Video: Enthronement of Patriarch John X of Antioch

<< < (6/7) > >>

Dominika:
Quote from: Michał Kalina on February 18, 2013, 05:23:14 PM

Quote from: Dominika on February 18, 2013, 05:22:18 PM

On the last Sunday a solemn Liturgy in Beirut took place. There were also some bishops outside Antiochian Patriarchate (actually, all jurisdictions except Bulgarian one because of patriarchal elections). Here you can watch this Liturgy.

Who represented ours?

Archibishop Abel. You can read about it here (as you can easily notice, this article was edited by me)

Quote from: Cyrillic on February 18, 2013, 05:26:30 PM

Quote from: Cyrillic on February 18, 2013, 05:40:30 AM

Quote from: ag_vn on February 18, 2013, 04:17:03 AM

Quote from: Cyrillic on February 17, 2013, 10:53:53 AM

Interesting that they used different languages. I could recognise Arabic, Greek, German and French.

There was also English, Church Slavonic and Portuguese. The only represented local Eastern Orthodox Church was the Bulgarian Patriarchate by Metropolitan Nathaniel of Nevrokop. Although his speech was in Greek, at the great entrance he commemorated Patriarch John in Church Slavonic. Metropolitan Damaskinos of Sao Paolo and Brazil commemorated him in Portuguese. And a part of some litany was in English.

I also heard Italian. At first I thought it was Latin  :D

For sure there was Italian, but I think in the first litany (ekteny) there was Latin too.

Yes, at the twelve minute mark! That's strange but awesome!

But I wonder, why there was no Spanish, as Antiochian Patriarchate is probably the most popular mission in Latin America

Michał Kalina:
Quote from: Dominika on February 18, 2013, 05:35:23 PM

On the last Sunday a solemn Liturgy in Beirut took place. There were also some bishops outside Antiochian Patriarchate (actually, all jurisdictions except Bulgarian one because of patriarchal elections). Here you can watch this Liturgy.

Who represented ours?

Archibishop Abel. You can read about it here here (as you can easily notice, this article was edited by me)

Cool.

Dominika:
Quote from: Michał Kalina on February 18, 2013, 05:36:28 PM

Who represented ours?

Archibishop Abel. You can read about it here here (as you can easily notice, this article was edited by me)

Cool.

That's good that at least somebody was present at this Liturgy, becasue there was nobody from Polish Orthodox Church at the burial (even in Beirut) of patriarch Ignatius.

Michał Kalina:
Quote from: Dominika on February 18, 2013, 05:43:43 PM

Quote from: Michał Kalina on February 18, 2013, 05:36:28 PM

Who represented ours?

Cool.

That's good that at least somebody was present at this Liturgy, because there was nobody from Polish Orthodox Church at the burial (even in Beirut) of patriarch Ignatius.

Church of Antioch is the only one whose primate hasn't been visitted by ours and the only one that hasn't been visitted by our primate.

Dominika:
Quote from: Michał Kalina on February 18, 2013, 05:47:44 PM

Quote from: Dominika on February 18, 2013, 05:43:43 PM

That's good that at least somebody was present at this Liturgy, because there was nobody from Polish Orthodox Church at the burial (even in Beirut) of patriarch Ignatius.

Church of Antioch is the only one whose primate hasn't been visitted by ours and the only one that hasn't been visitted by our primate.

And I really regret it, because it's my favourite local Church (of course I don't count Serbian one, because it's obvious) and it does a great missionary work and they need our support, especially in the Mideast. And if these contacts were better, Orthodox Christians in Poland wouldn't associate Orthodoxy only with other Slavic countries and Greeks  only. I hope the fact that abp. Abel represented our Church will change something. But I know, it's an off-topic

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page