OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 23, 2014, 12:50:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Mom Gave me a Jewish Prayer Shawl...  (Read 7875 times) Average Rating: 0
Marc1152
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #225 on: May 01, 2013, 10:08:31 PM »

Judaizing + condemnation of the Church as a heresy = false idea

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Yeshua HaDerekh
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox pre 100AD

« Reply #226 on: May 02, 2013, 07:12:42 AM »

LOL, really? Looks like the only idea here that is false is YOURS! You are good at accusing yet offer no proof = false witness.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 07:14:27 AM by Yeshua HaDerekh » Logged

If they hear not Moshe and the Nevi'im, neither will they be persuaded by one that rose from the dead.
Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas un Poirot

« Reply #227 on: May 02, 2013, 07:20:50 AM »

"What is this disease? The festivals of the pitiful and miserable Jews are soon to march upon us one after the other and in quick succession: the feast of Trumpets, the feast of Tabernacles, the fasts. There are many in our ranks who say they think as we do. Yet some of these are going to watch the festivals and others will join the Jews in keeping their feasts and observing their fasts. I wish to drive this perverse custom from the Church right now." -St. John Chrysostom

So Yeshua HaDerekh, here you have it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 07:21:03 AM by Cyrillic » Logged

"But slay her he did not, for between dream and deed laws and practicalities remain"
-Willem Elschot, 'The Marriage'.
Yeshua HaDerekh
Elder

« Reply #228 on: May 02, 2013, 11:11:27 AM »

"What is this disease? The festivals of the pitiful and miserable Jews are soon to march upon us one after the other and in quick succession: the feast of Trumpets, the feast of Tabernacles, the fasts. There are many in our ranks who say they think as we do. Yet some of these are going to watch the festivals and others will join the Jews in keeping their feasts and observing their fasts. I wish to drive this perverse custom from the Church right now." -St. John Chrysostom

So there you have what...? That Christians should not celebrate the Jewish fall festivals?

If they hear not Moshe and the Nevi'im, neither will they be persuaded by one that rose from the dead.
Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas un Poirot

« Reply #229 on: May 02, 2013, 11:36:39 AM »

So there you have what...? That Christians should not celebrate the Jewish fall festivals?

Exactly. We should not celebrate the Jewish feasts.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 11:37:02 AM by Cyrillic » Logged

"But slay her he did not, for between dream and deed laws and practicalities remain"
Yeshua HaDerekh
Elder

« Reply #230 on: May 02, 2013, 11:54:36 AM »

So who is? The Jews do. However our own were fulfillments of theirs by Christ. As I have said, we would have no Orthodoxy without them. What Chrysostom tends to do is want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

dcommini
Tha mi sgulan na Trianaid
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #231 on: May 02, 2013, 12:03:03 PM »

So who is? The Jews do. However our own were fulfillments of theirs by Christ. As I have said, we would have no Orthodoxy without them. What Chrysostom tends to do is want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

So if a debt was fulfilled would you still pay on it?

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...
Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas un Poirot

« Reply #232 on: May 02, 2013, 12:12:29 PM »

So who is?

Nobody should.

The Jews do. However our own were fulfillments of theirs by Christ. As I have said, we would have no Orthodoxy without them. What Chrysostom tends to do is want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

So you know better than St. John Chrysostom? Good to have someone that enlightened on the forum.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 12:12:55 PM by Cyrillic » Logged

Yeshua HaDerekh
Elder

« Reply #233 on: May 02, 2013, 12:12:36 PM »

No but I would still have the original note that says paid in full from the bank it was paid from...  Wink

dcommini
OC.net guru

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #234 on: May 02, 2013, 12:16:17 PM »

No but I would still have the original note that says paid in full from the bank it was paid from...  Wink

Of course you would keep record of the debt, especially if it was paid in full. But you would not still pay on the debt.

Likewise, the old feasts of the Jews were a precursor for our feasts. Theirs showed a debt, ours shows a debt paid in full. There is no need to keep revisiting the debt. 

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...
Yeshua HaDerekh
Elder

« Reply #235 on: May 02, 2013, 12:16:53 PM »

So who is?

Nobody should.

The Jews do. However our own were fulfillments of theirs by Christ. As I have said, we would have no Orthodoxy without them. What Chrysostom tends to do is want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

So you know better than St. John Chrysostom? Good to have someone that enlightened on the forum.

It is not a question of knowing or not knowing "more than Chrysostom". Rather it is understanding what he wrote within the context it was written. Some have taken it to extremes like Hitler. Would you say Hitler was following it correctly? Would Chrysostom agree with what Hitler did?

Yeshua HaDerekh
Elder

« Reply #236 on: May 02, 2013, 12:18:19 PM »

Of course you would keep record of the debt, especially if it was paid in full. But you would not still pay on the debt.

Likewise, the old feasts of the Jews were a precursor for our feasts. Theirs showed a debt, ours shows a debt paid in full. There is no need to keep revisiting the debt. 

So who is?

dcommini
OC.net guru

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #237 on: May 02, 2013, 12:49:02 PM »

So who is?

The only reason I'd keep paying on a debt that is already fulfilled would be that I didn't know that the debt was paid off. If I don't get the message saying paid in full, or if I don't understand that the debt is paid then I would keep paying on the debt. However, since I got the message that the debt is paid in full I do not need to keep paying to it.

And as you mentioned earlier, Jesus and the Apostles kept the fasts and feasts. They were Jewish. However, the Council of Jerusalem said that the Gentiles do not need to follow the Jewish customs to become Christians. I have never been Jewish, and my family has never been Jewish (that I know of), so there is no need to for me (or anyone else not Jewish) to follow the Jewish feasts and fasts.

Check out my blog...
Yeshua HaDerekh
Elder

« Reply #238 on: May 02, 2013, 01:32:21 PM »

So who is?

The only reason I'd keep paying on a debt that is already fulfilled would be that I didn't know that the debt was paid off. If I don't get the message saying paid in full, or if I don't understand that the debt is paid then I would keep paying on the debt. However, since I got the message that the debt is paid in full I do not need to keep paying to it.

And as you mentioned earlier, Jesus and the Apostles kept the fasts and feasts. They were Jewish. However, the Council of Jerusalem said that the Gentiles do not need to follow the Jewish customs to become Christians. I have never been Jewish, and my family has never been Jewish (that I know of), so there is no need to for me (or anyone else not Jewish) to follow the Jewish feasts and fasts.

I never said you did.

dcommini
OC.net guru

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #239 on: May 02, 2013, 01:48:03 PM »

So who is?

I never said you did.

I'm not saying that you did say I did. I'm only giving examples, trying to show that there is no reason to keep to the old fasts and feasts since they have already been fulfilled. I think it is important to acknowledge where our faith started from, and I think it is important to remember our roots. But remembering that there was a debt and constantly revisiting that debt is not the same thing.

Check out my blog...
Yeshua HaDerekh
Elder

« Reply #240 on: May 02, 2013, 01:56:13 PM »

So who is?

I never said you did.

I'm not saying that you did say I did. I'm only giving examples, trying to show that there is no reason to keep to the old fasts and feasts since they have already been fulfilled. I think it is important to acknowledge where our faith started from, and I think it is important to remember our roots. But remembering that there was a debt and constantly revisiting that debt is not the same thing.

I am not revisting that debt, I am honoring the one who paid it since I did not have to.

dcommini
OC.net guru

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #241 on: May 02, 2013, 02:15:49 PM »

I am not revisting that debt, I am honoring the one who paid it since I did not have to.

Then celebrate the feasts that His Church set up in His rememberance, instead of the feasts of those who rejected Him.

Check out my blog...
Yeshua HaDerekh
Elder

« Reply #242 on: May 02, 2013, 02:33:53 PM »

Then celebrate the feasts that His Church set up in His rememberance, instead of the feasts of those who rejected Him.

I DO what He commanded...

TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Merarches

« Reply #243 on: May 02, 2013, 02:39:07 PM »

Where did He command that we follow the Jewish feasts?

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
Yeshua HaDerekh
Elder

« Reply #244 on: May 02, 2013, 02:52:54 PM »

When He fulfilled them. See I thought we were getting somewhere and now you are trying to go in reverse. Remember...Yom HaBikkurim = Pascha? First Fruits...Paul talks about it? Christ our PASSOVER? Remember, ALL NATIONS will be observing Sukkot in the future! According to the prophet Zechariah, in the messianic era Sukkot will become a universal festival and all Nations will make pilgrimages annually to Jerusalem...

dcommini
OC.net guru

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #245 on: May 02, 2013, 03:19:56 PM »

When He fulfilled them. See I thought we were getting somewhere and now you are trying to go in reverse. Remember...Yom HaBikkurim = Pascha? First Fruits...Paul talks about it? Christ our PASSOVER? Remember, ALL NATIONS will be observing Sukkot in the future! According to the prophet Zechariah, in the messianic era Sukkot will become a universal festival and all Nations will make pilgrimages annually to Jerusalem...

You like to talk about people misreading you, but I think that you do not quite understand.

Some of the feasts that the Church has directly correlate to the Jewish feasts, for a reason! It is to show us that Christ fulfilled the Old Covenant. We do not celebrate the Jewish feasts because they are incomplete. We celebrate the Church's feasts because they are complete.

Check out my blog...
Yeshua HaDerekh
Elder

« Reply #246 on: May 02, 2013, 07:42:32 PM »

You like to talk about people misreading you, but I think that you do not quite understand.

Some of the feasts that the Church has directly correlate to the Jewish feasts, for a reason! It is to show us that Christ fulfilled the Old Covenant. We do not celebrate the Jewish feasts because they are incomplete. We celebrate the Church's feasts because they are complete.

I do understand that and have never said differently. 

Феофан
High Elder

Faith: christian

« Reply #247 on: May 02, 2013, 07:55:08 PM »

Dear Yeshua HaDerekh,

Could you please explain to us what you mean by self-identifying your faith as "Eastern Orthodox pre 100AD" and what your opinion is about the faith of the "Eastern Orthodox post 100AD" ?   Perhaps we could understand you better if you clarified these two (related) points in your own words ...

formerly known as theophan_c
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #248 on: May 05, 2013, 03:35:52 AM »

I do understand that and have never said differently. 

Christ is Risen!
Yeshua HaDerekh
Elder

« Reply #249 on: May 05, 2013, 07:52:48 AM »

INDEED HE IS RISEN! 

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #250 on: May 06, 2013, 03:53:19 PM »

LOL, really? Looks like the only idea here that is false is YOURS! You are good at accusing yet offer no proof = false witness.

I am not a Protestant. We dont engage is scriptural spitting matches between individuals.. We refer to the authority of the Chruch itself which has been more than clear that Judaizing is a pernicious heresy. Therefore, it is a false teaching without doubt and leads to perdition.

Yeshua HaDerekh
Elder

« Reply #251 on: May 06, 2013, 07:02:42 PM »

I am not a Protestant. We dont engage is scriptural spitting matches between individuals.. We refer to the authority of the Chruch itself which has been more than clear that Judaizing is a pernicious heresy. Therefore, it is a false teaching without doubt and leads to perdition.

I will stop "judaising" when you stop being an Arian.  Remember when someone asks.."have you stopped beating your wife yet"? Same thing you are trying to do to me. Why not just ask me..."have you stopped Judaizing yet"? LOL

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #252 on: May 06, 2013, 07:11:14 PM »

Roll Eyes

Lame.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #253 on: May 06, 2013, 07:17:47 PM »

I will stop "judaising" when you stop being an Arian.  Remember when someone asks.."have you stopped beating your wife yet"? Same thing you are trying to do to me. Why not just ask me..."have you stopped Judaizing yet"? LOL

Can you answer the question posed in Reply #247?   Huh
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #254 on: May 06, 2013, 08:20:59 PM »

Well now you are just shooting from the hip. I am certainly not an Arian.

The real question isnt Judaizing. It is the authority of the Church. If you beleive that The Church isnt what it says it is then you can feel free to float around and pick and choose by your personal whim. You may end up a Judaizer or an Arian or a Jehovah's Witness.

People come to Orthodoxy when they study the history of the Church and discover it did not disband or fall away from the True Faith. Once you understand that, then the question of heresy gets easier to deal with because you have 2,000 years of commentary to refer to. You can simply ask what  the Fathers had to say about Judaizing and discover that it is condemned throughout the Church over long stretches of time by many Fathers and Saints..

rakovsky
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #255 on: May 07, 2013, 03:10:02 AM »

What do you think about John 4:

21. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

23. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

In Christianity, perhaps the "New Jerusalem" (mentioned eg. in Revelations) is something different than the earthly one?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 03:11:23 AM by rakovsky » Logged
Yeshua HaDerekh
Elder

« Reply #256 on: May 07, 2013, 09:39:58 AM »

The real question isnt Judaizing. It is the authority of the Church. If you beleive that The Church isnt what it says it is then you can feel free to float around and pick and choose by your personal whim. You may end up a Judaizer or an Arian or a Jehovah's Witness.

People come to Orthodoxy when they study the history of the Church and discover it did not disband or fall away from the True Faith. Once you understand that, then the question of heresy gets easier to deal with because you have 2,000 years of commentary to refer to. You can simply ask what  the Fathers had to say about Judaizing and discover that it is condemned throughout the Church over long stretches of time by many Fathers and Saints..

Just using an example of the same thing YOU are doing to me.

The real question isnt Arianism. It is the authority of the Church. If you beleive that The Church isnt what it says it is then you can feel free to float around and pick and choose by your personal whim. You may end up a an Arian or a Jehovah's Witness.

People come to Orthodoxy when they study the history of the Church and discover it did not disband or fall away from the True Faith. Once you understand that, then the question of heresy gets easier to deal with because you have 2,000 years of commentary to refer to. You can simply ask what  the Fathers had to say about arianism and discover that it is condemned throughout the Church over long stretches of time by many Fathers and Saints..

Yeshua HaDerekh
Elder

« Reply #257 on: May 07, 2013, 09:41:32 AM »

21. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

23. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

In Christianity, perhaps the "New Jerusalem" (mentioned eg. in Revelations) is something different than the earthly one?

Interesting thought, however, Yeshua will have a 1000 year reign here on Earth.

TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Merarches

« Reply #258 on: May 07, 2013, 09:44:31 AM »

Isn't that Protestant eschatology?  I was under the impression that the Church does not interpret that as a literal event.

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
LBK
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #259 on: May 07, 2013, 09:45:59 AM »

Isn't that Protestant eschatology?  I was under the impression that the Church does not interpret that as a literal event.

It doesn't.
Yeshua HaDerekh
Elder

« Reply #260 on: May 07, 2013, 09:58:49 AM »

Isn't that Protestant eschatology?  I was under the impression that the Church does not interpret that as a literal event.

It doesn't.

You all seem to forget that not everything is "protestant" teaching. Some of these beliefs were debated in the early church. What you are implying is "chiliasm". The church called chiliasm "superstition." Again, some in the church believed this while others did not. You need to understand, just like the 14th is NOT Pascha, chiliasm is directly affiliated with the belief in premilleniamism as well as the pre-tribulational rapture.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 10:00:51 AM by Yeshua HaDerekh » Logged

LBK
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #261 on: May 07, 2013, 10:19:15 AM »

Isn't that Protestant eschatology?  I was under the impression that the Church does not interpret that as a literal event.

It doesn't.

You all seem to forget that not everything is "protestant" teaching. Some of these beliefs were debated in the early church. What you are implying is "chiliasm". The church called chiliasm "superstition." Again, some in the church believed this while others did not. You need to understand, just like the 14th is NOT Pascha, chiliasm is directly affiliated with the belief in premilleniamism as well as the pre-tribulational rapture.

Yet, in the same breath, you say: Interesting thought, however, Yeshua will have a 1000 year reign here on Earth. Care to explain?
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #262 on: May 07, 2013, 10:25:42 AM »

I will stop "judaising" when you stop being an Arian.  Remember when someone asks.."have you stopped beating your wife yet"? Same thing you are trying to do to me. Why not just ask me..."have you stopped Judaizing yet"? LOL

People come to Orthodoxy when they study the history of the Church and discover it did not disband or fall away from the True Faith. Once you understand that, then the question of heresy gets easier to deal with because you have 2,000 years of commentary to refer to. You can simply ask what  the Fathers had to say about Judaizing and discover that it is condemned throughout the Church over long stretches of time by many Fathers and Saints..

The real question isnt Arianism. It is the authority of the Church. If you beleive that The Church isnt what it says it is then you can feel free to float around and pick and choose by your personal whim. You may end up a an Arian or a Jehovah's Witness.

People come to Orthodoxy when they study the history of the Church and discover it did not disband or fall away from the True Faith. Once you understand that, then the question of heresy gets easier to deal with because you have 2,000 years of commentary to refer to. You can simply ask what  the Fathers had to say about arianism and discover that it is condemned throughout the Church over long stretches of time by many Fathers and Saints..

Say what?

You are plainly arguing for Judaizing Christianity. If that is not really the case then you probably should say so pretty quickly.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 10:26:40 AM by Marc1152 » Logged

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #263 on: May 07, 2013, 10:38:28 AM »

It doesn't.

It is more about a Protestant mind set. That includes a disregard for The Church and lots of picking a choosing and proof texting to suit yourself and your personal preferences.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 10:38:55 AM by Marc1152 » Logged

rakovsky
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #264 on: May 07, 2013, 11:20:50 AM »

ALL NATIONS will be observing Sukkot in the future! According to the prophet Zechariah, in the messianic era Sukkot will become a universal festival and all Nations will make pilgrimages annually to Jerusalem...

Y.HaDereKh,

Why do you think Jesus contrasts worshipping in Jerusalem with worshipping in spirit?

And don't you think Jesus' contrast of the two forms of worship resemble Revelation 21:22:
I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 11:24:37 AM by rakovsky » Logged
Yeshua HaDerekh
Elder

« Reply #265 on: May 07, 2013, 12:53:57 PM »

ALL NATIONS will be observing Sukkot in the future! According to the prophet Zechariah, in the messianic era Sukkot will become a universal festival and all Nations will make pilgrimages annually to Jerusalem...

Y.HaDereKh,

Why do you think Jesus contrasts worshipping in Jerusalem with worshipping in spirit?

And don't you think Jesus' contrast of the two forms of worship resemble Revelation 21:22:
I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

He was prophecing to her of the destruction of The Temple as well as the area she lived in by the Romans. I do not see the relevence of that with Revelation and Zacheriah.  however, what i find interesting is in Revelation as follows:

“1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. 4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. 7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. 9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. 10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. 11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

hasatan has not been bound for 1000 years yet. Also, the first resurection did not occur yet.  There is 1000 years between the 1st and the 2nd. It is only AFTER that time when hasatan is loosed that the Gog/Magog war will occur. The beloved city here would be Yerusalem.

Yeshua HaDerekh
Elder

« Reply #266 on: May 07, 2013, 12:56:15 PM »

I will stop "judaising" when you stop being an Arian.  Remember when someone asks.."have you stopped beating your wife yet"? Same thing you are trying to do to me. Why not just ask me..."have you stopped Judaizing yet"? LOL

People come to Orthodoxy when they study the history of the Church and discover it did not disband or fall away from the True Faith. Once you understand that, then the question of heresy gets easier to deal with because you have 2,000 years of commentary to refer to. You can simply ask what  the Fathers had to say about Judaizing and discover that it is condemned throughout the Church over long stretches of time by many Fathers and Saints..

People come to Orthodoxy when they study the history of the Church and discover it did not disband or fall away from the True Faith. Once you understand that, then the question of heresy gets easier to deal with because you have 2,000 years of commentary to refer to. You can simply ask what  the Fathers had to say about arianism and discover that it is condemned throughout the Church over long stretches of time by many Fathers and Saints..

Say what?

You are plainly arguing for Judaizing Christianity. If that is not really the case then you probably should say so pretty quickly.

I have already...you just do not seem to read anything I write that would discolor your view of me. Understanding doctrine within the original Judaic concept is not "Judaizing"... ie Pascha fulfills Yom HaBikkurim.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 01:02:57 PM by Yeshua HaDerekh » Logged

Yeshua HaDerekh
Elder

« Reply #267 on: May 07, 2013, 12:57:50 PM »

It doesn't.

Yet, in the same breath, you say: Interesting thought, however, Yeshua will have a 1000 year reign here on Earth. Care to explain?

I explain that in the post above. Also, it actually SAYS it.

Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas un Poirot

« Reply #268 on: May 07, 2013, 12:58:56 PM »

Oh great, now we have chiliasm.

Феофан
High Elder

Faith: christian

« Reply #269 on: May 07, 2013, 12:59:29 PM »

Dear Yeshua HaDerekh,

I'm curious to understand the response you are eliciting here.  While you seem to imply it's all their fault, I wonder if they might be legitimately alarmed by something I can only guess at?  I'm not as informed about many things here as others.  You will help us (and me in particular) if you would explain to us what you mean by self-identifying your faith as "Eastern Orthodox pre 100AD" and what your opinion is about the faith of the "Eastern Orthodox post 100AD" ?   Perhaps we could understand you better if you clarified these two (related) points in your own words ...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 01:03:20 PM by Theophan_C » Logged

formerly known as theophan_c
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: