Author Topic: For an end to harassment.  (Read 353 times)

Offline Tikhon.of.Colorado

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
For an end to harassment.
« on: February 11, 2013, 08:17:19 PM »
There is a sophomore boy at school who no one likes.  I've tried to be friendly with him, but he's taken advantage of the kindness I've tried to show him.  He harasses me.  Verbal stuff I can take, but he harasses me physically in the locker room.  Not only this, but he harasses others at school.  He shows extreme disrespect to teachers. 

I feel bad for the kid, it seems like he needs attention.

Anywhoo, I've finally been around to the SRO's office, and filed a report against this kid.  I don't care what he says to me, but I can't take that he feels that he can touch me however he pleases while we're changing. 

Please help me pray that this kid will grow up.  I also hate conflict very much, which is why I haven't reported him before.  I'm afraid that this is going to snowball into a huge deal.  I don't want the kid to get expelled or something (not by my hands, anyway,) I just wish he'd get the message that he can't act this way.

Please join me in praying for him.  This is extremely difficult for me to do, as I don't like him much, but I'm trying.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 08:19:34 PM by trevor72694 »

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
Re: For an end to harassment.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 08:23:52 PM »
Lord have mercy!

Offline GTAsoldier

• Elder
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 08:58:10 PM »
Lord have mercy. I've had similar experiences myself back in junior high school (and to an extent high school). Hang in there, bro.
God be merciful to us sinners.

Quote from: IoanC
the best way of conveying God's love to people is through your own presence and deeds.
No longer posting on this forum. Thanks to all the helpful people who inspired me. God bless.

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 08:59:32 PM »
Lord have mercy. I've had similar experiences myself back in junior high school (and to an extent high school). Hang in there, bro.
Thank you very much.  I feel a bit silly, though.  I'm significantly bigger than this kid, and a bit more mature.  I don't want to just hit him, though I'll be carrying a can of pepper spray in my pocket to school until this blows over.

Offline Jason.Wike

• OC.net guru
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 09:15:08 PM »
Thank you very much.  I feel a bit silly, though.  I'm significantly bigger than this kid, and a bit more mature.  I don't want to just hit him, though I'll be carrying a can of pepper spray in my pocket to school until this blows over.

That is probably a bad idea. Even if it is in genuine self defence schools rarely are ok with it. Someone could be choking you and you hitting back could get you sent to juvenile detention around here (I know someone this actually happened to).

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 09:16:43 PM »

That is probably a bad idea. Even if it is in genuine self defence schools rarely are ok with it. Someone could be choking you and you hitting back could get you sent to juvenile detention around here (I know someone this actually happened to).

Good thinking.  Pepper spray is considered a weapon, after all. 

Offline Anastasia1

• My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Armenian
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 12:14:43 AM »
Lord have mercy.
Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 01:27:27 AM »
Lord have mercy.

Offline Maximum Bob

• Archon
  • Personal Text? We can have personal text?
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 02:02:08 AM »
Lord, have mercy on them both.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.

Offline marigold

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 11:47:25 PM »
Lord, have mercy on trevor72694 and on the young man whose behavior is causing him distress.