OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 04:52:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holocaust, Jew Control?  (Read 2454 times) Average Rating: 0
TristanCross
Chief Of Sinners
Elder

Faith: Former Christian

Romans 10:9-10

« on: February 10, 2013, 09:22:27 PM »

I've been talking to some people and saw some videos about how Jews control the media, government, economy, and are trying to destroy any sense of culture in America through these means. One of the ways they try to do this is multiculturalism.

What do you guys think of this? I saw an Orthodox monk on Youtube by the name of Brother Nathanael who makes videos about the topic.

I've also heard that the Holocaust wasn't what we think it is, and that people like Elie Weizel are lying about gas chambers and such. Apparently Hitler sought to remove the Jews, not wipe them out. Though many Jews and others did die while at concentration camps (mostly from starvation and disease, a opposed to murder via gas chambers).
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 09:46:38 PM by TristanCross » Logged

"Let the mouth also fast from disgraceful speeches and railings. For what does it profit if we abstain from fish and fowl and yet bite and devour our brothers and sisters? The evil speaker eats the flesh of his brother and bites the body of his neighbor. "
— St. John Chrysostom
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 09:41:54 PM »

This thread is almost funny as this thread.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 09:44:23 PM »

Here is a link to something from the Patriarchal Archons of St.George which is more edifying than the "source" you mentioned.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=dHMaDmwwtPI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DdHMaDmwwtPI
Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 09:54:11 PM »

I've been talking to some people and saw some videos about how Jews control the media, government, economy, and are trying to destroy any sense of culture in America through these means. One of the ways they try to do this is multiculturalism.

What do you guys think of this? I saw an Orthodox monk on Youtube by the name of Brother Nathanael who makes videos about the topic.

I've also heard that the Holocaust wasn't what we think it is, and that people like Elie Weizel are lying about gas chambers and such. Apparently Hitler sought to remove the Jews, not wipe them out. Though many Jews and others did die while at concentration camps (mostly from starvation and disease, a opposed to murder via gas chambers).

Even nazi-sympathiser and the king of holocaust revisionism, David Irving, has had to amend his positions considerably in recent years due to the overwhelming evidence, although he still maintains that Hitler was unaware of the full extent of the operations.
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

When in doubt, say: "you lack the proper φρόνημα"

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 09:57:20 PM »

Dude, Tristan.

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
pmpn8rGPT
Grammar Nazi in three languages.
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Eastern Orthodox (old calendarist)

Proof that Russia won the Space Race.

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 09:58:27 PM »

I misunderstood the question, my badness  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtlrc1p20dU
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 10:18:23 PM by pmpn8rGPT » Logged

"Tomorrow, I shall no longer be here."
-Nostradamus's last words.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 10:10:13 PM »

Nathanael is not an Orthodox monk He only plays on on You Tube.

The Holocaust did happen. The only people who say it did not are people who have an agenda and twist history for that purpose.

Saying Hitler wanted only to remove the Jews, not wipe them out, ignores a ton of evidence and falls back on Nazi propaganda.

Destroying culture in America? What culture? Yogurt has more culture. Truly, much of the work has already been done to destroy and degrade society has been done by non-Jews.

Also, who are Jews? They can't even settle this satisfactorily in Israel. Are they religious adherents? Members of an ethnic group? Are they self-identified or identified by lineage? The fact that defining who is a Jew is not a settled process and depends on who is doing the defining really breaks down the conspiracy theory, I think. It's like if you say Greek Orthodox Christians rule the world. Who are they? Are they all ethnically Greek? What about Cat Stevens?

You need to change the people you talk to and the videos you watch, really.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 10:12:26 PM »

Even nazi-sympathiser and the king of holocaust revisionism, David Irving, has had to amend his positions considerably in recent years due to the overwhelming evidence, although he still maintains that Hitler was unaware of the full extent of the operations.

In spite of all the evidence to the contrary. Ugh.

It reminds me of an episode of Vicar of Dibley where a man picked to play Herod in the Christmas pageant insisted that Herod's order to kill the children in Bethlehem was simply misheard, and he really said, "kiss the children."

If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 10:23:01 PM »

In spite of all the evidence to the contrary. Ugh.

It reminds me of an episode of Vicar of Dibley where a man picked to play Herod in the Christmas pageant insisted that Herod's order to kill the children in Bethlehem was simply misheard, and he really said, "kiss the children."

Indeed, but it can only be good news when even Irving - whose older works are what you'll hear referred to by almost every single holocaust denier - has said quite clearly that you have to be an idiot to deny the holocaust.
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 10:31:57 PM »

Here is a link to something from the Patriarchal Archons of St.George which is more edifying than the "source" you mentioned.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=dHMaDmwwtPI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DdHMaDmwwtPI

The above link did not work for me. This one did:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHMaDmwwtPI

Thank you Podkarpatska!
Symeon77

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese

'with fear and trembling work out your salvation.'

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 11:19:22 PM »

I am familiar with some of these ideas. Less so with the holocaust revisionists because I have never been impelled to look much into that aspect. The scope of the holocaust, barring discrepancies of plus or minus 1 million souls, seems a point beyond much dispute. Professor Kevin MacDonald, for instance, has marshalled some fairly impressive evidence, relying on solid historical sources- in many cases derived from Jewish historians and journalists- for the distinctive role of Jewish lobbies and financiers in the Bolshevik revolution, the drastic immigration reforms in the U.S., and the Neo-Conservative takeover of U.S. foreign policy to take but a few examples. So there is some food for thought there, certainly.

The question I find myself asking is: what effect does focusing on such ideas have on my life as a Christian? I have come to the conclusion that many of the people who spend a great deal of time interrogating these matters seem to inflate this into a meta-narrative and wind up engaging exclusively with information that conforms to their orientation. So there is always a danger that it will become an idee fixe. For me, life is simply too short for this sort of pre-occupation taking up much space.

However, if you find you can study these matters in a rational, charitable and disinterested fashion without succumbing to paranoia or hatred of your neighbor or being consumed by a rigid ideology, then more power to you. But as human beings we are easily tempted, so I would urge caution to anyone still struggling to be cleansed of the blameworthy passions in pursuing these questions to any great extent (probably the biggest reason I have had to lay it aside.)  I would honestly advise talking to your priest or spiritual father about it and see whether he approves of you pursuing such areas of study.

By all means avoid the internet as a primary means of gleaning information, especially the videos. Stick to academic histories. The aforementioned Prof. MacDonald's works are frankly too speculative. His facts are hard to dispute but the conclusions are debateable. 'Esau's Tears: Modern Anti-Semitism and the Rise of the Jews' by Professor Albert Lindemann is pretty free of speculation or prejudice, and provides a good overview of the socio-political context of the origins of what we are still struggling with to this day.

Where Christianity disappears, greed, envy, and lust invent a thousand ideologies to justify themselves.~ Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Abba Anthony said, "A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him saying, 'You are mad, you are not like us.'"
podkarpatska
Merarches

Pokrov

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 11:26:39 PM »

The above link did not work for me. This one did:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHMaDmwwtPI

Thank you Podkarpatska!

I was present at the 1999 Archon presentation to Elie Weisel in New York. His address upon accepting the Athenogoras award was powerful and stuck with me over the years. I remember the remarks introducing Mr. Weisel as well as the video produced by the Archons.

The nonsense spewed by the likes of the so-called "brother" aren't worth the bandwidth used to post them and his ramblings are not reflective of real Orthodox teaching. I, for one, as someone related to and a friend of numerous good and faithful Orthodox clergy and monastics, will not acknowledge Kepner with any honorific. Doing so would dishonor those who have earned the use of such titles. A real novice monk would never wear a pectoral cross and engage in the hate filled self aggrandizement found on his postings.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 11:30:31 PM »

I would hop Weisel didn't speak about "forgiving God" (for His crimes) in the address.

Ionnis
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 11:51:30 PM »

I think you should stop talking to such people.  They are an evil influence.  They are not of God.  The Jews cannot be blamed for anything and everything.  We must look within ourselves.  We are responsible for the world's failings.  Our Lord's exhortation to the Church in Ephesus is needed now more than ever:

“To the angel of the church in Ephesus write: ‘The words of him who holds the seven stars in his right hand, who walks among the seven golden lampstands. “‘I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear with those who are evil, but have tested those who call themselves apostles and are not, and found them to be false. I know you are enduring patiently and bearing up for my name's sake, and you have not grown weary. But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first. Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent." (Revelation 2:1-5)

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 05:36:42 AM »

I was correct.

Gay -> Jew bashing.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 05:39:11 AM »

I would hop Weisel didn't speak about "forgiving God" (for His crimes) in the address.

Why not? It was legitimate issue for many Jews. And a sane reaction to the "problem of evil". I'm no Weisel fan, but if you haven't considered whether you ought to forgive God in your life, then you are a true atheist, or have known almost no suffering, or are a true Saint.

Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Jerkodox

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 07:08:02 AM »

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 08:01:23 AM »

Can we get Br Nathaniel to sign up on these boards and post?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Santagranddad
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: ROCA

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 09:28:15 AM »

If your wish was granted it may be you would come to regret it, methinks.
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Moderated
Toumarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 09:36:55 AM »

He was a member here, but he was banned a few years ago after posting a handful of times. A wise decision, IMHO.

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1667
TristanCross
Chief Of Sinners
Elder

Faith: Former Christian

Romans 10:9-10

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 09:43:20 AM »

I have his phone number :p

"Let the mouth also fast from disgraceful speeches and railings. For what does it profit if we abstain from fish and fowl and yet bite and devour our brothers and sisters? The evil speaker eats the flesh of his brother and bites the body of his neighbor. "
— St. John Chrysostom
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2013, 10:02:38 AM »

Or find our lost friend, sdcheung.

Wonder where Φοτιος went?

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
podkarpatska
Merarches

Pokrov

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2013, 01:17:21 PM »

I read the four posts which got him banned. I suspect that it would take fewer than that should  he somehow rejoin and post his latest obsessions.
Punch
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2013, 02:41:21 PM »

I have never thought of the Holocaust as a form of Jew Control, but I guess one could make that connection.

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013, 03:23:59 PM »

He was a member here, but he was banned a few years ago after posting a handful of times. A wise decision, IMHO.

In second thought, you are right.

I had no idea he was associated with Gregory in Colorado. LOL that makes it even funnier.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2013, 04:05:59 PM »

Why not? It was legitimate issue for many Jews. And a sane reaction to the "problem of evil". I'm no Weisel fan, but if you haven't considered whether you ought to forgive God in your life, then you are a true atheist, or have known almost no suffering, or are a true Saint.

One of the sanest, clearest comments of yours that I've read on this board.

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Charles Martel
Traditional Roman Catholic
Warned
Archon

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: New york

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2013, 08:18:15 PM »

One of the sanest, clearest comments of yours that I've read on this board.
Really? This clown and Weasel or Wisel or whatever his name is actually would consider whether they should forgive the
Almighty? I don't think I ever seen such a display of vanity and arrogance. But, then again, I don't think these type of  people are true believers.

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2013, 08:51:41 PM »

I had no idea he was associated with Gregory in Colorado. LOL that makes it even funnier.

I think a couple people call him a bishop or archbishop.

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2013, 09:06:56 PM »

Or find our lost friend, sdcheung.

Wonder where Φοτιος went?
sdcheung got himself banned from this site for being an incorrigibly racist troll.

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=439
Nephi
Monster Tamer
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Non-Chalcedonian Byzantine
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church of Antioch

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2013, 09:20:47 PM »

Didn't we just have this thread the other day? If it weren't for these threads, I wouldn't have even known he existed.
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2013, 10:02:12 PM »

Holocaust Uncovered (1945)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tGwjwK9pIM&list=LLaXD6NDxEvClvikwFUDUiAw

I recently acquired the knowledge that I have distant relatives who perished in Bergen-Belsen camp.  After doing copious reading on the Holocaust and this particular camp, I can report that those who hold the opinion the OP expresses are full of crap and aught to have the sense beat into them.

Didn't we already have this thread?  "Brother Nathaniel" is crazy.  And not a monk.  He may call himself one and play dress up, but he's not a monk by any stretch of the imagination.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 10:04:51 PM by trevor72694 » Logged

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2013, 10:04:13 PM »

I think a couple people call him a bishop or archbishop.

That guy is nearly as nutty as "Bro. Nathaniel."  I love my state, other than the fires, shootings, and schismatic heritics.

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
Deep Roots
Elder

Jurisdiction: Catholic

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2013, 10:10:17 PM »

still can't get over the title of this thread.

Peace.
Nephi
Monster Tamer
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Non-Chalcedonian Byzantine
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church of Antioch

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2013, 10:10:32 PM »

I can report that those who hold the opinion the OP expresses are full of crap and aught to have the sense beat into them.

There have been at least a couple philosophers that have recommended something similar to this, but generally in reference to (external-world) skeptics. It may be possible to extrapolate - just kidding. Wink
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 10:10:49 PM by Nephi » Logged
Charles Martel
Traditional Roman Catholic
Warned
Archon

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: New york

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2013, 05:25:30 PM »

I recently acquired the knowledge that I have distant relatives who perished in Bergen-Belsen camp.  After doing copious reading on the Holocaust and this particular camp, I can report that those who hold the opinion the OP expresses are full of crap and aught to have the sense beat into them.
Didn't we already have this thread?  "Brother Nathaniel" is crazy.  And not a monk.  He may call himself one and play dress up, but he's not a monk by any stretch of the imagination.
So you want to pound someone just for asking a legitimate question? Lighten up tough guy. All you holocaust worshippers crack me up. the minute anyone dares to question anything about that industry, you're willing to just about kill someone over it. That alone proves most of you are paranoid and insecure about all the facts pertained to everything that really happened back then.

And all this talk about Bro Nathaniel is amusing, that guy is smarter and more well read than about 90 percent of this forum, I believe he would slam just about anyone on here in a one on one debate concerning Jewish issues and the Church. That is if he was ever to get half the chance.

I also would like someone  on here to prove without a doubt this man is an illigitmate Orhtodox cleric.

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2013, 05:30:54 PM »

So you want to pound someone just for asking a legitimate question? Lighten up tough guy. All you holocaust worshippers crack me up. the minute anyone dares to question anything about that industry, you're willing to just about kill someone over it. That alone proves most of you are paranoid and insecure about all the facts pertained to everything that really happened back then.

No, I'm being humorous.  Of course no one should die for an opinion.  You overestimate my feelings just a tad. 

I'm not "paranoid and insecure about facts."  We "Holocaust worshipers" (terribly stupid term) are merely upset because people doubt one of the worst bouts of persecution and execution in European history.  Some of us have familial connections to the victims. 

Would you tell a person of African descent that the oppression of their people never happened or is somehow not as bad as they make it out to be? 

Punch
Taxiarches

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2013, 05:33:21 PM »

After Germany's program of Jew Control in the 1940's, my Grandmother noticed that most of the shops where she lived were owned by Jews.  She once commented "If we killed so many of them, where did all of these come from?"  

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2013, 05:35:07 PM »

After Germany's program of Jew Control in the 1940's, my Grandmother noticed that most of the shops where she lived were owned by Jews.  She once commented "If we killed so many of them, where did all of these come from?"  

We'll living NYC would confound someone I guess.

Punch
Taxiarches

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2013, 05:38:58 PM »

We'll living NYC would confound someone I guess.

Yeah, but the Americans were not alleged to be having the world's largest Jew-B-Q.

J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2013, 05:40:46 PM »

A few did manage to survive, much to the chagrin of some people.  Besides, you probably know that not all Jews were in Europe in the 1930's and 1940's.

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2013, 05:41:59 PM »

A few did manage to survive, much to the chagrin of some people.  Besides, you probably know that not all Jews were in Europe in the 1930's and 1940's.
Exactly.  My grandmother's family moved from Germany to NJ before the wars.

Punch
Taxiarches

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2013, 05:42:42 PM »

True, of course.  But why would any want to move there so shortly after the war?

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2013, 05:47:42 PM »

True, of course.  But why would any want to move there so shortly after the war?

You'd have to ask them.  I've never figured out why those who survived the Holocaust and stayed there would want to do so.  But then, there is a multitude of things I've never figured out.

Deep Roots
Elder

Jurisdiction: Catholic

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2013, 05:53:03 PM »

Interesting comment.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 05:54:19 PM by Deep Roots » Logged

Peace.
Punch
Taxiarches

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2013, 05:53:44 PM »

You'd have to ask them.  I've never figured out why those who survived the Holocaust and stayed there would want to do so.  But then, there is a multitude of things I've never figured out.

That makes two of us.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: