OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 28, 2014, 09:32:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Was Christ really Jewish?  (Read 7189 times) Average Rating: 0
Marc1152
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #135 on: February 20, 2013, 06:44:20 PM »

Yet you are silent about what Judaism says in it's Talmud blaspheming Christ and the BVM.

I've heard this accusation before but can you actually quote where the Talmud does all those horrible thing?

He can't. He'll try to, but I'll head him off at the pass.

He's probably relying on 'Brother Nathanael's' quoted fabrications, which hark back to the well-known fraud, "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" - which claim that Jews say you should kill Christian babies, and other such crap. Since I've actually read the Talmud, and it doesn't say what Nathanael claims it says, he and everyone who believes him on that is a fraud.  

As I said before, I'm worried about the type of converts and supporters who seem to be attracted to Orthodoxy because of the fetishistic aspects they (falsely) attach to it - the chance to 'adopt yourself' into Eastern European culture, which gives them what they believe to be the right to pretend to be 'ancient warriors.' There's a big difference between admiring a culture and using it to think it shoehorns you back into the old tough white guy days. They can't deal with women voting and going to college and not being stuck in the kitchen. They can't deal with the fact that there is now plenty of competition for those six-figure jobs at General Motors. They can't deal with a lot of things. So they drift into a fantasy world. Orthodoxy isn't really a fantasy, nor is a majority anti-Jewish, but there's an element that crops up sometimes, and we do no good by pretending it's not a problem. Some people want to make things into what they don't have to be. Heck, I don't want to be anti-anybody.

Having grown up in a city that is over 25% Jewish, learned Hebrew in nursery school, and become a compulsory visitor of the library, I can't stand this kind of fear-mongering that arises now and then, where it's conspiracy this and conspiracy that, while most of the Jewish folks I knew turned out to be things like librarians, teachers, locksmiths... pretty darn normal. Gasp! Shock! And they never rejected Christ - they said rather nice things about Him.

I can't take it anymore. This anti-Semitic b.s. is driving me nuts. If that makes some people not like me, so be it. It's like having a wart on your foot. It won't kill you, but how much does anybody really like warts?

+1

Well said

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2013, 06:53:36 PM »

Yet you are silent about what Judaism says in it's Talmud blaspheming Christ and the BVM.

I've heard this accusation before but can you actually quote where the Talmud does all those horrible thing?

He's probably relying on 'Brother Nathanael's' quoted fabrications, which hark back to the well-known fraud, "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" - which claim that Jews say you should kill Christian babies, and other such crap. Since I've actually read the Talmud, and it doesn't say what Nathanael claims it says, he and everyone who believes him on that is a fraud.  

As I said before, I'm worried about the type of converts and supporters who seem to be attracted to Orthodoxy because of the fetishistic aspects they (falsely) attach to it - the chance to 'adopt yourself' into Eastern European culture, which gives them what they believe to be the right to pretend to be 'ancient warriors.' There's a big difference between admiring a culture and using it to think it shoehorns you back into the old tough white guy days. They can't deal with women voting and going to college and not being stuck in the kitchen. They can't deal with the fact that there is now plenty of competition for those six-figure jobs at General Motors. They can't deal with a lot of things. So they drift into a fantasy world. Orthodoxy isn't really a fantasy, nor is a majority anti-Jewish, but there's an element that crops up sometimes, and we do no good by pretending it's not a problem. Some people want to make things into what they don't have to be. Heck, I don't want to be anti-anybody.

Having grown up in a city that is over 25% Jewish, learned Hebrew in nursery school, and become a compulsory visitor of the library, I can't stand this kind of fear-mongering that arises now and then, where it's conspiracy this and conspiracy that, while most of the Jewish folks I knew turned out to be things like librarians, teachers, locksmiths... pretty darn normal. Gasp! Shock! And they never rejected Christ - they said rather nice things about Him.

I can't take it anymore. This anti-Semitic b.s. is driving me nuts. If that makes some people not like me, so be it. It's like having a wart on your foot. It won't kill you, but how much does anybody really like warts?

+1

Well said

Thanks.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Charles Martel
Traditional Roman Catholic
Moderated
Archon

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: New york

« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2013, 06:53:42 PM »

Yea, yea, it's all "lies" in the Talmud.  Roll Eyes

Typical philo-Judaic response.

no, no, no.......why those angelic rabbi's would never say a foul word about Jesus or his mother while they're spitting why they walk by a Church or a crucifix.

What you anti-Christ worshippers don't get is that you can deny all you want about what's written in the Talmud but it's there for the whole world to see and all over the internet for anyone to view anytime and this drives you people crazy, you hate when the truth is exposed and resort to calling anyone who would dare speak of it nothing but nasty names and all kinds of ridiculous accusations.

Keep spewing your venom biro, you prove nothing but that your petrified of the truth.

And I don't even know what you're talking about with all that feminist, "wymyns working" garbage, who the hell even brought that stuff up? you're totally paranoid and seem to loathe old tough "white guyz"........whatever.

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
Charles Martel
Moderated
Archon

« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2013, 06:57:07 PM »

The fact of the matter is this......Christ was not a "jew" as we know them today.

And Judaism is Anti-Christ.

I don't care if this makes me an "anti-semite" or bigot or whatever.

All that matters is the truth.

As much as it hurts sometimes.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 06:57:30 PM by Charles Martel » Logged

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
Romaios
Archon

Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2013, 07:01:00 PM »

no, no, no.......why those angelic rabbi's would never say a foul word about Jesus or his mother while they're spitting why they walk by a Church or a crucifix.

It used to be a mitzva among some Christians to spit on a Jew on Good Friday.
James2
Mr.
High Elder

Faith: skeptic

« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2013, 07:22:47 PM »

Now, now.

I know we all cherish our pet assumptions, but there probably are quite a few Jews today who don't go around saying blasphemy about Christ.

For that matter, Buddhist and Hindus don't accept Christ, at least not the way Christians do, but do you ever see anybody go around ranting about how the Buddhist and the Hindus control everything? And there are billions of them, but only a few million Jews.

I mean, India and China put together, just them, equal 1/3 of the world's population.

I'm just saying.  Tongue
Buddhists and Hindus and even Moslems don't write nasty things to say about Christ and the BVM in their sacred texts like the Jewish Talmud and other Rabbinical commentaries.Also the other world's main religions aren't constantly pestering us about how we word our liturgies or conduct our services. As a matter of fact, the other main religions have nothing but good things to say about Christ, Islam even considers him a prophet and the BVM is one of the most honored women amongst all Moslems.

Judaism in essence despises Jesus as a fake and a fraud.

Jews ( and no not every single one, especially the converts) are the Church's oldest and most dangerous nemises.

To put it any other way would be a lie.

It's really a shame that even "orthodox" Christians don't get this, although I think many do but are too intimdated to admit it.

God hates a coward.

God doesn't hate anybody.  Not even you.
Charles Martel
Moderated
Archon

« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2013, 07:28:48 PM »

Huh? Where was that, in Romania?

Anyway, now Jews tell us how to word our liturgies on Good Friday.

Charles Martel
Moderated
Archon

« Reply #142 on: February 20, 2013, 07:32:29 PM »

Now, now.

I know we all cherish our pet assumptions, but there probably are quite a few Jews today who don't go around saying blasphemy about Christ.

For that matter, Buddhist and Hindus don't accept Christ, at least not the way Christians do, but do you ever see anybody go around ranting about how the Buddhist and the Hindus control everything? And there are billions of them, but only a few million Jews.

I mean, India and China put together, just them, equal 1/3 of the world's population.

I'm just saying.  Tongue
Buddhists and Hindus and even Moslems don't write nasty things to say about Christ and the BVM in their sacred texts like the Jewish Talmud and other Rabbinical commentaries.Also the other world's main religions aren't constantly pestering us about how we word our liturgies or conduct our services. As a matter of fact, the other main religions have nothing but good things to say about Christ, Islam even considers him a prophet and the BVM is one of the most honored women amongst all Moslems.

Judaism in essence despises Jesus as a fake and a fraud.

Jews ( and no not every single one, especially the converts) are the Church's oldest and most dangerous nemises.

To put it any other way would be a lie.

It's really a shame that even "orthodox" Christians don't get this, although I think many do but are too intimdated to admit it.

God hates a coward.

God doesn't hate anybody.  Not even you.
Thanks James...........not even little ol me.

Having said that, I'm sure there's a few on here that would love to see me burn for eternity for daring to declare that the Talmud has some very ugly things to say about Jesus and the BVM.

Romaios
Archon

« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2013, 07:37:31 PM »

Huh? Where was that, in Romania?

No, further West.
rakovsky
Warned
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2013, 07:43:07 PM »

Biro,

BTW. C.Martel isn't Orthodox... There was another poster here, who almost only posted on this kind of topic, and his views were so strong that I am not sure he was for real.

More importantly, when you're dealing with a traditionalist religious group (or anti-religious one for that matter), you are going to get folks that express very strong opposition to all other groups, be they R.Catholic, Rabbinical, Islamic, atheist etc.

The other side of this phenomenon could be one where an element of that religious group takes the position that "It's all the same." My impression is that on a big board like OC.net you are going to find a big range of views on a given topic, regardless of which religion is under discussion, be it the Pope's resignation or Muslim girls wearing veils in an Orthodox school that doesn't allow it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:46:38 PM by rakovsky » Logged
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2013, 07:51:33 PM »

Yeah I don't really get the anti-Judaism sentiment on this board; sure, their writings and beliefs are pretty hostile toward Christianity, but due to the holocaust, the number of Jews in the world is so small right now that they hardly present any threat to Christianity at all--unless all of the weird radical-right-wing-the-Jews-control-the-world conspiracies are true, which I doubt they are. IMO, Islam is a MUCH greater threat to Christianity--especially in Orthodox lands, and unless we do something about it, then we could be in for trouble. We could start by keeping the dissatisfied atheists in America from getting into office, mandating policies discriminatory toward Christianity and handing everything to Islam on a platter because they were deceived by the whole Islam-is-peaceful-Christianity-is-evil fad overtaking Western society.

/rant

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Cyrillic
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

« Reply #146 on: February 21, 2013, 04:59:07 AM »

Jesus in the Talmud

Jesus (Yeshu[a]) was a common name among Jews back in the day of the Talmud, so it's not clear if Our Lord is meant in all passages where this name appears.

Jesus "ben Pandira/Panthera" is supposedly a corruption of Gk. parthenos = "virgin".

Have you ever read Origen's Contra Celsum?

"Copiare il vero può essere una buona cosa, ma inventare il vero è meglio, molto meglio. "
-Giuseppe Verdi
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #147 on: February 21, 2013, 05:21:12 AM »

I like you, warts and all. Grin

I also agree with your post.  (or should I just +1 it?)
Romaios
Archon

« Reply #148 on: February 21, 2013, 07:56:47 AM »

Jesus in the Talmud

Jesus (Yeshu[a]) was a common name among Jews back in the day of the Talmud, so it's not clear if Our Lord is meant in all passages where this name appears.

Jesus "ben Pandira/Panthera" is supposedly a corruption of Gk. parthenos = "virgin".

Have you ever read Origen's Contra Celsum?

Not recently, but I have it on paper.
Cyrillic
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

« Reply #149 on: February 21, 2013, 08:15:18 AM »

Ah yes. The pagan Celsus argued that Mary the Theotokos had an affair with a soldier named Panthera who was then supposedly Christ's father. Origen refuted this. Anyway, Panthera doesn't come from parthenos.

"But let us now return to where the Jew is introduced, speaking of the mother of Jesus, and saying that "when she was pregnant she was turned out of doors by the carpenter to whom she had been betrothed, as having been guilty of adultery, and that she bore a child to a certain soldier named Panthera." (Contra Celsum I:32)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 08:18:22 AM by Cyrillic » Logged

"Copiare il vero può essere una buona cosa, ma inventare il vero è meglio, molto meglio. "
-Giuseppe Verdi
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #150 on: February 21, 2013, 08:20:58 AM »

Thank you, Kerdy.

J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #151 on: February 21, 2013, 12:37:46 PM »

I'll +1 Kerdy's post which I think +2's Biro's  Wink.

And I'd add that the only spewing of hatred here is coming from Charles Martel in the guise of religious fervor, traditionalism, and "righteousness".

Quotes from the Talmud "proving" Judaism's "hatred" for Christ and Christianity have been posted elsewhere on this board, in a similar spirit.  I'm somewhat familiar with those, and as I've pointed out elsewhere, those proof-texts are kind of like a drop in the bucket compared with the +/- 6,000 printed pages of the Talmud.  I've also pointed out that I have, as a Jew, never, ever, EVER come across ANY Jew, either in Israel, in (or out of) a synagogue here in the U.S., or anywhere else in the world I've had contact with Jews who either are familiar with those so-called teachings, know they even exist, or even come in the slightest way close to living their lives by them.  That's not to say that such people do not exist.  It's only to say that in my limited experience and in the experience of every other Jew that I've ever discussed this with, I've never come across them.

Yes, Jews reject that Christ is the מָשִׁיחַ (Messiah), and that is to their detriment, and we should, in love, not hatred and intolerance, pray for their conversion.  At the same time we must be hyper-vigilant about the planks in our own eyes and do what we can to remove them.

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #152 on: February 21, 2013, 01:29:45 PM »

Thank you, J Michael.

J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #153 on: February 21, 2013, 01:43:08 PM »

Thank you, J Michael.
Wink

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian
Charles Martel
Moderated
Archon

« Reply #154 on: February 21, 2013, 06:32:27 PM »

And I'd add that the only spewing of hatred here is coming from Charles Martel in the guise of religious fervor, traditionalism, and "righteousness".

Quotes from the Talmud "proving" Judaism's "hatred" for Christ and Christianity have been posted elsewhere on this board, in a similar spirit.  I'm somewhat familiar with those, and as I've pointed out elsewhere, those proof-texts are kind of like a drop in the bucket compared with the +/- 6,000 printed pages of the Talmud.  I've also pointed out that I have, as a Jew, never, ever, EVER come across ANY Jew, either in Israel, in (or out of) a synagogue here in the U.S., or anywhere else in the world I've had contact with Jews who either are familiar with those so-called teachings, know they even exist, or even come in the slightest way close to living their lives by them.  That's not to say that such people do not exist.  It's only to say that in my limited experience and in the experience of every other Jew that I've ever discussed this with, I've never come across them.

Yes, Jews reject that Christ is the מָשִׁיחַ (Messiah), and that is to their detriment, and we should, in love, not hatred and intolerance, pray for their conversion.  At the same time we must be hyper-vigilant about the planks in our own eyes and do what we can to remove them.
Yes, I could agree with a lot of this post, i've known more than my share of Jews with a few in my family and , sure, I never heard no "Christ-bashing" from any of them, but that was more out of respect I'm sure. But the fact of the matter is there is a real, virulent anti-Christ attitude out there amongst many Jews (and non-Jews for that matter) where they really take this stuff seriously and go out of their way to erase anything Christian from the public view or perception. And the fact of the matter is, this Christ-hate has been documented in the Talmud where even many Jews themselves have exposed it for what it is.

Now, regardless of what kind of sanitized version of the "talmud" that goys like biro was allowed to view is irrelevant, the rabbi's through the ages have been not so kind to the memory of Jesus and his mother. And to be honest, I don't blame them. If I was a Jew, still waiting for the messiaH, i wouldn't mince words about the faker Jesus either, he would be treated like any other false prophet or messiah that came around every other millenium. But let's stop being disingenous here, we all know that the rabbis have a lot of ill will for the Christian Christ and have lambasted him through the ages in their sacred texts and ther Talmud is the very worse, they have horrible things to say not just of Jesus, but all nonJews, these people really believe they are of a divine race and the rest of humanity is mere chattel.

That's all i'm going to say from this point on on the Talmud, someone can start another thread on it if they want to discuss it further.

And Biro, I'm sick of you and some other "orthodox" on here bashing Bro. Nathaneal, that guy has forgot more than you ever imagined what is written in the Talmud and he would bury you or just about anyone on here in a fair debate about Judaism, the Talmud and any other "Jewish" issues. We need to thank God for Jews like him to have the courage to come out and expose this evil for what it is, that guy has more guts than any nonJew Christian that I ever seen, God bless him!

William
Protokentarchos

Faith: None

« Reply #155 on: February 21, 2013, 07:00:06 PM »

Guys the Talmud says what it says. You can't just ignore it.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. - Matt. 5:24
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #156 on: February 21, 2013, 07:24:54 PM »

Yes, I could agree with a lot of this post, i've known more than my share of Jews with a few in my family and , sure, I never heard no "Christ-bashing" from any of them, but that was more out of respect I'm sure. But the fact of the matter is there is a real, virulent anti-Christ attitude out there amongst many Jews (and non-Jews for that matter) where they really take this stuff seriously and go out of their way to erase anything Christian from the public view or perception. And the fact of the matter is, this Christ-hate has been documented in the Talmud where even many Jews themselves have exposed it for what it is.

Now, regardless of what kind of sanitized version of the "talmud" that goys like biro was allowed to view is irrelevant, the rabbi's through the ages have been not so kind to the memory of Jesus and his mother. And to be honest, I don't blame them. If I was a Jew, still waiting for the messiaH, i wouldn't mince words about the faker Jesus either, he would be treated like any other false prophet or messiah that came around every other millenium. But let's stop being disingenous here, we all know that the rabbis have a lot of ill will for the Christian Christ and have lambasted him through the ages in their sacred texts and ther Talmud is the very worse, they have horrible things to say not just of Jesus, but all nonJews, these people really believe they are of a divine race and the rest of humanity is mere chattel.

That's all i'm going to say from this point on on the Talmud, someone can start another thread on it if they want to discuss it further.

And Biro, I'm sick of you and some other "orthodox" on here bashing Bro. Nathaneal, that guy has forgot more than you ever imagined what is written in the Talmud and he would bury you or just about anyone on here in a fair debate about Judaism, the Talmud and any other "Jewish" issues. We need to thank God for Jews like him to have the courage to come out and expose this evil for what it is, that guy has more guts than any nonJew Christian that I ever seen, God bless him!

Totally untrue. Jews are wary of Christians because they are afraid of either being forced to convert at the point of a sword or herded

into concentration camps...again

Questions?

Theophilos78
Archon

Faith: pro-Israeli Zionist Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Adonai Yeshua

« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2013, 07:25:08 PM »

Then we should be grateful that no Christian (spiritual) leader has kissed the Talmud so far.  Grin

Longing for Heavenly Jerusalem
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #158 on: February 21, 2013, 07:27:00 PM »

Well of course you can and you should when it is cherry picked and then miss represented as the ethos of modern Judaism.

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #159 on: February 21, 2013, 07:34:47 PM »

Yes, it says what it says.

And it does not say what it does not say.

Zero of "Brother Nathanael'"'s claimed quotes from it are accurate. Zero.

The Talmud is very long. Thousands of pages. I have not read the whole thing, but I have read parts, and I checked for his claimed quotes. So have others. They continue to find that all his claims are lies.

The fake "Brother" has forgotten nothing but honesty, veracity and compassion. He spits on Christ every time he opens his mouth.

As Our Lord said, do you want to be well? Maybe you don't. Every day I ask God to heal me of my sins.

Maybe you forgot that bearing false witness breaks a Commandment.

Jews do not spit on crosses, sacrifice babies, or poison wells. Get over it.

Jesus wasn't afraid to flog the money changers out of the temple. Sin hasn't stopped being sin, and we still need to break out the whips.

William
Protokentarchos

« Reply #160 on: February 21, 2013, 07:39:32 PM »

The Talmud is very long. Thousands of pages. I have not read the whole thing, but I have read parts, and I checked for his claimed quotes. So have others. They continue to find that all his claims are lies.

The fake "Brother" has forgotten nothing but honesty, veracity and compassion. He spits on Christ every time he opens his mouth.

As Our Lord said, do you want to be well? Maybe you don't. Every day I ask God to heal me of my sins.

Jesus wasn't afraid to flog the money changers out of the temple. Sin hasn't stopped being sin, and we still need to break out the whips.

I'm not even sure who "Brother Nathaniel" is, so if you could stop making assumptions about me that'd be great.

Look at Romaios' link earlier. It has all the references you need.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. - Matt. 5:24
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #161 on: February 21, 2013, 07:41:44 PM »

Meanwhile, due to arguing over a tiny religious minority that poses no threat to the world, more and more Orthodox Christians are being martyred and decreasing in number due to the growing threat of Islam...

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #162 on: February 21, 2013, 09:06:28 PM »

I'm not even sure who "Brother Nathaniel" is, so if you could stop making assumptions about me that'd be great.

Look at Romaios' link earlier. It has all the references you need.

Does all the Aggressive anti Jewish quotes in Christian writings prove anything? It's like that. Those comments were in a certain context and cant be extrapolated unless you have an agenda. Martin Luther said the solution to the "Jewish Problem" is to heard them all into their Synagogues and then burn them down...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 09:07:17 PM by Marc1152 » Logged

Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #163 on: February 21, 2013, 11:47:06 PM »

It's the other way around every day in Jewish neighborhoods in Israel and the occupied parts of Occupied Territories.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Cantor Krishnich
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Pan-Orthodox Christianity

Mar Ahmed the Daftadar

« Reply #164 on: February 22, 2013, 12:46:26 AM »

Yeah I don't really get the anti-Judaism sentiment on this board; sure, their writings and beliefs are pretty hostile toward Christianity, but due to the holocaust, the number of Jews in the world is so small right now that they hardly present any threat to Christianity at all--unless all of the weird radical-right-wing-the-Jews-control-the-world conspiracies are true, which I doubt they are. IMO, Islam is a MUCH greater threat to Christianity--especially in Orthodox lands, and unless we do something about it, then we could be in for trouble. We could start by keeping the dissatisfied atheists in America from getting into office, mandating policies discriminatory toward Christianity and handing everything to Islam on a platter because they were deceived by the whole Islam-is-peaceful-Christianity-is-evil fad overtaking Western society.

/rant

That's not exactly true. Many Jews did die in the holocaust, memory eternal to the victims, but the entire population of the European Jewry did not completely die out. The holocaust only affected the Ashkenazim (European Jewry). At that time, there were millions of Jews all over the world (Arab Jews/Mizrahim, Yemenites, Sefardic Jews, Ethiopian Jews, Indian Jews, Iranian Jews, etc.) who were not affected by the Holocaust. Today there are millions of Jews all over the world.

I agree Islam is a greater threat than Judaism to Christianity. But, in Palestine/Israel, mainly the threat is from the Israelis not the Muslims.

Most Holy Theotokos, Save Us!
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, Have Mercy Upon Me a Sinner!
William
Protokentarchos

« Reply #165 on: February 22, 2013, 12:51:22 AM »

It's the other way around every day in Jewish neighborhoods in Israel and the occupied parts of Occupied Territories.

We had a nun on this forum who related such things regularly occurring to her.

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #166 on: February 22, 2013, 12:57:58 AM »

But, in Palestine/Israel, mainly the threat is from the Israelis not the Muslims.

Yeah and the only reason the Palestinian Muslims haven't turned on the Palestinian Christians is because they hate Jews even more than they hate Christians. But I assure you that once/if they ever drive the Jews out of that region, they'll immediately turn their hate upon the Orthodox Christian minority and establish Shariah. I really don't have any faith in Islam at all as having even the slightest bit of decency.

Cantor Krishnich
High Elder

Mar Ahmed the Daftadar

« Reply #167 on: February 22, 2013, 01:14:09 AM »

But, in Palestine/Israel, mainly the threat is from the Israelis not the Muslims.

Yeah and the only reason the Palestinian Muslims haven't turned on the Palestinian Christians is because they hate Jews even more than they hate Christians. But I assure you that once/if they ever drive the Jews out of that region, they'll immediately turn their hate upon the Orthodox Christian minority and establish Shariah. I really don't have any faith in Islam at all as having even the slightest bit of decency.

James, you've clearly been watching/reading too much Western news. Strict Shari'a law exists in the Ghaza Strip, the Christians and Muslims get along fairly well there. I'm not saying it would be any better if there was Shari'a law...it probably wouldn't. Ghaza is a good example of who the real persecutors are, who's always bombing Shari'a occupied Ghaza? Plus, I seriously doubt that the Palestinians would chose a Shari'a government. 
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 01:15:05 AM by Cantor Krishnich » Logged

rakovsky
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #168 on: February 22, 2013, 02:33:44 AM »

Yeah and the only reason the Palestinian Muslims haven't turned on the Palestinian Christians is because they hate Jews even more than they hate Christians. But I assure you that once/if they ever drive the Jews out of that region, they'll immediately turn their hate upon the Orthodox Christian minority and establish Shariah.
James R,

It's true that in some Muslim countries like Egypt there is discrimination against Christians. However, in Egypt as in other Mediterranean Middle Eastern countries from which many Israelis emigrated, leaving small minorities of Jews behind, they have not driven out the Christian population. In Egypt, the number of Christians grew from under a million in the early 20th century to about 8-11 million today.

You commented:
I really don't have any faith in Islam at all as having even the slightest bit of decency.
I believe in Islam has the "slightest" bit of decency in that it prohibits forced conversion of Christians to Islam. However, this tolerant Islamic rule has not always been obeyed by Muslims, particularly by the Egyptian Caliph al-Hakim in the Middle Ages, who forcibly converted many Christians and destroyed many churches.

On the flip side, there is an intolerant Islamic rule punishing conversion to Christianity with death, but this rule too is often not followed in practice, even where Sharia law is the basis for the State's rules.

So you are bringing up a good point about something it's important to be vigilant about, but also to have a correct understanding as well. That is, we must see where intolerance exists in Islam, but also to see where incorrect intolerance and strife could exist among us as well.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 02:55:01 AM by rakovsky » Logged
rakovsky
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #169 on: February 22, 2013, 02:43:56 AM »

Jews are wary of Christians because they are afraid of... being... herded into concentration camps...again
I know alot of Germans were Christian, But weren't the Nazis who did that actually anti-Christian occultists? Weren't the nations that stopped the genocide Christian?

Peace.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #170 on: February 22, 2013, 03:24:37 AM »

It's true that in some Muslim countries like Egypt there is discrimination against Christians.

SOME? Try 90-95% of them.

In Egypt, the number of Christians grew from under a million in the early 20th century to about 8-11 million today.

Let me guess, due to western influence of course? Because there hasn't been a single Muslim country that's been tolerant without being forced to by the west?

I believe in Islam has the "slightest" bit of decency in that it prohibits forced conversion of Christians to Islam.

LOL. You really believe it's because they care? I say it's because they want a steady population that they could tax more for economic reasons and enslave, since Sharia prohibits the enslavement of Muslims and allows you to tax Christians more.

However, this tolerant Islamic rule has not always been obeyed by Muslims, particularly by the Egyptian Caliph al-Hakim in the Middle Ages, who forcibly converted many Christians and destroyed many churches.

You mean this "tolerant Islamic rule" has not been obeyed by really any Muslim nation throughout history?

That is, we must see where intolerance exists in Islam, but also to see where incorrect intolerance and strife could exist among us as well.

I don't tolerate intolerance; Islam is intolerant by its very nature. We can't tolerate it or it will destroy the world as we know it.

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #171 on: February 22, 2013, 03:50:37 AM »

JamesR, you seem to know hardly nothing about history.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Charles Martel
Moderated
Archon

« Reply #172 on: February 22, 2013, 05:29:23 AM »

Jews are wary of Christians because they are afraid of... being... herded into concentration camps...again
I know alot of Germans were Christian, But weren't the Nazis who did that actually anti-Christian occultists? Weren't the nations that stopped the genocide Christian?
Peace.
I didn't know the Soviets were "christians"......

Charles Martel
Moderated
Archon

« Reply #173 on: February 22, 2013, 05:42:58 AM »

If you go to a service in a Synagogue you wont hear a word spoken about Jesus or Christians. But if you go to one of our liturgies every tenth word is Jew.

Right, but what you consider a "jew" today is not the same as  what they write in your liturgies. Thanks in part to modern interpretations and mistranslations of the bible. Jesus and his mother were Judeans who practiced the ancient monotheism of the Mosiac Hebrews not this modern day post-temple, Talmudic Judaism in today's synagouges that flat out rejects Jesus as the Messiah or his divinity altogether.

Apples and oranges.

Try again Marc.

Charles Martel
Moderated
Archon

« Reply #174 on: February 22, 2013, 05:46:32 AM »

/rant
James I don't think you have a clue about  Talmudic Judaism. the holocaust or Islam.

You need to read more and post less on these subjects.

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #175 on: February 22, 2013, 12:09:57 PM »

I cant count the number of times I was spit on as a kid by "Christians".. Actually, the procedure was to spit on my shoe or right in front, so as not to get suspended from school. A spit in the face would mean a fist fight, so that was avoided.

The Jewish kids going to my Junior High had to sit together during lunch for safety. Every single day we would have pennies thrown at us. That was the other thing, kids would drop coins in front of us to see if we would stop to pick them up.

School prayer was a big opening for violence. The kid saying the morning prayer in class ( yes, I am that old) would pick the prayer. i somehow always avoided it but my friend Miriam was more Orthodox and would dutifully take her turn and say a prayer in Hebrew. She was bumped around in the halls afterwards and tormented in various creative ways.

She refused to sing Christmas Carols during the season, which at that time included very religious songs. I didnt care so much and sang but I remember her having to sit in a chair by herself way in the back of the auditorium during the daily rehearsals. She was isolated and picked on. To this day I regret not having the courage to join her.. Miriam was very brave... Same name as the Mother of God you will note

God forgives and I forgive.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 12:10:39 PM by Marc1152 » Logged

ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #176 on: February 22, 2013, 12:45:00 PM »

In what way was Jesus Jewish? His mother Mary was an Israelite from the tribe of Levi, not and Judah.

Fixed that for you.  Problem solved.
At least two church Fathers thought his Name Jesus gk Iesous was Greek.
Which two Church Fathers make such an ignorant mistake?
He lived and worked in Galilee of the Gentiles.
and went to and taught in the syngogues throughout it.
Spoke Greek
Evidence?
as did most people in Galilee.
Most spoke Aramaic.
He called the Jews the 'Sons of Satan'.
He said the Jews knew Whom they worshipped, "because salvation is from the Jews."
His cousin John the baptist was a Mandaean.
No, he was not, and it is heresy to so hold.

He was born in "the hill country of Judea."

Jesus was called a Nazarene
As the Hebrew Prophets foretold.
the Nazarenes were a Mandaean sect.

No, they are a consecrated class as described in the Hebrew Bible. (Numbers 6:1–21) Modern Hebrew uses "nazir" for "monk."

I've seen Greeks claim that Jesus was Greek in the sense that he spoke Greek

They are mistaken, if not ignoramuses.

and in those days to speak Greek, was to be Greek.
And so if He didn't speak Greek, He wasn't Greek.

St. Paul indeed spoke Greek, and said in Greek:
Ἑβραῖοί εἰσι; κἀγώ· Ἰσραηλῖταί εἰσι; κἀγώ· σπέρμα Ἀβραάμ εἰσι; κἀγώ·  περιτομῇ ὀκταήμερος, ἐκ γένους Ἰσραήλ, φυλῆς Βενιαμίν, Ἑβραῖος ἐξ Ἑβραίων, κατὰ νόμον Φαρισαῖος

Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they offspring of Abraham? So am I....circumcised the eighth day, of the nation of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the Law, a Pharisee

As for Jesus of Nazereth, He was born King of the Jews in Bethlehem of Judea.

And was circumcized on the eighth day as the Hebrew Law required of the descendants of Abraham.

And was presented at the Temple of Jerusalem as the Hebrew Law required of the descendants of Abraham.

And went to the Temple in Jerusalem-His Father's House-to worship several times every year.

And said He must go to Jerusalem to die.

And was crucified as "Jesus of Nazareth King of the Jews."

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #177 on: February 22, 2013, 12:52:59 PM »

Yeah and the only reason the Palestinian Muslims haven't turned on the Palestinian Christians is because they hate Jews even more than they hate Christians. But I assure you that once/if they ever drive the Jews out of that region, they'll immediately turn their hate upon the Orthodox Christian minority and establish Shariah.
James R,

It's true that in some Muslim countries like Egypt there is discrimination against Christians. However, in Egypt as in other Mediterranean Middle Eastern countries from which many Israelis emigrated, leaving small minorities of Jews behind, they have not driven out the Christian population. In Egypt, the number of Christians grew from under a million in the early 20th century to about 8-11 million today

That has a lot to do with the country being occupied for the first half of the 20th century by Europeans, and the population of the country as a whole going from the 10 million in 1900 to the 91 million of today, in and out of Egypt (Egypt has a huge diaspora, another reason for the increased numbers of Christians-a lot of them are not now in Muslim lands).

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #178 on: February 22, 2013, 12:55:13 PM »

In what way was Jesus Jewish? His mother Mary was an Israelite from the tribe of Levi, not and Judah.

Fixed that for you.  Problem solved.
At least two church Fathers thought his Name Jesus gk Iesous was Greek.
Which two Church Fathers make such an ignorant mistake?
He lived and worked in Galilee of the Gentiles.
and went to and taught in the syngogues throughout it.
Spoke Greek
Evidence?
as did most people in Galilee.
Most spoke Aramaic.
He called the Jews the 'Sons of Satan'.
He said the Jews knew Whom they worshipped, "because salvation is from the Jews."
His cousin John the baptist was a Mandaean.
No, he was not, and it is heresy to so hold.

He was born in "the hill country of Judea."

Jesus was called a Nazarene
As the Hebrew Prophets foretold.
the Nazarenes were a Mandaean sect.

No, they are a consecrated class as described in the Hebrew Bible. (Numbers 6:1–21) Modern Hebrew uses "nazir" for "monk."

I've seen Greeks claim that Jesus was Greek in the sense that he spoke Greek

They are mistaken, if not ignoramuses.

and in those days to speak Greek, was to be Greek.
And so if He didn't speak Greek, He wasn't Greek.

St. Paul indeed spoke Greek, and said in Greek:
Ἑβραῖοί εἰσι; κἀγώ· Ἰσραηλῖταί εἰσι; κἀγώ· σπέρμα Ἀβραάμ εἰσι; κἀγώ·  περιτομῇ ὀκταήμερος, ἐκ γένους Ἰσραήλ, φυλῆς Βενιαμίν, Ἑβραῖος ἐξ Ἑβραίων, κατὰ νόμον Φαρισαῖος

Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they offspring of Abraham? So am I....circumcised the eighth day, of the nation of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the Law, a Pharisee

As for Jesus of Nazereth, He was born King of the Jews in Bethlehem of Judea.

And was circumcized on the eighth day as the Hebrew Law required of the descendants of Abraham.

And was presented at the Temple of Jerusalem as the Hebrew Law required of the descendants of Abraham.

And went to the Temple in Jerusalem-His Father's House-to worship several times every year.

And said He must go to Jerusalem to die.

And was crucified as "Jesus of Nazareth King of the Jews."

By the time of Jesus the Tribal system had disappeared for all intents and purposes. In the Judea of his time there were two tribes left standing, Judah and Benjamin. The old territories and fiefdoms couldnt be re-booted after the return from Babylon.

Cantor Krishnich
High Elder

Mar Ahmed the Daftadar

« Reply #179 on: February 22, 2013, 01:04:40 PM »

I cant count the number of times I was spit on as a kid by "Christians".. Actually, the procedure was to spit on my shoe or right in front, so as not to get suspended from school. A spit in the face would mean a fist fight, so that was avoided.

The Jewish kids going to my Junior High had to sit together during lunch for safety. Every single day we would have pennies thrown at us. That was the other thing, kids would drop coins in front of us to see if we would stop to pick them up.

School prayer was a big opening for violence. The kid saying the morning prayer in class ( yes, I am that old) would pick the prayer. i somehow always avoided it but my friend Miriam was more Orthodox and would dutifully take her turn and say a prayer in Hebrew. She was bumped around in the halls afterwards and tormented in various creative ways.

She refused to sing Christmas Carols during the season, which at that time included very religious songs. I didnt care so much and sang but I remember her having to sit in a chair by herself way in the back of the auditorium during the daily rehearsals. She was isolated and picked on. To this day I regret not having the courage to join her.. Miriam was very brave... Same name as the Mother of God you will note

God forgives and I forgive.

That was sad and it was wrong. But the point is that its the other way around in modern-day "Israel". Just imagine what the Palestinian children have to go through if they have to go to a predominantly Jewish school, which usually doesn't happen because the schools are mostly segregated (like Jim Crow U.S. South). What the Ashkenazim went through during the Holocaust was horrible but in the modern-day, what the Palestinians have to go through is also horrible. The point is that history is repeating itself in the wrong way.

Tags: Nazarene 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: