Video: Enthronement of Patriarch John X of Antioch

<< < (7/7)

mike:
Who represented the OCA?

arimethea:
Quote from: Michał Kalina on February 21, 2013, 12:37:25 PM

Who represented the OCA?

Archbishop Benjamin, and Bishop Irenee. The can be seen sitting with the Orthodox dignitaries on the right side of the solea.

sheenj:
Quote from: Cyrillic on February 18, 2013, 05:26:30 PM

Quote from: Dominika on February 18, 2013, 05:22:18 PM

Quote from: Cyrillic on February 18, 2013, 05:40:30 AM

Quote from: ag_vn on February 18, 2013, 04:17:03 AM

Quote from: Cyrillic on February 17, 2013, 10:53:53 AM

Interesting that they used different languages. I could recognise Arabic, Greek, German and French.

There was also English, Church Slavonic and Portuguese. The only represented local Eastern Orthodox Church was the Bulgarian Patriarchate by Metropolitan Nathaniel of Nevrokop. Although his speech was in Greek, at the great entrance he commemorated Patriarch John in Church Slavonic. Metropolitan Damaskinos of Sao Paolo and Brazil commemorated him in Portuguese. And a part of some litany was in English.

I also heard Italian. At first I thought it was Latin  :D

For sure there was Italian, but I think in the first litany (ekteny) there was Latin too.

Yes, at the twelve minute mark! That's strange but awesome!

Was there any Syriac used? I remember reading that some circles in Antioch were trying to incorporate more of their Syriac Heritage into their services.

Dominika:
Quote from: sheenj on February 21, 2013, 12:55:41 PM

Quote from: Cyrillic on February 18, 2013, 05:26:30 PM

Quote from: Dominika on February 18, 2013, 05:22:18 PM

Quote from: Cyrillic on February 18, 2013, 05:40:30 AM

Quote from: ag_vn on February 18, 2013, 04:17:03 AM

Quote from: Cyrillic on February 17, 2013, 10:53:53 AM

Interesting that they used different languages. I could recognise Arabic, Greek, German and French.

There was also English, Church Slavonic and Portuguese. The only represented local Eastern Orthodox Church was the Bulgarian Patriarchate by Metropolitan Nathaniel of Nevrokop. Although his speech was in Greek, at the great entrance he commemorated Patriarch John in Church Slavonic. Metropolitan Damaskinos of Sao Paolo and Brazil commemorated him in Portuguese. And a part of some litany was in English.

I also heard Italian. At first I thought it was Latin  :D

For sure there was Italian, but I think in the first litany (ekteny) there was Latin too.

Yes, at the twelve minute mark! That's strange but awesome!

Was there any Syriac used? I remember reading that some circles in Antioch were trying to incorporate more of their Syriac Heritage into their services.

Unfortunately not. Frankly speaking, I've heard only one EO Antiochian recordrng in Syriac - Paschal troparion on the website of the Hamatoura Monastery

Fotina02:
At Patriarch John X of Antioch’s enthronement celebrations in Beirut:

Prayers were said in Arabic, Greek, Latin, Church Slavonic, Georgian, Serbian, Romanian, Czech, French, English and German.

https://mospat.ru/en/2013/02/18/news81261/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page