The Pope to resign?!?! / Pope Benedict XVI resigns / Pope set to resign on Feb. 28th

<< < (2/152) > >>

ironchapman:
Quote from: primuspilus on February 11, 2013, 08:02:01 AM

Just heard about it on the news...WOW!

So, Who do yall think will get the job?

Cardinals Marc Oeullet of Quebec and Peter Turkson of Ghana are the most papabile. Both of them seem like good choices (although I'm not a Catholic). It would probably be Francis Arinze of Nigeria's to lose if he wasn't 80 years old.

Of course, there could be an upset with some other choice.

Basil 320:
Shocking, but what a mark of gracious humility, respecting the office and putting the good of the church ahead of ego.  "Many Years" to His Holiness.

Cyrillic:
Benedict XVI was a great and erudite Pope. I think it's sad he resigns. I hope that an Eastern Catholic cardinal is elected Pope.

Romaios:
Quote from: Basil 320 on February 11, 2013, 08:12:57 AM

Shocking, but what a mark of gracious humility, respecting the office and putting the good of the church ahead of ego.  "Many Years" to His Holiness.

This way, he will have more of a say in who is elected to succeed him. Those Cardinals who owe him allegiance won't be able to change sides as freely as they would after his death.

Indeed a selfless, but wise move.

Αριστοκλής:
Quote from: Cyrillic on February 11, 2013, 08:22:59 AM

Benedict XVI was a great and erudite Pope. I think it's sad he resigns. I hope that an Eastern Catholic cardinal is elected Pope.

Trying..........to........hold......my......breath...(gasp)...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page