Author Topic: Spritual stuff, Friend's rent  (Read 349 times)

Offline Anastasia1

• My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Armenian
Spritual stuff, Friend's rent
« on: February 11, 2013, 04:18:41 AM »
I've been giving into temptation a bit more lately, and need to change that. I've also been reading a book on that Divine Energy: The Orthodox Path to Christian Victory, which is kind of eye opening. I am hoping this and prayer and stuff will help me get stronger in my Christian walk.

One of my friends found out that she was losing her job. Her and her husband's tax refund will help cover them for a couple of months, but that is it.  She is looking at going back to school in a medical assistant program to help her get a job, but if she could get something to tide her over for a bit, it would be a big help.
Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)

Offline Justin Kissel

• Protospatharios
Re: Spritual stuff, Friend's rent
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 04:43:47 AM »
Lord have mercy!

Offline Symeon77

• 'with fear and trembling work out your salvation.'
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 01:16:51 PM »
I've been giving into temptation a bit more lately, and need to change that. I've also been reading a book on that Divine Energy: The Orthodox Path to Christian Victory, which is kind of eye opening. I am hoping this and prayer and stuff will help me get stronger in my Christian walk.

One of my friends found out that she was losing her job. Her and her husband's tax refund will help cover them for a couple of months, but that is it.  She is looking at going back to school in a medical assistant program to help her get a job, but if she could get something to tide her over for a bit, it would be a big help.

May the Lord strengthen you!

Will it be possible for your friend to collect unemployment insurance from her employer? This may be a worthwhile option for her while seeking a new job.

Either way, may the Lord provide for her!
Where Christianity disappears, greed, envy, and lust invent a thousand ideologies to justify themselves.~ Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Abba Anthony said, "A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him saying, 'You are mad, you are not like us.'"

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 01:27:01 PM »

May the Lord have mercy and help them in this difficult situation.
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline Maximum Bob

• Archon
  • Personal Text? We can have personal text?
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 02:03:17 AM »
Lord have mercy.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 02:12:51 AM »
Lord have mercy.

Offline marigold

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox