General Forums > Christian News

The Pope to resign?!?! / Pope Benedict XVI resigns / Pope set to resign on Feb. 28th

<< < (2/152) > >>

ironchapman:

--- Quote from: primuspilus on February 11, 2013, 08:02:01 AM ---Just heard about it on the news...WOW!

So, Who do yall think will get the job?

--- End quote ---

Cardinals Marc Oeullet of Quebec and Peter Turkson of Ghana are the most papabile. Both of them seem like good choices (although I'm not a Catholic). It would probably be Francis Arinze of Nigeria's to lose if he wasn't 80 years old.

Of course, there could be an upset with some other choice.

Basil 320:
Shocking, but what a mark of gracious humility, respecting the office and putting the good of the church ahead of ego.  "Many Years" to His Holiness.

Cyrillic:
Benedict XVI was a great and erudite Pope. I think it's sad he resigns. I hope that an Eastern Catholic cardinal is elected Pope.

Romaios:

--- Quote from: Basil 320 on February 11, 2013, 08:12:57 AM ---Shocking, but what a mark of gracious humility, respecting the office and putting the good of the church ahead of ego.  "Many Years" to His Holiness.

--- End quote ---

This way, he will have more of a say in who is elected to succeed him. Those Cardinals who owe him allegiance won't be able to change sides as freely as they would after his death.

Indeed a selfless, but wise move.

Αριστοκλής:

--- Quote from: Cyrillic on February 11, 2013, 08:22:59 AM ---Benedict XVI was a great and erudite Pope. I think it's sad he resigns. I hope that an Eastern Catholic cardinal is elected Pope.

--- End quote ---

Trying..........to........hold......my......breath...(gasp)...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version