OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 17, 2014, 12:18:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heretics invites Russians to Andora  (Read 1521 times) Average Rating: 0
Alive
Moderated
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox

« on: February 04, 2013, 07:41:57 AM »

Russian priest serve liturgy at roman heretical temple at Andora by invitation of roman heretical bishop Joan Enric Vives i Sicília.

http://www.pravoslavie.ru/news/59218.htm

Sorry serb1389 for the move but this is a news Tongue

MK
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 07:45:56 AM by Michał Kalina » Logged
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: <Insert your favourite patriotic attribute here> Orthodox

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 07:53:03 AM »

Your forgot the signature.

"In Christ,
Alive
Worst of all sinners"

Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 08:06:30 AM »

It is fairly common for orthodox christians to celebrate liturgy in heterodox churches, in countries where they are the majority.

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Alive
Moderated
High Elder

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 08:16:00 AM »

It is fairly common for orthodox christians to celebrate liturgy in heterodox churches, in countries where they are the majority.
for priest who have not awe of God.... it is....

Godly orthodox priest no way would do it.
Ansgar
Archon

Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 08:23:25 AM »

That is strong accusation and you better have something to base it on.

We don't celebrate with the heterodox, we simply rent their churches.

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Alive
Moderated
High Elder

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 08:32:55 AM »

it is not accusation , it is declaration.

Better to have service in the bush rather then at heretical place - place of antichrist. 
Michał Kalina
Stratopedarches

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 08:38:12 AM »

Better to have service in the bush rather then at heretical place - place of antichrist. 

remined me of that: https://picasaweb.google.com/111141238362442690172/GESJvE#

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 08:41:19 AM »

You said that the priests who celebrated liturgy in a heterodox church did not have awe for God. That is an accusation.

-St Silouan the athonite
Alive
Moderated
High Elder

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 08:47:18 AM »

Serbians know well price of heresy....
Alive
Moderated
High Elder

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 08:53:40 AM »

You said that the priests who celebrated liturgy in a heterodox church did not have awe for God. That is an accusation.

1. not heterodox church but satanic temple.
2. i am not prosecutor to accuse ...

...it is well known matter to not serve liturgy at heretical facility. there are no connection Christ with antichrist.

Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 09:01:50 AM »

That is what our parish does.  Well, I don't know if a Catholic building is considered heterodox...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 09:02:51 AM by Kerdy » Logged
Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 09:08:56 AM »

That is what our parish does.  Well, I don't know if a Catholic building is considered heterodox...
Well, as far as I know, the word heterodox is used about those denominations that profess the Trinity, but whose theology is not Orthodox.

-St Silouan the athonite
Alive
Moderated
High Elder

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 09:10:38 AM »

too many do... it is sad.... holly fathers die for us, and now we betray them .....
Alive
Moderated
High Elder

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 09:17:06 AM »

Well, as far as I know, the word heterodox is used about those denominations that profess the Trinity, but whose theology is not Orthodox.

heterodox - is satanic innovation to hide reality..... for simple people it is good , it is bad ... and for satanist there are "other" .... 
Cyrillic
Taxiarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Moscow

The Reactionary Rebel

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 10:27:45 AM »

This is silly.

Odi profanum vulgus et arceo

"J'ai pour les institutions démocratiques un goût de tête, mais je suis aristocrate par instinct"
-A. de Tocqueville

Πρὸς δὲ τὸν ἀξιοῦντα δημοκρατίαν ἐν τῇ πόλει καταστήσασθαι ὁ Λυκοῦργος εἶπε 'σὺ πρῶτος ἐν τῇ οἰκίᾳ σου ποίησον δημοκρατίαν.'
-Lycurgus
Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 10:39:44 AM »

1. not heterodox church but satanic temple.
2. i am not prosecutor to accuse ...

...it is well known matter to not serve liturgy at heretical facility. there are no connection Christ with antichrist.

1. Heterodox means "different belief" opposed to Orthodoxym which means "correct belief". There is nothing wrong with using the term because their faith is different.

2. That's good. Let's keep it at that.

-St Silouan the athonite
Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 10:47:37 AM »

too many do... it is sad.... holly fathers die for us, and now we betray them .....
I remember, at one time, when I was reading the Desert Fathers, I read about one of them (if anyone can remember the name I would be very grateful). While he was on a journey, he spent the night in the ruins of a pagan temple, where demons were still residing. When he started praying, the demons fled in terror. 

-St Silouan the athonite
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 10:58:39 AM »

Better to have service in the bush rather then at heretical place - place of antichrist
Im sure Christians pre-Constantine would agree with you..... Roll Eyes

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 02:24:02 PM »

Better to have service in the bush rather then at heretical place - place of antichrist
Im sure Christians pre-Constantine would agree with you..... Roll Eyes

Are you saying Christians worshiped in synagogues?!?!  IS OUTRAGE! 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2013, 02:27:40 PM »

are you insinuating that the status of serbia today is as a result of heretical actions? 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Romaios
Archon

Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2013, 02:47:26 PM »

St. Gregory the Great favoured a different missionary strategy:

CHAP. XXX. A copy of the letter which Pope Gregory sent to the Abbot Mellitus, then going into Britain. [601 A.D.]

The aforesaid envoys having departed, the blessed Father Gregory sent after them a letter worthy to be recorded, wherein he plainly shows how carefully he watched over the salvation of our country. The letter was as follows:

"To his most beloved son, the Abbot Mellitus; Gregory, the servant of the servants of God. We have been much concerned, since the departure of our people that are with you, because we have received no account of the success of your journey. Howbeit, when Almighty God has led, you to the most reverend Bishop Augustine, our brother, tell him what I have long been considering in my own mind concerning the matter of the English people; to wit, that the temples of the idols in that nation ought not to be destroyed; but let the idols that are in them be destroyed; let water be consecrated and sprinkled in the said temples, let altars be erected, and relics placed there. For if those temples are well built, it is requisite that they be converted from the worship of devils to the service of the true God; that the nation, seeing that their temples are not destroyed, may remove error from their hearts, and knowing and adoring the true God, may the more freely resort to the places to which they have been accustomed. And because they are used to slaughter many oxen in sacrifice to devils, some solemnity must be given them in exchange for this, as that on the day of the dedication, or the nativities of the holy martyrs, whose relics are there deposited, they should build themselves huts of the boughs of trees about those churches which have been turned to that use from being temples, and celebrate the solemnity with religious feasting, and no more offer animals to the Devil, but kill cattle and glorify God in their feast, and return thanks to the Giver of all things for their abundance; to the end that, whilst some outward gratifications are retained, they may the more easily consent to the inward joys. For there is no doubt that it is impossible to cut off every thing at once from their rude natures; because he who endeavours to ascend to the highest place rises by degrees or steps, and not by leaps. Thus the Lord made Himself known to the people of Israel in Egypt; and yet He allowed them the use, in His own worship, of the sacrifices which they were wont to offer to the Devil, commanding them in His sacrifice to kill animals, to the end that, with changed hearts, they might lay aside one part of the sacrifice, whilst they retained another; and although the animals were the same as those which they were wont to offer, they should offer them to the true God, and not to idols; and thus they would no longer be the same sacrifices. This then, dearly beloved, it behoves you to communicate to our aforesaid brother, that he, being placed where he is at present, may consider how he is to order all things. God preserve you in safety, most beloved son.

"Given the 17 th of June, in the nineteenth year of the reign of our most religious lord, Mauritius Tiberius Augustus, the eighteenth year after the consulship of our said lord, and the fourth indiction."

Venerable Bede, The Ecclesiastical History of the English Nation I, 30.
Cyrillic
Taxiarches

The Reactionary Rebel

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2013, 03:01:39 PM »

are you insinuating that the status of serbia today is as a result of heretical actions? 

Status of Serbia?

"J'ai pour les institutions démocratiques un goût de tête, mais je suis aristocrate par instinct"
-A. de Tocqueville

Πρὸς δὲ τὸν ἀξιοῦντα δημοκρατίαν ἐν τῇ πόλει καταστήσασθαι ὁ Λυκοῦργος εἶπε 'σὺ πρῶτος ἐν τῇ οἰκίᾳ σου ποίησον δημοκρατίαν.'
-Lycurgus
KBN1
High Elder

Faith: EO
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2013, 03:10:20 PM »

O Heavenly King, Comforter, the Spirit of Truth, Who art everywhere present and fillest all things, the Treasury of blessings and Giver of life: Come, and abide in us, and cleanse us from every impurity, and save our souls, O Good One.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 03:11:25 PM by KBN1 » Logged
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2013, 04:44:21 PM »

Status of Serbia?

he seemed to be insinuating (to me at least) that Serbians know the "price" of heresy.  that to me naturally means the status of serbia today is the price they paid for heresy. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2013, 04:48:00 PM »

What's the story behind this?  I'm assuming its a DL celebrated on a moving train.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Cyrillic
Taxiarches

The Reactionary Rebel

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2013, 04:50:51 PM »

Status of Serbia?

he seemed to be insinuating (to me at least) that Serbians know the "price" of heresy.  that to me naturally means the status of serbia today is the price they paid for heresy. 

But what do you mean with 'the status of Serbia today'?

-A. de Tocqueville

-Lycurgus
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2013, 04:57:18 PM »

What's the story behind this?  I'm assuming its a DL celebrated on a moving train.

here's a brief article in english explaining some background:  https://frmilovan.wordpress.com/2009/11/24/divine-liturgy-to-go/

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2013, 04:58:22 PM »

Status of Serbia?

But what do you mean with 'the status of Serbia today'?

i'm conjecturing HIS point through that statement.  (I hope that makes sense). 

IOW, i'm ASSUMING that HE thinks that the status of Serbia today is "bad" and that this "badness" is as a result of heresy in serbia. 

IOW, i'm just being ridiculous because he is being ridiculous. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Alive
Moderated
High Elder

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2013, 09:37:06 PM »

I say , Serbians surrounded by heretical people and heavily suffer constantly form.

Heretics = antichrist. (apostol say) 

So we all do suffer from heretics, but Serbians i think may suffer more then any one.
Alive
Moderated
High Elder

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2013, 09:44:56 PM »

I remember, at one time, when I was reading the Desert Fathers, I read about one of them (if anyone can remember the name I would be very grateful). While he was on a journey, he spent the night in the ruins of a pagan temple, where demons were still residing. When he started praying, the demons fled in terror. 

some book say it Makarios Great.

but it was RUINS , not actual acting temple.

lot of great orthodox churches build on or even at ex paganic temples. but no one let pagans use them back.  
Peacemaker
Elder

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2013, 10:05:17 PM »

There, I fixed this thread

This user is no longer active.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2013, 10:17:18 PM »

At last! A post that makes sense.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Velsigne
Elder

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2013, 10:24:02 PM »

Wow, that is SO mean.

Putting a bell around a cat's neck like that. 
LBK
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2013, 10:43:27 PM »

Poor kitty! whoever did this deserves to be called a heretic!  laugh And I hope Kitty gave the perpetrator a good shredding.   Wink
Deacon Lance
Archon

Faith: Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archeparchy of Pittsburgh

Liturgy at Mt. St. Macrina Pilgrimage

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2013, 11:10:27 PM »

Stashko is Alive!!! It works on so many levels. Grin

My cromulent posts embiggen this forum.
KBN1
High Elder

Faith: EO

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2013, 11:24:18 PM »

This doesn't even approach the artistry and masterful finesse of Stashko. 
Deacon Lance
Archon

Faith: Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archeparchy of Pittsburgh

Liturgy at Mt. St. Macrina Pilgrimage

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2013, 12:14:29 AM »

He has obviously dumbed it down to throw us off, duh. Wink

My cromulent posts embiggen this forum.
Michał Kalina
Stratopedarches

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2013, 03:31:55 AM »

+1

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2013, 11:34:59 AM »

Poor kitty! whoever did this deserves to be called a heretic!  laugh And I hope Kitty gave the perpetrator a good shredding.   Wink

That's the worst cat saint icon I've seen yet.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2013, 11:45:37 AM »

Indeed.  Alive's posts are a pale imitation.  I could understand stashko's posts which is what made them so infuriating.  I'm still trying to figure out what Alive is even talking about and it's not just the language barrier.  His posts always lack half the information they need to make any sense in any language.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Cyrillic
Taxiarches

The Reactionary Rebel

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2013, 12:32:42 PM »

I say , Serbians surrounded by heretical people and heavily suffer constantly form.

Heretics = antichrist. (apostol say) 

So we all do suffer from heretics, but Serbians i think may suffer more then any one.

Greeks, Romanians, Bulgarians, FYROMians are all heretics?

-A. de Tocqueville

-Lycurgus
Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2013, 12:36:56 PM »

lot of great orthodox churches build on or even at ex paganic temples. but no one let pagans use them back.  
Te point was not whether it was a ruin or not. The pagan demons were still living in that temple. Now if a group of orthodox faithful are worshipping in a heterodox church building, should it not e possible them to hunt away all evil which resides inside if there is any?

-St Silouan the athonite
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2013, 01:00:40 PM »

So since we as orthodox consider the Cathelics (for example) as heretics, that would make their temple an ex pagan temple, so all we have to do is douse it with holy water & use it when we want....right?  I mean...that's what you're insinuating...right? 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
sheenj
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Indian/Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church

St. Gregorios of Parumala, pray for us...

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2013, 01:02:37 PM »

So since we as orthodox consider the Cathelics (for example) as heretics, that would make their temple an ex pagan temple, so all we have to do is douse it with holy water & use it when we want....right?  I mean...that's what you're insinuating...right? 

I'm not sure, but I think what he was saying is that once it has been used by Orthodox, we shouldn't give it back to the Heterodox.
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2013, 02:18:36 PM »

I'm not sure, but I think what he was saying is that once it has been used by Orthodox, we shouldn't give it back to the Heterodox.

Now now...I was taught at an early age to share with friends.   Wink Grin Cool Shocked

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: