OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 21, 2014, 08:15:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brother Nathaniel  (Read 30285 times) Average Rating: 0
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #135 on: February 11, 2013, 12:13:08 AM »

In my opinion guys, there is no use looking for "who he is with" honestly. 

He is what he is.  His abbot obviously approves.

That said -

What exactly does he say that is wrong that you can factually discredit?  Is this more of an issue that some of you would rather see a monk beaten down, silent, and a wimp?  Is this a control issue people have against monks?

I have absolutely no problem with a monk speaking the TRUTH.  I don't care how "outspoken" it sounds, as the truth stands on a rock.  I am not a person who wishes to control another human being wishing them to be wimpy and under "orders".   I believe we are all equals, who are all sinners, and we do God's will. 

Brother Nathanael -
1) Promotes Orthodoxy -  Check
2) Promotes faith in Christ - Check
3) Condemns those oppressing, wanting to oppress,  and confusing Christians - Check
4) Speaks from his own experiences in Judaism - Check
5) Supports his arguments with facts, quotes, and video excerpts - Check

I can't have a problem with him.  He's not antisemite, he's anti Zionist.

I think this is a funky control issue that many EO Christians have.  Some people seem so weak in their own lives that they'd rather shove a monk in place and make him "mind" than listen to what he has to say.  Monks are about humility and humbleness, but they are also about truth and will do right in the face of evil.  Brother Nathanael fights what he sees as evil.

Not all monks are the same.  There are hermit monks... There are your "obedient subservient" ones.  There are monks who beat iron on anvils for a good part of the day making fishing gear.  There are monks who make icons, candles, incense.  There are also monks who make coffee.  There are are monks who help in heavy duty construction projects.   Brother Nathanael, he's outspoken against evil on youtube.

His abbot approves.  Obviously.  He wouldn't be this big if not.  Web sites, weekly videos, full edits with special effects, texts, and video cut ins.  Obviously lots of time spent on this.

If his abbot approves, that's all folks. 

He's not antisemite, he's anti Zionist.

Naw... he's a straight up Antisemite.

Self hating Jews are not a new thing. For example, in the Warsaw Ghetto the Germans recruited a Jewish Police force to work for them. Br. Nathaniel is cut from that same cloth.. He is loathsome.

True on the fact some Jews were self hating, however;

Brother Nathanael attacks "elite" Jews, and Jewish teachings that harm gentiles.  He doesn't attack a common Jew.  He attacks principles of Zionism.

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2013, 12:22:00 AM »

1. Br. Nathanael is absolutely a member of ROCOR, according to our bishops.
2. Br. Nathanael has made clear he is anti-Zionist, not anti-Semite. Of course, recent dictionaries equating anti-Zionism with anti-Semitism, though there is no logical basis for such a conflation, don't help the clarity of things.
3. Many Jewish faithful are also anti-Zionist, especially the Orthodox and more conservative Jews, and also Hebrew Hippies (sorry, couldn't resist).
4. The website appears non-vague in delivering two important pieces of info: that he is a novice in ROCOR and that he does not speak for ROCOR.
5. I view him as being, in our times, a sort of Cassandra of Troy. Even his (asserted) assertion that Sandy Hook was a psy-op, has quite a bit of evidence in its favor, although I am not ready to subscribe to a particular version of events behind those events. I believe there are still many unanswered questions, and am very, very reluctant to assert things which could turn out to be untrue or which can't be proven.

6. But to me the big doozy here, the elephant in the room most seem to be missing, is that we have horribly evil people doing evil and horrible things to people that are causing and can yet cause untold deaths and suffering, and deprive people of their most basic human dignity. In the context of these heinous and enormous crimes, the whistleblower is attacked. Then, instead of speaking ill of the wicked criminals who are actually harming and killing and sterilizing people and starting unnecessary wars, and doing much other mischief, our eccentric and outspoken but completely harmless Br. Nathanael is himself attacked.

There's something profoundly and extremely wrong with this picture.

P.S. While the Other Mainstream Media (Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage, etc.) always speak ill of the ACLU, the fact is that on occasion they have defended the right to free speech of some  persons we cannot possibly see as exhibiting the political views which the ACLU seems to espouse. The ACLU has worked to defend Constitutional rights of various persons. So I disagree with the broad-brush and view them more as a mixed bag of advocacy.

1. He is not a member of Rocor according to Met. Hillarion
2. He is a notorious Anti-Semite, not just Anti-Zionist.. If you cant tell the difference then that doest speak well of you.
    Holding up signs that say ACLU Jews are the Anti-Christ is pretty clearly Anti-Semitic with nothing what so ever to do with Israel.

3. If you think "Brother" Nathaniel is some sort of "Whistle Blower" than you have very poor insight about such things.. IMHO..

I find it enormously disappointing that an Orthodox Priest thinks highly of such a vicious Anti-Semite and subscribes to his warped theories..At best you could dismiss Nathaniel as mentally ill but to take him seriously is rather breathtaking... I will stop at that before I say something I will regret.

I agree with Father Aiden's post.

Nathanael is NOT an anti-semite.   There is a huge difference between anti-Zionism and anti-semite.   Anti Zionism is against Jews wanting world domination through Jewish roots obtaining power through the banking, media, and political routes.

I have not once heard him go after Jewish families or common Jews.  When he speaks, it is in terms against Zionists.  He often calls out the names of Zionist Jews and posts videos of them.

I don't really care where he's a member of.  He speaks of faith in the Orthodox Church... The only concern as to where a he is a member of is to go after him through uppers, which is cold.

Title inserted by moderator.
Warning period extended to 30 days for not using a title for clergy (again). Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 11:17:56 PM by Carl Kraeff (Second Chance) » Logged

Marc1152
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #137 on: February 11, 2013, 12:30:21 AM »

In my opinion guys, there is no use looking for "who he is with" honestly. 

He is what he is.  His abbot obviously approves.

That said -

What exactly does he say that is wrong that you can factually discredit?  Is this more of an issue that some of you would rather see a monk beaten down, silent, and a wimp?  Is this a control issue people have against monks?

I have absolutely no problem with a monk speaking the TRUTH.  I don't care how "outspoken" it sounds, as the truth stands on a rock.  I am not a person who wishes to control another human being wishing them to be wimpy and under "orders".   I believe we are all equals, who are all sinners, and we do God's will. 

Brother Nathanael -
1) Promotes Orthodoxy -  Check
2) Promotes faith in Christ - Check
3) Condemns those oppressing, wanting to oppress,  and confusing Christians - Check
4) Speaks from his own experiences in Judaism - Check
5) Supports his arguments with facts, quotes, and video excerpts - Check

I can't have a problem with him.  He's not antisemite, he's anti Zionist.

I think this is a funky control issue that many EO Christians have.  Some people seem so weak in their own lives that they'd rather shove a monk in place and make him "mind" than listen to what he has to say.  Monks are about humility and humbleness, but they are also about truth and will do right in the face of evil.  Brother Nathanael fights what he sees as evil.

Not all monks are the same.  There are hermit monks... There are your "obedient subservient" ones.  There are monks who beat iron on anvils for a good part of the day making fishing gear.  There are monks who make icons, candles, incense.  There are also monks who make coffee.  There are are monks who help in heavy duty construction projects.   Brother Nathanael, he's outspoken against evil on youtube.

His abbot approves.  Obviously.  He wouldn't be this big if not.  Web sites, weekly videos, full edits with special effects, texts, and video cut ins.  Obviously lots of time spent on this.

If his abbot approves, that's all folks. 

He's not antisemite, he's anti Zionist.

Naw... he's a straight up Antisemite.

Self hating Jews are not a new thing. For example, in the Warsaw Ghetto the Germans recruited a Jewish Police force to work for them. Br. Nathaniel is cut from that same cloth.. He is loathsome.

True on the fact some Jews were self hating, however;

Brother Nathanael attacks "elite" Jews, and Jewish teachings that harm gentiles.  He doesn't attack a common Jew.  He attacks principles of Zionism.

You dont have to scroll through his filth too long to find video's that are simply straight up Antisemitism promoting the idea that Jews rule the country and are responsible for every conceivable evil... Nothing what ever to do with Israel.

Here, see for yourself. What does any of this have to do with Zionism.. ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k68DXCmJ7Jk

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #138 on: February 11, 2013, 12:31:50 AM »

2. Br. Nathanael has made clear he is anti-Zionist, not anti-Semite. Of course, recent dictionaries equating anti-Zionism with anti-Semitism, though there is no logical basis for such a conflation, don't help the clarity of things.
3. Many Jewish faithful are also anti-Zionist, especially the Orthodox and more conservative Jews, and also Hebrew Hippies (sorry, couldn't resist).
4. The website appears non-vague in delivering two important pieces of info: that he is a novice in ROCOR and that he does not speak for ROCOR.
5. I view him as being, in our times, a sort of Cassandra of Troy. Even his (asserted) assertion that Sandy Hook was a psy-op, has quite a bit of evidence in its favor, although I am not ready to subscribe to a particular version of events behind those events. I believe there are still many unanswered questions, and am very, very reluctant to assert things which could turn out to be untrue or which can't be proven.

6. But to me the big doozy here, the elephant in the room most seem to be missing, is that we have horribly evil people doing evil and horrible things to people that are causing and can yet cause untold deaths and suffering, and deprive people of their most basic human dignity. In the context of these heinous and enormous crimes, the whistleblower is attacked. Then, instead of speaking ill of the wicked criminals who are actually harming and killing and sterilizing people and starting unnecessary wars, and doing much other mischief, our eccentric and outspoken but completely harmless Br. Nathanael is himself attacked.

P.S. While the Other Mainstream Media (Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage, etc.) always speak ill of the ACLU, the fact is that on occasion they have defended the right to free speech of some  persons we cannot possibly see as exhibiting the political views which the ACLU seems to espouse. The ACLU has worked to defend Constitutional rights of various persons. So I disagree with the broad-brush and view them more as a mixed bag of advocacy.

2. He is a notorious Anti-Semite, not just Anti-Zionist.. If you cant tell the difference then that doest speak well of you.
    Holding up signs that say ACLU Jews are the Anti-Christ is pretty clearly Anti-Semitic with nothing what so ever to do with Israel.

3. If you think "Brother" Nathaniel is some sort of "Whistle Blower" than you have very poor insight about such things.. IMHO..

I find it enormously disappointing that an Orthodox Priest thinks highly of such a vicious Anti-Semite and subscribes to his warped theories..At best you could dismiss Nathaniel as mentally ill but to take him seriously is rather breathtaking... I will stop at that before I say something I will regret.

I agree with Aiden's post.

Nathanael is NOT an anti-semite.   There is a huge difference between anti-Zionism and anti-semite.   Anti Zionism is against Jews wanting world domination through Jewish roots obtaining power through the banking, media, and political routes.

I have not once heard him go after Jewish families or common Jews.  When he speaks, it is in terms against Zionists.  He often calls out the names of Zionist Jews and posts videos of them.

I don't really care where he's a member of.  He speaks of faith in the Orthodox Church... The only concern as to where a he is a member of is to go after him through uppers, which is cold.

You obviously dont know what Zionism is.

Fr.Aidan
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox Church (ROCOR)

Ds. superbis resistit; humilibus autem dat gratiam

« Reply #139 on: February 11, 2013, 12:38:57 AM »

This whole thing got really illogical in about 2 seconds flat. Here, for example, my opinions have been characterized in a way that surprised me. I don't think I've given enough information for someone to conclude that I have a "high" opinion of Br. Nathanael. I have many criticisms of his activities, and I have shared at least two of my serious misgivings. Do you remember what those were? Yet this is ignored just because I said his presentations have lots of factually-sound data in them.

The fact remains that everyone is ready to ride Br. Nathanael out on a rail, while the really evil people, no one has any problem with. It's so strange, as if, e.g., child rape and kidnapping and murder and war and poisoning men, women, and children were thought to be things of no great moment morally, while poor grammar and spelling were thought utterly intolerable, and attracted all the condemnation better reserved for the foregoing evils.

It just ain't right. And then, taking a person who doesn't even espouse any sort of violence, and equating him with Hitler's henchmen oppressing and killing innocent people, is hugely slanderous and grievously unjust. All because Br. Nathanael points out what a few powerful and evil people are doing?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:43:29 AM by Fr.Aidan » Logged
pmpn8rGPT
Grammar Nazi in three languages.
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Eastern Orthodox (old calendarist)

Proof that Russia won the Space Race.

« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2013, 12:42:26 AM »

Zionism
a worldwide Jewish movement that resulted in the establishment and development of the state of Israel.
(source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Zionism)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:44:34 AM by pmpn8rGPT » Logged

"Tomorrow, I shall no longer be here."
-Nostradamus's last words.
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #141 on: February 11, 2013, 12:45:06 AM »

I agree with Aiden's post.

Nathanael is NOT an anti-semite.   There is a huge difference between anti-Zionism and anti-semite.   Anti Zionism is against Jews wanting world domination through Jewish roots obtaining power through the banking, media, and political routes.

I have not once heard him go after Jewish families or common Jews.  When he speaks, it is in terms against Zionists.  He often calls out the names of Zionist Jews and posts videos of them.

I don't really care where he's a member of.  He speaks of faith in the Orthodox Church... The only concern as to where a he is a member of is to go after him through uppers, which is cold.

Look, Zionism itself claims to have many branches.   Wikipedia defines them well.

I'm coming from an anti-Zionist position against world domination through money (banking), military, media, and political forces.

Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2013, 12:45:44 AM »

HOCNA had some kind of homosexual scandal... I think somebody in HOCNA accused Bishop Gregory (dormition skete) of being gay.  It was one of their uppers, but I'm not well versed in all scandals.

I would have to find the document again, but Bishop Gregory of Colorado and his Dormition Skete were with ROAC 7+ years ago, though he passed through ROCOR and HOCNA.  Then he was with ROAC with the now late Metropolitan Valentin of Suzdal in Russia. There should be some threads from that time with a few posters following him either in person or long distance. Then there were some goings-on that led to *that* group splintering around 2004 and BishopGregory's group, according to the skete site is "temporarily independent" and using the name "Genuine Orthodox Church of America"  

There was a scandal with HOCNA some years before that that was separate.

This is just for historical information.

Titles inserted by moderator.

You are given 30 days warning for not using a title for clergy. Carl Kraeff (second Chance)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 11:08:36 PM by Carl Kraeff (Second Chance) » Logged

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #143 on: February 11, 2013, 12:47:31 AM »

This whole thing got really illogical in about 2 seconds flat. Here, for example, my opinions have been characterized in a way that surprised me. I don't think I've given enough information for someone to conclude that I have a "high" opinion of Br. Nathanael. I have many criticisms of his activities, and I have shared at least two of my serious misgivings. Do you remember what those were? Yet this is ignored just because I said his presentations have lots of factually-sound data in them.

The fact remains that everyone is ready to ride Br. Nathanael out on a rail, while the really evil people, no one has any problem with. It's so strange, as if, e.g., child rape and kidnapping and murder and war and poisoning men, women, and children were thought to be things of no great moment morally, while poor grammar and spelling were thought utterly intolerable, and attracted all the condemnation better reserved for the foregoing evils.

It just ain't right. And then, taking a person who doesn't even espouse any sort of violence, and equating him with Hitler's henchmen oppressing and killing innocent people, is hugely slanderous and grievously unjust. All because Br. Nathanael points out what a few powerful and evil people are doing?

I 100% agree with this.

Gotta stop posting, because you seriously put this perfectly.

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2013, 11:53:02 AM »

Yes you do appear to have some minor reservations but you also seem to agree with Br. Nathanel's basic premise.

You have constructed for yourself an 'out' which is to claim that he is only attacking what you beleive to be people who are in some sort of elite class ( and participants in the Jewish Cabal)...

I think the facts speak otherwise. Nathanael has a history of disrupting religious services in Synagogues and he also "Crashes" Jewish Weddings and disrupts them. He stands outside of Synagogues and yells at the congregants as they arrive and depart.

Here is an example of an extreme Anti-Semitic comment typical of him that has absolutely no connection with Jewish "elites" or Israel. It is an interview by a reporter from "StormFront" which is a Neo Nazi outfit. Nathanael is very popular with them, which should tell you something.

Father, are you really certain you wish to make common cause with such people?

http://rense.com/general81/prophet.htm

Br. Nathanael: When I was eight years old, my parents took me to my cousin's Bar Mitzvah at a farther part of the City of Pittsburgh, where I grew up. We entered into an old, musty smelling synagogue, which had the Jewish Star of David everywhere.

After only ten minutes of being inside, I got nauseated and wanted to vomit. The synagogue seemed to have a deathly pall about it. And I couldn't bear looking at the Jewish Star everywhere. I learned later that the Star of David is an occult symbol that was popularized by the Kabbalists of the 13th Century in Europe. It was then at the age of eight, through my experience in that old, musty smelling synagogue, that I knew that Judaism was a religion of death.

rakovsky
Warned
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #145 on: February 11, 2013, 03:20:48 PM »

Marc,

In ancient Hebrew of David's time, Hebrew actually looked alot like Greek letters. The D's in David looked like Greek "Deltas", ie triangles. Hence the two D's in David could have been joined as a kind of "seal", to make the star, like a family herald. Doesn't that sound like a good, even admirable explanation?

About 200 years after David's son, King Solomon, the prophet Amos (Amos 5:26; Cf. Acts 7:43) says:
You have lifted up the shrine of your king, the pedestal of your idols, the star of your god--which you made for yourselves.
What star symbol could Amos have been talking about? The 6 sided star is also called the Seal of Solomon by some, and Solomon became a Moloch-worshipper. Rabbinic traditions say he used his ring with the seal to control demons. Yet Byzantine Christian ruins also have Star of David symbols, and Byzantine pilgrims kissed a ring with the seal of Solomon.

In any case, it seems steeped in mystery long preceding Kabbalah, and I would be interested in finding out more about it. On the upside, it could add religious reverence for David's Star. Perhaps you can add something more definite?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 03:42:24 PM by rakovsky » Logged
rakovsky
Warned
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #146 on: February 11, 2013, 03:35:01 PM »

Fr. Aidan and Marc,

As against Br(?) Nathan's canonicity, we have Marc's claim that Met. Hilarion told him 6 months ago Br.Nathan was not in ROCOR, and a poster at Cathinfo claiming to quote Fr. Sergius of ROCOR 6 months ago saying Br. Nathan is not part of ROCOR.

Yet Br. Nathan's website says he is a monk "with ROCOR", a skeptic on the Cathinfo website looked into it a year ago and Bp. Shaw replied he was, another website (called "Varvara") mentions a clergyman said Bp. Shaw said he was, and you, Fr. Aidan, say he is.

So is there is anything else to decide one way or another? (eg. Fr. Aidan, what is your basis?).
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 03:38:24 PM by rakovsky » Logged
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2013, 03:56:37 PM »

Marc,

In ancient Hebrew of David's time, Hebrew actually looked alot like Greek letters. The D's in David looked like Greek "Deltas", ie triangles. Hence the two D's in David could have been joined as a kind of "seal", to make the star, like a family herald. Doesn't that sound like a good, even admirable explanation?

About 200 years after David's son, King Solomon, the prophet Amos (Amos 5:26; Cf. Acts 7:43) says:
You have lifted up the shrine of your king, the pedestal of your idols, the star of your god--which you made for yourselves.
What star symbol could Amos have been talking about? The 6 sided star is also called the Seal of Solomon by some, and Solomon became a Moloch-worshipper. Rabbinic traditions say he used his ring with the seal to control demons. Yet Byzantine Christian ruins also have Star of David symbols, and Byzantine pilgrims kissed a ring with the seal of Solomon.

In any case, it seems steeped in mystery long preceding Kabbalah, and I would be interested in finding out more about it. On the upside, it could add religious reverence for David's Star. Perhaps you can add something more definite?

I know nothing at all about it. I was quoting from an interview Br. Nathaneal gave to StormFront.

Btw.. The Neo Nazi's characterize him as a "Modern Day Prophet" ( see link to the article I posted)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 04:03:04 PM by Marc1152 » Logged

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #148 on: February 11, 2013, 04:01:41 PM »

Fr. Aidan and Marc,

As against Br(?) Nathan's canonicity, we have Marc's claim that Met. Hilarion told him 6 months ago Br.Nathan was not in ROCOR, and a poster at Cathinfo claiming to quote Fr. Sergius of ROCOR 6 months ago saying Br. Nathan is not part of ROCOR.

Yet Br. Nathan's website says he is a monk "with ROCOR", a skeptic on the Cathinfo website looked into it a year ago and Bp. Shaw replied he was, another website (called "Varvara") mentions a clergyman said Bp. Shaw said he was, and you, Fr. Aidan, say he is.

So is there is anything else to decide one way or another? (eg. Fr. Aidan, what is your basis?).

His language is actually a little slippery.

In any case I would like to know which Parish he belongs to or which Monetary and/or which Abbot he is under obedience to?
If he is a member of Rocor where is he actually a member? It's easy to find out where any of the rest of us belong. It shouldn't be a problem if true.

Who, what , where , when , how?  Ya know?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 04:11:08 PM by Marc1152 » Logged

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2013, 05:04:46 PM »

FatherGiryus could share a few thoughts, just saying...

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Punch
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #150 on: February 11, 2013, 05:37:36 PM »

Not surprising considering who you are arguing with.  He does the same thing in the Gun Control thread, namely reading half of what you write and then misrepresenting even that.  In any case, you make a good point here.  I know that my Priest has a high regard for Brother Nathaniel, and I would not even know of this man if it were not for him.  The Brother is right on so many fronts that I am well prepared to forgive him for a few eccentricities.  The Jews (and their Liberal lap dogs), not so much.

Orthodox only because of God and His Russians.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #151 on: February 11, 2013, 05:43:19 PM »

I love Br. Nathanael for bringing all the closet Nazis out of the woodwork to support him, so I know whom to ignore.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
stpaulphilip

Jurisdiction: Serbian

« Reply #152 on: February 11, 2013, 06:09:59 PM »

I introduced Brother Nathanael to my priest last year.  Since then many other people in our church have watched his videos on YouTube.  Brother Nathanael speaks a whole lot of truth, and points out the obvious, but most people don't want to hear it because since they were in middle school they were taught not to speak or think anything bad about the Jewish people.  When I was in high school it was MANDATORY that we watch Schindler's List.  Brother Nathanael may honestly be considered eccentric, but he's not evil, and he's not violent. 

If you'll notice, he is against Zionism (as others have already stated).  He's Jewish himself.  Jesus was Jewish, as was the Theotokos, St. John the Baptist, the Apostles, etc.  To hate Jews would be to hate Christ.  Zionism is a whole different ball game. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 06:14:48 PM by stpaulphilip » Logged

Isaiah 5:20 "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #153 on: February 11, 2013, 06:11:06 PM »

I love Br. Nathanael for bringing all the closet Nazis out of the woodwork to support him, so I know whom to ignore.

A point there you have.

I just don't know which bothers me more. Impotent men heaping their castration anxieties from their botched circumcisions on the Jews, or "liberals" who like to post holopr0n at the drop of a dreidl?

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #154 on: February 11, 2013, 06:12:02 PM »

When I was in high school it was MANDATORY that we watch Schindler's List. 

That sounds like child abuse. Terrible film. But don't blame all the Jews for the evil of one.

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #155 on: February 11, 2013, 06:20:21 PM »

A point there you have.

I just don't know which bothers me more. Impotent men heaping their castration anxieties from their botched circumcisions on the Jews, or "liberals" who like to post holopr0n at the drop of a dreidl?

Yet again someone proves that we need an Ignore button. I'd say a lot more, but I'm already dealing with the green dot.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #156 on: February 11, 2013, 06:54:45 PM »

Good point.  Disturbing...... Disappointing too.

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #157 on: February 11, 2013, 07:00:14 PM »

A point there you have.

This is the dreidel game:

This is really aggressive Antisemitism:

Br. Nathanael: When I was eight years old, my parents took me to my cousin's Bar Mitzvah at a farther part of the City of Pittsburgh, where I grew up. We entered into an old, musty smelling synagogue, which had the Jewish Star of David everywhere.

After only ten minutes of being inside, I got nauseated and wanted to vomit. The synagogue seemed to have a deathly pall about it. And I couldn't bear looking at the Jewish Star everywhere. I learned later that the Star of David is an occult symbol that was popularized by the Kabbalists of the 13th Century in Europe. It was then at the age of eight, through my experience in that old, musty smelling synagogue, that I knew that Judaism was a religion of death.

Fr.Aidan
High Elder

« Reply #158 on: February 11, 2013, 07:34:44 PM »

Nazis here on OC.net? Who, on OC.net, is a Nazi?

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #159 on: February 11, 2013, 07:40:35 PM »

I just don't know why but I think it's so funny he used to be under the tutelage of Bishop Gregory of Colorado. You know the "True Orthodoxy".

Title added by moderator.

Your warning status is raised to 99 days for not using a title for clergy. This constitutes a raise from the 60 days you were given just a few days ago.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 10:55:51 PM by Carl Kraeff (Second Chance) » Logged

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #160 on: February 11, 2013, 08:17:04 PM »

A point there you have.

Yet again someone proves that we need an Ignore button. I'd say a lot more, but I'm already dealing with the green dot.

Was it me or Iconodule?

Why am I even asking . . .

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #161 on: February 11, 2013, 08:20:14 PM »

A point there you have.

It's one thing to repost ad infinitum the idiocy of some "monk", it is another to post photos of personal loss you cannot imagine with the aplomb you do.

Really, it is sorta a sick way of making a point and a real problem, like the dead fetus people, you denude such images of any possible opening of humanity by making them ubiquitous.

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #162 on: February 11, 2013, 09:35:10 PM »

A point there you have.

It's one thing to repost ad infinitum the idiocy of some "monk", it is another to post photos of personal loss you cannot imagine with the aplomb you do.

Really, it is sorta a sick way of making a point and a real problem, like the dead fetus people, you denude such images of any possible opening of humanity by making them ubiquitous.

I strongly disagree. Showing people the results of their support of such creeps as Br. Nathanael brings  several issues into the light. A picture is worth 1000 words.

BTW..Learn to speak for yourself about what is comprehensible and what isnt.

I have hardly made such images "Ubiquitous" 

Oh and ..you cant tell me what to do:

That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #163 on: February 11, 2013, 10:23:15 PM »

His inability, as a native English speaker, to properly emphasize syllables offends me almost as much as the disgusting racism.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #164 on: February 11, 2013, 11:00:53 PM »

I am locking this thread as too many posters have started to (a) ignoring the forum rule on titles and (b) getting personal. I may consider unlocking it in a couple of weeks. Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

« Reply #165 on: May 08, 2013, 11:26:56 AM »

This topic is unlocked. Carl Kraeff

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Fr.Aidan
High Elder

« Reply #166 on: May 08, 2013, 02:50:45 PM »

Great. So the unanswered question, following a statement about the "Nazis" on OrthodoxChristianity.net, is: "Who, on OC.net, is a Nazi?"

Thanks,

Fr. Aidan+
sinner
jah777
OC.net guru

« Reply #167 on: May 08, 2013, 03:12:55 PM »

The fact remains that everyone is ready to ride Br. Nathanael out on a rail, while the really evil people, no one has any problem with.

Don't you understand, Father?  Criticism of evil is always acceptable unless one is criticizing evil done by Jews.  Haven't you heard of the Holocaust?  Because of the Holocaust, Jews can do whatever they want to anyone and it is okay since they are the real victims.  Killing innocent people, taking women as slaves and forcing them into prostitution - such things are evil if done by non-Jews, but it is okay for Jews to be involved since, after all, they were victims of the Holocaust.

If you are going to criticize evil done by Jews, you have to at least pretend that the people you are criticizing aren't Jews by referring them as the "Russian Jewish Mafia" or something.  Otherwise, you are a Nazi, since only Nazis and other evil people criticize Jews.
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #168 on: May 08, 2013, 03:26:15 PM »

Brother Nathanael is a vicious Anti-Semite ...

Nah.  He's got some weird hang-up with Jews, but I haven't heard him say anything about any of the other Semitic peoples.  And unless he's castigation all of them, he cannot be labeled as being an anti-Semite. 

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #169 on: May 08, 2013, 03:27:45 PM »

The fact remains that everyone is ready to ride Br. Nathanael out on a rail, while the really evil people, no one has any problem with.

Don't you understand, Father?  Criticism of evil is always acceptable unless one is criticizing evil done by Jews.  Haven't you heard of the Holocaust?  Because of the Holocaust, Jews can do whatever they want to anyone and it is okay since they are the real victims.  Killing innocent people, taking women as slaves and forcing them into prostitution - such things are evil if done by non-Jews, but it is okay for Jews to be involved since, after all, they were victims of the Holocaust.

If you are going to criticize evil done by Jews, you have to at least pretend that the people you are criticizing aren't Jews by referring them as the "Russian Jewish Mafia" or something.  Otherwise, you are a Nazi, since only Nazis and other evil people criticize Jews.

Oy.

Vey.

Roll Eyes

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #170 on: May 08, 2013, 03:31:41 PM »

Nah.  He's got some weird hang-up with Jews, but I haven't heard him say anything about any of the other Semitic peoples.  And unless he's castigation all of them, he cannot be labeled as being an anti-Semite. 

You obviously do not understand or just choose to ignore the meaning of the most common current usage of the term "anti-Semite". 

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian
Fr.Aidan
High Elder

« Reply #171 on: May 08, 2013, 03:34:18 PM »

So let me understand. Br. Nathanael is accused of anti-Semitism (let us grant that one could take the part for the whole, i.e., call him anti-Jew even if he is not anti-Arab, both Jews and Arabs being Semites), on the basis of a statement that he was freaked out as a child to see many occult symbols prominently displayed at a Jewish center, together with some bad smell of death (as he perceived it). Perceiving Judaism to be a religion of death, this man turned to the true religion of Life, the Christian Faith.

So would there be the same outrage, if he had substituted Islam for Judaism? If he said, "I went into the mosque, and I saw occult symbol after occult symbol prominently displayed, and there was a strange pall of death and a musty smell which made me think Islam is a religion of death. So I turned to Jesus Christ and I embraced faith in Him." Would we, in equal measure, call him an anti-Semite for saying THAT?

And, on the basis of such a statement about a MOSQUE, would people be calling him hateful, or dangerous, or criminal, or despicable? This is an important question!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 03:35:41 PM by Fr.Aidan » Logged
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #172 on: May 08, 2013, 03:37:54 PM »

Nah.  He's got some weird hang-up with Jews, but I haven't heard him say anything about any of the other Semitic peoples.  And unless he's castigation all of them, he cannot be labeled as being an anti-Semite.  

You obviously do not understand or just choose to ignore the meaning of the most common current usage of the term "anti-Semite".  

Option B.  I refuse to let the racist Zionist political machine dictate who is and isn't Semitic.  Clear?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 03:38:51 PM by GabrieltheCelt » Logged

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #173 on: May 08, 2013, 03:40:48 PM »

He wants to seem cunning and witty (but fails).

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #174 on: May 08, 2013, 03:45:41 PM »

So let me understand. Br. Nathanael is accused of anti-Semitism (let us grant that one could take the part for the whole, i.e., call him anti-Jew even if he is not anti-Arab, both Jews and Arabs being Semites), on the basis of a statement that he was freaked out as a child to see many occult symbols prominently displayed at a Jewish center, together with some bad smell of death (as he perceived it). Perceiving Judaism to be a religion of death, this man turned to the true religion of Life, the Christian Faith.

So would there be the same outrage, if he had substituted Islam for Judaism? If he said, "I went into the mosque, and I saw occult symbol after occult symbol prominently displayed, and there was a strange pall of death and a musty smell which made me think Islam is a religion of death. So I turned to Jesus Christ and I embraced faith in Him." Would we, in equal measure, call him an anti-Semite for saying THAT?

And, on the basis of such a statement about a MOSQUE, would people be calling him hateful, or dangerous, or criminal, or despicable? This is an important question!

I don't think that people accuse Br. Nathaniel of being anti-Semitic from this one quote but from a larger pattern of behavior and sayings.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #175 on: May 08, 2013, 03:46:50 PM »

It's pretty elementary, really.  Speak with an Arab about it.  Or any of the other Semitic peoples.  Of course, you'll probably attempt a snazzy comeback with them, too.  

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #176 on: May 08, 2013, 03:48:54 PM »

I bet he loves to give the fruitarians a mind bender when he tells them about the olive, avocado, tomato, etc. Then after they recover he drops the whole nut thing on them.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #177 on: May 08, 2013, 03:51:42 PM »

It's pretty elementary, really.  Speak with an Arab about it.  Or any of the other Semitic peoples.  Of course, you'll probably attempt a snazzy comeback with them, too.  

If someone says they hate dogs, do you ask them if they've ever met a Thai Ridgeback?

I am all for precision in language, but the whole anti-Semite thing is just creative distraction. OK, Brother Nathaniel shows a disconcerting contempt and disregard for Jews and issues important to them.

Better?

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #178 on: May 08, 2013, 03:59:17 PM »

Whether or not he saw occult symbolism as a child or was simply dropped on his head, he presents a bigoted and inaccurate World View. You only need to view his last couple of You Tubes about the Boston Bombing to see that this guy is pretty crazy. I personally think he is possesed by a demon as I have said before.. He needs pity and prayers not encouragement IMHO

Never the less, if you can honestly look at his stuff and think he has some really good idea's or if you agree with his analyses of events then I would say there is something quite a miss about your understanding of the World and how it works.

Sometimes people who are deeply Antisemitic are called Nazi's.. It's just short hand and easy to understand. It does not mean the person is actually a Nazi Party Member, though we have had one or two who were members on these boards in the past.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 04:01:18 PM by Marc1152 » Logged

Fr.Aidan
High Elder

« Reply #179 on: May 08, 2013, 04:01:41 PM »

No, not much better, quite inaccurate because his beef is not with your run-of-the-mill Jew, but certain ultra-wealthy Jews who harm others. However, as I've noted, he consistently fails to distinguish verbally between these two very different groups of people, one group making no great harm or suffering in the world, the other causing great harm to people, as well as suffering, ethnic cleansing, death, and destruction.

And I'm still amazed that people have no problem (apparently) with those who perpetrate such horrific crimes against humanity, but a little guy who looks goofy and denounces such awful criminals, is pounced upon and becomes a lightning rod for the vitriol of the otherwise complacent. It's eerie. It's Orwellian. Who hath bewitched you, O Galatians? Orthodox Christians?
Tags: Nathanael Kapner Br.(sic) Nathanael 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: