UOC-MP approves use of Ukrainian officially

<< < (4/11) > >>

mike:
Quote from: ialmisry on February 08, 2013, 10:55:43 PM

Quote from: Michał Kalina on February 08, 2013, 10:10:18 PM

It has been used since a few years, what's the deal?

This is not a news.

My understanding was that they looked the other way.  An official OK I never saw before.

I wait for more breaking news:

"UOC-MP states that tomorrow is Saturday and Sunday comes afterwards"
"UOC-MP approves the usage of electricity"

etc...

It's RISU making UOC look like some neanthertals and anti-patriots. Nothing more.

ialmisry:
Quote from: Michał Kalina on February 08, 2013, 11:01:50 PM

This is not a news.

My understanding was that they looked the other way.  An official OK I never saw before.

etc...

It's RISU making UOC look like some neanthertals and anti-patriots. Nothing more.

I am aware that RISU is a front for the UGCC, and that I could easily had missed a similar announcement before. But I never saw one.

mike:
Quote from: ialmisry on February 09, 2013, 04:28:05 PM

Quote from: Michał Kalina on February 08, 2013, 11:01:50 PM

This is not a news.

My understanding was that they looked the other way.  An official OK I never saw before.

etc...

I am aware that RISU is a front for the UGCC, and that I could easily had missed a similar announcement before. But I never saw one.

This it not an announcement. That metropolitan only described the situation that had already been occurring for X years.

rakovsky:
I often hear about how everyone in Ukraine at least knows Russian so you can get by. I was on a bus in west Ukraine traveling between Lviv and Poland, and a few people about in their 40's were walking the aisle drinking and talking to me obscenely in some mix of Polish and Ukrainian I did not understand. Unfortunately only one guy near me on the bus could speak Russian and he seemed to feel rather bored with it as if it was normal.

I was surprised to see a graph showing that while in the late 1980's it was true that many people (about half) in West Ukraine could speak Russian fluently, few of them could about 15 years later in Ternopil and Lviv.

It was also surprising that few people could speak Ukrainian in Crimea, even though I know Russian is the language there.

LizaSymonenko:
Your map link is broken.  

EDIT:  Never mind, it's there now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page