OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 01, 2014, 10:04:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a DVD of the Divine Liturgy  (Read 776 times) Average Rating: 0
TinaG
I am not a pessimist - I'm just grimly realistic!
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

If only my family were this normal !

« on: February 10, 2013, 09:06:42 PM »

I manage our church's small bookstore and I had a parishioner ask if I could find him a DVD of the Divine Liturgy (St. John Chrysostom).  He and his wife are in their 80's and drive 250+ miles round trip to get to Sunday Liturgy.  (They live in a very remote little town in southwest Texas near the Border).  They realize they may have greater difficulty in driving to church and want to get a DVD of the Liturgy that they can follow along with.  It's certainly not a substitute for being in Church but it's something.  I've searched several Orthodox publishers and suppliers of Orthodox products and have been unable to find anything.  I found a couple of DVDs that were more of an instruction on the meaning of the Liturgy but not what they are looking for.  I think there are a few churches that stream live Liturgies but don't believe they're in an area of great internet access or at least high speed.

Anyone have any suggestions or know of any sources for such a DVD?  My other thought was to have someone video our own parish's Liturgy and transfer it to DVD for them.

Thanks

On the spiritual path somewhere between the Simpsons and St. Theophan the Recluse, but I still can't see the Springfield city limits sign yet.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 05:01:03 AM »

I couldn't find anything online, but I wanted to bump the topic...

"Change is the process of becoming more like who we are."
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 10:52:12 PM »

i would ask a local priest to help you out.  there's nothing like the local touch.  Plus that way you have someone local who has you on their radar. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: