OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 29, 2014, 08:15:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthodox Alien Abductions & Aliens Being Demons  (Read 4993 times) Average Rating: 0
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2013, 09:16:15 PM »

First though one needs to explain how an orthodox alien abduction would look like as opposed to a say a heterodox alien abduction.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2013, 09:21:04 PM »

First though one needs to explain how an orthodox alien abduction would look like as opposed to a say a heterodox alien abduction.

The Orthodox: The aliens were REALLY there!!
The Heterodox: The aliens were there in a symbolic way!!

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2013, 11:18:03 PM »

JamesR, POTM! Cheesy

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2013, 11:25:33 PM »

ROFL!!!

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2013, 12:08:26 AM »

After reading the article, I'm somewhat getting the gist that the Archbishop was referencing that Aliens were demons, or at least Orthodoxy Abductions by Aliens had some kind of demonic affect.

I'm not sure whether or not to give him credence on the article, or think "what the heck is an Archbishop doing writing about this".

There are documentaries on the subject on youtube about Aliens being demons...

Discuss?

There is a fairly large cultic type following of this stuff, so he probably speaks to it because it is relevant to the times in which we live.

Are you asking for people's opinions as to whether they agree with the Archbishop or something else? 

What do you think 'aliens' are?

Not entirely if they agree with him or not.  The subject is just bizarre to me.

Me, I personally believe that it is plausible that they could be demonic....

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2013, 12:17:11 AM »

I am sure that demons could fight with men. Didn't Jacob wrestle with an angel?
Demons are fallen angels.

If we beg Christ and the Theotokos for help, surely they will come to our aid.

If I ever run across an Alien/Demon or whatever, I'll let you know how the fight turns out.  If I win, I will take photos.  I'll even call the cops and have it locked up, but first I'm calling local TV.

However, I would admit, that would be an insanely scary experience.

yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2013, 12:19:00 AM »

LOL!!!!

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2013, 01:09:01 AM »

If there was a demon living in my apartment, I think my first question would be where the rent money is; no one lives here free.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2013, 01:15:20 AM »

If there was a demon living in my apartment, I think my first question would be where the rent money is; no one lives here free.

If there were a demon living in your apartment, forget the rent. Leave and call the priest asap.

Smiley

No, run and get the Holy Water! The demon really needs to be cooled down.
Holy water is your friend.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:37:20 AM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2013, 01:24:05 AM »

From what they say, the demons assault the most righteous the most.

So calm down and sin if cold fronts chase you around the garage. You find apparitions addressing you. Maybe lie a few times about your age, that would get you two for one. Perhaps, insult someone.

The demons should then leave you alone and go bother another poor soul trying to walk the straight and narrow.

Really, you should work up to epic battles with the forces of darkness.

I've yet had a demon bother me and I chalk it up to my incredible track record of being a rather miserable excuse for a human.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:24:41 AM by orthonorm » Logged

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2013, 01:40:58 AM »

So calm down and sin if cold fronts chase you around the garage. You find apparitions addressing you. Maybe lie a few times about your age, that would get you two for one. Perhaps, insult someone.

The demons should then leave you alone and go bother another poor soul trying to walk the straight and narrow.

I've yet had a demon bother me and I chalk it up to my incredible track record of being a rather miserable excuse for a human.

If I were a rich man ....

Hey, did you ever see that movie, Oh God, You Devil?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2013, 01:42:05 AM »

If there were a demon living in your apartment, forget the rent. Leave and call the priest asap.

Smiley

I keep a bottle of it by my bedside with an Icon of St. George over my bed. Can demons enter rooms that have Icons?

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2013, 01:45:16 AM »

If I ever run across an Alien/Demon or whatever, I'll let you know how the fight turns out.

Don't bother going for the groin; I don't think they have genders.

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2013, 02:02:40 AM »

If I ever run across an Alien/Demon or whatever, I'll let you know how the fight turns out.

Don't bother going for the groin; I don't think they have genders.

You'll always have the upper hand if you fight with Holy Water.
You can always put it in a squirt bottle to deliver a wonderful mist.

Some folks use those super soakers which deliver a deluge on the demons.
Only problem: who knows where they are? They could be hovering over your mom.

Smiley
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 02:03:53 AM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2013, 03:03:00 AM »

who knows where they are? They could be hovering over your mom.

Smiley

Could be, could be; afterall, she has rejected the Orthodox Church...

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2013, 03:12:59 AM »

orthonorm you are so demonically possessed already that I don't think it would matter.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
psalm110
Elder

Faith: Christianity
Jurisdiction: Orthodox

Orthodox Christian

« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2013, 03:38:32 AM »

Smiley

I keep a bottle of it by my bedside with an Icon of St. George over my bed. Can demons enter rooms that have Icons?

Yes, they enter in Church easily so I do not see any issue with them entering a room full of icons.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2013, 05:12:18 AM »

I was given this advice for when I see spirits. Ask them three questions, 1) who they are, 2) who sent them, and 3) what is their purpose. I have been told that an Angel or a positive presence will answer whereas an evil one will not. Having tried this myself, I have found that spirits who used to visit me regularly made their evil intent apparent then vanished once I knew to ask them these things.

I have heard this advice in almost the exact same way.  People will scoff, but it is a little difficult to scoff at something more than one person experiences at the same time. 
psalm110
Elder

Faith: Christianity
Jurisdiction: Orthodox

Orthodox Christian

« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2013, 06:41:51 AM »

I was given this advice for when I see spirits. Ask them three questions, 1) who they are, 2) who sent them, and 3) what is their purpose. I have been told that an Angel or a positive presence will answer whereas an evil one will not. Having tried this myself, I have found that spirits who used to visit me regularly made their evil intent apparent then vanished once I knew to ask them these things.

I have heard this advice in almost the exact same way.  People will scoff, but it is a little difficult to scoff at something more than one person experiences at the same time. 

I hope a priest can come in here and clarify that for certain, from listening and reading the experiences of the monks with demons, they said that the demons do not pray to God, does that mean they do not cross themselves or say the Lord Prays when you request them to do it as per you do is that one way of nothing for certainty its an evil spirit?.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2013, 06:47:45 AM »

I hope a priest can come in here and clarify that for certain, from listening and reading the experiences of the monks with demons, they said that the demons do not pray to God, does that mean they do not cross themselves or say the Lord Prays when you request them to do it as per you do is that one way of nothing for certainty its an evil spirit?.

I want to say I read it in a book written by Fr. Alexander Schmemann.  For the Life of the World, perhaps.  It read we must challenge any spirit we come across to determine if it was sent by God by simply asking the question up front.  If not, demand it leave.  The book also warned to be extremely cautious when this happens and not to engage evil spirits “in the flesh” of our own ability.  Perhaps someone else can remember where this was written.
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2013, 10:59:00 AM »

If a demon lacks a physical body, then how could they physically abduct a human?
If ancient aliens didn't exist, how were the demons able to abduct Orthodox Christians?

is such a thing even possible? yes it is!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfSANfVf4-E

Lets not forget David Childress he clearly answers the burning question: what kind of power do you have to have to do that? .....the powers of an extra terristerial!? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKXbTJsnH-s (Warning : sexual humor included)

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2013, 11:22:19 AM »

If a demon lacks a physical body, then how could they physically abduct a human?
If ancient aliens didn't exist, how were the demons able to abduct Orthodox Christians?

I've never seen this show or a clip of it and have only seen this internet bit here and yet I can't stop laughing everytime someone uses it. I think Nick or someone explained the context to me, but it really doesn't need any.

It might just be the unsignified signifier.

totally hilarious! especialy when the xhexy Giorgio and the melodramatic Childress get going. best cons for the job. their fallacious arguments will melt your brain cells but you will die grinning ear to ear.

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2013, 03:49:41 PM »

I have heard this advice in almost the exact same way.  People will scoff, but it is a little difficult to scoff at something more than one person experiences at the same time.  

I want to say I read it in a book written by Fr. Alexander Schmemann.  For the Life of the World, perhaps.  It read we must challenge any spirit we come across to determine if it was sent by God by simply asking the question up front.  If not, demand it leave.  The book also warned to be extremely cautious when this happens and not to engage evil spirits “in the flesh” of our own ability.  Perhaps someone else can remember where this was written.

Engaging demons in debate is not recommended. In other words, if a person is being tempted, he should not engage the Tempter. Instead, he should immediately pray the Jesus Prayer.

Just after the feast of the Theophany this year, my husband and I came home to the strong odor of cigar, which was in the middle of our living room. Since we and our neighbors do not smoke cigars, we had no clue from whence it came. However, it was also a very cold mass of air. Thus we both came to the conclusion that it must be evil, so we immediately emptied our new bottle of Holy Water into a new spray bottle, which we dedicated for this purpose, and then we sprayed that Holy Water while making the Sign of the Cross over that smelly mass of air. It immediately dispersed and the room was warm once again.

That incident reminded me of George Burn's movie, Oh God, You Devil.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 03:50:46 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2013, 03:57:31 PM »

So wait, demons smoke cigars now? You sure it just wasn't my grandfather? Some would say he is evil as well.

Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2013, 06:02:15 PM »

I want to say I read it in a book written by Fr. Alexander Schmemann.  For the Life of the World, perhaps.  It read we must challenge any spirit we come across to determine if it was sent by God by simply asking the question up front.  If not, demand it leave.  The book also warned to be extremely cautious when this happens and not to engage evil spirits “in the flesh” of our own ability.  Perhaps someone else can remember where this was written.

I personally would not engage, but ignore it. I've read many accounts of good and bad spirits appearing to saints, but never read about them asking questions like that.

I remember hearing that the Lord appeard to a saint once--and it was the Lord, not a demon--and the saint, not trusting appearances, said, "I don't want to see you until I'm dead." The Lord blessed him and disappeared.

in another case with another saint, a demon appeared as an angel to bring good news. The saint said, "There must be some mistake. I'm not worthy that an angel should visit me."

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Jason.Wike
OC.net guru

« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2013, 02:14:20 PM »

Seems plausible. I've come to the conclusion that whatever aliens are they are most likely not interstellar travellers since their modus operandi doesn't match up. A being capable of interstellar travel would not need to abduct people, probe them, creep in the dark, etc. They could see all the workings of a human being from orbit and disappear in plain day light.

Which leaves demons... or highly evolved time travelling frogs from earth's future.
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2013, 02:22:18 PM »

A being capable of interstellar travel would not need to abduct people, probe them, creep in the dark, etc. They could see all the workings of a human being from orbit and disappear in plain day light.
You assume that all aliens are from the same planet, or that they all have the same level of technological development.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Jason.Wike
OC.net guru

« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2013, 02:24:01 PM »

A being capable of interstellar travel would not need to abduct people, probe them, creep in the dark, etc. They could see all the workings of a human being from orbit and disappear in plain day light.
You assume that all aliens are from the same planet, or that they all have the same level of technological development.

Well, it would be like developing quantum computers and never developing the wheel to get to interstellar travel and skip out on basic remote sensing.
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2013, 02:27:11 PM »

All things considered, God never taught us anything of other life forms on other planets.   I really often do wonder if all these "alien" things are in fact demons.

Now, what about Job?

Tallitot
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2013, 02:53:03 PM »

sleep paralysis:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

a more likely explanation then alien abduction.

Proverbs 22:7
Jason.Wike
OC.net guru

« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2013, 03:48:50 PM »

sleep paralysis:

Only if the people were sleeping at the time it happens.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2013, 04:01:10 PM »

sleep paralysis:

I posted this in this thread or in another recent one about people having "super"natural experiences.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
jah777
OC.net guru

« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2013, 04:56:56 PM »

By Archbishop Chrysostomos of Etna
http://orthodoxinfo.com/praxis/alien_abduct.aspx

After reading the article, I'm somewhat getting the gist that the Archbishop was referencing that Aliens were demons, or at least Orthodoxy Abductions by Aliens had some kind of demonic affect.

I'm not sure whether or not to give him credence on the article, or think "what the heck is an Archbishop doing writing about this".

There are documentaries on the subject on youtube about Aliens being demons...

Discuss?

As Abp Chrysostomos mentions, Fr. Seraphim wrote about this in his "Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future".  This is a very good book and worth reading not only for his comments on this subject.

These sites appear to have brief excerpts from Fr. Seraphim's book on this subject:

http://www.alienresistance.org/ce4meaningufos.htm

http://philotimo-leventia.blogspot.com/2012/05/christian-interest-in-ufos-by-fr.html

As Fr. Seraphim says in one place:

This is very elementary. If you read any text of the early Fathers, any of the early Lives of Saints or the Lausiac History, you find many cases where beings suddenly appear. Nowadays they appear in spaceships because that’s how the demons have adapted themselves to the people of the times; but if you understand how spiritual deception works and what kind of wiles the devil has, then you have no problems in understanding what’s going on with these flying saucers.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2013, 05:31:53 PM »

sleep paralysis:

Only if the people were sleeping at the time it happens.

And more than one person was doing it at the same time and seeing the exact same thing.  In other words, probably not this.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2013, 05:56:07 PM »

Mass hysteria crowd-mentality? It's not too uncommon when one person freaks out hysterically and then the crowd follows his example and claims to have experienced the same thing. Not sure if it's true or not, but I once read about this one experiment a sociologist did in the former USSR where he chose a random building, stood in front of it, and within a day, something like twenty people were also standing behind him waiting for no reason.

Velsigne
Elder

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2013, 12:32:25 AM »

Haven't had any little green people or flying saucer experiences, but have known people who have seen strange spacecraft and had experiences.  One is a freemason, one is a neo-pagan witch.  I worked with one guy who had no spiritual practice that I know of, and he had contact with them while driving down the road, if I remember correctly.  I don't know if he was abducted, but his eye had a tiny black circle in the iris after it happened.  He said it wasn't there before it happened.

He would get very agitated whenever the topic was brought up, and would go on and on about it.  He was absolutely convinced what had happened was real.  

It's probably not good stuff to get into, though it is entirely possible there are other sentient, carnal beings in the universe.  

From my own experience, things can look completely real, like a human, but you will know right off the bat that there is something terribly, terribly wrong.  It's probably how an animal feels in a trap when the fur trapper comes towering over them.

edit for stray random words (which should be for my entire post really)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 12:33:09 AM by Irini » Logged
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: Agnostic

« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2013, 12:47:45 AM »

I was abducted by aliens one time. I asked if I could take their pic and they said no. Something about how they were ok with blurry images back in the day, but that technology was getting too advanced and they were using cloaking devices and allowing no photography now. I really wanted that pic!
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2013, 12:50:13 AM »

I was abducted by aliens one time. I asked if I could take their pic and they said no. Something about how they were ok with blurry images back in the day, but that technology was getting too advanced and they were using cloaking devices and allowing no photography now. I really wanted that pic!

Were they hiding their horns and black wings with their big red cloak?  Roll Eyes

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: Agnostic

« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2013, 12:53:10 AM »

Don't be silly! They looked exactly like you'd expect. Apparently someone was able to sneak out with a pic at some point (probably those sneaky camera phone things), because I've seen them on the net. Here is one of them:

EDIT--Ignore the copyright info on the side of the pic, that's just the government trying to cover their tracks...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 12:54:04 AM by Asteriktos » Logged
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2013, 01:00:24 AM »

All things considered, God never taught us anything of other life forms on other planets.   I really often do wonder if all these "alien" things are in fact demons.

Now, what about Job?

what about him?

Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2013, 01:09:04 AM »

Mass hysteria crowd-mentality? It's not too uncommon when one person freaks out hysterically and then the crowd follows his example and claims to have experienced the same thing. Not sure if it's true or not, but I once read about this one experiment a sociologist did in the former USSR where he chose a random building, stood in front of it, and within a day, something like twenty people were also standing behind him waiting for no reason.
This is a rather poor example as the two are not the same.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2013, 01:15:20 AM »

Mass hysteria crowd mentality is usually an excuse offered when psychiatrists cannot find any reason why several people become sickened.

Usually, to the embarrassment of the psychiatrists, there IS an odorless chemical leak, or some contamination present in the food, soil, or air that sickens the more susceptible individuals who may be atopic allergic or have chemical sensitivities.

So, whenever a shrink says that people are subjected to mass hysteria, I dismiss that claim as quackery. Those doctors should do their homework and really try to find the source of the illness, rather than dismiss it as idiopathic (an idiot of a pathologist).

Now, mass hysteria due to demonic activity probably is possible.
Could the herd of swine [mentioned in the Gospels] be said to become hysterical on their way to the sea where they drowned?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 01:20:13 AM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2013, 01:16:12 AM »

Cloaking devices? Were they Romulans or Klingons? I like Romulans better, but there are some Orthodox liturgical translations into Klingon, making missionary activity a little easier Besides, the Romulans aren't known for steadfastness.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2013, 01:18:55 AM »

Seems plausible. I've come to the conclusion that whatever aliens are they are most likely not interstellar travellers since their modus operandi doesn't match up. A being capable of interstellar travel would not need to abduct people, probe them, creep in the dark, etc. They could see all the workings of a human being from orbit and disappear in plain day light.

Which leaves demons... or highly evolved time travelling frogs from earth's future.

If they are as smart as we expect them to be, then that would be a very smart thing to do, to keep the guinea pigs in the dark for the research, even use a double blind experiment when necessary that's where those in positions of influence come into play. you abduct people probe them and creep in the dark etc because it works to keep a certain order to things you want to continue to study in their normal habitat and echo system. rather than bulldozing their way in. don't u think? hmm.. Smiley

Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2013, 01:23:21 AM »

Mass hysteria crowd mentality is usually an excuse offered when psychiatrists cannot find any reason why several people become sickened.

Usually, to the embarrassment of the psychiatrists, there IS an odorless chemical leak, or some contamination present in the food, soil, or air that sickens the more susceptible individuals who may be atopic allergic or have chemical sensitivities.

So, whenever a shrink says that people are subjected to mass hysteria, I dismiss that claim as quackery. Those doctors should do their homework and really try to find the source of the illness, rather than dismiss it as idiopathic (an idiot of a pathologist).

Now, mass hysteria due to demonic activity probably is possible.
Could the herd of swine [mentioned in the Gospels] be said to become hysterical on their way to the sea where they drowned?

so you are not quite opposed to the possibility of mass hysteria occurring, only to the assigned source, if I have understood you correctly Maria.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 01:24:12 AM by Hiwot » Logged

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: