OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 22, 2014, 03:42:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving to Okinawa  (Read 159 times) Average Rating: 0
Famhike4

« on: February 04, 2013, 05:29:07 PM »

Hello, I am Eastern Orthodox, (Serbian... But spent much of my life attending Greek, and occasional Russian Orthodox churches due to location). My family is soon to be relocated to Okinawa Japan for military service. I have done some searches, and did finds the name of an orthodox chaplain in the area. (Who I emailed but have not yet heard back from...) I have been having trouble finding information on Orthodox services on that particular island, Okinawa prefecture. It appears there are some churches on main island Japan, however that is too far for us to visit on a regular basis.

We are so happy at our current parish, I am so sad to leave. We have two young children (5 and 3). Finding a "parish" home, or others that share our faith in Okinawa is a priority for me! We have spent so many years celebrating the Orthodox holidays with our family members in the states, I hope we can find friends to share the celebration with overseas as well!

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it! We expect to move in Summer 2013.
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 08:34:51 PM »

Hello, I am Eastern Orthodox, (Serbian... But spent much of my life attending Greek, and occasional Russian Orthodox churches due to location). My family is soon to be relocated to Okinawa Japan for military service. I have done some searches, and did finds the name of an orthodox chaplain in the area. (Who I emailed but have not yet heard back from...) I have been having trouble finding information on Orthodox services on that particular island, Okinawa prefecture. It appears there are some churches on main island Japan, however that is too far for us to visit on a regular basis.

We are so happy at our current parish, I am so sad to leave. We have two young children (5 and 3). Finding a "parish" home, or others that share our faith in Okinawa is a priority for me! We have spent so many years celebrating the Orthodox holidays with our family members in the states, I hope we can find friends to share the celebration with overseas as well!

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it! We expect to move in Summer 2013.

http://orthodoxwiki.org/List_of_parishes_in_Japan
http://www.orthodoxjapan.jp/link-japan.html

May the prayers of Saint Nicholas of Japan be with you.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 08:35:10 PM by Nigula Qian Zishi » Logged

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
Tags: Overseas  Okinawa  Japan  orthodoxy 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: