OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 01, 2014, 08:29:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: an OCA app?  (Read 916 times) Average Rating: 0
Timon
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: January 31, 2013, 11:36:51 AM »

Anyone know of a calendar app/mobile web site for the OCA similar to the "Daily Readings" app that the Greek archdiocese has out?  I want something that tells you the scripture readings, feasts and saints, as well as the fasting rule for the day just like the Greek one.  The OCA website is close, but doesnt have all 3 in the same place.  The only reason I want an OCA one rather than a Greek one is because I noticed the Greek and OCA sometimes (though its rare) have different fasting guidelines.  According to my OCA wall calendar, there may be a day where wine and oil are allowed but the Greek one says no wine or oil.  I just want one I can take with me.

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 04:59:46 PM »

I don't think there is...but i'm not 100% sure either. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
choy
Archon

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 05:58:27 PM »

Maybe it is something we can make.

How do I create an app?
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 06:15:57 PM »

There is one that can be set for the New Calendar. It is made by Russians, so the fasting is the same style as the OCA. See a review, a screenshot and a link to download it can be found from here.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 06:16:19 PM by Nigula Qian Zishi » Logged

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 09:53:33 PM »

How do I create an app?

If you are really interested in doing something like this I'd recommend contacting the OCA & offering your help

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
choy
Archon

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 09:56:10 PM »

How do I create an app?

If you are really interested in doing something like this I'd recommend contacting the OCA & offering your help

I have to figure out first how to create an app.  Telling my priest would be easy.
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 09:57:57 PM »

LOL!!  Right right.  Cart before horse

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
choy
Archon

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 10:00:30 PM »

I haven't really done coding in years  Grin but I have been interested in making Church apps for a while now.  I've always dreamed of having some sort of e-Service Book where you'll have the text of the Divine Liturgy and all the appropriate variable parts for the day are inserted in-line.  Beats having a book that you have to flip back and forth, easier too for people new to the Divine Liturgy.
Timon
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 10:41:30 PM »

It would be great if the OCA had an app as nice and functional as the Greek one.  Id love to make it happen, but I have ZERO clue how to make an app...

There is one that can be set for the New Calendar. It is made by Russians, so the fasting is the same style as the OCA. See a review, a screenshot and a link to download it can be found from here.

Awesome. Thanks!  I already already had that one downloaded and didnt realize it. Ha.  It was lost in the mix with all my other apps I seemed to have forgotten about.

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 04:14:13 PM »

^ don't worry!  there's an Ap for that too! 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 07:15:38 PM »

It would be great if the OCA had an app as nice and functional as the Greek one.  Id love to make it happen, but I have ZERO clue how to make an app...

Awesome. Thanks!  I already already had that one downloaded and didnt realize it. Ha.  It was lost in the mix with all my other apps I seemed to have forgotten about.

Problem solved! :-)

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
orthodox4life

Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 04:34:06 PM »

How do I create an app?

There are some free app builders you can download but they can be fairly difficult if you've never done any programming.

The true Orthodox way of thought has always been historical, has always included the past, but has never been enslaved by it. . . for the strength of the Church is not in the past, present, or future, but in Christ.

-Fr. Alexander Schmemann
choy
Archon

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 05:11:38 PM »

How do I create an app?

There are some free app builders you can download but they can be fairly difficult if you've never done any programming.

7 years removed from being a programmer Tongue
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 06:48:57 PM »

Problem solved! :-)

This is the second post ive seen from you in less than a year!  Are you feeling ok?

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: