OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 21, 2014, 08:15:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unconditional Love  (Read 11170 times) Average Rating: 0
KBN1
High Elder

Faith: EO
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2013, 02:34:23 PM »

God's love might be extra or supraconditional, but unconditional is just lazy use of language.

Supraconditional.  Thank you.  This makes sense to me. 
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2013, 02:37:00 PM »

I confess I was being wickedly provocative with that line; but I do object to suggestions that Orthodoxy does not need and has nothing to learn from the Latin Fathers.   I find this attitude more sectarian than catholic.  Please know that I am not speaking of you personally.  I am speaking generally about a not uncommon phenomenon.

I do not know of any Church Father, whether East or West, who preached more beautifully, more profoundly, more powerfully on the love and grace of God than St Augustine (see Lewis Ayres' article "Augustine on God as Love and Love as God." 
etc.

Thank you for posting this, I understand now what you were getting at Smiley

I would strongly recommend Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future by Fr Seraphim Rose.
IoanC
Archon

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2013, 03:23:27 AM »

God's love is unconditional and unending for everybody including those who hate Him. However, the acceptance of His love is conditioned by the will of every person. As we know, many do not accept God's love.

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: