OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 24, 2014, 10:18:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR NEW MEMBERS ATTEMPTING TO REGISTER!!  (Read 1317 times) Average Rating: 0
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« on: January 31, 2013, 09:52:17 PM »

We'd like to notify new members of the board that the process of approving of new members is being elongate due to technical issues. New accounts will not be approved until you confirm that you are real people (instead of some bots) in a responce emails to a moderator responsible for that. We're sorry for this inconvenience. We ask you for patience, understanding, and not creating multiple accounts while waiting. We hope this technical glitch will be fixed soon and approving of new members will return to its original way (based on profile information about religious preferences).

mods team of OC.net.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 10:02:16 PM by Michał Kalina » Logged

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Michał Kalina
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 09:58:39 AM »

buhp

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Michał Kalina
Stratopedarches

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 10:18:57 PM »

This has just been fixed. If you want to make your registration faster, please fill the "faith" and "jurisdiction" status (profile => Forum Profile Information).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 01:14:29 AM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 11:17:16 PM »

^ Yes, otherwise you will be put through our normal process:  Being asked to respond to am email from me. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
DeniseDenise
OC.net guru

Faith: Now with added Catechumenness!
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 12:38:00 AM »

a small note and comment on this.

I registered quite a while back, and per the email I got when I did so:

Before you can login and start using the forum, your request will be reviewed and approved.  When this happens, you will receive another email from this address.

So I waited....and waited...and finally sent a follow up note, and still nothing. (and yes, I checked spam filters etc.....)

Just today it occurred to me to try the username and password i had registered with, and it worked just fine.

If there is no follow up mail, the message might benefit from being changed to 'if you don't hear....just try it'  since some of us are patient enough to just keep waiting...and waiting.

Here's hoping my defense at the dread judgement seat of Christ doesn't turn out to be 'well I argued about what day it was.....a lot'
Asteriktos
Protostrator

Faith: Like an arrow to the knee

Happy 450th birthday, Mr. Shakespeare!

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 01:12:15 AM »

Welcome to the forum DeniseDenise Smiley
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 11:16:41 AM »

a small note and comment on this.

I registered quite a while back, and per the email I got when I did so:

Before you can login and start using the forum, your request will be reviewed and approved.  When this happens, you will receive another email from this address.

So I waited....and waited...and finally sent a follow up note, and still nothing. (and yes, I checked spam filters etc.....)

Just today it occurred to me to try the username and password i had registered with, and it worked just fine.

If there is no follow up mail, the message might benefit from being changed to 'if you don't hear....just try it'  since some of us are patient enough to just keep waiting...and waiting.

This is great advice.  Thank you so much DeniseDenise! 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: