General Forums > Christian News

The Pope to resign?!?! / Pope Benedict XVI resigns / Pope set to resign on Feb. 28th

(1/152) > >>

The Pope is to resign at the end of this month in an entirely unexpected development, the Vatican has confirmed.

--- Quote ---Dear Brothers,

I have convoked you to this Consistory, not only for the three canonisations, but also to communicate to you a decision of great importance for the life of the Church. After having repeatedly examined my conscience before God, I have come to the certainty that my strengths, due to an advanced age, are no longer suited to an adequate exercise of the Petrine ministry.

--- End quote ---

Editted for copyright policy - MK

--- Quote ---Pope Benedict XVI on Monday said he plans on resigning the papal office on February 28th. Below please find his announcement.
--- End quote ---

Wow this is incredible.

This is, what, the first time a Pope has resigned office in hundreds of years?! I can't imagine that he's just tired of the job, so it leads one to wonder what precipitated this. The Vatican is such a black box politically it's hard to say what's going on, but I fully expect some interesting leaks to be coming our way soon while people position themselves.

Just heard about it on the news...WOW!

So, Who do yall think will get the job?

--- Quote from: primuspilus on February 11, 2013, 08:02:01 AM ---Just heard about it on the news...WOW!

So, Who do yall think will get the job?

--- End quote ---
Peter the Roman

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version