Author Topic: About Angels  (Read 152 times)

Offline Indocern

• BANNED for rules violations
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
About Angels
« on: August 04, 2017, 07:22:41 AM »
So, how can Angels be created Holy and in Heaven already if people are going to be martyrs if they want to be saints in Heaven. Even dedicate their life to Christ if they only want to be in Heaven. And Angels are created in Heaven and created even Holy. Why God do that? I also don't believe that to be so. It is either Angels don't exist or they deserve this holiness. So the question is how they deserve their holiness? What they do and where they lived before become Holy?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 07:24:54 AM by Indocern »

Offline Daniel2:47

• Exploring the Orthodox tradition and seeking Truth
  • Faith: Orthodox - Catechumen
  • Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Thyateira & Great Britain
Re: About Angels
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 08:27:13 AM »
So, how can Angels be created Holy and in Heaven already if people are going to be martyrs if they want to be saints in Heaven. Even dedicate their life to Christ if they only want to be in Heaven. And Angels are created in Heaven and created even Holy. Why God do that? I also don't believe that to be so. It is either Angels don't exist or they deserve this holiness. So the question is how they deserve their holiness? What they do and where they lived before become Holy?

Humans are created in the image of God and given the freedom to grow in holiness of life and the likeness of God. Our first parents rebelled but God has given us this life for repentance to return to full relationship and union with Him.

Angels were created as servants of God. Those who rebelled were not given the chance to repent. Those who have not rebelled remain in a state of servanthood and are able to dwell in the heavens beholding Him.

Offline Indocern

• BANNED for rules violations
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 10:01:12 AM »

Humans are created in the image of God and given the freedom to grow in holiness of life and the likeness of God. Our first parents rebelled but God has given us this life for repentance to return to full relationship and union with Him.

Angels were created as servants of God. Those who rebelled were not given the chance to repent. Those who have not rebelled remain in a state of servanthood and are able to dwell in the heavens beholding Him.

But according to Bible Angels are little above humans so they can't become more holy than them and always will be below them. And why we not be created in the begining holy, because it is the maximum that we can have with much effort in this life, and why they are created so without any effort according to the scripture? So it must be not so, but to have much more effort than us to deserve this holiness, but I don't know where I could find information of their suffering, trials, pain, deeds and life before become Angels (holy). Why a live must be lived only for repentence? If it is for purpose of deserve more than this life it is more logical. And why we are connected to our first parents? It is not necessery we are another beings. And every souls is disconnected from each other. Are not saints servants of God too? But become so after much effort in earth (where more people think here is hell)...? And how this can be true that they don't have chance to repent. I think if somebody become servant of God he can't become sinner because God is in him and it is not anymore possible for him to sin (according to new testament). And if they are spirits who come from alien worlds in the heaven after much effort it is more of course logic to have this prize of being more holy even than saints. Am I right? Thanks.

Offline WPM

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 11:18:57 AM »
Yeah, . . . In Isaiah and Ezekiel talks about the Morning Star and the wicked one falling from Heaven.
Learn meditation.