OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 10:01:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heretics invites Russians to Andora  (Read 2086 times) Average Rating: 0
Velsigne
Elder

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2013, 05:40:09 PM »

Bread has greater conductive resistance, does not amplify radio frequency waves and causes signal attenuation, therefore exceeds the tin foil hat in most applications.   That's based on real science too.

Velsigne
Elder

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2013, 06:03:53 PM »

Better to have service in the bush rather then at heretical place - place of antichrist. 

remined me of that: https://picasaweb.google.com/111141238362442690172/GESJvE#

Is that a Liturgy being served on a train in Belgrade?
Alive
High Elder

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2013, 06:59:20 PM »

It is fairly common for orthodox christians to celebrate liturgy in heterodox churches, in countries where they are the majority.
for priest who have not awe of God.... it is....

Godly orthodox priest no way would do it.
That is strong accusation and you better have something to base it on.

We don't celebrate with the heterodox, we simply rent their churches.

That is what our parish does.  Well, I don't know if a Catholic building is considered heterodox...

too many do... it is sad.... holly fathers die for us, and now we betray them .....
I remember, at one time, when I was reading the Desert Fathers, I read about one of them (if anyone can remember the name I would be very grateful). While he was on a journey, he spent the night in the ruins of a pagan temple, where demons were still residing. When he started praying, the demons fled in terror. 

some book say it Makarios Great.

but it was RUINS , not actual acting temple.

lot of great orthodox churches build on or even at ex paganic temples. but no one let pagans use them back.  
Te point was not whether it was a ruin or not. The pagan demons were still living in that temple. Now if a group of orthodox faithful are worshipping in a heterodox church building, should it not e possible them to hunt away all evil which resides inside if there is any?

1. need to pray every were, even in toilet, but we do not serve Eucharistic canon there, or any other dirty or satanic place. 
2. it was not acting temple but ruins.
3. demons are every were including in any church.
4. faithful orthodox would not go to satanic temple for liturgy.

you say they was on mission to hunt away evil by invitation of servant evil .... ridicules.

Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2013, 07:25:16 PM »

1. need to pray every were, even in toilet, but we do not serve Eucharistic canon there, or any other dirty or satanic place. 
2. it was not acting temple but ruins.
3. demons are every were including in any church.
4. faithful orthodox would not go to satanic temple for liturgy.

I think we should just drop this. We will obviously never agree.

you say they was on mission to hunt away evil by invitation of servant evil .... ridicules.

No, I did not say that.

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2013, 08:21:55 PM »

Better to have service in the bush rather then at heretical place - place of antichrist. 

remined me of that: https://picasaweb.google.com/111141238362442690172/GESJvE#

Is that a Liturgy being served on a train in Belgrade?

yup!  the priest got permission. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Peacemaker
Elder

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2013, 09:01:55 PM »

"If you die before you die, you will not die when you die"
Alive
High Elder

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2013, 10:56:26 PM »

lot of great orthodox churches build on or even at ex paganic temples. but no one let pagans use them back.  

So since we as orthodox consider the Cathelics (for example) as heretics, that would make their temple an ex pagan temple, so all we have to do is douse it with holy water & use it when we want....right?  I mean...that's what you're insinuating...right? 

no, no and no...

1. Not "Catholics", but "Roman heretics". Orthodox are only Catholic Church.
2. There are not needs for faithful to even walk into such facility which used to promote antichrist , and to serve lityrgy there is outrageous. Any such events is spit at Holly Fathers and all confessors faces.

Peacemaker
Elder

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2013, 11:15:18 PM »

So since we as orthodox consider the Cathelics (for example) as heretics, that would make their temple an ex pagan temple, so all we have to do is douse it with holy water & use it when we want....right?  I mean...that's what you're insinuating...right? 

no, no and no...

1. Not "Catholics", but "Roman heretics". Orthodox are only Catholic Church.
2. There are not needs for faithful to even walk into such facility which used to promote antichrist , and to serve lityrgy there is outrageous. Any such events is spit at Holly Fathers and all confessors faces.

"If you die before you die, you will not die when you die"
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2013, 11:32:36 PM »

What would you do if a Roman Catholic or other non-Orthodox Christian family member or friend of yours were to invite you to their wedding, the baptism, or the confirmation of their child? What would you do if a non-Orthodox loved one died? Would you refuse to go to their funeral?
Alive
High Elder

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2013, 01:51:50 AM »

What would you do if a Roman Catholic or other non-Orthodox Christian family member or friend of yours were to invite you to their wedding, the baptism, or the confirmation of their child? What would you do if a non-Orthodox loved one died? Would you refuse to go to their funeral?

1. Roman - NOT CATHOLIC....

2. there are religious interaction and social. If drive on the road with satanists i do not pray with. All cases you mentioned are unique and my action would be not equally identical at each occasions . but most deferentially i would not take part at any "religion related event".

Any non orthodox are not part of Christ Church but part of church of antichrist. I have no issue to have dialog with such people and basic domestic/work related interaction - but no more then it.

Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2013, 01:53:45 AM »

The Parthenon in Athens started as a pagan temple to the goddess Athena. After Christianity became the official state religion, the Parthenon became a church dedicated to the Mother of God. It was a church for longer than it was a temple.

Alive, you are making issues where no issues are. Cite some authorities claiming that serving Liturgy in a heterodox facility (not communing with the heterodox) is as evil as you claim.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2013, 01:54:43 AM »

2. there are religious interaction and social. If drive on the road with satanists i do not pray with. All cases you mentioned are unique and my action would be not equally identical at each occasions . but most deferentially i would not take part at any "religion related event".

Any non orthodox are not part of Christ Church but part of church of antichrist. I have no issue to have dialog with such people and basic domestic/work related interaction - but no more then it.

You have not understood, nor have you made sense.

If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Alive
High Elder

« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2013, 02:22:12 AM »

serving Liturgy in a heterodox facility (not communing with the heterodox) is as evil

Of course it is evil to have Eucharistia in satanic tample.  ...sound like you doubt about...
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2013, 02:26:14 AM »

serving Liturgy in a heterodox facility (not communing with the heterodox) is as evil

Of course it is evil to have Eucharistia in satanic tample.  ...sound like you doubt about...

My doubts are more about your sanity.

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2013, 02:27:01 AM »

...your authority to speak on this matter. He asked you to cite sources that support your message. I think that a reasonable request.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2013, 02:28:04 AM »

Alive, you keep wanting us to take your word for it. But that is not how things work anywhere. Provide evidence for your opinion from the teachings of the Holy Fathers.

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2013, 02:28:40 AM »

Please be careful how close you come to casting aspersions on one's mental health on this board. Thanks.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2013, 02:30:00 AM »

And tell us where St. Mark of Ephesus, St. Gregory Palamas, St. Justin Popovic, St. Nikolai Velimirovic or any other saint calls the churches of the Roman pope "satanic temples" or the Latins "satanists."

Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2013, 02:30:33 AM »

Please be careful how close you come to casting aspersions on one's mental health on this board. Thanks.

Apologies.

podkarpatska
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2013, 01:40:32 PM »

For the edification of the rest of us, could you be so kind as to provide some support, be it patristic, catachetical or otherwise for your assertion that "ALL non orthodox are....part of church of antichrist." Your personal opinion or personal beliefs will not be considered responsive.

Thanking you in advance for your specific response.
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2013, 05:41:19 PM »

For the edification of the rest of us, could you be so kind as to provide some support, be it patristic, catachetical or otherwise for your assertion that "ALL non orthodox are....part of church of antichrist." Your personal opinion or personal beliefs will not be considered responsive.

Thanking you in advance for your specific response.

Don't hold your breath, Podkarpatska ...  Roll Eyes
Clemente
Elder

Jurisdiction: Europe

« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2013, 06:53:45 PM »

Russian priest serve liturgy at roman heretical temple at Andora by invitation of roman heretical bishop Joan Enric Vives i Sicília.

http://www.pravoslavie.ru/news/59218.htm

Sorry serb1389 for the move but this is a news Tongue

MK

Well, I do not agree with everything you have said here, but I respect your clarity. Roman Catholicism is replete with error and whilst we should love them, we should also not be afraid to reprove them, lovingly.

Considering that I travel frequently to Andorra, I am encouraged that we have an Orthodox presence there. I do hope they get their own facilities. Just so you know, Serb priests in Spain have shared facilities with Roman priests in the past. Don't go nuclear about it though; eventually, Orthodox communities are getting their own parishes.

A Serbian Orthodox priest in Spain is a dear friend of mine as well.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: