OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 30, 2014, 08:38:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Constantinople Papism  (Read 281 times) Average Rating: 0
Gunnarr
OC.net guru

« on: February 01, 2013, 06:16:23 PM »

I don't know if this is in the correct place in the forums, but i imagine it might provoke outrage so i put it here.

I went to the wikipedia page of the Council of Chalcedon and noticed a new addition stating that canon 28 was of disputed validity. I went to the new source for that, putting me here:

(American Orthodox Institute website, i dont know what it is)

http://www.aoiusa.org/canon-28-and-eastern-papalism-cause-or-effect/

I read the very long article and I found it very interesting as I have not heard arguments such as this before.

Anyway, if anyone is bored and has already done their prayers for the day , go ahead and read it and comment what you think of it.

I do not have much to say about it really, because I do not know if I can trust the claims. but it seems to have been written by a learned mind. so yeah what do you crazy people here think of it?

I am a demonic servant! Beware!
Cyrillic
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 06:34:25 PM »

Canon 28 isn't disputed in the article but the Phanar's interpretation of it is.

"Copiare il vero può essere una buona cosa, ma inventare il vero è meglio, molto meglio. "
-Giuseppe Verdi
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 08:20:25 PM »

Canon 28 isn't disputed in the article but the Phanar's interpretation of it is.

That's not what I read.

I'm going to need this.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: