OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 28, 2014, 03:10:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BAD FRUIT OF ISLAM -Saudi preacher rapes, tortures, kills own daughter  (Read 675 times) Average Rating: 0
Ikonguru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Baptised Anglican -moving toward Orthodoxy

Lord have Mercy upon me, a Sinner

« on: February 04, 2013, 12:28:35 PM »

This really sickens and frightens me but this appears to be the truth:

Celebrity Saudi preacher who 'raped' and tortured his five-year-old daughter to death escapes with light sentence
-Lama al-Ghamdi's back was broken and she had been raped and burned
-She died in October from her injuries after ten months in hospital
-Her father Fayhan al-Ghamdi, a prominent Islamist preacher, admitted beating her but was freed after agreeing to pay £31,000 compensation

If this is how Islamic justice operates the World really is in trouble.

Why on Earth are Western Governments supporting these militant Muslims in Syria, Egypt etc?

link:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2273171/Fayhan-al-Ghamdi-raped-tortured-daughter-5-death-escapes-light-sentence.html
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 12:31:20 PM by Ikonguru » Logged

It is from a place of exile, where my captors torment me, that I write these lines. Through the grace of our Lord, I may one day be free.
Cyrillic
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 12:29:55 PM »

Be careful. Mods don't like political posts in the public fora.

"Copiare il vero può essere una buona cosa, ma inventare il vero è meglio, molto meglio. "
-Giuseppe Verdi
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 12:31:35 PM »

Why on Earth are Western Governments supporting these militant Muslims in Syria, Egypt etc?
Waiting to go to private fora.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
psalm110
Elder

Faith: Christianity
Jurisdiction: Orthodox

Orthodox Christian

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 08:49:03 AM »

Why did he rape his own daughter ??
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 09:43:34 AM »

I'm fairly sure that there aren't "preachers" in Islam and that raping one's own daughter is haram.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 11:27:04 AM »

A large problem in Mohammedanism is that, due to the influence of al-Wahhab, radicals will destroy their own culture, kill their own children, and bully everyone else into submission. (Albeit we do the same thing in "Western" culture with a more shadowy ideology.)

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Warned
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 11:30:29 AM »

I will consider the "political" talk to be about general church-state relations and keep this topic in FFA-RT. Let's be careful in not introducing partisan politics or policies of particular governments with partisan overtones. Thanks, Carl Kraeff

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 12:33:36 PM »

Until we recognize that the "radical" Muslims are the peace-loving ones, we'll continue hearing about this stuff.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 12:33:57 PM by primuspilus » Logged

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 01:02:10 PM »

Until we recognize that the "radical" Muslims are the peace-loving ones, we'll continue hearing about this stuff.

Wow! I never looked at this in that way. Now you've stirred the little grey cells. I think you might be right.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Jason.Wike
OC.net guru

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 01:08:23 PM »

Because most of them are comprised of demons and supported by people living in perpetual stupor who are happy as long as they get free crap.
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 01:14:17 PM »

I am a little confused. I dug a little deeper and found that there are several different accounts on what exactly happened. Some say he only beated her and others say that he also raped her.

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 01:27:21 PM »

Because most of them are comprised of demons and supported by people living in perpetual stupor who are happy as long as they get free crap.

You just described Americans.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 01:45:04 PM »

And every once in a while God stirs up the Assyrians to wake them up.
WPM
Archon

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 02:07:08 PM »

There is no way to verify the contents of media reports or reported incidents happening ~elsewhere~
Jason.Wike
OC.net guru

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 02:08:56 PM »

You just described Americans.

Yes I know.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 02:36:19 PM »

On a scale of 1 to 10, how surprised were you when you read this article?

For me it was right around 2.  (10 being on the highly surprised end.)

For reference, when I find out that my dog has poo'ed in the basement after being left in her room all day, I am typically at a 3.
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 02:40:35 PM »

For reference, when I find out that my dog has poo'ed in the basement after being left in her room all day, I am typically at a 3.

Why a 2?  Because he's a Muslim?  Because he's Saudi?  Or because he's a human being?

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 03:12:27 PM »

For me it was right around 2.  (10 being on the highly surprised end.)

In all seriousness, I first read:

Bad Fruit of Islam: Saudi Preacher Raps, Tortures, and Kills his own Daughter.

By the time I hit daughter I realized I either got something wrong the first time or my street cred is in serious jeopardy.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 03:12:43 PM by orthonorm » Logged

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 03:13:34 PM »

Why a 2?  Because he's a Muslim?  Because he's Saudi?  Or because he's a human being?

You got me with option #3.  I didn't think of that.  It's probably a big part of it.

But it's the mix of #3 and #2 that really gets me.  People are pretty naughty.  Throw in jihadism into the mix and you start getting real naughties.

#1, no.  There are some moslems that don't eat babies.  I always have to remind myself that some of them have tried to protect Christians.  They just usually wind up dead.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 03:18:34 PM »

For me it was right around 2.  (10 being on the highly surprised end.)

In all seriousness, I first read:

Bad Fruit of Islam: Saudi Preacher Raps, Tortures, and Kills his own Daughter.

By the time I hit daughter I realized I either got something wrong the first time or my street cred is in serious jeopardy.

So I take it your level of surprise was quite high?  If I had read it like that mine would have been significantly higher.  I never really thought that they'd be all that good at rapping.  I haven't heard a lot of it, but I did hear some Turks rapping in German once.  They have to be worse than Bulgarians.  I'm talking Little Bowwow crappy. 

The Russians and French, on the other hand, are rather good at it, though the French have to import Africans to do it.  French rapped with a West African accent is phenomenal.

I have heard Arabic death metal before.  Not bad at all.  There was actually a song called Al Jihad.  That was lol-worthy yet metal-heavy as well.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: