OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 04:10:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Complaint Department  (Read 3897 times) Average Rating: 0
Punch
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2013, 07:01:58 PM »

And Peter is always giving me that green warning dot! Sad

I think that you misunderstand that.  It is an award to those who are a bit smarter and more Orthodox than others.  If you are really good, you will even get a yellow one.

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek *and* Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Happy Holidays!

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2013, 07:32:19 PM »

I think that you misunderstand that.  It is an award to those who are a bit smarter and more Orthodox than others.  If you are really good, you will even get a yellow one.

Green, yellow, purple... Sound like bruises. Cheesy

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
dcommini
Tha mi sgulan na Trianaid
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2013, 07:49:35 PM »

My back has not stopped hurting for over a month now. It makes it very difficult to sleep and work. Let's not even talk about doing prostrations! And to top it all off I lost my temp job because I'm taking anti-depression medicine to help me sleep at night due to my hurt back which caused me to oversleep and miss a day of work combined with all the other times I missed work due to the pain in my back being unbearable.

Oh, and I suffer from frequent migraines, and could possibly have PTSD and depression...

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2013, 09:11:30 PM »

My back has not stopped hurting for over a month now. It makes it very difficult to sleep and work. Let's not even talk about doing prostrations! And to top it all off I lost my temp job because I'm taking anti-depression medicine to help me sleep at night due to my hurt back which caused me to oversleep and miss a day of work combined with all the other times I missed work due to the pain in my back being unbearable.

Oh, and I suffer from frequent migraines, and could possibly have PTSD and depression...

These are complaints that need to be lodged with a higher authority  Sad

Large Marge sent me...
dcommini
Tha mi sgulan na Trianaid
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2013, 09:16:02 PM »

These are complaints that need to be lodged with a higher authority  Sad

Oh, I've already gone to the doctor. Three different ones in fact. I need to call the VA back to set up an appointment for x-rays on my back so they can start to schedule me for physical therapy. I have a psychology appointment next week to see if I really am depressed or have PTSD. I have some leads on a new job, just waiting to hear back...

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...
Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2013, 12:18:56 PM »

I once got one of those too. It was awful. It didn't match at all with my orange avatar.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 12:30:04 PM by Cyrillic » Logged

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2013, 12:28:56 PM »

Seinfeld - The Cartoon

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Arachne
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Happy Holidays!

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2013, 04:15:13 AM »

Dear people on the internetz,

woman = singular
women = plural

Not that hard, is it?

/grammar Nazi Angry

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2013, 04:31:14 AM »

Yah I loose it when peeps can't spell especially when its they're own gender. Its not two hard is it? Drives me nuts, like alot. For all intensive purposes they should just go back to school and relearn this stuff.

Large Marge sent me...
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2013, 04:39:36 AM »

/grammar Nazi Angry

I'll just leave this right here...  Grin

Large Marge sent me...
Arachne
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Happy Holidays!

« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2013, 07:50:04 AM »

mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2013, 07:57:30 AM »

I once got one of those too. It was awful. It didn't match at all with my orange avatar.

Orange can be arranged too Wink
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2013, 08:10:55 AM »

woman = singular
women = plural

Not that hard, is it?

/grammar Nazi Angry

Oh, don't get me started on weasel words/corporate speak, mismatches of plural and singular in the same phrase or sentence, confusion over possessive and plural, and the use of woman/women as an adjective, such as "woman doctor", "woman engineer", etc. Peoples, the proper adjective is FEMALE. Woman is a NOUN. Got it?

And "eck cetera". ACK!! It's ET CETERA! Not to mention "would of" instead of "would have" ....  Angry Angry Angry
Arachne
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Happy Holidays!

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2013, 08:21:36 AM »

woman = singular
women = plural

Not that hard, is it?

/grammar Nazi Angry

Oh, don't get me started on weasel words/corporate speak, mismatches of plural and singular in the same phrase or sentence, confusion over possessive and plural, and the use of woman/women as an adjective, such as "woman doctor", "woman engineer", etc. Peoples, the proper adjective is FEMALE. Woman is a NOUN. Got it?

And "eck cetera". ACK!! It's ET CETERA! Not to mention "would of" instead of "would have" ....  Angry Angry Angry

Ay-yup. Wanna do the finicky-patronising thing? Do it properly: lady doctor, etc. I can live with that kind of mistake. Wink

LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2013, 08:47:34 AM »

Going to a restaurant and being served morsels of food prettily-arranged but underwhelming in taste on plates the size of satellite dishes. Luckily this has only ever happened to me when I've been invited to such a place by others, usually work-related, so I don't need to pay.

Artistic dribbles of runny sauce (usually called jus) which are completely separated from the food the sauce is supposed to accompany, and in hopelessly inadequate quantity. The same goes for desserts which are surrounded by an empty space the width of Saturn's rings, beyond which are small dots or swirls of whatever sweet sauce was supposed to complement the dessert.

The cult of the celebrity chef. Those who dictate who may and may not cross the threshold of their establishment need to look up the etymology and meaning of the words minestrone, restaurant, and hospitality.

Peacemaker
Elder

« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2013, 07:31:18 PM »

Yah I loose it when peeps can't spell especially when its they're own gender.

"If you die before you die, you will not die when you die"
Punch
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2013, 12:37:16 AM »

woman = singular
women = plural

Not that hard, is it?

/grammar Nazi Angry

Morons.  Is "wimmin".

Peacemaker
Elder

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2013, 02:55:08 AM »

The feeling of needing to fart while at work is annoying. And if you can't hold it anymore, you hope someone doesn't walk by...but they always do.

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2013, 03:09:20 AM »

The feeling of needing to fart while at work is annoying. And if you can't hold it anymore, you hope someone doesn't walk by...but they always do.
I'm always afraid the guy in the cube behind me will hear it, but I let 'er rip anyway. I guess that's better than when I worked in an actual office secluded somewhat from other people and would let loose a belch loud enough to rattle my office door.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 03:17:55 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2013, 09:20:12 AM »

That would be fabulous! Grin

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
Peacemaker
Elder

« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2013, 03:26:54 PM »

It seems like every room mate I move in with ends up being completely oblivious to common sense in the house hold. Or maybe the German runs to deep in my family and I'm to order driven. I need order (might be the reason I love ROCOR  Cheesy), as Saint Paul's says "1Cor:14:40: Let all things be done decently and in order."

Things I dislike about room mates:
1) If you spill something on the counter...CLEAN IT UP!
2) Don't slam doors shut
3) If you take a shower, dry off IN the shower, or lay a towel down so you don't drip on the bathroom rug. Because I don't want to walk into the bathroom with my socks on and get them soaking wet!
4) If you are to lazy to take out the recycling, don't throw the recyclables in the garbage!
5) If you take something, put it back where it was
6) Don't burn food in every pan in the house
7) Hubert Booth invented the vacuum cleaner to use, not to look at
8 ) Unplug appliances with heating elements
9) When burning incense(normal stick ones) use something to catch the ashes
10) Don't turn the floor heater on and drape wires over it

Seriously, I swear I'm going to come home one day to a giant fire.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 03:30:48 PM by Peacemaker » Logged

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2013, 01:10:48 AM »

I don't like it when people use "lead" in a sentence, such as in one like this: "He lead them all the way down into the valley." Please use "led". Please? It would mean the world to me. Thanks Smiley
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 01:11:35 AM by Asteriktos » Logged

Large Marge sent me...
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2013, 01:45:19 AM »

-Why the heck is it so difficult to get this guy to stop touching me inappropriately?  I've tried to be understanding and forgiving, but if he does it once more, I'm pressing charges.

-I try to be nice to everyone.  Why can't people just be nice back?  Can't you either be kind to me or leave me the hell alone?

-Why do small insects always die in my coffee during the day?

-Why isn't there a men's monastery closer to my home?

-Why do teachers at school have to fight over me and my time? 

-Why can't I just graduate and have a successful life and be an old man sitting on my porch watching the birds already?  Life is taking considerably longer than it aught to, as I'm already sick of everyone.

-Why did my mother and my grandmother have to hate each other?

-Why do all of my family have to be either in NJ or not talking to us?  All of my friends are having graduation parties, but I haven't got any family.

-Why can't I find clothes to wear when I go shopping?  My 7 shirts and two pairs of shoes are getting very old.

-Why can't my grandfather be alive now to help me figure my life out?

-Why does everyone have to judge me for being religious? 

-Why can't people just leave me alone to be as I am?  I don't bother anyone too much.  I just want to be who I want to be without everyone's judgement.

-Why can't Fr. Seraphim Rose just walk out of the icon and tell me how to deal with my feelings?

Ugh.  Life.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 01:48:30 AM by trevor72694 » Logged

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2013, 12:34:10 PM »

That would be fabulous! Grin

You want to be muted? Really?
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Merarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2013, 02:23:59 PM »

I don't like it when people use "lead" in a sentence, such as in one like this: "He lead them all the way down into the valley." Please use "led". Please? It would mean the world to me. Thanks Smiley

Come on now.  Don't loose your cool!

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2013, 02:52:41 PM »

Hey Trevor, do you have a list of monasteries in Colorado?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2013, 02:54:02 PM »

I loathe getting increases in my satellite TV fees so I can continue to receive commercial laden content.

In frustration, I turn on my Over-the Air HD setup to watch Public TV and get...commercial content, usually interrupting the fund-a-thon.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2013, 04:11:18 PM »

I don't know if this thread is a good idea on a Christian forum.

Just a thought.

I echo your thoughts.  St. Paul has some great advice for just such threads:

"[6] Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; [7] and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.  [8] Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things."

Philippians 4:6-8 NKJV
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 04:12:16 PM by GabrieltheCelt » Logged

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2013, 12:27:34 AM »

Never go to Jiffy Lube and ask for a coolant flush only days before getting your water pump replaced.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2013, 02:02:38 AM »

Why does one have to be a master of satire to effectively participate in this forum?   Huh Jesus spoke in parables, not in satire.
dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2013, 02:37:51 AM »

Yeah, but it's harder to come up with a good parable than it is to just be jaded and pleased with one's own wit.

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2013, 03:29:43 AM »

Why does one have to be a master of satire to effectively participate in this forum?
Who ever said that? Huh

Huh Jesus spoke in parables, not in satire.
I think you're projecting, SolEX01.
Arachne
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Happy Holidays!

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2013, 05:28:30 AM »

Dear antisocial so-and-so,

Was it fun driving full tilt through that huge puddle and soaking me and the boy on the way to school?

I hope it was, because guess whose number plate is getting reported. Angry

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2013, 05:30:49 AM »

Come on now.  Don't loose your cool!

Ugh. And I see that one all the time on weight loss/bodybuilding forums. "How can I loose weight more quickly?"  "I want to loose 20 lbs. by summer!" I guess these are more pet peeves than complaints...

[/nazi]

Large Marge sent me...
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Merarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2013, 10:30:28 AM »

Yeah, but it's harder to come up with a good parable than it is to just be jaded and pleased with one's own wit.

I wrote a parable a week or so ago.  I just don't remember what thread it's on.

EDIT - I think it was the syphilis one.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 10:30:47 AM by vamrat » Logged

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2013, 03:27:04 PM »

Why does one have to be a master of satire to effectively participate in this forum?
Who ever said that? Huh

You did.  You were complimenting one member's "mastery of the art" where the art = satire.

Most complaints are resolved effectively via gentle use of projection.   Smiley
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2013, 03:29:03 PM »

Was it fun driving full tilt through that huge puddle and soaking me and the boy on the way to school?

It's against the law to splash someone in the UK?
sheenj
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Indian/Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church

St. Gregorios of Parumala, pray for us...

« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2013, 03:34:18 PM »

Driving over the speed limit in adverse conditions with pedestrians nearby can be considered reckless driving in many jurisdictions.
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2013, 03:35:54 PM »

Yes.  And revenge *can* be sweet Grin!

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2013, 03:39:42 PM »

I wonder how sweet?  Big fines?  Jail time?  Community service?
Romaios
Archon

Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2013, 03:41:02 PM »

These guys sure deserved it:

British Couple Drive-By Splashing Kids

"A woman is facing charges of 'careless and inconsiderate driving' after deliberately driving through a puddle at high speed to soak a group of people waiting at a bus stop. The charge carries a fine of up to £2,500."

« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 03:42:02 PM by Romaios » Logged
Arachne
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Happy Holidays!

« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2013, 03:42:51 PM »

I wonder how sweet?  Big fines?  Jail time?  Community service?

Points off the licence, for sure. I don't know how many, or if there are auxiliary sanctions for repeat offenders.

The particular road serves 4 schools (a preschool, two primaries and a secondary), so during drop-off and pick-up hours, speed limit is at 5mph.

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2013, 03:48:49 PM »

Who ever said that? Huh

You did.  You were complimenting one member's "mastery of the art" where the art = satire.
But wouldn't you have to agree that it's a non sequitur to conclude from my compliment to Punch that one has to be a master of satire to participate effectively on this forum?

Most complaints are resolved effectively via gentle use of projection.   Smiley
SolEX01, you don't have to be a master of non sequitur to participate effectively on this forum.
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2013, 03:55:55 PM »

Who ever said that? Huh

You did.  You were complimenting one member's "mastery of the art" where the art = satire.
But wouldn't you have to agree that it's a non sequitur to conclude from my compliment to Punch that one has to be a master of satire to participate effectively on this forum?

Most complaints are resolved effectively via gentle use of projection.   Smiley
SolEX01, you don't have to be a master of non sequitur to participate effectively on this forum.

Which logical fallacy was I guilty of (in this thread) according to this website?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_%28logic%29

EDIT: I see that the final part of the statement (being a master of satire...) was unrelated to the first part of the statement (compliment for satire...).
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 03:59:21 PM by SolEX01 » Logged
Punch
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2013, 06:11:48 PM »

Yes, as long as someone being upset that they got wet is sufficient evidence in court that the alleged driver was exceeding the speed limit.  In most jurisdictions in the US, phoning in such a report would be met with "oh that's nice.  We'll get right on it" as they chuckle hanging up the phone.

Driving over the speed limit in adverse conditions with pedestrians nearby can be considered reckless driving in many jurisdictions.

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: