OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 18, 2014, 07:29:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: reasons for rejecting the bible/religion/whatever  (Read 3987 times) Average Rating: 0
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2013, 08:54:55 PM »

Doing your own will is the fundamental of satanism.

Aren't you the one who has invented your own confession by yourself?

No.  I follow the commands of God.   See it's men's will that messes up God's will.

For example your church doesn't understand this:  Exodus 20:4 (Words of God Bolded)

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, or serve them.

"My confession" is just trying to do the will of God, which is exactly the opposite of how it seems to me, that you are trying to portray me.

The irony I see in this this is that EO have allowed the will of men (bishops), the tradition of men (bishops), and the vote of men's will (which they call God's will) to trick them into directly disobeying the commandment of God.  The EO can only become frustratingly angered, because to admit that they do not follow the commands of God, would be admitting they could no longer be EO.   (That is if their love for the church itself exceeded that of the love for God).

The reason I can't be EO, is because I love God and wish to follow God's will.   When the will of men can convince you to do the DIRECT OPPOSITE of that which God has commanded you NOT to do, then who's will is it? 

So attacks do come at me, but it is from frustrated people because they don't know what else to say.  IMHO, this stuff is not arguable.  Look at the photo, they are disobeying God's commandment in Exodus 20:4 - plain and simple.

So I ask you two questions -

1) If I obey the commands of God - Whose will am I following?

2) If I bow to images of the likeness of things in heaven & disobeying the command of God - Who's will am I following?

I'm sorry if this seems attacking, but please just try to see it at face value.   Read the command, look at the photo (I know you don't have to because it happens all the time in EO).

My own confession is to do the will of God, not follow the disobedience that has been passed down post 300 A.D.   
Yesh, if you want to be a Jew, then go all out and become a Jew. Stop hiding behind the name "Christian".
Romaios
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2013, 09:57:28 PM »

Read the command, look at the photo (I know you don't have to because it happens all the time in EO).

My own confession is to do the will of God, not follow the disobedience that has been passed down post 300 A.D.   

"Let us go into His dwelling place; Let us worship at His footstool." (Ps. 131:7)

"Come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker." (Ps. 94:6) - Most Orthodox services begin with this admonition repeated thrice. Latin Matins also begin with this Psalm and the rubrics prescribe kneeling when this verse is spoken.

I wish there was a photo of Temple worship so I could post it here. But you've read Hebrews - you know what was in there:

"The Holy of Holies,having a golden altar of incense and the ark of the covenant covered on all sides with gold, in which was a golden jar holding the manna, and Aaron’s rod which budded, and the tables of the covenant; and above it were the cherubim of glory overshadowing the mercy seat." (Hebrews 9:3-5)

As for bowing down before Saints (who are not rival gods of the sky, earth or underworld, therefore their icons cannot be idols = something which replaces God), if God forbids honouring them in this way, then how do you explain these Patriarchal blessings?

Isaac to Jacob: "May peoples serve you, and nations bow down to you; be master of your brothers, and may your mother's sons bow down to you. Cursed be those who curse you, and blessed be those who bless you." (Gen. 27:29)

Jacob to Judah: "Judah, your brothers shall praise you; your hand shall be on the neck of your enemies; your father's sons shall bow down to you." (Gen. 49:8 )

* "Worship" and "prostration/bowing down" are synonymous gestures in the original languages (proskynesis, hishtahava).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 10:15:48 PM by Romaios » Logged
SavedByChrist94

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Born-Again

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2013, 01:09:41 AM »

They think if they tell themselves something enough times, it will become true.  They aren’t the ones who worry me.  The ones who worry me are those who accept only the parts they like and disregard the parts they don’t.  Cherry picking Christianity. 

I second the suggestion of Mere Christianity.

Give us examples of cherry picking, if you mean that they do certain sins(evils) then we agree, but with things that aren't sin(homosexuality, premarital sex, sexual attraction), then there is hypocrisy as one would call things not sin, a sin, proving 1 Timothy 4 True.

The hypocrisy is saying sin is not sin.  Cherry picking.

Nope, like it or not, Homosexuality and Premarital sex aren't sin.

For example All Leviticus Death sentenced laws are repeated in Deuteronomy, yet in Deuteronomy Homosexuality is nowhere to be found and Temple Prostitution is Sentenced to death, which proves just like the other evidence, that Homosexuality isn't condemned in The Old Testament, but Temple Prostitution is.

Premarital sex, word for Fornication meant Sexual Immorality or Whoredom in Context of Paul's letters, added with The Fact that God would have stated it as sin in Old Testament.

No cherry picking, just well cared studying, studying God's Word, not what man says.
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2013, 01:14:45 AM »

but with things that aren't sin(homosexuality, premarital sex, sexual attraction)

Do you read the Scriptures with blindfolds on or something?

No, he just went the Thomas Jefferson route and threw out the parts he didn't like.

Notice the assumption and slander?

1, I am not Homosexual and do not have any friends, etc who are Homosexual, so what do I have to gain, I have no problem if it's a sin, I know it's not a sin, because it was never stated to be a sin and Jesus Christ said to accept eunuchs  as they are.

2, I actually would have an incline for waiting for marriage because it's sexy and loving, however Bible doesn't say it's a sin, anywhere, and I won't commit sin by calling what isn't sin a sin.

1 Corinthians 4:13  When slandered, we entreat. We have become, and are still, like the scum of the world, the refuse of all things.
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2013, 01:18:59 AM »

but with things that aren't sin(homosexuality, premarital sex, sexual attraction)

Nope I read The Bible with my eyes open, if I didn't I'd be committing life ruining sins, I used to believe homosexual, premarital sex, and even sexual attraction to be a sin, when this was made up by man, not God(The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit)

For Homosexuality, Every sin punishable by death is repeated in Deuteronomy, yet in Deut. it isn't there but Temple Prostitution is.

For Premarital Sex, see Acts420 he utterly destroyed the man made doctrine of premarital sex being sin

For Sexual Attraction, God(The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit) never condemned it, yet promoted it, Matt. 5:27-28 in Greek is about Adultery not "lusting", God created sex and sexual desires, and God promotes sexual desires(By Solomon),

Proverbs 5:

15 Drink water from your own cistern,
    running water from your own well.
16 Should your springs overflow in the streets,
    your streams of water in the public squares?
17 Let them be yours alone,
    never to be shared with strangers.
18 May your fountain be blessed,
    and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.
19 A loving doe, a graceful deer—
    may her breasts satisfy you always,
    may you ever be intoxicated with her love.
20 Why, my son, be intoxicated with another man’s wife?
    Why embrace the bosom of a wayward woman?

What I notice is that everything that is sin harms another person(or themselves) unjustly.
You bought the propaganda hook, line and sinker, then asked for more. 

What propaganda, getting mad at hypocrite pharisees who burden others cause "atheism"(which I hate, a pharisee is basically an "atheist") to others, and rebellion when it is all false man made stuff added to God's Word?

Sorry but the only propaganda here is yours, I'm trying to bring people to Jesus Christ, people say God wants us or requires us to suffer in order to be His disciple when He said you should be WIILLNG and carry through(martyrdom) suffering if necessary, not that you have to suffer, as Jesus Christ said,

Matthew 11: 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Kerdy
Taxiarches

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2013, 01:21:00 AM »

Like it or not, they most certainly are.
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2013, 02:14:24 AM »

Ok then, where is Homosexuality mentioned in Deuteronomy? All crimes punishable by death in Leviticus Law are repeated in Deuteronomy.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2013, 02:21:30 AM »

I'm certain about what I believe.  My practice (praxis) may not be where I want it to be; however, my faith isn't based on preponderance of the evidence but absolute belief in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.

But isn't that a rather meaningless statement?

I don't see it that way.  I was taught that Roman Catholicism and the Protestant religions fell away from the Orthodox.  While I've attended services at other Christian churches (including Assemblies of God), I knew that they were not part of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.  To me, professing belief in the Orthodox Church is not a meaningless statement.

I used to confess the same thing as a Lutheran.  So do Anglicans.  So to Roman Catholics for that matter.  And, each claim to be that Church.  I am certain, based on the preponderance of what I have read, that they are wrong.  But I was not born believing that, nor did I spend the first 33 years of my life believing that.

What convinced you that the Orthodox Church "filled the holes" you described earlier?   Huh
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2013, 03:04:18 AM »

and Jesus Christ said to accept eunuchs  as they are.

Are you not aware that a eunuch is a castrated male, and not a homosexual?  Roll Eyes
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2013, 04:43:40 AM »

and Jesus Christ said to accept eunuchs  as they are.

Are you not aware that a eunuch is a castrated male, and not a homosexual?  Roll Eyes

Matthew 19:12 For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

Wasn't aware that someone can be born Castrated.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 04:44:12 AM by SavedByChrist94 » Logged
Kerdy
Taxiarches

« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2013, 04:48:01 AM »

Ok then, where is Homosexuality mentioned in Deuteronomy? All crimes punishable by death in Leviticus Law are repeated in Deuteronomy.

Look, if you want to play "rewrite and interpret scripture" all I ask is you play it with someone else.  I have been around long enough, heard enough, seen enough, studied enough, dissected enough and refuted enough of this type of argument in my life with enough people to last six lifetimes.  You simply are wrong and nothing you attempt to twist or say will ever, ever, ever change this fact.

The seven of eight definitions of toevah, all of which mean the same thing except the one you choose, within the context of what we are discussing, argument fails miserably, every time.  This is what I meant some time ago when I said “revisionist theology” when people change the original to fit what they want it to be today.  
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 04:49:09 AM by Kerdy » Logged
Kerdy
Taxiarches

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2013, 04:49:59 AM »

Where is the Trinity mentioned in the whole of the Scriptures?
Kerdy
Taxiarches

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2013, 04:54:20 AM »

Are you not aware that a eunuch is a castrated male, and not a homosexual?  Roll Eyes

In this context it means males born without testicles, a deformity.  Still, I wonder what it has to do with this discussion.  In this context its meaning is some people can still (or best) serve God as a single person, by devoting their life to celebacy.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 04:55:47 AM by Kerdy » Logged
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2013, 06:01:25 AM »

Look, if you want to play "rewrite and interpret scripture" all I ask is you play it with someone else.  I have been around long enough, heard enough, seen enough, studied enough, dissected enough and refuted enough of this type of argument in my life with enough people to last six lifetimes.  You simply are wrong and nothing you attempt to twist or say will ever, ever, ever change this fact.

The seven of eight definitions of toevah, all of which mean the same thing except the one you choose, within the context of what we are discussing, argument fails miserably, every time.  This is what I meant some time ago when I said “revisionist theology” when people change the original to fit what they want it to be today.  

"Look, if you want to play "rewrite and interpret scripture" all I ask is you play it with someone else."

Yet I'm not doing that, I post clear Scripture.

" I have been around long enough, heard enough, seen enough, studied enough, dissected enough and refuted enough of this type of argument in my life with enough people to last six lifetimes."

Oh stop boasting.

"  You simply are wrong and nothing you attempt to twist or say will ever, ever, ever change this fact."

What fact? I provide Scripture, are you saying what you say without Scripture to back it up is a Fact over Scripture?

"The seven of eight definitions of toevah, all of which mean the same thing except the one you choose, within the context of what we are discussing, argument fails miserably, every time.  This is what I meant some time ago when I said “revisionist theology” when people change the original to fit what they want it to be today. "

That isn't the argument, The Fact is evidence shows Leviticus is Temple Prostitution, added with the fact that every sin punishable by death is repeated in Deuteronomy, Homosexuality is not in Deuteronomy, yet Temple Prostitution is, Homosexuality is not a sin, Temple Prostitution is.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 06:02:18 AM by SavedByChrist94 » Logged
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2013, 06:03:09 AM »

Genesis 1:26-27
John 1
Baptism of Jesus Christ
1 John 5:7
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2013, 06:09:22 AM »

In this context it means males born without testicles, a deformity.  Still, I wonder what it has to do with this discussion.  In this context its meaning is some people can still (or best) serve God as a single person, by devoting their life to celebacy.

Castration is getting the testicles/genital area removed, one cannot be born getting their testicles removed, you are either born with them or not.

Also enunches were known to be Homosexual, watch this,

"Bust of Ulpian,
AD 172-223

“The name of eunuch is a general one; under it come [1] those who are eunuchs by nature [born eunuchs], [2] those who are made eunuchs [by castration or crushing], and [3] any other kind of eunuchs [those who voluntarily abstain from marriage].”"

1 mentions being born that way

2 mentions castration

3 mentions celebacy/abstainence

Also celebacy is an option, not an obligation.

http://www.well.com/user/aquarius/thesis.htm
Kerdy
Taxiarches

« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2013, 06:19:39 AM »

"Look, if you want to play "rewrite and interpret scripture" all I ask is you play it with someone else."

Yet I'm not doing that, I post clear Scripture.

" I have been around long enough, heard enough, seen enough, studied enough, dissected enough and refuted enough of this type of argument in my life with enough people to last six lifetimes."

Oh stop boasting.

"  You simply are wrong and nothing you attempt to twist or say will ever, ever, ever change this fact."

What fact? I provide Scripture, are you saying what you say without Scripture to back it up is a Fact over Scripture?

"The seven of eight definitions of toevah, all of which mean the same thing except the one you choose, within the context of what we are discussing, argument fails miserably, every time.  This is what I meant some time ago when I said “revisionist theology” when people change the original to fit what they want it to be today. "

That isn't the argument, The Fact is evidence shows Leviticus is Temple Prostitution, added with the fact that every sin punishable by death is repeated in Deuteronomy, Homosexuality is not in Deuteronomy, yet Temple Prostitution is, Homosexuality is not a sin, Temple Prostitution is.

Friend, I have said it in the clearest way I know how.  You are wrong.

Temple Prostitution, huh? Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 06:21:53 AM by Kerdy » Logged
Kerdy
Taxiarches

« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2013, 06:21:09 AM »

John 1
Baptism of Jesus Christ

The word Trinity does not appear in the verses.  Is this another "cherry picking" moment on your part?  Believe what you WANT to believe rather than what is clearly true?
Kerdy
Taxiarches

« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2013, 06:23:37 AM »

Castration is getting the testicles/genital area removed, one cannot be born getting their testicles removed, you are either born with them or not.

"Bust of Ulpian,
AD 172-223

“The name of eunuch is a general one; under it come [1] those who are eunuchs by nature [born eunuchs], [2] those who are made eunuchs [by castration or crushing], and [3] any other kind of eunuchs [those who voluntarily abstain from marriage].”"

2 mentions castration

I am not entirely certain what your point here is.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2013, 07:00:24 AM »

"Bust of Ulpian,
AD 172-223

2 mentions castration

Were you here under another name before? Because there were a couple of posters who had the exact same arguments as you, including some of the same phrases. Before you get all proud of yourself, three people aren't much of a crowd.
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2013, 07:14:13 AM »

John 1
Baptism of Jesus Christ

The word Trinity does not appear in the verses.  Is this another "cherry picking" moment on your part?  Believe what you WANT to believe rather than what is clearly true?

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in His own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.

God says let us and in our image, we know God create man in His own image, God said "Let us make mankind", so already we know God is more than one person, yet One God, One Being, on that verse alone.

John 1:1 In The Beginning was The Word, and The Word was with God, and The Word was God

So The Word is with God, yet is God, again, God is multiple person, now who is The Word?

2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

So He created everything

Next,

14 The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

So The Son is The Word and The Word is God, Jesus Christ is The Son, therefore Jesus Christ is God, as well as The Father, so now we know that The Father, and Jesus Christ is God.

18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

Bam.

Matthew 3: 16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

So The Spirit of God(God) descends on Christ and another voice says " “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” who is obviously The Father,

10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.[c] 14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. 15 The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, 16 for,

“Who has known the mind of the Lord
    so as to instruct him?
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2013, 07:16:22 AM »

"Bust of Ulpian,
AD 172-223

2 mentions castration

Were you here under another name before? Because there were a couple of posters who had the exact same arguments as you, including some of the same phrases. Before you get all proud of yourself, three people aren't much of a crowd.

Nope I'm SavedByChrist94, currenting appealing a ban on ChristianForums so that I may debate, once that goes through I won't be on this website as much and it's contrary to The Gospel doctrines
Kerdy
Taxiarches

« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2013, 07:39:47 AM »

John 1
Baptism of Jesus Christ

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

God says let us and in our image, we know God create man in His own image, God said "Let us make mankind", so already we know God is more than one person, yet One God, One Being, on that verse alone.

John 1:1 In The Beginning was The Word, and The Word was with God, and The Word was God

So The Word is with God, yet is God, again, God is multiple person, now who is The Word?

2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

So He created everything

Next,

14 The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

So The Son is The Word and The Word is God, Jesus Christ is The Son, therefore Jesus Christ is God, as well as The Father, so now we know that The Father, and Jesus Christ is God.

18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

Bam.

Matthew 3: 16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

So The Spirit of God(God) descends on Christ and another voice says " “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” who is obviously The Father,

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.[c] 14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. 15 The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, 16 for,

so as to instruct him?

Without the word Trinity in the Scriptures, you accept there is the Trinity, yet, without the word homosexual acts in association with sin, you deny it is sin.

Like I said, cherry picking.
Kerdy
Taxiarches

« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2013, 07:41:20 AM »

"Bust of Ulpian,
AD 172-223

2 mentions castration

The arguments sound the same because they are obtained from the same websites.  False prophets and teachers, that sort of thing.
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2013, 07:53:47 AM »

John 1
Baptism of Jesus Christ

So He created everything

Next,

Bam.

so as to instruct him?

Without the word Trinity in the Scriptures, you accept there is the Trinity, yet, without the word homosexual acts in association with sin, you deny it is sin.

If we are to assume that Homosexuality is a sin without any reference to it in The Bible, we can say that someone who looks less than beautiful commits sin or someone with dwarfism commits sin. throw your phariseeism away because it's  equivalent to satanism and "atheism"
Kerdy
Taxiarches

« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2013, 07:56:49 AM »

John 1
Baptism of Jesus Christ

So He created everything

Next,

Bam.

so as to instruct him?

If we are to assume that Homosexuality is a sin without any reference to it in The Bible, we can say that someone who looks less than beautiful commits sin or someone with dwarfism commits sin. throw your phariseeism away because it's  equivalent to satanism and "atheism"
And still you accept the Trinity.

BTW - There are several references to homosexuality throughout scripture.  Ignoring them won't change this.
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2013, 09:33:04 AM »

Homosexuals everywhere...
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2013, 09:38:20 AM »

Matthew 19:12 For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

Cryptorchidism (undescended testicles) would have been a well-known phenomenon to ancient peoples.  police
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2013, 09:38:20 AM »

SavedByChrist94, you must have missed Romans ch.1:

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

What say you, SavedByChrist94? Still want to claim homosexuality isn't a sin? Or isn't Romans part of your Bible?
Kerdy
Taxiarches

« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2013, 10:34:00 AM »

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

What say you, SavedByChrist94? Still want to claim homosexuality isn't a sin? Or isn't Romans part of your Bible?
There are several other verses people like him either disregard or devote months, even years, attempting to find a way to twist them to mean something else other than their original intent.  The despicable part is they think people are uneducated enough to actually fall for their scheme.  The truly sad part is many people do.  What they never count on is some people do not.
Kerdy
Taxiarches

« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2013, 10:35:54 AM »

Cryptorchidism (undescended testicles) would have been a well-known phenomenon to ancient peoples.  police
I imagine in the near future someone will say eunuch was ancient way of saying homosexual and they were “born that way” by using this verse.
Kerdy
Taxiarches

« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2013, 10:42:03 AM »

So, a possible conclusion based on the recent discussion could be:

People reject the Holy Scriptures/Christianity/The Church/”Whatever” as the result of its recent deluded messages being spread, no potency of truth, white washed version of its former self, lukewarm mediocrity, announcing there is no difference between them and how those people are already living their lives, so why bother.  

Just a shot in the dark, but I have been known to hit the target on occasion.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 10:50:37 AM by Kerdy » Logged
dcommini
Tha mi sgulan na Trianaid
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2013, 11:18:02 AM »

People reject the Holy Scriptures/Christianity/The Church/”Whatever” as the result of its recent deluded messages being spread, no potency of truth, white washed version of its former self, lukewarm mediocrity, announcing there is no difference between them and how those people are already living their lives, so why bother. 

This

No, he just went the Thomas Jefferson route and threw out the parts he didn't like.

And where would the assumption and slander be? All I have done is state an observation that you, like Thomas Jefferson, have discarded the parts of the Bible that you disagree with. Plenty of others have shown you what the Bible clearly says, and some have even tried to fix your errors regarding certain words.

You refuse to listen because you have your own version of the Bible that you are working with; it is either a physical or a mental version, but it is your version nonetheless.

Also, I never said that you are a homosexual or that you are currently engaging in fornication. So about that word assumption... You keep using that word but I do not think it means what you think it means.

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2013, 11:47:06 AM »

John 1
Baptism of Jesus Christ

So He created everything

Next,

Bam.

so as to instruct him?

BTW - There are several references to homosexuality throughout scripture.  Ignoring them won't change this.

Already then, where is Homosexuality mentioned in Deuteronomy? every death sentence Law from Leviticus, is repeated in Deuteronomy, yet in Deuteronomy it's missing, and instead Temple Prostitution is mentioned and condemned to Death, add that to the fact that Leviticus can mean and most likely is Temple Prostitution.

your Hell bound bigotry cannot change The Word of God,

Revelation 22:18 - I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2013, 11:49:33 AM »

John 1
Baptism of Jesus Christ

So He created everything

Next,

Bam.

so as to instruct him?

Because it is a Proven Fact that you failed to refute, John 1:1(I'd argue John's whole Gospel), Genesis 1:26-27, The Great Commission, 1 John 5:7, Acts, Hebrews 1 clearly says Jesus Christ is God, even The Father calls Him God,) unlike where Homosexuality has absolutely no mention.
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2013, 11:58:47 AM »

That is a defect caused by the fall, not Castration, try again. no one can be born castrated. add that to The Fact that eunuches could be homosexual and Jesus Christ wasn't specifying a defect evident by Him saying in Matthew 19:12,

" For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

The reference to marriage means it has to do with women, since that's the case, some were born to not be with a woman(we'll get to this next), some were made this way by other men(castration) and some are celibate. it has nothing to do with genitals but with women.

Now, to the 1st of being born that way, cannot be castration as one cannot be born castrated, that is removing the genitals, the other definition is celibacy, obviously you cannot be celibate at birth, however there is another meaning and that is homosexual, that is the only one which in context can be used.
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2013, 12:03:32 PM »

It's Our Bible or The Bible, or God's Word, saying your is "atheistic" talk.

Now, 1 even if Romans said homosexuality is shameful, still doesn't prove it to be sin, why? because 1 Cor 11:14 - Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him,

"by nature" means by culture, also having long hair isn't a sin, Jesus Christ(God) as a human being had long hair, so just on that you get refuted,

But, 2, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMruQcH504
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:04:29 PM by SavedByChrist94 » Logged
Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2013, 12:03:48 PM »

So you think you're a better exegete than Origen?  police
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:08:12 PM by Cyrillic » Logged

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
Romaios
Archon

Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2013, 12:06:57 PM »

Are you not aware that a eunuch is a castrated male, and not a homosexual?  Roll Eyes

Cryptorchidism (undescended testicles) would have been a well-known phenomenon to ancient peoples.  police

That is a defect caused by the fall, not Castration, try again. no one can be born castrated. add that to The Fact that eunuches could be homosexual and Jesus Christ wasn't specifying a defect evident by Him saying in Matthew 19:12,

" For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

The reference to marriage means it has to do with women, since that's the case, some were born to not be with a woman(we'll get to this next), some were made this way by other men(castration) and some are celibate. it has nothing to do with genitals but with women.

Now, to the 1st of being born that way, cannot be castration as one cannot be born castrated, that is removing the genitals, the other definition is celibacy, obviously you cannot be celibate at birth, however there is another meaning and that is homosexual, that is the only one which in context can be used.

Eunuch there means asexual (or refraining from sexual acts) - not homosexual. There's no way he was saying "some have become homosexual for the kingdom of heaven".
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:09:59 PM by Romaios » Logged
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2013, 12:09:19 PM »

There are several other verses people like him either disregard or devote months, even years, attempting to find a way to twist them to mean something else other than their original intent.  The despicable part is they think people are uneducated enough to actually fall for their scheme.  The truly sad part is many people do.  What they never count on is some people do not.

1, I have nothing to gain, I am not homosexual and I don't have homosexual friends. I condemned Homosexuality up until just, January, after careful study and guidence from The Holy Spirit

2, Homosexuality is not a sin, The Bible says it, that settles it, pharisees and "atheist" who twist The Gospel like yourself can step aside.

3, " The despicable part is they think people are uneducated enough to actually fall for their scheme.  The truly sad part is many people do.  What they never count on is some people do not."

What scheme? Truth that Homosexuality isn't a sin is a scheme to you? Truth is no scheme, as Jesus Christ said, "The Truth Shall Set You Free", if anything you twisting The Gospel for satan made doctrines Warned about in 1 Timothy 4, is what a scheme is.
Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2013, 12:12:18 PM »

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. (2 Timothy 4:3)"

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2013, 12:13:13 PM »

SBC, were you here under another name at one time? It's just you remind me of a few people.  Huh
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2013, 12:13:29 PM »

This

And where would the assumption and slander be? All I have done is state an observation that you, like Thomas Jefferson, have discarded the parts of the Bible that you disagree with. Plenty of others have shown you what the Bible clearly says, and some have even tried to fix your errors regarding certain words.

You refuse to listen because you have your own version of the Bible that you are working with; it is either a physical or a mental version, but it is your version nonetheless.

Also, I never said that you are a homosexual or that you are currently engaging in fornication. So about that word assumption... You keep using that word but I do not think it means what you think it means.

up until January, I was very bigoted towards homosexuals, and my OCD raised up after I found out that it isn't a sin, I don't pick parts I don't agree with, after study and Guidence by The Holy Spirit, just like The Holy Spirit gave me the answer to The Problem of Suffering, rendering it an dead argument, I found out that Homosexuality isn't a sin, I had alot of repenting to do, and found out after that, that it really isn't a sin and I was surpressing that Truth due to a prejudice of which The Lord Jesus Christ has delievered me from and hopefully you as well.
Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2013, 12:17:43 PM »

Time to shake the dust off my sandals.

-Dr. Samuel Johnson
SavedByChrist94

« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2013, 12:22:58 PM »

Cryptorchidism (undescended testicles) would have been a well-known phenomenon to ancient peoples.  police

Eunuch there means asexual (or refraining from sexual acts) - not homosexual. There's no way he was saying "some have become homosexual for the kingdom of heaven".

Who said that? Also eunuch even if one of it's definitions is asexual doesn't change the fact that it means abstaining from sex and castration ,both mentioned in that passage,

Castration(has nothing to do with asexuality) - " others were made that way by men;"

Celibacy - "others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven."

Passage obviously deals with women evident by:

"others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven."

So this has to do with marriage, ok so one can be unable to marry or have sex with a woman because they are 1, Castrated "" others were made that way by men;""

or

Due to celibacy - "others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven."

now your left with Asexuality and Homosexuality,

Now due to the fact that Jesus Christ(God) said, "others were made that way by men;" and you cannot be made asexual, it is therefore by that logi and the fact that eunuches can be homosexual, http://www.well.com/user/aquarius/thesis.htm Jesus Christ said some are born gay.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: