Author Topic: Ezekiel 29, failed Biblical prophecy?  (Read 814 times)

Online Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • You don't need global warming to drown in books.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
Re: Ezekiel 29, failed Biblical prophecy?
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2017, 04:45:11 AM »
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2017, 07:43:38 PM »
I think evolutionists "orthodox" who are opposed to the literal understanding of the historic events in the bible are not christians ...

They were baptized; they are Christians. Their beliefs may not be orthodox, but the Church has yet to make that clear. Let's not bite and devour each other like the Protestants with cries of, He is not a real Christian.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • Actual jerk
  • Faith: Christian
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2017, 11:37:38 PM »
I think evolutionists "orthodox" who are opposed to the literal understanding of the historic events in the bible are not christians ...

They were baptized; they are Christians. Their beliefs may not be orthodox, but the Church has yet to make that clear. Let's not bite and devour each other like the Protestants with cries of, He is not a real Christian.

I fear that you're projecting. Protestants are always "I want the new Nike's."
"Now, don't allow yourself to be fatigued beyond your powers; there's a amiable bein'.
Consider what you owe to society, and don't let yourself be injured by too much work.
For the sake o' your feller-creeturs, keep yourself as quiet as you can; only think what a loss you would be!"
- The very memorable words of Samuel Veller

"Mouth make trouble, mouth make no trouble." - Sun Tzu

"Physician, heal thyself." - Ancient proverb