving God(YHWH: The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit), and Reading/Studying His Word, does that mean everything is a sin? no, just Keep God in Mind and remember that He created sex(what you call fornication), so thank Him for sex, for food, for love, for life, for everything He Created.
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #115 on: March 03, 2013, 02:22:44 PM »

"Without being too explicit, I think it is pretty obvious that homosexuality--at the very least--isn't natural from God in that homosexual sex does not produce children. "

Duh, Homosexuality was never God's Intention, but then again, nor was aids, death, dwarfism etc, should we condemn them and keep them from living? No.

Condemning Homosexuality is like condemning someone for dwarfism because it wasn't in The Original Design, of course it wasn't but it still ain't a sin.

"As Orthodox Christians--correct me if I'm wrong--we see the purpose of sexuality as being to produce children so that we could raise them up via the family unit--which is an Icon of the relationship Christ has with His Church. Any other sexual practice which does not produce this is a human perversion for pleasure and somewhat selfish (although not much more selfish than anything else we do on a daily basis) in that there is nothing godly about it."

Do not be deceived by satan,

- Songs of Solomon

- 1 Cor 7, 7 Now for the matters you wrote about: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” 2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

- Proverbs 5:19, A loving doe, a graceful deer--may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be captivated by her love.

Please do not be decieved, Paul by The Holy Spirit(God) warned us of this,

1 Timothy 4: The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. 4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5 because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

" I think this is why homosexual sex and even masturbation might be more spiritually harmful and unnatural than normal fornication--because neither will produce a family and are selfish, whereas fornication is at least somewhat natural and can lead to a family."

Caring about yourself and doing something for yourself isn't selfishness, otherwise wanting to be Saved by Jesus Christ is selfish. eating would be selfish.

Selfishness is just caring about yourself and not others, or caring about yourself to the extreme or having an evil selfish desire.

Wanting sex is on par with wanting food, God gave us these desires.

Masturbation is not a sin, God never said it was, "fornication"(premarital sex) isn't a sin, never mentioned in The Bible, and sex's purpose isn't only procreation(as proven above)

Start reading The Bible, enough with the self proclaimed "church" who put royalty on The Pope and make Him out to be a god, all month hearing The Pope be promoted, not once hearing about Jesus Christ, The True Pope! The True King!, The True God!(As well as The Father, and The Holy Spirit)
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #116 on: March 03, 2013, 02:24:04 PM »

I have good reasons to reject SavedbyChrist94's bible, religion, whatever.   Roll Eyes

So you reject The Bible? Christianity? Because what I am proclaiming is The Truth from The Scriptures.
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #117 on: March 03, 2013, 02:28:37 PM »

Since you so love the scriptures, Saved By Christ, I know you will recognize this verse: "For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God."

SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #118 on: March 03, 2013, 02:40:43 PM »

I have good reasons to reject SavedbyChrist94's bible, religion, whatever.   Roll Eyes

So you reject The Bible? Christianity? Because what I am proclaiming is The Truth from The Scriptures.

I told you that homosexuality, masturbation and fornication are sins.  You don't listen; hence, I reject your Bible, your Christianity and your Truth.

I'll defeat all arguments presented by one googolplex raised to one googolplex power versions of you.   Angry

http://www.googolplex.com/
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 02:41:45 PM by SolEX01 » Logged
Punch
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #119 on: March 03, 2013, 03:55:05 PM »

No, you are proclaiming the truth of the Antichrist. You come on an Orthodox forum to spread filth and to lead others astray.  I think that if you looked at your Bible a bit more for guidance instead of to find excuses for sin, you would see that it might be better for you to have a millstone hung around your neck and be cast into the sea. 

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #120 on: March 03, 2013, 04:01:04 PM »

I have good reasons to reject SavedbyChrist94's bible, religion, whatever.   Roll Eyes

I told you that homosexuality, masturbation and fornication are sins.  You don't listen; hence, I reject your Bible, your Christianity and your Truth.

I'll defeat all arguments presented by one googolplex raised to one googolplex power versions of you.   Angry

Go ahead and prove they are sin if they are sin I will accept it, however if I refute you and I will by The Power of The Holy Spirit, you have to agree that they aren't sin.

Also rejecting "my" Bible, "my" Christianity, and "my" Truth, is rejecting The Bible, The Christianity, and The Truth, as my God, is YHWH(The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit), and He is your God too.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2013, 04:01:59 PM »

Go ahead and prove they are sin if they are sin I will accept it, however if I refute you and I will by The Power of The Holy Spirit, you have to agree that they aren't sin.

Also rejecting "my" Bible, "my" Christianity, and "my" Truth, is rejecting The Bible, The Christianity, and The Truth, as my God, is YHWH(The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit), and He is your God too.

Do you think you speak for the Holy Spirit?

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #122 on: March 03, 2013, 04:02:23 PM »

No, you are proclaiming the truth of the Antichrist. You come on an Orthodox forum to spread filth and to lead others astray.  I think that if you looked at your Bible a bit more for guidance instead of to find excuses for sin, you would see that it might be better for you to have a millstone hung around your neck and be cast into the sea.  

"No, you are proclaiming the truth of the Antichrist"

Prove it, otherwise you an anti-Christ, also, the anti-Christ has no Truth in Him.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:02:44 PM by SavedByChrist94 » Logged
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #123 on: March 03, 2013, 04:03:34 PM »

Nope, I do not speak "for", The Holy Spirit(God), He speaks for Himself, He speaks for me, as I am nobody, all wisdom comes from The Holy Spirit, so I can do nothing for Him, we can't help Him, He helps us. we don't speak for Him, He speaks for us, through us.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:07:43 PM by SavedByChrist94 » Logged
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #124 on: March 03, 2013, 04:03:53 PM »

Since you so love the scriptures, Saved By Christ, I know you will recognize this verse: "For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God."

Amen.
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #125 on: March 03, 2013, 04:16:29 PM »

Your arguments amount to nothing.

No.  You're selling us the Golden Calf and no one is bowing down to your version of Christianity.
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #126 on: March 03, 2013, 04:22:49 PM »

Your arguments amount to nothing.

No.  You're selling us the Golden Calf and no one is bowing down to your version of Christianity.

"Your arguments amount to nothing."

Alrighty then, prove it, show why my arguments amount to nothing.

"No.  You're selling us the Golden Calf and no one is bowing down to your version of Christianity."

Says the hypocrite selling... the golden calf. also not "my" version but what The Bible tells me.
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #127 on: March 03, 2013, 04:24:43 PM »

Nope, I do not speak "for", The Holy Spirit(God), He speaks for Himself, He speaks for me, as I am nobody,

If you were a real preacher, you would have a real website.  Joel Osteen has a ministry.  Joyce Meyer has a ministry.  What is your ministry other than going on Internet forums and debating random people while deceiving unsuspecting individuals?

all wisdom comes from The Holy Spirit, so I can do nothing for Him, we can't help Him, He helps us. we don't speak for Him, He speaks for us, through us to confuse and deceive us..

Just wanted to complete the above thought.   Smiley

SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #128 on: March 03, 2013, 04:27:29 PM »

You misinterpret the Song of Solomon.

"No.  You're selling us the Golden Calf and no one is bowing down to your version of Christianity."

Says the hypocrite selling... the golden calf. also not "my" version but what The Bible tells me.

I don't know what your "Bible" says about the golden calf.  I imagine that your Bible is less than 50 pages.
Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas un Poirot

« Reply #129 on: March 03, 2013, 04:34:29 PM »

Calling people names like "hypocrite" and "antichrist" is not a nice thing to do.

"Eheu fugaces, Postume, Postume,
labuntur anni"
-Horace, Odes II:14
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #130 on: March 03, 2013, 04:42:35 PM »

You misinterpret the Song of Solomon.

"No.  You're selling us the Golden Calf and no one is bowing down to your version of Christianity."

I don't know what your "Bible" says about the golden calf.  I imagine that your Bible is less than 50 pages.

"You misinterpret the Song of Solomon."

Prove how.

"I don't know what your "Bible" says about the golden calf.  I imagine that your Bible is less than 50 pages"

Nope, The Bible I know and love consist of,

Old Testament
Genesis
Exodus
Leviticus
Numbers
Deuteronomy
Joshua
Judges
Ruth
1 & 2 Samuel
1 & 2 Kings
1 & 2 Chronicles
Ezra
Nehemiah
Esther
Job
Psalms
Proverbs
Ecclesiastes
Song of Solomon
Isaiah
Jeremiah
Lamentations
Ezekiel
Daniel
Hosea
Joel
Amos
Obadiah
Jonah
Micah
Nahum
Habakkuk
Zephaniah
Haggai
Zechariah
Malachi
New Testament
Matthew
Mark
Luke
John
Acts
Romans
1 Corinthians
2 Corinthians
Galatians
Ephesians
Philippians
Colossians
1 & 2 Thessalonians
1 Timothy
2 Timothy
Titus
Philemon
Hebrews
James
1 Peter
2 Peter
1 John
2 John
3 John
Jude
Revelation

None of which say Homosexuality, Premarital sex, and Masturbation are sin and actually condemn those who say such a thing,

Colossians 2

16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ. 18 Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflated without cause by his fleshly mind, 19 and not holding fast to the head, from whom the entire body, being supplied and held together by the joints and ligaments, grows with a growth which is from God.

20 If you have died with Christ to the elementary principles of the world, why, as if you were living in the world, do you submit yourself to decrees, such as, 21 “Do not handle, do not taste, do not touch!” 22 (which all refer to things destined to perish with use)—in accordance with the commandments and teachings of men? 23 These are matters which have, to be sure, the appearance of wisdom in self-made religion and self-abasement and severe treatment of the body, but are of no value against fleshly indulgence.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:44:38 PM by SavedByChrist94 » Logged
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #131 on: March 03, 2013, 04:45:12 PM »

^ If you cited from something, you need to provide credit and a reference.
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2013, 04:50:36 PM »

Calling people names like "hypocrite" and "antichrist" is not a nice thing to do.

If one is being a hypocrite, then they are a hypocrite, if one is going against Jesus Christ(God), they are an anti-Christ.

Sorry if I offended, am fed up with false doctrines and being so blinded by them, just like the "atheist"'s who when God(YHWH: The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit) and The Bible are Proven True for a Fact, they are still in denial, is with those who hold a false doctrine such as penal substitution, or Homosexual bigotry, or Abstaining people from sex, or saying things never even referred to The Bible as sin.

We were warned, Revelation 22:18-19: I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

On hypocrites,

Matthew 7:3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye." - Jesus Christ(God)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:52:07 PM by SavedByChrist94 » Logged
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #133 on: March 03, 2013, 04:51:29 PM »

Colossians 2:16-23, Straight from The Bible.
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #134 on: March 03, 2013, 04:54:29 PM »

Colossians 2:16-23, Straight from The Bible.

What translation?  You have your own "Bible."  I asked before what version and received no response.  When you quote from a Bible with a different translation, it is customary to provide the translation such that it can be verified.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: