OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 29, 2014, 10:15:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apologetical Material for Mormons  (Read 1039 times) Average Rating: 0
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: January 10, 2005, 06:40:14 PM »

You guys have any good Apologetical material that is CONCISE and basically uses their own stuff against them?  Thanks.
Nacho
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox

The face of Corporate America

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 11:17:16 PM »

I recomend the video tape "The Godmakers 2"...It's really hard hitting and exposes mormonism for what it is. Also very easy because all the person has to do is watch it.

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
TomS
Banned
Archon

Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 12:01:05 AM »

I recommend the "South Park" episode.
Elisha
Protokentarchos

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 12:37:11 AM »

I'm mean something on the internet.  This for some Mormons on another discussion forum (for my profession, not a religious board).  It seems from some of these links I'm reading and hearing from the Mormons, they are constantly morphing their religion to mimic or being inclusive with everyone else - makes this more and more difficult to debunk.  I remember reading an excellent article, rather concise (only a few pages), that showed how they completely took the God becoming man, so man could become god statement out of context from the Fathers.  I've seen a few, but they were wordy, not a strong as I remember the other article and gave them room to argue with (I've seen rebuttals on their behalf, while not that great, still attempt).  I want something ironclad (of course we would consider almost anything ironclad though).

TomS,
Yes, a great episode.

Nacho,
I want to see it myself sometime - I've only seen the original and it was back in the late 80's.  Do you know if it is rentable, say at Blockbuster?
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: